w/c26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c26th

Happy Friday Eve ABeroooos! (ya that's a thing. I think)

Mick, no you may not borrow my phone. Damn man you really do have the techno jinx. sorry to hear that.

SK, at least you are ok-ish after what could have been a terrible accident. I've heard many folks are very happy with uber.
    I wouldn't drive but having a truck to pull the trailer is something I'm stuck with, and I like to go exploring the back country.

Lav, doing the insurance gig as it will allow me to work remotely and set my own hours. That way i can have a life while still
    earning income. That's my evil plan anyhoo. Photography, going to the gym, writing, reading, exploring, to boldly cook where no man has
    cooked before.... etc.

PPQ, enjoy the BBQ. I BBQ'd some Filipino-inspired chicken yesterday and it was fab. Put soy sauce, Filipino palm vinegar, sesame oil, and
    chilis into a squirt bottle and kept squirting it periodically. Served with a pile of red bell peppers and multitude of other veggies and rice
    noodles.

I do miss the old chat room here for anyone that can recall back that far. i poke into the one at lifering.org 'round 8pm most nights if anyone
    wants to sneak in. Don't even have to be a proper member. i've been going there for years and still log in as a visitor, but you get your very own
    spiffy name.

I've been going to both Refuge Recovery and SMART meets and now have acquired both of their books, so I have some fun and helpful reading to look
    forward to continuing.

another couple street performer pics from the other day. This guy was not homeless.
    Very different looks/photographic styles:

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

thats it from the sweltering desert for today....

be well loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

ps... yes that's me with a 3lb block of Pecorino Romano I had shipped in from Sardinia! OMG it's so damn good.

nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Determinator View Post
        ps... yes that's me with a 3lb block of Pecorino Romano I had shipped in from Sardinia! OMG it's so damn good.

Had to google Pecorino Romano, figured it was cheese, but WOW, look at you!! :welldone:

Comment

morning all,howare we today then? sun is out here shining its head off the rabbits are out playing ,done a bit in the garden and now doing a bit on the trains ..Well the saga of the phones ....I found a problem that the dealer didnt know about ,it took me about 6 hours to work out ,but Ive done it !Im so chuffed I was dreading the phone going back..ok so lets get on with it ..brew first.
          firstly ,Det you are one unbelievable guy,you have got yourself up ,and moved on ...yes I expect at times behind closed doors you get hacked off..but never the less ..I take my hat off to you ,for talking to and spending time with those less fortunate ...oh and as for the cheese ...yum yum!

hello sk ...glad you are alright ,both with the smash,and also getting the cast sorted on your arm.With the driving ..its how you feel..if you feel comfortable competent and confident then go for it ..if not ,you need to consider the safety of yourself ..and others ..In my eyes you are doing great.....hows the cats today?

hiya Lav how are you then today?hopefully well...I can beat your caterpillar one ...Our nasturtiums and cabbages got decimated by cabbage whites ..but looked out of our bedroom window ..and you have seen pics taken from that ,there was a caterpillar on the glass.thankfully no black snakes though!!Yes Im impressed with the phone ..its a samsung note 8..and now the gremlins are sorted (touch wood)its good ....anyway hope have a good day...

hiya ppqp...last of the summer camps ...hope you enjoy the bbq...yep Im ok ,was feeling on a bit of a downer but that comes with the territory .have you settled back in ,now the jolliday is over?hope all is ok at work ...take care ..

hiya pauly how are you then today? still zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooming around? have a good one .x

right folks ...have a great weekend..

With the circus in town, a local man is very excited to see the magic show and rushes down to the big-top. He reaches the gates just as the circus is closing for the day but manages to buy a ticket and hurriedly runs into the tent. "Where's the magic show?", he breathlessly asks one employee.

The lady replies that she just saw the magician in the back packing up his bags for the day and without wasting a minute, the man rushes back to see the show. He races into the room only to find the magician ready to leave.

"I'm here for the magic show", the guy tells the magician.

"Sorry pal, come back tomorrow I'm going home." replies The Amazing Jonas.

"Look", says the man, "I just paid good money to come in and see a magic show and that's what I expect!"

Visually annoyed, the magician tells him, "Buddy, I've been here all day and I'd like to go home and see my wife and kids."

With that, the customer becomes more irate and DEMANDS that he be shown at least one magic trick.

"Okay, you want to see a magic trick?!", Jonas asks. "Pull down your pants."

The man looks skeptical but does as he's told.

"Now bend over and grab your ankles." As he does Jonas walks behind him and the man flinches. "There," asks the magician. "Can you feel my finger in your ass?"

The man winces and replies, "Yeah."

The magician holds both of his hands over the guy's back, wiggles his fingers in front of his face and shouts, "Ta-Dah."

Vasectomy
          After having their 11th child, a Liverpool couple decided that was enough, as the social wouldn't buy them a bigger bed and they weren't strong enough to nick one, the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children.

The doctor told him there was a procedure called a vasectomy that would fix the problem but it was expensive. A less costly alternative was to go home, get a firework, light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to his ear and count to 10.

The Scouser said to the doctor, "I may not be the smartest guy in the world, but I don't see how putting a firework in a beer can next to my ear is going to help me."

"Trust me, it will do the job", said the doctor.

So the man went home, lit a banger and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs so he could continue counting on his other hand...

This procedure also works in Birmingham, parts of Essex, Sunderland, Aberdeen and anywhere in Wales.

Two women were out for a Saturday stroll. One had a Doberman and the other, a Chihuahua. As they walked down the street, the one with the Doberman said to her friend, "Let's go over to that bar for a drink."

The lady with the Chihuahua said, "We can't go in there. We've got dogs with us." The one with the Doberman said, "Just watch, and do as I do."

They walked over to the bar and the one with the Doberman put on a pair of dark glasses and started to walk in. The bouncer at the door said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman with the Doberman said, "You don't understand. This is my guide dog."

The bouncer said, "A Doberman?" The woman said, "Yes, they're using them now. They're very good." The bouncer said, "OK, come on in."

The lady with the Chihuahua thought that convincing him that a Chihuahua was a guide dog may be a bit more difficult, but thought, "What the heck," so she put on her dark glasses and started to walk in.

Once again the bouncer said, "Sorry, lady, no pets allowed." The woman said, "You don't understand. This is my guide dog." The bouncer said, "A Chihuahua?" The woman with the Chihuahua said, "A Chihuahua? They gave me a farking Chihuahua???!!!"

90% of women don't like men in pink shirts. Ironically, 90% of men in pink shirts don't like women

A recent scientific study revealed that women found different male attributes attractive depending on where they were in their menstrual cycle.
          For example, a woman ovulating found men with rugged masculine features most attractive.
          Whereas a woman menstruating preferred men doused in petrol, set on fire with scissors stuck in his eyes, an axe in his skull and a javelin stuck up his ass.

The Pope was in Liverpool last week curing the sick and healing the masses and all those Pope type things he does.

Anyway, little scouse Johnny comes up to him and says, "Please Mr Pope, can you help me with my hearing?"

The pope then placed his hands over the lads ears and blessed him. "Well that's all well and good, "said Johnny. "but my hearings not till next Thursday.

I went down to the Patent Office trying to register some of my inventions earlier today.
          I walked up to the main desk to sign in and the lady pulled out a form to fill out.
          She asked for my personal info, wrote it down and then asked me what I had invented.
          I said, 'A folding bottle.'
          She said, 'Okay. What do you call it?'
          'A fottle.'
          'What else do you have there?'
          'A folding carton.'
          'OK, what do you call it?'
          'A farton.'
          She chuckled and said, 'Those are silly names for products and one of them sounds a bit crude.'
          I was so upset by her comment I grabbed the form and left the office without even telling her about my folding bucket...

My mate said, "I like your sports car."
          I said, "It's not very practical now we've got a baby."
          He said, "How about I buy it off you."
          I said, "Yeah go on then. Four grand?"
          He said, "You've got yourself a deal."
          I said, "Nice one... you're going to make a fcking brilliant dad."
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...well done you on sorting out the phone. It really does feel good when you solve a techie problem. We actually saw the sun yesterday for awhile and I hope it hangs around until after the BBQ. With temps sitting around 40F and rain in the forecast for the weekend snow could be right around the corner. I swear we're going to go from Summer to Winter without Fall! You're sounding much better this morning, I'm glad the down feelings don't last long.

Hope we all have a Fabulous Friday and I'll check in again later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick the jokes are great haha Det,now that's a block of cheese! Yeah! I'll never give up my beloved cheese PQ,the weather has been nutso this year everywhere,SK,so sorry about the scrape,just glad you're ok,uber or lyft is so cheap anyways maybe it'd be worth it,felt so sneezy and dizzy yesterday and it feels like it's carried over til today,yippee,oh well,Lav,glad you could help out with the boys much love to all and like PQ said have a fabulous BF Friday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I was planning on going to Karaoke tonight and not drink but I decided to stay home. Yes I know that I can do it sober. But I just want to be 100% sure of it.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Evening greetings everyone!

I survived another day with the grandsons, only had to break up 2 fights & they consumed everything in sight, ha ha! It rained most of the day & it's a bit cooler now, thank goodness. I think we're in for a fairly damp holiday weekend. I didn't make any plans anyway since my son & daughter are still not speaking. It's been just about two years now & there's nothing I can do to fix the situation.

Mick, glad you have your phone working now, yay!
                  I seem to have mucho monarch & black swallowtail caterpillars this year which is great because I have been planting stuff for years to attract them. The more butterflies in my life the better
                  The cabbage moths, as we call them are always here. I try to ignore them, LOL

Det, great pics again - a fiddler! I hope Sam checks in at some point so he can see them.
                  You have quite a detailed plan in place, good for you. I hope everything falls into place after all the hard work you've done.
                  Btw - nice cheese

SK, I'm at the point myself where I don't want to drive on the interstates anymore. People are too damn crazy for my liking, they freak me out. Uber is a wonderful service, my family & friends often use them for trips to & from air ports & train stations, etc.
                  I hope your arm is enjoying some fresh air & mild soap & water

Pauly, the boys had their noses stuck in my laptop & iPad all day. They got into a few fights over a game they were both playing online, ha ha!

PQ, you really wouldn't get snow this early, would you? That would be a bit difficult just at the start of the school year, geez.
                  I hope the BBQ was fun & tasty.

Have a peaceful night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I do remember snow in Sept a few years ago PQ? Drifty,good to pass on karaoke for now just to be 100% sure,plus it gives you time to practice hitting the high notes Lav,I didn't know your son and daughter aren't speaking? Jeez,that would be hard glad the boys were somewhat easy today,LB treated me to sn early b-day lunch at the Cheesecake Factory,the waitress must have thought Romeo was older cuz she asked if we were gonna order him anything haha,nope he doesn't even have any teeth yet

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

white rabbitz!!!!morning all ...how are we ? ok I hope ..sun is shining great here and the rabbits are out playing ..Did quite a bit of ballast work on the model rail yesterday ,.and di a bit in the garden the seasons are def a changing now ,This time next week I ll be on the way to Liverpool airport for the flight to Italy ...leaving car at the airport ..in Liverpool ...am I mad?????anyway what are we up to this week end?but first a brew ...
                      hiya Drifty ..wise move not going to Karaoke ...yes possibly /probably you could have done it without booze ,but why put yourself in that position ..hope you are ok ....

hiya pauly hows you then ? all good I hope ..yep the seasons are all backwards /forwards nowadays ...anything anytime ..the cheese factory??oops re read ..the cheesecake!...you doing anything weekend?

hiya Lav ..umpire referee food provider ,hows you then ?swallow tail butterflies are lovely ! I thought the daughter son issue had been sorted?Guess not ...have a decent holiday weekend despite the weather ...

hiya sk how are you today then? hows the arm now?does it feel any easier ?hows the cats doing?

hi ppqp ,hows you then today?hope all is good with you? yep the downers its a case of getting out of it and Im the only one that can do that!Snow ????whats that all about?you can keep that ...eeek!!have a lovely weekend

hiya Sam ,Det and all those names from the past hope you are well .xxx

Possible Cure found for Dyslexia;
                      Spokesman says , There's light at the end of the toenail.

Theresa May to take a trade delegation to Nigeria after a prince emails her about the huge Brexit fund his late father left her...

The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money.

An older gentleman was On the operating table awaiting surgery and he insisted that his son, a renowned surgeon, perform the operation. As he was about to get the anesthetic, He asked to speak to his son 'Yes, Dad, what is it? ' ...'Don't be nervous, son; Do your best and just remember,
                      If it doesn't go well, If something happens to me, your mother Is going to come and Live with you and your wife

I remember trying to impress a girl by putting my foot down on the pedal ..
                      But it turns out she had seen a bin open that way before.

Paddy: "Have you ever cheated on me?"

Wife: "Yes, but only twice. Remember when we were skint, and I said the butcher gave us some steaks for free?"

Paddy: "That's not so bad. What about the second time?"

Wife: "Remember when you stood for office and said you were 350 votes short?"

London Wasps....

Have they got a 'B' team?

How many pessimists does it take to change a lightbulb?

Why bother? The new one will just burn out too.

A man wants to get rid of his wifes cat, so he gets it in the car, and drives 25 miles away. And dumps the cat. When he gets home he finds the cat at the front door.
                      Next day he drives the cat 50 miles, dumps the cat, gets home, and the cat is sitting in the house on a chair. Next day he thinks 'I'll fettle you ya bugger!'
                      Next day he drives 200 miles and dumps the cat again.
                      After 3 hours of driving around he phones home and says to his wife"Is the cat there?"
                      "yes"she replies, he says,
                      "well put it on the phone....I'm fcking lost!"

I had my palm read.

"You like motorbikes" She said

"Hang on, let me take my glove off."

Paddy and Mick were both laid off, so they went to the unemployment office. When asked his occupation,
                      Paddy answered, 'Knicker Stitcher.. I sew da elastic onto ladies' knickers and thongs..'
                      The clerk looked up Knicker Stitcher on his computer and, finding it classified as unskilled labour, he gave him £80 a week unemployment pay.
                      Mick was next in and when asked his occupation replied, 'Diesel Fitter.' Since a diesel fitter was a skilled job, the clerk gave Mick £160 a week.
                      When Paddy found out he was furious.. He stormed back into the office to find out why his friend and co-worker was collecting double his pay. The clerk explained, 'Knicker Stitchers are unskilled labour and Diesel Fitters are skilled labour.' 'What skill?' yelled Paddy. 'I sew da elastic on da knickers and thongs, then Mick puts 'em over his head and says: 'Yep, diesel fitter.'
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,cute jokes Mick working then watching the boys today and tomorrow cuz Kell decided to go ahead and try that new shop and see how it goes,off to get ready much love to all and wishes for a super,sober Saturday!

Comment

MAE ALL...where does the time go!!!!

Lav...the BBQ was ace. For a Friday it was a pretty hectic day, Attila the Accountant was on a roll. LOL We can get snow every month of the year here!

Pauly...good memory! Yup snow on Sep 10, 2014 snow.jpg Early birthday lunch? So is it Happy Birthday or Happy Belated Birthday now? LOL With one of my many trips out I decided to make tacos tonight and thought of you. LOL Will be interested to know how things work out for Kell.

Mick...seasons changing here too. I've actually put 2 of my garden plots to bed for the season. Still have some tomatoes and brussel sprouts I'm babying along. Can't believe it's almost Italy time already. Feels like you just got back. Was raining this morning but the sun showed up off and on today. I've been back and forth to the community centre today, an event tonight and their decorating schedule kept changing. Have to head back in an hour to open up for them and then told them to phone the boss if anything else comes up, I'm done.

Drifty...did I read somewhere that you went to karaoke after all and not drinking wasn't a problem? Maybe it was in the chat room. Good on you, you're doing great.

SK...how's the cast doing? Hope you had a good Saturday.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Gotta get dinner on the go as I have to head out once more tonight. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,Kell quit that shop after 2 hours! Said everyone who works there is a bitch,the customers were cheap,it smelled like sewer,,I was stunned when she walked through the door,oh well she still has our shithole at least

Comment

Pauly....too funny!

Comment

Top O the Saturday ABeroooos!

Thanks Mick, any pics of the model train?

Drifty, great to see you 'round here.... share more

Lav, fight referee among yer talents I see. And yes youngsters eat like mad, i've been cooking for uncles 3 kiddos and wow food
                                doesn't stick around.

Microgreens are doing very well with more varieties here including kolrabi and amaranth which are new in the mix.
                                And.... shot a much better pic of BunBun the supermodel bunny!

Pauly, is your barbershop downtown? I'm way up in the north, northwest part of town. Very Hispanic area. Scoping out some
                                hills/mountains up here to do a (hopefully) epic panoramic picture of the city one night.

PPQ, it's actually too hot to BBQ here... really. I tried the other day and about kicked off from heat stroke.

well, off to do more family fun things. Bowling tonight I hear... hmmm, I haven't bowled since I was 17 so this should be something.

be well loves
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X