w/c 2nd sep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 2nd sep

Mae everybody,bridge looks good Mick,jokes were good too didn't sleep great last night,think too much thinking about work,plus the A/C unit on the roof is going out and has been turning on and off with a thud,it's pretty loud and hopefully the guy comes today to look at it,we haven't seen Sam in a bit either,hope all is ok with him,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Top O the Tuesday ABerooodles!

Mick, survived the mite bites, bravo then. yes BunBun is doing very well here and has a sense of humor for sure... Uncles daughter
      (what relation of mine does that make her.. ) um anyway she was videoing him in her arms and he peed all over her. too funny.

Cut yerself in the closet? I'm mighty good at hurting myself. Pretty well used to it now.

Lav, may very well be the tomatoes. As I'm sure you know many people have trouble with the nightshades family of plants.
      An elimination diet is probably the only way to be sure.

Here's a pic from about 10 miles away from the strip. Very challenging to keep motion blur to a minimum as such:
      you can zoom in.
      Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

and a couple of groovy experimental photos I'm having fun with. I call this one 'cyber bonfire'

and if you zoom in on this one it simulates some kind of drug trip!

Pauly, thanks for the tip on the taco joint. Last night I made Greek meatballs and red quinoa pilaf that turned out grand.
      Bunch of errands to run today and then the gym. Need to keep pushing myself to socialize and find a nice gal that is adventurous
      enough to put up with a guy that lives in a home on wheels. hmmmmm. Runaway from the circus?

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya det ,she is your neice,as for the peeing ...yup been there ...nearly all the time .
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greeting Abbers,

Still looking & feeling like total sh*t but I did get in to see a doc today. She said she feels sorry for me, ha ha!!!
          I'm on a big dose of prednisone for a week then checking back in with her again. I am also set up to see an allergist on the 14th. I think I need to find ot what causes me this misery once & for all.

Det, great pics as always
          btw - your uncle's child is your COUSIN, not your niece!

Mick, maybe the weather changes are affecting Panda's mobility just like they do with us?
          YB is going to have to eat the tomatoes, they don't bother him. I am also halting all of my supplements except for the calcium & vitamin D. Steroids are very hard on your bones & my bones already have issues.

Pauly, sorry work is uncomfortable. We all deserve common decency from those we spend so much time with, right?
          Hope you get that AC looked at soon. I would croak without mine right now.

SK, how are you? We're all thinking of you :hug:

PQ, hope your day was fairly decent

Have a nice night everyone!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...glad day 1 is over!!!

Lav...very hectic day but nobody died so all's ok. LOL Did you get your eyes checked out?

Pauly...$28 for tacos? Were you feeding more than just yourself? Things way to crazy today for any gossiping, that was a plus. Had the same thing happen with our A/C on the roof. Son's bedroom is right below it and it was driving him crazy. I told him to talk to the landlord himself as he can describe it better than I can. Turns out it was our thermostat. It was on of those old ones that you slide horizontally to set the temp. Once we replaced that the thumping went away. LOL Hope you get a better sleep tonight.

Mick...yup, live for the present. Maybe she fakes it so she can get her massage. LOL Ouch! Good save on the dropping blade, I think you were lucky. There's a commercial on TV about life insurance and a little guy running into all kinds of issues saying for some reason I've been deemed a "high risk". For some reason thought of you. LOL Hope the mite bites are getting better. Nope, haven't seen the pic of the engine on the bridge, it looks great! Will the water rise during storms? LOL

Det...great pictures, I got the cyber bonfire one but not the drug trip one. No memories to relate to. LOL Greek meatballs sounds really good! I like the fact that you're pushing yourself to socialize, that was a tough one for me.

Time to figure out what's for dinner. Hope there's something easy to throw together as I'm pooped day. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Xpost - Lav...glad you got your eyes checked out. I'm no stranger to prednisone!
            Last edited by porqoui; September 4, 2018, 07:09 PM.

Comment

morning all ,how are we all today then?hopefully well .dare I say a pretty accident free day yesterday ..Its sunny today ,the rabbits are out playing ,madam is out as well ...she is limping about ...not dragging her leg ..Im at the docs tonight ,nothing seems to work for these bites ,so lets see if they have got anything in the medical bag of tricks.
              so lets have a brew.

hiya ppqp ...how are you then ? pretty busy by the sound of it ..oh Id be an insurance nightmare ..!if the water rises ...Ive got seryus problems !!hope you have a good day ..

hiya Lav ,I hope you are feeling better today..you know I was thinking about her mobility and the link with weather..I think it may be ,but also I think its when she stays in one place and lack of movement ..yes you are right cousin it is ....oops!!!here you go a non allergic cup of tea..

hiya Det ,love the pics .well done to you..hope all is well ..you seem to be getting a handle on it ..good for you!

hiya pauly how are you then? hope all is well ?did you sleep any better last night ...how is work? is it still a coven?....keep your chin up .

hiya sk how are you then how is the arm doing?how are the cats?let us know you are ok?

right peeps ,hope you all have a good day..

Did you hear about the Baker who got an electric shock?

He stepped on a bun and a currant shot up his leg.

I hate people who think it's clever to take drugs..

Like Customs Officers.

My best mate just fainted on the London eye..

But it's okay, he's slowly coming around.

Volunteering in America is absurd,

It just makes no Cents.

Q) What's white and can't climb trees?

A) A Fridge.

I've got no problems with genetically modified food!

I've just had a lovely leg of Salmon

I remember at school we discussed the great rulers.

I opted for the Helix 30cm shatterproof.

If you've seen one shopping centre..

You've seen the mall.

I took my tomcats to get neutered today.

No hard felines.

Q) Why are mountains so funny?

A) Because they're hill areas.

I just slipped on the floor of the local library..

I was in the non-friction section.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning Mick...:yay: Accident Free Tuesday :yay: Let's make that a goal for today too. When you said Madam was out as well I thought you meant Julie and wondered why she was limping. But when you said not dragging her leg I clued in. LOL Good luck at the Doc's hope they can find a trick for you. An insurance nightmare if the water rises :rotlf:

MAE to the rest of the gang. Heading in early to monitor childcare's morning procedure to see where the glitch is. Will see you after work.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,i thought Mick meant Julie too haha ugh think I'm coming down with something,,just feel out of this world and achey,Michelle says shes sick too so probably caught it from Lou cuz he's been sick too,waves to all and have a wonderful BF Wednesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everybody. Mick both you and I should stay inside.

Lav, There are 3 compartments in a tomato. Skin, the jelly and the seeds. I know someone with an allergy similar to that, now he squeezes jelly and seeds out and eats the meat of the tomato. Sorry for your discomfort. If I eat shrimp 2 days in a row. I get hives.

I'm having a very hard time right now and I think some of it might be chemical, ie. hydrocodone. My accident was Dec 16, 2016. I didn't know why I was in such pain, but it was't diagnosed until later about the 4 discs, scoliosis, and the pinched nerve. I took one day a week off the med
                    so as not to be addicted. Then the shattered arm. The other factor maybe the loss of Peggy. After Friday's accident -no injuries Thanks for that.

Now I'm panicking at the driving, it has to be planned. I haven't felt this depressed since my drinking days and that's years ago. Al has no

whats so ever.

Housekeeping is a problem. I do have a housekeeper come every 2 wks, but I lik
                    e to wash weekly, not that important.

And the loss of Peggy. I took her out 4 x day once s chool was back, that's Aug for us. So I'm misisng the exerrcsie.

Maybe I should check my a.d's.

There are only a few things that I can do with my left hand.

Anyway, I've set 3 tasks for today in order to feel a little accomplishment.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Much better day than yesterday even if it was a long one.

Pauly...and the joys of back to school start! Hope you can shake it before it develops into something.

SK...who knew tomatoes were so complicated. LOL Sorry you're having a hard time but you're right, you've had a lot thrown at you lately. I'm glad there was no new injuries from Friday. I was in an accident, no injuries, but it really shook me up. I too planned all my driving and was very nervous. It took awhile but it did pass. The loss of Peggy has changed things too. Perhaps you could just get out for a walk a couple times a day? Not the same but the activity will help. Did you get your 3 tasks accomplished?

Lav...sure you'll be checking in soon. You might let me know what SK means about a.d.'s

Too tired to even think about dinner so it's good old mac & cheese. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP
                      Last edited by porqoui; September 5, 2018, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Feeling & looking a bit better today. Facial swelling has mostly disappeared (you can see my eyes again).
                        I hope more of the redness goes by tomorrow so I can go out somewhere without feeling like I'm scaring people, ha ha! I don't like being cooped up for too long.

SK, it sounds like you have a pretty good handle on why your mood suddenly tanked. You are only human & you have been through an awful lot of physical & emotional trauma the past few years. Is there any local group you would consider joining just for talk & companionship? Maybe something for seniors or a church group or some such things. It's good to have something to look forward to, get involved with, etc. There's a group of seniors near here that meet at the local hospital for get togethers, take bus trips & what not. Maybe you can look for something like that? It's never good to be lonely :hug:

Mick, we have awful little creatures here called chiggers. When they get on your skin they cause a terrible amount of discomfort. I hope you get some relief fast!

PQ, I hope everything works out at the community center. Do you sometimes feel like the sin eater there? Everyone expects you to fix all the problems? I hate that, ha ha!! Surprisingly the Prednisone didn't keep me awake last night, hope my luck holds out. It was so hot here today, 95 degrees, the average for September is 82
                        Hope your AC is fixed quickly!

Pauly, the virus season is upon us. My niece's baby, just a few months old spent 4 days in the hospital due to a viral illness. I hope you all feel better very soon.

Det, what's cookin today?

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I feel better today but Michelle is still sick so she's drinking a beer to try to feel better,,cripes ive done the same before worked with a girl today who usually works the evening shift,what a great feeling to just work as a team and no gossip! Felt awesome but tomorrow back to the same waaah! SK,I feel so bad you're going thru so much crap ATM,I really wish you and your daughter had a better relationship its awful she's so close yet so far away but we can't change people unfortunately,how are the kitties doing? PQ,i made tacos,just the american kind with hamburger meat and McCormick's seasoning haha,Lav,glad the swelling is improving,also glad the steroids didn't keep you up,after feeling so awful after lack o' sleep yesterday I don't wish insomnia on anyone!

Comment

Mae all ...and how are we today then?I hope we are all well .I think mebbe we should call this the doctor fred...anyway went to the doctor,got some roid cream thats steroid cream NOT haemorrhoid cream..the jokes just come piling in ....and the other thing is ..I went for physio the other night ...got acupuncture ..but they did a full assessment ..now bear in mind I hve been going to chiro for about 8 years now ..they did the initial assessment and said it was a prolapsed disc..This phsio thinks not ..he reckons my pelvis seized one way ..when I did the initial injury he reckons I twisted my pelvis and the muscle went into fight or flight mode ..to prove it he pressed the muscle at the front right..jeez I nearly hit the roof!so we shall see in a weeks time I will be climbing Vesuvius .if that is the case, then Im pretty hacked off all the money for nothing ..we shall see how it goes ..
                            ok brewtime..Ive been laying the ballast on the tracks of the railway ..every bit of gravel has to come off the rail sleepers ..long job ...

hiya pauly how are you today then? you feeling any better today?I there no way you could get to work with this other girl ..?you seem to really enjoy it ...yep we have all done Michelles stunt ..and had a beer ..McCormicks seasong ..yup we get that here too..

hiya Lav ,glad youre eyes are better..but hey ..every cloud has a silver lining ..if it had of been November you could have gone trick or treating .......here we go tho any allergy free brew ...

hiya ppqp ...tired but a better day?good for you ..hows work doing .?any dramas?

hi sk ....you ok today?I can have accidents in an empty room without trying !like lav says ,isthere anything you can get invlved in .? get yourself over here and you can help me do the trains!

20180906_100105 (1).jpg

20180906_100031.jpg

20180906_095725.jpg

20180906_095910.jpg

oh and a pic of my flowers!

20180903_133911.jpg

right folks ,have a good day...

I've been thinking about selling my John Lennon memorabilia on eBay.

Imagine all the PayPal..

I spent most of last night in jail..

Couldn't roll a double for the life of me.

I walked up to a female member of staff in Tesco today and said, "Do you know where the Weight Watchers meals are?"

"I'm afraid not," she replied, "It's my first day."

"Fair enough," I said, "Let me show you."

The British woman who fell off the cruise ship has been named as Eileen Dover.

News headline: Red Bull thieves steal £850,000 worth of energy drink in staggering heist in Belgium...how do these bstards sleep at night!?

Will my continental quilt still work when we leave the EU........

Just saw a sign that made me pee myself.....

Toilets Closed.

Bought a dog from the blacksmith

Soon as I got it home it made a bolt for the door

A Traffic Warden's coffin was being lowered into the ground, and a voice comes from inside. "Please help..I'm not dead..I'm not dead...Please let me out"

The vicar smiles...and leans over the casket and says.

"Too fcking late you ..I've already done the paperwork"

I saw an ant crawling on the kitchen floor so I placed a sugar cube in its path and the ant studied the cube then turned around and walked off, no doubt to go and tell its friends where a hearty meal was.
                            I then removed the sugar cube so when it did return with its friends they would all think it was a liar.
                            Get out of that one hee hee

Paddy drags a huge metal box to the Antiques Roadshow, when it was recently visiting Dublin.
                            "Where did you get that from?", the expert asks.
                            "It's been in my loft for 40 years. I think it's an heirloom", says Paddy.
                            "Do you have insurance?", asks the expert.
                            "No , should I?" asks Paddy.
                            "Yeah", says the expert, "it's your water tank."

to all the kids that failed there GCSE's or didn't get the results they wanted 2 things to remember,

1. it's not the end of the world you can always re sit them

2. I don't like gherkins on my big Mac

A bloke walks into a bar with a salmon under his arm.
                            He says to the barman "Do you serve fish cakes in here"?
                            The barman replies "No, we dont"
                            The bloke says "That's a shame, its his birthday today"

Every time my doorbell goes my dog hides in the corner
                            He's a Boxer

Suffolk Police have confirmed that a man who fell into a combine-harvester..while trying to steal it...has been bailed!!

Comment

Hello all - sorry for the long absence, too much work, but I have made it through the "ring of Fire" and am coming back to my senses. And making some life changes.

Special hello to my little monthly group: Lav, so sorry to hear about the tomato issue - I hope you are doing better today! Pauly, I wrote on Paulysville when I couldn't get to this thread. Hope you ar feeling better today. SK, dear - it sounds like you have had a tough time --- did I read that you you lost Peggy? Big big hugs all around...

Hello to all here, and I hope to be posting regularly - and become a subscriber... have to figure that out. Luckily I had not logged out in July when last I posted... now to remember my password and login so I'm sure I can get back in...

Wishing all a happy day -

Comment

Mae everybody,great to see you Cyn,,what's new? just a quick wave to all this morning,,back later!

Comment

Working...
                                X