X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 2nd sep

Good evening Abbers,

YAY Cyn, great to see you back
    I hope everything is OK with you, sometimes changes can be a good thing. Please stop back in soon!

Mick, so you have jumped on the steroid bandwagon, ha ha! I hate them but sometimes they are the only choice to cure what ails you
    Your train pics look great, have fun with that forever project. My daughter is working in physical therapy & has never been happier in any job. Keep getting your therapy & do what they tell you to do to keep the pain level down.

Pauly, I can't even imagine drinking now to try to feel better although I imagine it's something I did too at some point I hope Kell gets better soon.
    Glad you finally enjoyed a decent day at work!

SK, I hope you are feeling a bit better today :hug:

Hello to PQ, hope you are well.

I powdered up the redness left on my face today & ventured out to the grocery store. Of course I ran into one of the former Curves members - She knew immediately that something was wrong with me, ha ha!!!
    We're having a thunderstorm right now which makes me happy. Four days of 95+ degrees was enough, ugh!

Have a nice night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...sad day today, somebody vandalized the community garden last night. Although they pulled up all the plants they left them sitting on top of the dirt, so still salvageable. A mass email saw many members come to check their plots out and harvest what they can. This may be the earliest we've put our garden to bed for the winter in 5 years. Hoping I can find something on the security cameras and at the very least shame them in the newsletter. Will be googling recipes for carrots, beets, onions, tomatoes, green/yellow beans, zucchini...soup?

Mick...wow 8 years of chiro to find out it may be something else! Other than the wasted money if they're right it sounds like it can be corrected. Day 2 was better and today was even better than that. Although childcare still have issues they now have a work around until I can sort out the bug. Everyone's been so busy there's no time for drama! The trains are looking great. Can't wait to see all the Christmas lights on them. LOL

Tgirl...or is it Cyn... I can't believe you haven't logged out since July LOL. Looking forward to more posts and getting to know you better.

Pauly...maybe you should work the evening shift, better co-workers and you'll be ready for sleep when you get home.

Lav...glad you were able to get out today, even if it was in a disguise. LOL Jealous of your thunderstorm.

Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,sorry about the garden,,,assholes! whoever did that should be ashamed of themselves,sounds like teens,no one the evening shift,just no..heading out to California in a bit I'll try to check in but if I don't I'll see you all on Sunday,much love to all and have a wonderful BF weekend
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly...I hear you about the no on evening shift. LOL Have fun in California.

Brews all around as I head out the door. Have a good one.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya folks ,quick jump in ..Ive taken the rabbits to the rabbit boarding place ..Im just trying to order pandas meds on line its a nightmare because its prescription meds ...will jump in later
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi all -

Pauly, are you feeling better? Thanks for the shout out.

I am back home for the first time for more than a few days... I am working with my own clients, but closing out my other job... trying to learn to work regular hours and not 80-hour weeks. It may take me some time to re-frame. I did my Affirmations yesterday for the first time since about May.

Hoping all here on the thread are well... Mick, sorry to hear about your muscle issue - hope it gets solved so that you can travel...

Wishing all a good AF Friday.

Comment

Oops - just saw all the recent posts, they had not loaded before... hey Lav! We are having rain here, but cooler, all good.
                Cheers -

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

Mick, sorry to hear 'bout the health challenge... no fun. trains on the other hand do look fun.

Treegirl, nice to have you back in the hood

won't believe this but I signed up for a dating site yesterday and lets just say it's most entertaining! no, no plans to
                  meet anyone at this point. Just mostly shaking my head in disbelief at a lot of what I'm reading.

working on the job scene still. not panicking but staying on it for sure....

Pauly, my faux hawk is looking great! it's not at all punky-looking. Maybe it's working too well, per the contacts I'm getting
                  from prospective dates so whacha doin' in Cali? fun I hope.

PPQ, hope you get something from the security footage. jeepers. regarding soups I like to sometimes add 'gumbo file seasoning' which is
                  simply very finely ground bay leaves. i add it right toward the end.

errands to do.... gym to sweat at..... recovery meeting to visit.... off I zooms

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det, love stirring a roux for gumbo to a shade of an old penny.

PPQ that is terrible. Why are some people wanting to destroy hard work and beauty? When we had the mini mansion living here in the 90's, our neighbor had OCD and kept his lawn like a golf course. One night some hooligans sprayed RoundUp all over his lawn, passive -aggressive for sure, but why? When someone is OCD, it hurts them in an emotional way.

Mick, how is the back? Not too sure about the chiro. I do believe in Physical Therapy.

It's 95 and in the middle of a t/storm.

Bought a cat genie today. Hope it works. I clean as soon as i know one has left a gift, but it still stinks.

Lav, did the other person you met think you had gone a few rounds?

Laters

Gave up on the split screen, upside down computer and got a new one. Life is too shprt for that frustration.
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...and it's the weekend. :yay:

Mick...glad you got the rabbits sorted away and hope you succeed with the prescriptions. When are you heading out? Hope you and Julie have a great time, looking forward to pics.

Cyn...at times I feel like I work 80 hours a week! Good luck with closing out your other job.

Det...hope you had a good day and good meeting tonight. I'll take your soup advice into account. As long as you're just having fun with the online dating, ok.

SK...good for you get ridding of the frustration. What kind did you get?

Lav...will just say hi now. LOL

Looking forward to just relaxing this weekend. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers

Feeling & looking a bit betterish today!
                        Of course I'm in front of the mirror every two hours scraping away peeling skin & applying moisturizer, LOL It will get better with time.
                        Grateful my eyes don't hurt today, woo hoo!!!

Mick, sounds like you are getting ready to take off for vacation soon! I hope you have a wonderful & safe trip.
                        Getting all the details taken care of before departure can be exhausting, for sure.

Cyn, I am so happy to hear you are trimming down your work life. Good choice :hug:
                        Enjoy every cooling drop of rain at this point, right?

PQ, what a shitty thing to happy to the garden. I thought Canadians were nice people & didn't do dumb stuff like that (just kidding). I hope you catch the little gremlins & have them put in their place for the vandalism.

Det, you be careful of those 'fast women' on those dating sites, ha ha!
                        I am way too old to ever even imagine how those things work but apparently they do sometimes. Take your sweet old time buddy

Pauly, I just happen to know it's your birthday today so -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
                        I wish you a healthy & happy AF year ahead! Enjoy your trip to California!

SK, we never had a cat until YB returned home with one after his four year absence. We never had a cat because he claimed to be allergic to them. Whatever! I can't stand the smell of a litter box either. You can find litter that does a better job than some others but the box needs to be scooped constantly.
                        Congrats on the new computer. I agree with you, life is too short for all that technical frustration

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all...how are we today its daft o clock but when your awake ..your awake....Pauly apologies ....but Happy 21st to you x hope you had a nice b day.

hiyaSk ,hows you and the noo computer then?hope you are a bit more techie minded than me ....with regards to my back...all I can say this is day3 relatively pain free ....ok it aches but its a weary ache as opposed to pain if that makes sense..you take care

hia Det ..a dating agency..well well ...enjoy yourself ...you sound prwtty chipper mate go for it ...

hiya ppqp ...you ok?I know you are ..have a great weekend

hiya Lav...hows you then today? what disguise are we doing today then? seriously tho hope you are gertting better ..A4 year absence and comes back with a cat? "hiya ,just popped out and look what I found!"

hiya treegirl ,hows you then?whatcha been up to ?

right folks time to get my holiday face on ....take care all of you,

My missus threatened to leave me today because, apparently I'm a smart arse. She said:

''We're at a crossroads in our relationship: one way is love and trust, the other is a break-up.''

I said, ''I think you'll find that's a T-junction.''

I did a few gags for the Osteoporosis Society the other day!...The audience were cracking up in no time!!

My girlfriend accidentally hit our cat with her car.

The poor thing was asleep on the couch at the time.

I finally realized my parents favored my twin brother. It hit me when they asked me to blow up balloons for his surprise birthday party.

I've finally discovered that at my age, pleasing everybody is impossible.

But pissing everybody off is a piece of cake

Grandad always said you should always embrace your fears .

Apparently Great white sharks don't like a cuddle R.I.P Grandad.

I walked past a tramp today and he said “You got 50p for a sandwich sir”

I said “Show me the sandwich first”

I will always remember the day my Mum told me that Father Christmas didn't exist.

I was so upset I stormed out of the house, got in my car and drove down to the pub.

Paddy is on Who Wants To be A Millionaire.

Chris: For £64,000 name 3 of the Great Train Robbers.

Long pause

Chris: Do you need a lifeline?

Paddy: I know the answer

Chris: You know the answer?

Paddy: I know the answer but I'm not a fcking grass.
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi ho.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

just lost my post. Be back later.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hiya Mick, you doing okay?

Lav is it steroids causing you to peel like that?

I bought the cats a lava lamp today, so I can get a vew minutes peace.

Afrer you plug it in it takes about 2 hours for blobs to start moving around and they evolve from the lava base. I saw a erection of sorts, and checked it later and there were 2, one circumsized and the other not!
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X