7th octomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th octomber

PQ,now im gonna add stove top to my turkey breast next time,awesome idea! Lav,great job to your grandson for the A's yay! The boys are doing better Rome had a double ear infection and he's still on his antibiotics,Lou's better but he slept for 2 hours on Sunday when I watched him so I know he's still got something lingering,that child doesn't nap like that! Allergy season is here for me grrrrrrr
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Heya ABeroooodles!

Lav, sorry the diet is no fun, you get to add some variety anytime soon? i know it's a slow process but super informative.

Tree, mold report come in yet? hoping for a negative result of course.

Pauly, I started sneezing last night myself. better tonight but a little itchy. Sounds like kids got you hopping around.

Oh man, it's super late again I realize... gotta start posting earlier in the 'more awake time'.

I did run up to a nearby mountain today and got some fun late sunshine shots with a lot of texture/contrast. Here's one:

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

more to come of course

SK, yep, rabbit here does indeed own the place. this morning Bunbun decided to eat some sheet music
      from on top of the piano. ack!

PPQ, glad you had a fun and festive dinner

Mick, thanks for fun pics as always. Such cute critters.

that's it for sleepy head. gnight loves zzzzzzzzzzz
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then? hopefully all well ...Its gorgeous out there today...supposed to be the last day of summer ...hopefully there will be a lot of last days ..Fence is now at 1.2m high ....They have both got greenish tinges to their noses ,where they have been digging into the grass to get to each other ...oh she likes the hutch..Jeeves not impressed at the moment with it!!

20181009_082027.jpg

20181009_081938.jpg

20181009_081926.jpg

Bonnie is a really cute rabbit ...but arent they all...ok so lets have a brew ...

hiya Lav ,hows you then?hope you are well..nah cant see you running thru the house for a digestive biscuit ...or maybe??? ha ha ...congrats on the smart grandson..I thought it was your son that was the fire bobby?you shoulda called him for the ladder work...hope you have a nice day ...

hiya det ....you doing good mate? nice pic...that looks a nice tab up that hill......you got any shots you took up there?yes ..rabbitz do run the house ....

hiya ppqpq.....hows you then ....we have lotsa sunshine here today ? you want some..?.....oh yes bonnie has decided she will like some of the big hutch ...or shall we say the food that Jeeves doesnt eat ....they are still a bit feisty at each other but it is def looking good....hows the weather you still got snow?....

hiyatree hows you then today ? hope all is well ..taxes done n dusted ...what other projects have you got on the go?

hiya pauly how are you then today?whats with the allergy thingy ? you coming down with something?hope not .hope you and yours have a nice day today .

right folks will put some jokes up later x have a great day .....
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det....sounding busy! Meant to say congrats on the roller gig, that brings back memories of another peep who used to post on this thread.

Mick...glad you got some sunshine for a change. Do you think 1.2m is tall enough? Yup, still got snow. Temps supposed to turn around after today and we may actually get to our norm of 55F next week. Not holding my breath.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, hope we all have a great day....:PPQP:

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Mick, such cute pics, and what a great hutch! I hope the two start to blend in together -- Bonnie is certainly asserting herself, going into Jeeves' spot! Loved the joke about the turtle and the birds.

SK, how is the wrist? And your energy? I hope you start to see some cooler temps soon.

PPQP, yum, the dinner sounds great, and good leftovers too. Sending you the hot air from here - hinestly it's still like summer here, hot and humid - you'd probably take that over snow! We too are supposed to be in mid-50s this weekend, x fingers.

Pauly, sorry to hear that the boys are sick -- hope you can dodge the worst of the allergies this year. And I want that turkey recipe!

Det - what a great pic, congrats. You have a rabbit too? One that likes sheet music? Ha!

Lav, what a scary thing in the night, so glad it was a false alarm... maybe a spider or something? Sheesh! We should pay quarterly Est tax, but our cash flow doesn't allow it. I have to prep HB's corporate, my sole proprietorship, and joint taxes with itemized deductions, home office, unreimbursed employee expense, etc. I'm already prepping 2018 - though who knows what the tax laws will make those returns look like? Anyway, glad to have this year's off my head and chest.

More clients today, and then working on my other job, doing development work. So far behind on that, and their fiscal year ends in October, so I had better step up this evening and put in a good bit of time. The mold extravaganza got me very behind...

I got a dehumidifier for the upstairs of the house, and it is collecting about 6 gallons of water every 6-7 hours! Day after day! And I don't have the windows open to the 97% humidity! Our house must have become a giant sponge over the hot, wet summer... hoping to dry out here soon. And have some cooler, dryer air... one can always hope!

Here's my current favorite affirmation: "I am building a new and wonderful life for myself". Wishing all a good day - --

Comment

as promised...

New reality shows for the long winter nights:

Splat. The same as Splash but with only two feet of water.
              I'm a NHS hospital patient, get me out of here.
              Celebrity chainsaw massacre.
              Celebrity Blindfolded Archery.
              The You're shit factor.
              For Buddhists, Big Bhudda.
              The Queens Speech on helium.
              Cannibal Hell's Kitchen.
              Animal Hospital. Also known as Friday night in casualty.
              Doctor Who? A documentary on the pronunciation of NHS doctors names..
              And finally, Political Punch Up, no more boring back and forth verbal nonsense. Get them in the ring to smack the crap out of each other.

I’m sick of my workmates, they are such immature gits, touching everyone and shouting “tig”

They didn’t get me though, I was standing on a chair and had my fingers crossed!

I drink that much recently, I have started to not recognise people...

Last night this bird said to me, "Alright, ain't seen you in a while, how's it going?"

I slurred something along the lines of, "Mmmerrr, yah, not bad ta, good to see ya..."

She said, "You don't even know who I am do you?"

I replied, "Yeah, of course I do sweetheart, I've seen you about, I'm just sht with names..."

She said, "Just get to fcking bed, Steve, before you wake the kids."

If I could take Abba out to lunch I would, my friend, for Nandos.

Breaking news: Man killed by Steamroller. Police not sure what happened as evidence is thin on the ground.

After I broke up with my girlfriend my mum said ..."never mind son
              there's plenty more fish in the sea".
              I replied
              "Maybe not , unless we have sustainable fishing and agricultural policies mum."

John is walking through the Red Light District when he notices prostitutes all stood at individual windows that look out onto the street. In one particular window is stood the most gorgeous woman John has ever seen. Being curious, he decides to go over and knocks on the window to get the prostitutes attentions.
              “How much?” He asks.
              “€50” she replies.
              John stands there surprised and replies
              “That’s fcking good for double glazing”.

Ivanka Trump would make an 'incredible' Ambassador to the United Nations.

She'll be able to find more poor countries to make her clothes.

I hate when I am about to hug someone really sexy and my face hits the mirror.

Why did the baker have brown hands?

...He kneaded a poo...

There once was a man called Bob
              Bob has no arms

'Knock Knock'

'Whose There?'

It isn't Bob.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...glad the boys are doing better. Didn't you just get over allergy season? I guess certain things populate at different times so it's probably never ending. Hope you can keep a handle on it.

Tgirl...we got above freezing today so thanks for sending the warmer air. Keep it up I want to at least hit normal temps! Wow, 6 gallons in 6 hrs every day! I'll send some of my cooler air your way. You certainly are a busy lady and definitely didn't need the mold issue derailing you. Hope you can get everything caught up soon.

Pi...been thinking of you a lot lately. Hope everything is going great and that you too are just a busy lady.

Lav...figured you might have posted before I got home from work today but alas no. You'll probably pop up just as I post this reply.

Ezzy, pezzy chicken souvlaki stir fry for dinner tonight, as soon as I get up the energy to get off the couch. Going to read Mick's jokes first. Temps just above freezing today but it was overcast and dreary which tends to drag me down. Hope you all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP
                Last edited by porqoui; October 10, 2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Greettings Abbers,

I have the grandsons here & they are so noisy, ha ha! They are on my laptop so I am stuck with the ipad to post.
                  They are full, homework done, just waiting for their mother to get here.
                  My friends in FL have reported themselves as safe after the hurricane passed nearby them, phew!

Mick, if my son ever took a damn day off maybe I could get him to help with some things here, ha ha!
                  Glad the bunnies are happy & doing bunny things.

Pauly, it’s a shame some kids are so prone to ear infections. They usually outgrow them, eventually.
                  Allergies are abundant here too!

Cyn, wow that’s a lot of water you’re taking out of your house. It was so wet this summer. I had the boys outside a while ago showing them the rotting birdhouse gourds. At some point I guess YB will just till the whole garden and that will be that. Good luck with the tax work, it drives me nuts & is one of the main reasons I shuttered the business. That & non-paying customers.

PQ, I’m hearing we have cooler, more seasonal weather on the way after a rain day tomorrow. Better than snow, for sure.
                  Never minded driving on snow but ice is another story.
                  Glad you enjoyed your turkey feast! The weekend is looking cool & dry, so far.

Det, loved your pic! Makes you want to put on your hiking boots, lol.
                  I am trying to be creative with this eating plan but there’s only so much you can do with a few ingredients. Hopefully when the month is over I will be able to tolerate more, hopefully.

Hello to SK, hope your wrist is giving you a break from pain today.

Ok, have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all, it's been non-stop rain for days. Dr. Sawbones says the last month's healing and is almosy complete. Starting physio ASAP. Still hurtsbutthat

Hi all, raining non stop for days. Poor Florida will be hit again. I sometimes think the world is in bad shape, so many countries moving to the right. Don't know if you saw he article about the Saudi's influence and Israel's part in the election. No wonder Trump sold (or gave) Saudi's all
                    Enlightened by MWO

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then?all good I...well yesterday was like summer ,28 degrees..its sunny again this morning but supposed to rain this afternoon ..The rabbits are doing ok ...Bonnie is in the conservatory a lot ,she gets on with me ,I need to get the fencing done on the left side so that I can change them over an she stays on the hutch side ...she is getting too comfy on this side...Bonnie is def still young ,you can see that ,but they will make it ...Also did a bit on the railway ,its starting to get there slowly but surely .ok brew time..

hiya SK ...I m glad the healing is on the go for you ...long may it continue ..it was sunny here about 10 mins ago ,but its starting to cloud up now..hmm as for the world issues..yes there is certainly "room for improvement"..as for the infuence ...with all that and the Russian angle too ..should it not be effluence? there is a campsite in Scotland called Turnberry ...it is adjacent to Turnberry golf course..the one that trump has an interest in ..it is changing its name ..because it is losing money hand over fist ..no one is using it because of the trump connection ...

hiya Lav ...hows you then today? have the gkays gone or is it still noisy ..I note they have taken over your electronics too!!yep the bunnies are fine ...the sooner I have them together the better but its got to be done properly ..

ppqp ...hark at you then ....chicken souvlaki eh?havent a keloo what it is but it sounds nice ..hows the weather today your way?hope all is well ...cant be too bad my mate is still hauling his road train out there...have a lovely day ...

hiya pauly hows you then today?feeling any better ? guess what ..checked my bougie last night ...tiny poiple flowers starting ....

hiya det you ok mate?

right folks ...have a good day everybody ..those here and elsewhere ..

They told me I’d never be any good at poetry because I’m dyslexic but so far I’ve made 2 jugs and a vase!

October is Eczema Awareness Month so I'm raising money by selling scratch cards.

Old McDonald built up debt's

io io u

I went to Specsavers and said, "I think I need new glasses, these are blurry."

The optician replied, "If you're going to clean them with your handkerchief, do it before you blow your nose."

fool your pals into thinking you've been on masterchef by inviting them over for tea and putting flowers and green stuff on their fish fingers and chips..

After a freak spate of wild fires in the canadian wilderness and australian outback ..only one culprit springs to
                      mind ..Ray Mears, bushcraft my ass, that fat gitt's an utter pyromaniac

Paddy & Mick are driving a truck and arrive at a bridge with a warning sign, "Maximum Height : 4.4m". They get off and measure their truck. It’s 6 meters high.
                      "What shall we do?" asks Mick.
                      "I can’t see any cops" says Paddy, " let’s drive on"

I pushed all the chips I had left in on the poker table, the dealer looked at me and said, "Is that all you've got?"

I said, "Yes, I've got nothing more..."

"What about your ante?" He asked.

"Hold on!" I said, excusing myself while I made a quick phone call..

A few moments later I came back to the table.. He said, "Well?"

I said, "Nah, she ain't got shit either."

Comment

MAE ALL...

Morning Mick...hope you enjoyed your 10 minutes of sunshine. Yup, weather is ok here, streets generally bare and dry. Just heard the 7 day forecast and we're heading to 65F next Wednesday. Seems like a vacation day would be in order.

Have a great day all, will check back in after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick sounds like Bonnie likes to be close to where you are,that's a good thing funny how people from other countries can see what a silly fool DT is yet people who live here are under some kind of spell they can't seem to break out of,its only gonna get worse I can feel it.PQ,what's in mind for dinner? I'm doing Velveeta hamburger helper stroganoff and corn (back off Lav haha!) just something easy,now I think I caught the boy's crap cuz I couldn't stop sneezing last night and woke up in the middle of the night with a weird throat,grrr,SK glad the healings moving along,Cyn,hope you're doing well,loved the affection yesterday,well I'll be peeling myself off the bed to get to work,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hidy ho ABEroooos!

Pauly, your poor stomach! you are a survivor my dear!

I just got done making some chile rellenos that came out fab, using queso contija and fresco.

Tree-unit, you should write an Amazon review of that dehumidifier if it holds up.

Lav, what foods can you eat currently? I'll try to think up some ideas....

Here's a pic I took looking the other way from the mountains the other day down upon the city.
                            The time of day combined with the way I post-processed the shot makes it look like a huge ghost town.
                            Post apocalyptic Vegas!

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Mick, weathers been much nicer/cooler lately so we've been taking Bunbun out for excursions in the yard and down the
                            street a bit which is fun. Here and there he gets jumpy, literally jumping several feet in the air which is awesome.

well, AL has not even whispered to me as of yet which is grand. Casinos just amuse and horrify me

going to try for some downtown time-lapse pics soon.

PPQ, enjoy the heat wave!

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I am a bit spooked. This apt. has been flooded twice and one day there was a mud splat on the wall. I thought Peggy must have brought something in and kicked it off hitting the wall. 2 days later same story and when I grabbed, it snail horns peeked out. It was just like a lump o mud the size of a small turtle. I started googling but there wasn't much. Today another woman found one, but hers was just a giant African snail that got into the US. Apparently the floods, have created all kinds of bug habits. Ducks eat them and then produce parasites.

Anyway, I'm calling a scientific place. Texas A&M is local. I'm getting the creeps at bedtime.

Houdini escaped the box again, so te vet said to bring her in whenever I catch her (Misty).

I hope the very best for all the people in Michaels path, horrifying and it's so strong.

Mwah!
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Getting some rain with more to come overnight then it's supposed to clear & cool down. Anything is better than this 85% humidity, yuck.
                                Got my things (mostly) together for Saturday's fair, still hoping on a dry day for the event. Tomorrow is allergy testing with skin patches applied for a few days. Not exactly looking forward to it but that's the way it goes. I also have to pick up the grandsons again tomorrow after school. They'll keep me from worrying about itchy patches, ha ha!

SK, glad to hear your healing is going well.
                                I don't know what to say about the bug situation except Ewww. I hope the situation improves quickly for you!
                                We are still dealing with those funky stink bugs here, yuck.

Det, that's a great shot of an almost ghost town
                                Right now I am only supposed to be eating meat things, greenish veggies & a few fruits. Starchy veggies, grains, legumes, gluten, sugar, fermented foods (even vinegar) are out!
                                Like I said before that doesn't leave a whole lot of variety but it's OK. By the end of the 30 days if I have cleared out the bad bacteria in my gut & replaced it with good stuff then maybe my system will be happier. The weird skin inflammation I've been dealing with is really what got me started on this program. Looking for the cause of chronic inflammation is like looking for a needle in a haystack, you know?

Pauly, get yourself some vitamin C to protect yourself from the kiddie crud. I swear by Immune C. Hope you feel better soon.

Mick, Bonnie definitely likes you, ha ha! She knows who the good guys are & where the treat come from
                                The boys now want to play a game called Roblox on my laptop because you can't play it well on an ipad. This is just like when my kids were young - everything that was mine was also theirs ~ or so they thought LOL

Cyn, be prepared for a big rain coming your way, oh boy! It's the last thing we need but we're getting it anyway.

Sam, hope you are OK & not getting too much of the Michael remnants.

Wishing everyone a nice night!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X