7th octomber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th octomber

SK, so glad your healed up as to be ready for physio. And what an exciting critter discovery, though you'd prolly
    rather not have it in your home. so wierd!

Mick, I can't wait for this show: Celebrity Blindfolded Archery thanx!

SK, your diet is the way I naturally eat and feel great on! should be a gazillion fun things to make... wish i was closer we'd
    have some gourmet fun. Except I'd miss vinegar. you can have lemon/lime juice? please say garlic?
    Glad to hear a dry spell is due. I'm sure Treegirl and SK would dig that too.

well, spent part of the night downtown shooting 'the strip' from new/interesting angles. My new photo tool for getting new vantage
    to shoot from is google satellite view. used it to find an open-top parking garage at the Bellagio to shoot the fountain show from
    a unique perspective. not the best angle to get the fountain but it is an angle with different background I don't think I've ever
    seen before and you sure don't get shots like this with a cell phone. You can zoom in on it.

Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Pauly, allergies kicking up a tad for me too. Dunno what's up with that

well, off to edit more photos.

zzzzzz loves
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all ...and here we are again ..now in the middle of storm Callum..its blowing a hooley here today ,and a load of rain too...so unless it calms down a bit the peskies wont be coming out...first storm Bonnie has been through!..so how are we today then? tis Friday poets day for those it applies to ...letshave a brew ..

hiya det ...a question mate ..your last post bar one ...WE take bun bun out ..the we?something missing out of this little plot my friend ?Secondly so glad booze isnt part of the show any more ...well done to you

hiya SK how are you the no idea what your creatures are?n? any joy from the texas a ,n m?Have you managed to catch houdini yet?Im sure they know the word vet....hope you have a decent weekend.

and hows you then Pauly?you still got the cold ? Julie has brought one home from work! Velveeta hamburger stroganoff? whassat then? hope you have a grand weekend

ppqp ...65 de greez???you are supposed to be covered in snow arent you?..and yet you are gallivanting around in the hot weather ,whilst Britain gets blown away....hmmm ...hows work then ? you doing your own thing today?

hiya Lav hows you then ? all good I hope .you already for the show tomorrow...hope the weather stays good for you..Is it an Amish one?...and no ..no peanut butter required for bonnie ..she already has it all worked out ...are the kids going with you to the fair ..?

right peeps ..hope you have a nice day and weekend..

My last girlfriend left me because of my obsession of touching pasta.

Feeling cannelloni right now

My boss is always complaining about me cutting corners at work.

It’s particularly confusing for me as I fit carpets.

I remember being at school when my teacher asked me if i knew a sport that started with a T.
      I said Yes, of course........... Golf.

For Princess Eugenie's wedding, all the scrounging bstards are being turfed out of Windsor.

Good for her, it's her day. No need to spoil it with relatives you can't stand.

A hitchhiker waved me down the other day and said “I’ve broken down and could do with a lift.”
      Before driving off, I told him that counselling works wonders, and that I liked the cut of his anorak.

Hyde in manchester is to be twinned with the town of jekyll georgia u.s.a

I've just left feedback for my second hand telescope I bought from eBay.
      Poor; 2 Stars.

"Sorry Paddy, you can't come into the pub dressed like that."

"Why not?" He replied.

"You're wearing fecking Speedos ya daft get."

"Well of course I am." Replied Paddy, "I'm here for the pool competition."

Pret a manger have managed to poison more people than Vladimir Putin...
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello Abbers,

A couple of long days behind me, and things are looking up. Thanks Lav, yes got that rain and wind, but cooler here today. PPQ, glad the weather is a little better... I'm glad you have some warmth to look forward to. Chicken souvlaki, yum. Lav, so glad that this year you are able to see the boys a lot - is the mom stil mum about whatever was going on last year? Good luck with the allergy tests, sorry you have to go through that. Also sorry to hear that you closed the business! SK, glad to hear you may be headed to PT soon! How is your escapee doing? Sorry about the weird creature! Pauly, take care - I just finished up with 3 weeks of some sinus thing... finally able to breathe better. Good idea on the vit C, I will take some. Det, love the pics and the stories of how you get the shots! Mick, I think your Bonnie lass has a crush on you! Hope your weather has improved.

Well, too tired last night to check email and see the mold report - better go get those results and make a plan. Finally the humidity level in the house is at 45 -- that's the first in 2 weeks of having the de-hum on 24/7. Yay! I can turn off a few fans that have been running all that time too... ah, quiet.
        Here you go Pauly: "I expect good things to come into my life". Happy Friday all --

Comment

Morning friends,Mick that joke about the guy in the speedo reminds me of when I was a kid and we'd be driving and see a bar with a 'pool" sign i always wondered how they fit a pool in such a small building haha,kid's minds Det,the pic you posted yesterday pretty much sums up the allergies,the air quality here sux and it's rarely clear,shout out to SK,Cyn,Lav wishing everyone a great BF Friday,PQ,any more snow?
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...it wasn't snowing today it was leafing! Chinook hit last night, wind warning in effect all day and all those frozen leaves came back to life. LOL Are you surviving your allergies? Came across a tin of Rotel (diced tomatoes and chili) which I could only buy in the states before. So bought velveeta cheese and made Queso dip. Don't tell Lav.

Tgirl...sounds like things have turned around for you, well a little bit anyways. Completely forgot about the noise of the fans. Hope the mold report isn't too shocking.

Mick...its blowing a hooley here today too but instead of rain we've got leaves. How did Bonnie manage with the storm? Work was good today and I was able to do my own thing. A little dip in the temp tomorrow, which is ok cause I'm not going to the football game, and then we might see summer back! Crazy weather. Marijuana becomes legal in Canada on Wednesday, temps should be around 68 with plenty of sunshine. Wonder how many people will take the day off. LOL

Det...I have tons of fun playing with google satellite view, it's amazing what you can find. Like the an open-top parking garage at the Bellagio, who knew.

Lav...hope the allergy testing went ok and the skin patches don't itch too much. Do the g/kids have to eat your diet as well?

Having breakfast for supper tonight. LOL Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends,

Well, I drove the 45 minutes to the allergists office but she decided to wait until Nov 9 to do the skin patches. What a waste of time & gas.
              I was asked to get the boys from the school bus again & then asked if I would keep them overnight. I know my son is working a lot of overtime shifts to psy the bills. I also know my DIL is busy going go spiritual retreats & wasting money while avoiding responsibilities
              She has never actually apologized or given us an explanation but I do know she is being treated for Bipolar II, among other things. I’ll bet she has gained nearly 150 lbs, crazy. So I am keeping the boys tonight, ordered them a pizza for dinner & will take them along to the craft fair tomorrow. No big deal, right?

Det, love that picture!
              I am using tons of homegrown garlic & onions, trust me, ha ha!

Mick, please don’t send your storm here we have had more than our fair share. I’m sure the bunnies were safe & sound

Cyn, I closed my business because 15 years of arguing with the PA tax revenue people was enough. Also, tired of non-paying customers. Dealing with collection agencies is not fun. I’m just sticking with the crafty stuff & will take cutom orders from friends & such. LESS STRESS is a good thing.
              Glad your extreme house moisture is dissapating. I live the cooler weather, I really do!

Pauly, hope your day was good!

PQ, if you & Pauly want to eat chemical cheese products, go ahead, ha ha! With the condition of my gut I won’t even walk past the stuff.
              I like breakfast for dinner every once in a while too
              I hope your weekend weather is awesome.

SK, how are you today?

Guess I should chase these boys to bed soon. It’s noisy here, ha ha!
              Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
              Last edited by Lavande; October 12, 2018, 07:51 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello friends,

Just a quick greeting as I am racing around to get all ready for the dog sitter -- I am off to the big city to see HB today and tomorrow, returning Monday.

Lav, you are back in baby-sitting mode again, I see. I know the boys must be so happy to be with you. Sorry about the doc - what's up with that? Are you feeling any better? Funny, on my lo-fodmaps, onions and garlic were out for me! I still don't do garlic, and onions only sparingly. Good luck.

Pauly, did you escape the kids' colds? Hope so. How's the drama at work, any less?

SK, how's the wrist? I really hope that soon you'll be pain-free. Did you ever check into CBd oil?

PPQ, you crack me up - yes, spring returning and weed legalized - many folks would take a day for that celebration. Enjoy the warmth.

Det, hope all is well and you are clicking away.

Mick, how did the bunnies fare in the storm?

Well, mold report is still due, but I had a verbal - no horrible mold, good. One small drywall section to have opened and cleaned up. The rest cleaned and 'encapsulated' Since we just got a $$$ bid on insulating the house, I think I'll get someone to take a look at the drywall, and I'll do the rest. A/C will have to wait until spring... that's OK. The dehumidifier upstairs actually shut itself off briefly! Woohoo! Finally getting dried out here...

Be well all - I will check in as I can this weekend.

Comment

20181013_151325.jpg

20181013_150553.jpg

20181013_151322.jpg

Hiya all well I'm doing this on the tablet .been pretty busy this morning. .just managed to get the rabbits of for a little while and yes I've had them together..bit wary of each other, but bearing in mind the little time they have been together. .they are doing well will be on after my so will do a bit more after..hope you are all well
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...looked at the first picture and thought YAY, he's got them together. Just to be clear Bonnie has the darker patches, right? Slow and steady but it looks like they'll get along. I remember when Panda arrived. Looks like a nice day there as well. We're overcast and the few flakes we had this morning moved on. Temps rising starting tomorrow so plan on getting outdoors as often as possible before you know what.

Tgirl...glad to hear no signs of "horrible" mold. Sounds like the situation is manageable. Good plan on contracting the drywall, maybe Pi is available. And the dehumidifier turned off, wow, things are definitely going in the right direction. You have a safe weekend and we'll see you when we see you.

Lav...what's up with the allergist deciding to wait! That just plain sucks! You can order pizza where you live? That was one of the things I missed living on the ranch. Like Tgirl said at least you're getting lots of g/kid time. DIL is a real piece of work but I know first hand what Bipolar does to people. Anxiously awaiting your report on the craft fair and hoping it is a dry day for you. I'm sure the g/kids would rather be there with you and you're right, it is no big deal. Take it as it comes. Can't remember the last time I had velveeta cheese so I blame it on the appearance of Rotel. Been seeing a lot about a low fobmap diet. I'm wondering what that is all about. My colonoscopy doctor says I'm not getting enough fiber. I have poor eating habits and wonder if supplements would help.

Pauly...assuming you're already at work and hope you have a good day.

Sam...been thinking of you. Hope all is well with you.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a Super Sober Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ...smee back again...just been to get a new telly ...will be here on Monday ..its 55 inch all singing all dancing doesnt make you a brew tho...we are in the middle of storm Callum ...at the moment the rain haseased ...but the winds are really strong ..ppqpq ...in pic 2 Bonnie is on the right ...Jeeves is black n white ..bonnie is a grey and white..

oh yep tonight is a slob out for me ..pizza and chips ..!!

hiya tree enjoy the big city ..storm still goes on ...Jeeves didnt bother ,Bonnie was curious thats all..Jeeves is more curious about her ...she is a bit nervy ..hence slowly slowly

hiya Lav ,you ok? I hope so ...wow DIL on a spiritual retreat? I used to go on them ...well sort of ...mine consisted of going to the off licence getting spirits and retreat till empty..hope your day is ok ...

hiya Det that was a cracking pic mate....pretty nifty with the camera ..

hiya sk ...howsyou ...?hope all is well with you ...oh and the katz....

Do twins ever realise that one of them was unplanned?

They seem to take those psychics that help the police a bit more seriously these days.
                      I've just been jailed for a robbery I committed next year.

I always feel rather sad when I see a lonely old person stood at a bus stop in the cold and rain!...until I remember how the gits drive!

A religious man’s dog dies, thinking he’ll do right thing for his poor departed dog he attends chapel to see the priest.

“Father could you oblige me, I’ve never asked for anything from the church but if you could I’d like to have a funeral service for my dog”. Inquired the man.

“No I’m sorry” Said the clergyman. “We certainly can’t be doing any sort of service for a dog, it’s preposterous, I’m sorry it’s out of the question”.

“I’ll just have to take the ten thousand pounds and donate it to the pet shelter instead”. Confessed the man.

“Ten thousand pounds!” Exclaimed the priest.
                      “You didn’t say your dog was a Roman Catholic”.

My wife and family have expressed their concern for my mental health, worrying that I’m losing grip on reality. They said I’ve been spending an exorbitant amount of time online, playing games.

I decided to do something to appease their worries, so I went outside for a walk.

I didn’t last long though it was raining, cold and the graphics were sht.

Comment

Hi, Lav, I think DIL has an eating disorder as well as BP. Some retreats are just that "retreating from life". Glad you had g/kids.

Pauly, good luck with allergies.

It s 62 and thundering, coolest it's been since early spring. I managed to make a fist (slowly) this a.m. yay!

Cyn, seems like you did all the appropriate things and it is working.

I haven't eaten rotel for years - eat more fibre.

Mick, love the bunny stories, you old softie.

Mi 's favourite spot ison my lap. Sometimes gets jealous. they play and fight Fun to watch!
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening friends,

Exhausted but happy after a successful day
                          We set up our tables under a very cloudy sky & yet the rain came down hard about halfway through the fair. Thank goodness we were able to shove everything under the canopy we set up so nothing was ruined. I sold $255 worth of stuff today, yay!
                          My oldest grandson went along with us & developed a nice little sales pitch - he's not shy, haha! I was handed an invitation to do a Christmas in July show near there. That was nice so I will put that on my calendar. It's an inside show, AC & everything so no weather worries for that one.

Mick, your weather seems to be as goofy as mine. What's up with that?
                          It sounds like the bunnies have a plan

PQ, even though we live in a farming community there is actually a pizza/sandwich place no more than a mile away. Funny, it's the only food business in the whole township. I can't eat anything from there anymore but it's easy to call & pick up a pizza when needed.
                          About the fiber in your diet - here's a little help: Increase Fiber in Your Diet - 1 Simple Tips to Get More Fiber
                          There's no fiber in meat or dairy products, you have to turn to fruits, veggies, grains & beans.
                          It's importantto increase your fiber intake slowly & be sure to drink plenty of H20. If all else fails you an always go the drug store & buy a product like Benefiber.
                          You'll keep your gut happy & your arteries clear

Pauly, how was your day?

Cyn, glad you don't have any monster mold in your house, ugh. Getting everything fixed one step at a time makes it doable, for sure.
                          The sun came out this afternoon as were packing up to leave the craft fair. Did you see any sun today?

SK, my DIL uses any excuse at this point to avoid mothering her own children. I am just grateful that my son is as good as he is with the boys & that I can stand in when he's at work.
                          The boys have always liked coming here & have verbalized it a lot lately.
                          She's going to eta herself into a coma at some point, no kidding. It's sad but it can change, if she wants it to change, right?
                          Now that you can make a fist please don't go & punch anyone, OK? LOL

Det, what are you up to today?

Should be a good night for sleeping, nice & cool now.
                          Have a nice nigh everyone!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all, I read something last night about what they put in cat food because I always focus on their nutrition and it tis disgusting. I used to cook Peggy's chicken, but it was too rich. Anyway they had carrots and cooked chicken tonight an lalctose free milk.

Someone mentioned turmeric this week with the cumerin, gaba, l-tyrosuine and l-theanine Something is working for me. But when you put thm all in at once, you don't know which. is helping but most of them

seems to b e in the amino acid powder available through MWO.
                            Last edited by SKendall; October 15, 2018, 06:39 PM.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                            X