No announcement yet.

14th of the month before November...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 14th of the month before November...

Mae everybody,bunnies look good Mick I like how they have lots of room to run around,turning cold here(for me) especially the mornings,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ahoyo ABeroooos!

Mick, great to hear the fence is down, that's superb. Tomatoes yes, leaves no. noted. (I feed bunbun sometimes)

well, just done making Italian bruschetta for the family and it was a hit. I need help eating the sourdough or I'll eat too
      much of it! so, toasted bread, olive oil, Greek olive tapenade, cherry tomatoes sliced and finally wafer thin shaved pecorino
      Romano cheese. oh my.

Pauly, yes the turn in weather is fab! so happy that I got bike lights so I can ride and night and not get killed so quickly. ack.

PPQ, the amino acid powder is just 'protein powder'. I get the natural one from Jarrow formulations. ... essential aminos
      are what protein is after all, so bada bing. For a therapeutic dose of turmeric curcumin you will need to get a quality curcumin supplement
      as that's how the studies were conducted. You'd have to eat an impossible amount of the powdered Turmeric to try and equal it. It really
      does have some impressive health benefits.

was up til 2:30am working on my CH7 filing stuff. oh goody. really does keep me up at night. can't wait to get this over with.

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Chilly again, nice
        No rain, just clear skies & some sun today.

Mick, you have a regular bunny playland there, ha ha! They should be very happy with their space.
        I don't know what it is but all of us in this family seem to have ended up in jobs where you deal with humanity not in their finest hours - if you know what I mean. It just seems to be something we are driven to but not without paying the price at some point. Burnout, depression, injuries on duty are all real possibilities. It bothers me that my son faces these disasters so frequently but it is his choice.

Pauly, feeling cold out your way too? Must be a nice break

Det, your bruschetta sounds delicious, yum. I hope to be able to taste things like that again.
        Do you have anyone helping you with your filing? I remember my BIL going thru that decades ago, it wasn't easy.
        I hope you catch up on your sleep.

PQ, we use a lot of supplements in this house & I like to try to buy good ones. A company called 'Stop Aging Now' makes decent supps, I use their B12 spray. Here's their turmeric:
        Curcumin2K® Curcumin with Black Pepper | Standardized Curcumin Supplement | Curcumin with Piperine
        Apparently the black pepper is needed for proper absorption. People are giving this product good reviews & I can say YB is not moaning about his wrist pain anymore after a few weeks on the product.

Hello to Cyn & SK, Hope everyone is OK.

Have a nice night everyone.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

ugh, yawn. Happy sleepy whatever day this is ABerooos!

yep, up all night fretting over ch7 filing. I'm getting some progress though, found a helpful website so trudging through it.

Lav, you are correctamundo on the piperine being needed for proper curcumin absorption, I'd totally forgotten that.

ah, fish in the newspaper... brings back great memories indeed. I'd avoid the glossy color adverts I think.

my darned Sicilian olive oil still hasn't shown up yet .... pacing back and forth....

SK, got tech issues sorted?

Mick, bunnies are looking fantabulous! still quite jealous of their happy yard area.

no photos just recently, mired in paperwork at the moment.

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...let's see, we went from Winter to Summer to Winter and now we're back to Summer. Glorious day today and even better tomorrow. You are right though, it will be nice to get everything cleaned up before Winter returns. So sorry to hear about the fire and the losses. I hope your son has plenty of support to lean on, that's got to be tough.

Mick...glad to hear the rabbits are getting along, sounds like things are working out. Jeeves may take awhile to forgive Bonnie for trying to move in on him. Good to hear you got the tv sorted and I'm sure the instructions are complicated. Did you actually get a user manual or do you have to go online and download it? Boss and accountant busy getting ready for the year end report so they're pretty much staying out of my way. LOL Gotta say my new strategy "Not my circus, not my monkey." is working well. Lot less stress at work these days.

Pauly...turning cold??? So that would be what 80F? Hope you had a good day.

Det...thanks for the info on turmeric curcumin, I will keep that in mind. There is a Planet Organic store close to work with very knowledgeable staff. Hope you can get to bed earlier tonight, sleep is important.

Not sure what's on the dinner menu tonight but I'm sure I'll find something. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

X-Post...Lav, thanks for the link. Black Pepper eh! If YB has stopped moaning it's got to be good stuff!
            Last edited by porqoui; October 16, 2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then ?all doing good I hope ,..bit rainy today ,rabbits have been in the same hutch,but not on a permanent basis ..theyve been eating together but food is a great leveller...still too early too put them together ..it will be easy to spot da time ...Julie went for a well woman test yesterday ....remember her cholestoral was 6.7 about 4 weeks ago ...? since then she has had one of those drinks actimel? and porridge every morning ...cholestoral yesterday ?3.2 plus no drinking....

right lets get on ...a brew first ..

hiya ppqp ...yep its one of those downloadable set of destructions ...no more big book written in a zillion languages ..so you are having different seasons daily?it was raining 10 mins ago ..now the sun is cracking the flags!!,,great strategy too ...sod the circus!!!

hiya Det hows you then ?you sound good mate....best of luck with the filing too..it seems like you have got it together though .

hiyaLav ...how are you doing?ok hopefully ..Bonnie seems to have a new game of jumping over the yellow pipe ...Jeeves hasnt quite worked it out,but he is following her ..yep I sure know the toll that has to be paid when you work with elements of humanity ,be they bad as people or the scenarios are brutal.thats why we develop twisted senses of yoomer ..! Ihad a look at that curcumin you put up ..looks quite impressive ..

hiya pauly ...yep theyve got tunza room .. how are you doing today?hows work ?has work changed now that one of the witches have gone?hope so ...

hiya sk and treegirl ..hope you are both ok too.

right lets get some jokes up ..

My girlfriend's run off and taken my tractor.

She left me a John Deere letter.

An old man is walking in Amsterdam and passes a hooker standing at her door.
              She asks him: "Granddad, why don't we give it a try?”
              "No girl, that is no longer possible for me” he replies.
              Says the hooker: "Come on, what have we got to lose, we can give it a try!?”
              They both go inside.
              They undress and then he acts like a young man and performs 5 times in a row.
              "Oh my goodness", says the hooker, breathless "and you said that it was no longer possible for you?!”
              Says the old man: “Oh, screwing is still going well, it's the paying for it that is no longer possible..”

Saw a shop that claimed 'We make ANY sandwich in the world'

So I went in and asked for an elephant's tongue sandwich.

They said "Sorry, we can't do that sir"

"Why not?" I said, smugly

They said "We've ran out of bread".

I phoned my local weight watchers asking if they could send someone round.
              “Of course” they said, “We’ve got lots of them.”

"Good things come in small packages". Try telling that to the bomb squad.

"Three men in court after fatal fire"
              What's the point trying them if they're dead?

There are police with arms outside."

"Police with arms? Whatever next - fire fighters with legs?"

BNAG.

That's bang out of order.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...from sunny Calgary. What a day, up to 73F today! Anybody says it's too hot I'm going to slap them!

Mick...good job Julie! That's great news. I remember when my ex's doc wanted him to eat porridge every morning to reduce his cholesterol, which was ok with me till she said you can't use the instant variety. Shit! So every morning I'd get up and make the rolled oats version till I found out he'd stop at McDonald's on the drive into work. That was the end of that! I'm so glad things are going so well with Bonnie and Jeeves. Easy day at work, early morning board meeting then the boss said he had meeting out of the building, program coord announced she was working from home and promptly left, so I played bridge all day. LOL We're blowing out the irrigation system tomorrow and then I'm staying after work to help take down the coolaroo and put everything else away.

Pauly...it's ribs, rice and salad for dinner tonight. What about you?

Shout out to the rest of us, have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Enjoyin the chill in the air, ha ha!
                  PQ, it only went to 60 here today so you win the warmth contest, lol

Mick, we really do need to keep our sense of humor going even long after leaving those service jobs, right? I can't seem to forget some of the stuff I've seen over the years.
                  Glad your bunnies are getting along & moving forward. Yesterday I saw a big fat groundhog go under the chicken house where ?? bunny rabbits live. I guess there's enough space under there for a crowd, ha ha!

Det, I hope you made some progress on your filing. You'll be glad when it's done, that's for sure.

PQ, during the colder months I use a small crockpot & cook steel cut oats overnight so it's ready for you when you wake up. Or, you can make a big batch in a big crockpot & just reheat a portion each day (have done that too). Glad you had some time to yourself.

Pauly & SK, what's up with you two?

Well, I have a lunch date tomorrow with two old work friends. At least I had a chance to get a haircut today so I'm not so sloppy looking.
                  Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....up early this morning and would get the coffee brewing but I'm out! :sad: So will be heading out soon to rectify that. Have a great day and I'll check in later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,no not 80's haha but close,I think 70 something but you know I'm a heat freak and love it hot so this feels like Alaska to me really not much going on here with me,tonight will be breakfast for dinner,I have some turkey bacon in the freezer that needs to be used+some Belgian waffle mix I'm gonna throw blueberries into,BTW when I make oatmeal I just use the regular oats and nuke them for a minute and a half and they're fine,dunno why they even make those "instant" oats when the regular cooks in the same time,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya folks ,not been on today ,got anew router and set box fitted today..at the same time ,my brother has been in hosp for an operation ..Ive just heard ..the surgeon seems please with how it went ,,they think they have cut it all out ,and taken biopsies to areas that it could have spread to..so that kinda tells you what it was about ..he is in there and maybe released over the weekend ..
                        Ill be back on in the morning .
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Sorry to hear Mick. I hope your bro will be ok. Always appreciate your jokes.

Where's Sam? Big waves to evabody!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

thanks G fella ..just for you mate...

I called my boss this morning and said, "I'm not coming into work today."

"Why not?" he asked.

I said, "My wife is throwing up in bed and she hasn't ironed my uniform."

"That's no excuse," he shouted.

I said, "I know, but try telling her that."

My wife just asked if she looked good in her new dress and she did.
                            But I paused to long...
                            please send an ambulance

What’s worse than ants in your pants?
                            Uncles.

Bought a tiger loaf from tesco, made a chicken salad sandwich, 2 mins later there was only salad in it .

The bstard bread had eaten all the chicken.

I saw a great Billy Idol tribute act last night called William Lethargic

My friend from Norfolk introduced his wife and sister to me. Unfortunately there was only one woman stood there.

Why doesn't Theresa May fck off and leave Arsene Wenger to sort out Brexit?

Every season, for 20 years, he succeeded in getting Arsenal out of Europe in just 180 minutes.

Pansexual? I have never been sexually attracted to pans, but I did think that the stove was hot

Comment

Hope your brother is ok Mick

Comment

Hey all -

G-man, how nice to see your post.

Sorry to be away. I tried to post last night, and woke up in the middle of the night with my pad in the bed and helooooooooooooo on the post - I fell asleep!

Working hard and long here - sending lots of love and light to all --

Be well in the Friday to come ---

Comment

Working...
                                X