Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 18th Nov

Good evening friends,

On my own this evening & that's just fine. I have been chopping, dicing & slicing veggies to get a head start on T day dinner. Baked a dairy free pumpkin cake & iced it with spiced dairy free buttercream frosting, yum
    YB & son are back in our old hometown enjoying the annual fire company dinner which is actually held at a nice place with real food, ha ha!

Mick, you get better commercials than we do, Lol
    Loved the 'coughing cow' joke too!
    Have fun upgrading your trains - sounds pretty cool.

Det, the supplement list sounds interesting. Be sure to let us know how you do with all that.
    Yep, I designed the kitchen in this house so I made sure to include two ovens. Just makes cooking for a crowd that much easier.

Cyn, wow - your are in overdrive!!
    I hope everything works out with your car & you get caught up with your 'to do' list
    Is SD coming to your house for Thanksgiving?

Sam, we have been promised rain - not snow in the coming days. Not sure how that's going work because it's supposed to be very cold. Who knows?
    I hope you enjoy some tune time with your brother.

SK, my granddaughter has announced she is going to sign up for the next play - I think she's hooked, ha ha!
    My dog seems to be under the weather the last few days. I hope it's something viral & goes away on it's own.

PQ, I hope the Xmas lunch was good
    Most people make beef barley soup. I haven't used red meat for many years so I make it with turkey or chicken, still very good & I add lots of carrots, ha ha!

Well, I hope everyone has a decent night!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all how are we today then? good hopefully ..unfortunately the guy who was coming up to do the trains couldnt ...someone phoned in sick..no problem did some work on the layout instead ..Ive got to fix the rain cover on the rabbit hutch ..will be done today.so lets have a brew ..

hiya Lav how are you then All well in Lavland?hope things are ok with doggie ...I know how you feel.So the next Audrey Hepburn in the making eh?good for her...getting prepped for thanx giving? try this ...you can use chicken instead of the sausage ..its lovely

Lecso – Hungarian Pepper Stew | Julie's Kitchen Adventures

oh and as for the adverts...

its stephen fry trying to do an American accent

Even Santa Poops - PooPourri.com - YouTube

hiya sk how are you today then? hope all is well with you..how is Misty?any change ?hope she is ok.

ppqp..freed up about 50%of real estate in my mind!like it ...get it done ...thats the ethos.....I definitely subscribe to that now ,again reinforced pretty recently. yes the chips arent the big hoppers full of them ...they are the sound cards and remote units

have a look at this ...apart from the people yapping you can hear the sound of the engines..its quite long so just quick flick

AMAZING Model RAILWAY Layouts COMPILATION [UltraHD & 4K] - YouTube how are you today then ? hows the we re busy doing nothing gang ...?

hi Sam ...hows you then? yep rain here today mate ..when is your brother coming over for a jamming sesh?

hiya pauly det teegee hopeyou are all ok ...

When I die I want to be buried with some bronze arrowheads and my car keys, just to piss archaeologists off years from now.

You know you're a loser when you try and sell your soul to Satan and he tells you to try Cash Generator.

Sometimes you just cant win

i thought i would be a gentleman and hold the door open for a young lady

2 mins later she said

" will you Fck off i am trying to have a poo"

A Doctor recently had a patient "drop" in on him for an unscheduled appointment.
      "What can I do for you today?" the Doctor asked.
      The aged Gentleman replied: "Doctor, you must help me. Every time I make love to my wife, my eyes get all bleary, my legs go weak, I can hardly catch my breath.... Doctor, I'm scarred!"

The Doctor, looking at his 86 year old patient, said: "Mr. Smith, these sensations tend to happen over time, especially to a man of your advanced years, but tell me, when did you first notice these symptoms?"
      The old gent's response was: "Well... three times last night, and twice again this morning!"

Billy has 5 albums by Morrissey and he buys 2 more, what does Billy have?

Depression, Billy has depression.

My Grandad always said, “as one door closes, another opens”,
      Lovely man, terrible cabinet maker.

When I left school for a brief period i used to sell security alarms door to door, and I was really quite good at it. If no one was home, I would leave a brochure on their kitchen table.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...."When I die I want to be buried with some bronze arrowheads and my car keys, just to piss archaeologists off years from now." :rotlf: Or confuse the hell out of a future Mick! The we r busy doing nothing gang were on a roll yesterday. Pro-coord drew pictures of Xmas trees from 7:30 - 10:00, went to a meeting where they dissolved an incentive the previous boss took 2 years to put in place, returned at 12:30 where she paced the hallway till 2:00 and then left. Let's not put the new programs in the schedule so I know what rooms and dates I have available for renters/events. Just have to shake my head. It's my turn for the employee review this morning so going in early to complete the questionnaire I was given. Haven't had time as I felt solving the issue of signing children in/out at lunch time to comply with provincial licensing was more important. Patting myself on the back as I accomplished this late yesterday. Have to wrap my mind around the fact that this review is about my performance and not a bitch session for all the crap going on.

Shout out to the gang, will check back tonight.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,sounds like a p.o.a! Waves yo all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

drew xmas trees 7.30 -10.00....what did she draw ? a bleedin rainforest??
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

heya ABpeeps near and far!

Mick, that's a fancy train set. One I had when I was a kiddo was really simple. And stopped dead when some tinsel accidentally shorted-out across the tracks. oops.

Making plans for Tgiving dinner here with family which will be nice.

Treegirl, what an ordeal you've had, nice to hear yer back and hopefully resting up.

PPQ, job is still a big '?'. ack! making efforts to not stress out about it as I wait. I did poke them for an answer this morn
              and still no answer. ommmmm ommmmmm. Glad to see you have the emotional intelligence to administer a self-pat on the back.
              That's important.

Mick, did you make it out detecting?

brain and health supp's are doing fine so far. I don't feel like a superhero just yet but I'm waiting....

one of my fav doc's Rhonda Patrick on why green leafy veggies are critical for so many things: Sulforaphane and Its Effects on Cancer, Mortality, Aging, Brain and Behavior, Heart Disease & More - YouTube

Had a big bowl of mixed radish microgreens this morn. yummo. Now to plant a new batch of broccoli

well, I shall report back when i find out whassup with da job.

b well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I spent my day in the Kitchen to make tomorrow's day in the kitchen a little less insane, ha ha!!!!
                Chilly, mostly cloudy with a few peaks of sun - typical weather for us this time of year.

Mick, I'm sure as sh*t never going to leave cookies & milk for Santa again - LOL!!! That really was funny.
                Sorry your train guy didn't make it today. I hope you have your bunnies secured for wet weather. My actress granddaughter & her parents are coming here for dinner tomorrow

Det, keeping my fingers crossed & hope you hear about that job soon. In the meantime, show your family how to make a super garlicky turkey.

PQ, there is always someone at work who does the minimal amount of work but gets her paycheck every two weeks like everyone else. It always pissed me off too but it's better to ignore them than to make a big stink. I had a habit of choosing the path of least resistance, like you

Hi there Pauly, Sam, SK & Cyn! I hope everyone is OK.

Wishing everyone a nice night & a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow if you are celebrating!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

SK...is Misty doing any better? Had a great day yesterday with lots of free eats.

Pauly...I actually had to google P.O.A. and came up with Power of Attorney till I checked with Urban Dictionary and got Plan Of Attack. LOL Hope you had a good day.

Mick...and now you know how appropriate your "Busy doing nothing" song was!

Det...thanks for your Emotional Intelligence comment, I don't do enough of it. As far as the job goes I know it's hard to sit and wait but from the other side employers really don't like that "poke" after an interview. Better to just be patient in my opinion.

Lav...I always felt if you could get away with doing nothing and still get paid for it, go for it, as long as I'm not paying you. The issue is she does nothing all day then puts in for overtime while getting her hubby to do the computer work and gets paid for it. Of course none of us should know this but the accountant/bookkeeper keeps us well informed. Makes me wonder what personal information she shares about me. Sounds like you have Thanksgiving well under control and it's great you're having the rising star and family over.

Performance review went swimmingly. (I've often wonder what that statement meant? LOL) Didn't have to pat myself on the back this time Det, boss did it for me. Did manage to work the frustration/angst and overall bitchiness into the review and we had a great discussion of the overall workplace. I'm glad I got it on the table, without outing the accountant, and feel positive about his response and appreciation of letting him know. His parting comment was he has board approval for pay raises and bonuses and I'll be getting mine next week. All in all came away with I know where I stand and the I love my job feeling is back. YAY!

Have a peaceful night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

and good morning all..Happy Thanksgiving .how are we today then ? good I hope ...the rasbbitz are out playing in the frost ,everywhere has got a white out ..and guess what ?I started sanding down the kitchen worktops today ..Ive got about 6 layers of danish oil and stain and varnish to come off..so thats got to be scraped off first ..then its dust everywhere ....think the train man might be up today ..if not .then we shall see.I think its time for a brew

hiya Lav....so Santas dipped for milk and cookies at your place now?you wouldnt believe some of the adverts...they are better than some of the telly programmes..here you go...some of these are hilarious..I take it today is a busy one...hows the dawg btw?

Top 10 Funniest Christmas Commercials Ever Made! (Cute Hilarious Christmas Adverts 2018) - YouTube

hiya pauly ...you ok ?happy fanxgiving to you ..hope you have a good day

hiya det ...best with the job to you matey ,have a decent day ..you and da rabbit....stay positive.

hiya Sam hope you have a good day today ..take a rest from lumberjacking and jotting about in the woodz

hiya ppqp how are you then today? isnt it weird ...you celebrate thanksgiving ...Martin Frobisher an explorer landed in Hudson Bay, in America ,the the Piligrims landed from Britain..sooo youse all get holidays and what do we get?absolutely nowt!no holiday ,silly hats turkey ,nish ...anyways hope you have a good day too ..

right folks have a good holiday...in the meantime Ill keep the treadmill turning ...sigh ...

When a department store santa loses his job does he get the sack ?
                    Do human cannon balls get fired?
                    Do Pirates get told to told to sling their hook's?
                    Do prostitutes get laid off?
                    Do trapeze artists get let go?

Just seen a sign "Turkey £29" in the butchers window...

...That's £300 cheaper than Thomas Cook.

I met a girl in the park the other day there was a real spark between us, she immediately dropped to the floor and laid on the grass at my feet.

As we lay making love i thought these Taser guns are well worth the money

I saw one of those super lamb banana sculptures like they have all over liverpool.
                    Anyway as I got closer I realised it was just a tramp high on spice wearing a yellow anorak, on all fours with a banana stuck up his arse .

"You treat me like a dog," said my wife, "we need to sit and talk about it."

"Ok," I replied," but not on the couch."

I've just seen that Queen film, Bohemian Rhapsody.
                    I can't decide whether it was real life or just fantasy.

I asked the tyrannosaurus at the other table how he wanted his steak.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWW, he said.

"People say I look fat or pregnant...I don't let them get to me"
                    That's the right attitude, David.

Comment

Hi TG here ( love that.)

Wishing our American friends a happy Thanksgiving! and Mick, well, to be fair, Americans should really be supporting the Native American population today... they were the big losers when The Immigrants arrived. I look around at the beautiful place where I live, and try to imagine it without roads and fences... what a paradise it was.

About my work - Gosh all, as Lav and Pauly can tell you, my life is complicated... no big deal, it just is the way it is. HB and I are working on a plan to simplify, (which may require us selling our house; not-so-simple in the meantime!). So no worries about my crazy work schedule -- I just have to jam it in between lots of other obligations.

Lav - it's the first T-giving in 20 years that I am not making the entire feast!!! And Step-Daughter is having her holiday with a friend in her CA apartment - no emotional entanglements, woo-hoo! I feel like I've gotten a Getoutofjailforfree card! (Sorry all - some day I will explain all this history.) Anyway, a happy TG today. We have invited some friends over for a full feast tomorrow, but that's OK... somehow the pressure is off...

Det, I will check out that doc - I put microgreens in my morning smoothies - good to have more nutrition info, always. Thanks.

Pauly, what's cooking for your holiday?

Sam, have you had your brotherly music jam?

Mick, good luck with that refinishing job... sounds like a lot of work. Hello to the bunnies.

PPQ, CONGRATS on the great job review and raise! So happy to hear your spirits are lifted about your work place.

SK , I hope Misty is doing better - now you've got me worried. I hope your time with DD and Viv is good today.

Hello to anyone I missed - I'm having trouble concentrating, as my husband is insisting on reading articles to me about Africa - he wants to go for a 75th bday trip (planning a couple of years ahead of time). Patience is not a word in his vocabulary!!!

Take care all, for a good day. Cheers!

Comment

Mae everybody,and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate Cyn,glad you don't have to do all the cooking today,yeah! PQ,I meant to type P.I.A(pain in the ass!) Sorry for the confusion but I was heading to the store early before work so I posted in a rush,Lav,I gotta look back at the recipe,I seen it but didn't enlarge it,,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Mick, the video looks really exciting. How many guys were transfixed.

Det, are these nootropics? I will put a pan in front of the door, so I wil remember.

Hi pauly.

Lav, my stomach dropped when I heard your dog was under the weather, memories of `Peggy, i guess. Misty is doing better, ie sitting on my lap, but has swollen eyes and runny nose. Iloveit

I've taken up Ikebana again {Japanese flower arranging] I love the simplicity of it.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

I thought I had posted today's thread already.

Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

I am thankful for the love and support of this thread.
                            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanksgiving is done - turned out nice
                              I am tired but so appreciative that I can still pull off a performance like this. My poor mother was sick & unable to do these things at this age so I am grateful even if I am totally exhausted. The dinner guests were pleasant & one of them was especially bubbly, ha ha!! My granddaughter is one happy kid, I hope she stays like that forever.

Mick, sanding anything in the house is messy, especially the kitchen. Good luck with that job.
                              Frosty here too, never went above freezing all day.
                              Love your commercials & TV in general - way less boring than what we get here, ha ha!

PQ, congrats on the good performance review, nice!
                              I hope you are compensated generously

Pauly, Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

Cyn, good luck with your meal prep tomorrow. Fun (in a way) but tiring at this point.
                              Having Thanksgiving on a Friday or even Saturday was not unusual for us before we both retired, one of us was always working the holiday.
                              Wow, considering a move? Anyway,, enjoy your company tomorrow!

SK, Matilda is OK, I think she may have had a viral issue going on for a few day plus she's been a little extra lame (back leg is arthritic). I think she will be just fine. Glad to hear your Misty is doing better. I hope you are enjoying your Thanksgiving with your granddaughter too

Hello to Sam, Det & everyone.
                              Have a nice night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mornin all ...how are we today then?good I hope ..did you all have a good thanx giving?well today is the sart of the Black Friday sales.so thanks for that America ...not..it goes on thru till cyber Monday ..jeez what a gimmick for getting rid of crap on the cheap!!no rain today out there,so the peskiescare out playing ...Im doing the worktops ..

so before we start lets have a cuppa joe...

hiya Lav hows you then ?so you can still put a good meal together? good for you...I couldnt move my hands yesterday thru scaping varnish off the worktops ...Julie likes the natual oak ..so I need to make sure the wood is immaculate .yes there is tons of dust everywhere ..Henry the hoover is on overtime.hope Matilda is ok..

hiya SK ...how are you today then? hope all is well ..hows the ikebana doing?have you got any pictures of what you do?

hiya pauly ..well did you have a good fanxgiving?I hope so.

hiya ppqp ..how are you then? did you have a decent thanksgiving? whats the weather like there? guess what its sunny here !!yeehah ..are you back at work today?

hiya teegee ...hows you then? good I hope ..South Africa is on my list too...dont know when tho ...its Sri lanka next year and back to Florida the year after ,then Machu Pichu so looks like Im gonna have to live till Im 200..Yes its a fair bit of work to get the kitchen done but it weill be good when its finished..

hiya sam pie ,and everyone else... hope you have a great weekend

Telephone rings, woman answers.

Pervert, breathing heavily, says,

"I bet you have a tight ass with no hair?"

Woman replies, "Yes, I have,

He's watching the football ... Who shall I say is calling?"

I was approached by a guy selling tickets for an open air classical music concert, a perfomance of holst's planet suite under the stars, with all funds going to a charity that helps the homeless .
                                He didnt seem to find it ironic that a load of toffs would be paying a considerable wedge of cash, to sit outside for the evening to help a load of people who will also be sat outside for the evening .

I told all my family I had won the lottery and would take them all out for a drink,

"I don't drink, can we go to Costa Coffee, " said my daughter-in-law. "

"You can fck off, " I replied, "I only won two million. "

Woke up this morning and saw this brown thing running around my garden.

Turns out it was the fence.

I was watching a documentary about circumcision last night, but it got cut off at the end

BREAKING NEWS;
                                Police are on the lookout for a man going around dipping his testicles into people's Christmas Glitter.....
                                Apparently he's ..."Pretty Nuts"....!!!

eBay is so useless. I tried to look up lighters and all they had was 13,749 matches.

My idiot of a son has swapped our cow for some magic beans. I've got to offload them to some gullible mjug or we're ruined.

Does anyone have Theresa May's phone number?.

Comment

Working...
                                X