18th Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 18th Nov

Mae everybody,cute jokes Mick,wow you two really plan your holidays in advance! Thanksgiving was ok,first turkey took forever to cook! I usually always cook two small ones but hubs wouldn't eat the first one cuz Jenny-o had a recall on ground turkey and he was paranoid so bought a butterball for the family,I ate it and I feel fine waves to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!
    Last edited by paulywogg; November 23, 2018, 09:04 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...long day yesterday ending with the Annual General Meeting so by the time I got home it was lights out. Thanks for all the congrats yesterday I'm feeling much more positive about my job these days. The President of the Board introduced me as the Assistant General Manager last night, wonder if a job title change will be part of the raise?

Mick...so did the train guy show up or are you still stuck with doing manual labour? Thanksgiving was done and dusted early October. LOL One of the bridge clubs is having it's Xmas dinner tonight so it's going to be another late night for me. Think I'll book Monday off!

TG...isn't it great to finally have a break, especially after 20 years. You probably don't have to explain the history, we've probably all got the same background. No emotional entanglements feels like winning the lottery.

Pauly...P.I.A. makes sense now. Two smaller turkeys sounds like a future plan for me. All the turkeys are so huge I find there's a lot of waste. Lots of recalls happening and the big one Romaine Lettuce! Even though the warnings are out in the east all our grocery stores in the west pulled the product.

SK...glad to hear Misty is doing better. I am grateful for this thread as well and thrilled that all the newcomers have decided to stay. You never know how much an insignificant post can change your outlook on a problem you're currently dealing with.

Lav...first time ever I had no concerns/worries about having my review. LOL I know what I've been doing and it's appreciated that others recognize it. Glad Matilda is ok, sounds like me, a little viral thingy and arthritis acting up, growing old is harder than it looks.

Sam, Det hope all is good in your worlds.

Going to be a really quiet day as Childcare is closed today. Will need to keep up my energy for food and cards tonight. Well, I've procrastinated long enough, time to start adulting.

Have a Fabulous Friday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all ABerooos!

we aren't doing the official oink-fest 'til tomorrow but we've been cooking and eating like mad anyway

actually made it to a movie last night for the first time in eons. Robin Hood was good fun.

gotta make it a quickie here.... turkey to brine, things to get at the store and I have to fit world peace into it somehow.

Sounds like all had lovely times and not even food poisoning wow

be well loves
        Last edited by Determinator; November 23, 2018, 01:55 PM.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Happy belated Thanksgiving to all - let me add my voice to the Thankful for this thread!

Nice to hear from all what your days have been like. Our Thanksgiving evening with friends was very special - we are close, but have not seen each other for a long time. Today I started early, as it turned out these particular friends had to be back home (an hour away) by 3 pm. So I managed to get a whole feast together by 12:30, whew. It was so nice to be done with everything early in the day! These folks are very dear friends, and have fallen on hard times, so it was a privilege to host them.

Spent Thanksgiving day doing house projects (for 4 hands since HB was home) - like putting up curtain rods that we've had for 2 years! So nice to be getting these projects done. Because of the change in tax laws, we may need to move sooner than later, so we are trying to work ahead of the curve.

Glad to hear that pets are healing, things are getting sanded, jobs are happier, turkeys were safe, families are getting together and looking forward to more feasting... and everything good for all!

Cheers -

Comment

Greetings friends,

Really feeling the cold here today - Brrrrrrrrrr!!
            It hasn't been above freezing but they're calling for rain tomorrow. We'll see what we get ha ha!!!

Mick, I just can't work like that with my hands anymore. Better you than me friend
            Matilda is doing better today, less limping/hopping on 3 legs & she ate her food without any issues.
            I didn't mention yesterday but our dear old friend in the VA hospital passed away quietly. Yesterday also happened to be his son's birthday, ugh. Now the big concern is what to do to help the widow. She really can't live alone, she's nearly blind & has mobility issues (uses a cane). At 86 she really needs a comfy room somewhere & let someone else do all the heavy work. Getting old is not for sissies, that's for sure.

Pauly, that was pretty crummy to announce those food recalls so close to the holiday. IF you cook your turkey well, to the right temperature it should be safe. Unfortunately the same does not apply to romaine unless you boil it or something, ha ha! Glad everyone was safe

PQ, I am watching my son's golden retriever right now because they had to go out of town. Maggie is twice Matilda's age & is twice as flexible. Maggie can jump off the deck a dozen times per day & have no problem. Matilda jumps once & is limping for weeks. We're all just different.
            Glad you had a good day, hope your weekend rocks too!

Cyn, glad to hear that your friends had a good holiday with you!
            Getting caught up with four handed chores is a good thing but I hope you're not feeling too pressured :hug:
            I don't know where we're going to end up tax-wise either. Lots of deep breaths!

Det, enjoy your Saturday oink fest, sounds nice in a piggy sort of way

Hello to Sam, hope you are OK. Hello to SK too!

Have a nice night everyone!
            Lav
            Last edited by Lavande; November 23, 2018, 08:01 PM.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I had the most wonderful Thanksgiving. Love,laghter and good food.

Vivian was in a crying mood (tired) but she got her 2nd wind by laughing. We all contributed with stories of her funny old behaviour when much younger, haven't seen dd like this for a long time and it was joyous.

I did do some Black Friday shopping, but online for clothes - myself and Vivian. Got some Clark shoes a 1/2 price at Macy's because my metal foot is 7-1/2 wide and other foot is 9B I have to go with brands that offer W and put foam insoles in 7-1/2
              and fun things for Vivian at Hanna Anderssen. No gadgets. I do need a new suitcase and the Travelpro was a good deal, but haven't bought it yet.

I am very thankful.
              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then?anyone spend up on the black Friday sales?I was thrifty...tight ass ..is possibly another phrase to use ..nice and sunny outside today ,but it is really windy and dusty...It is dusty inside too ..Im sanding the work surfaces down ...some of them are really fiddly ...ok lets have a brew..

hiya sk...how are you today then?so you succumbed to the b/f sales eh?the suitcase sounds a great bargain(especially that you aint bought it!)so what have you got planned over the weekend? anything ? hope its a good one whatever..

hiya Lav ,hope your friend is at peace ,bless him ,as you say its help for his wife thats needed now ,So Maggies older than Matilda and a more sprightly? just shows you ..age aint everything...my hands are aching with doing all the fiddly scraping on the worktop ..Ivejust watched about 6 young pheasants come up to our back fence ..the word def gets out that Im a soft touch for feeding animals ..hope you have a decent weekend .

hiya teegee...hows you then? busy by the sounds of it ..bless you for helping your friends out ..Im away over xmas for my jollidays ,but have a friend who is homeless ,i always try to make sure he has a place in a hostel for xmas week..he will have again this year.hope things ework out ok for you with the tax laws ..

hiya det ...how are you today then? good I hope .hows the wabbit?which Robin Hood film was it you saw ..?the new one Tara Egerton/Jamie Fox?hope your weekend is a good one..for both of you..

hia assistant general manager you well today? glad you are more enthused with your job ...hope the raise is forthcoming...no train guy never came up ,,still on manual,but did a few more bits and pieces to it ..AChristmas dinner already ...?????wow its almost the middle of summer .......not to worry ...as for monday off ...too right I would you are almost the head honcho now ...

hiya pauly...how are you doing?glad your thanksgiving went ok...despite the toikey issues ..our flowering xmas cactus is in virtually full bloom ...no one has told it that it isnt chrimbo yet!whatcha up to over the weekend?

hiya sam how are you then? is your brother with you on the tunes?hope you have a good weekend.

right folks time for orf..

Video killed the radio star?

Smart phones killed reading the shampoo bottle while taking a sh.t

An Englishman, an Irishman and a scotsman are working at the top of a tall building and the stopped to unpack thier lunch.
                The English looks at his sandwiches and says "For fcksake, cheese and onion sandwiches..for the past twenty years all she has ever made me is fcking cheese and onion sandwiches".
                The Scotsman says "Me too the past twenty years Ham and fucking Mustard".
                The Irishman says "Aar jeezus for twenty years feckin'egg and cress".
                So they make a pact, if they get the same the next day they will commit suicide.
                The following day the Englishman gets the same so he throws himself off the building. The scotsman gets the same and throws himself off the building and the Irishman gets the same and he also throws himself off the building.
                After the funeral the Wives are talking.
                The English wife says" If George wanted a different filling for his sandwiches i would of given something instead of cheese and onion". The scots Wife says " Same here i would of done something different for Jock". The Irish wife says " I don't understand...Paddy always made his own sandwiches".

I finally found the true meaning of Xmas today.

It's for people who can't fcking spell Christmas

Paddy runs into the pub and shouts "Mick, some gets stole your car"
                Mick days "Did you see who did it?"
                Paddy replies "No, but I got the registration number".

Paddy walks into work one day and his mate Sean, noticed that Paddy is wearing one red sock and one green sock.
                “Paddy, what’s going on with your socks?” asked Sean.
                “I’m really stumped,” says Paddy, scratching his head. “I don’t know where they came from. And the strange thing is, there was another pair exactly the same in me sock drawer!”

I hate women who put their makeup on whilst driving. On the way to work this morning a woman crossed three lanes without watching where she was going, ending up in front of me.

I had to brake so hard that my phone landed in my cornflakes which splashed milk all over my newspaper.

I left work after a gruelling day and immediately took the short walk home.

As I opened the front door, my wife threw a fresh mug of coffee at me and was screaming "Who is she?! Who is she?!"

"I came here straight from work you maniac" I informed her.

"Bullshit" she roared. "It took you 10 minutes when Google Maps says it should only take 8"
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...you're sounding good. Enjoy your oink fest today!

TG...well done on pulling off a fantastic feat with the early deadline. For some reason it made me think of that show "Bewitched" and your nose just a twitching. (Won't make any sense if you don't know the show. LOL)

Lav...blessings in disguise but still sad. Don't know how access to supported/assistant care facilities is like in your area but we are pretty fortunate here. Lots of issues to deal with now and I hope the family can sort things out quickly. Didn't do any b/f shopping but just saw a commercial for an instapot on sale for $140 off...sale still on so may have to check it out!

SK...great to hear your thanksgiving dinner was a success. With similar family issues that I'm sure everyone has in one form or another, I learned to really appreciate the good times.

Mick...you can send your Christmas Cactus up here till your Christmas comes. Go figure, plan an Xmas dinner with 30 seniors, weather above freezing not a snowbank, ice patch in sight and by noon yesterday it started snowing and still is, currently at 4 inches. Snowfall warning in effect and the roads were a mess last night. Dinner was excellent and card playing afterwards lots of fun. Forecast is for a chinook rolling in and by Tuesday will be 50F. This is going to be a crazy winter.

Chef prepared lots of leftovers for me to take home so dinner is sorted for tonight. Had a great sleep and feel energized so looking at housework and putting up some Christmas decorations. Hope we all have a Super Sober Saturday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Evening all -

PPQ - ha! Yes, I do remember Bewitched. I was still a little behind when the guests arrived, but was pretty darn ready. They were so touched that I made it all for them (and us) - they thought I was inviting them for leftovers! I have had 2 more turkey dinners since yesterday noon, yum. I am particularly fond of a roasted yam/pear dish, yum I could eat it every day! I even made HB some granola to take back with him to the city, what. Nice girl I am... ha!

Mick, take care of those hands - my wrists are hurting after another gutter cleaning, and raking leaves before the big rain tonight. There's always something, right?

Pauly, glad your meals were yummy and all was well with the turkey. It's probably good that people understand how cautious we have to be about finishing temperatures, etc. Since I worked in restaurants for years, it is burned into my head. Someday the menfolk will trust you!

Det , I hope you are having a good time with family, and feasting is fun. I'm sure your menu is delicious.

Lav, so sorry to hear about your neighbor's passing. And now the dilemma of the mother -- there is an organization called "A Place for Mom" that helps people look for appropriate accommodations... maybe there is one close to them. Good luck. Good news about Matilda!

SK, what a wonderful post! SO happy to hear of your holiday. I'm glad that you stayed the course and are there to reap the benefits of a better relationship - that is very inspiring. I am too tight to shop Black Friday deals -- "tighter than bark on a tree" my brother describes me!

Sam, I hope all is well and life is full of music.

PPQ, wow what a crazy weather pattern -- but so glad the senior Xmas dinner went off well. Congrats again on the job well done.

Well, after being train transport, and more gutter, deck, leaves cleaning up I am fed and will now attend to my business accounts. It feels like the end of the year is rapidly approaching... a wild pony ride!

Wishing all well for a safe and AF Saturday night.

Cheers -

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

It's late but I'm checking in anyway, ha ha!
                      It's raining like crazy & the roads are flooding tonight. I get to keep my retriever guest an extra night
                      We did go out today but just visited local shops, no massive crowds or anything.

Mick, I think the cold & dampness both my hands whether I am doing anything or not. Take it easy!
                      I woke up to the sound of a single gunshot this morning coming from the woods behind my house. I guess some poor deer lost his life. I hate hunting, just saying.
                      I 'd rather see the wildlife share the area but don't like it when they help themselves to my chickens.

SK, I'm really happy to hear you enjoyed your Thanksgiving day
                      Spending holidays with kids always makes the day so special.
                      Good job on the Black Friday shopping!

PQ, nice to get chef prepared leftovers, yay!
                      The senior care scene in the US is difficult. If you have plenty of money then there's no problems & a lot of choices. But if you don't have sufficient funds the only choice is to enter a county run nursing home & they're not really great. Our friend definitely needs assistance but is not ready for a nursing home bed. We have been in discussion with her son about this but it's going to take a while.
                      I did get an Instant Pot from Amazon for my daughter for Christmas. I also got her a few accessories which are not necessary but nice to have. I got hers from Amazon, exactly like mine.
                      Pauly, I know you are dealing with a sudden visit from your Mom. Please don't let her presence derail you!!!!
                      It's your house & your life, you make the decisions there, RIGHT???
                      We are with you, check in & let us know how you are doing.

Cyn, look out for flooding rain, geez. It's one thing or the other with weather anymore.
                      I hope you are peacefully working your way thru your business accounts with no interruptions, haha!

Det, what's happening with you? How about you Sam?

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,just wanna say hello and wish everyone a nice BF Sunday!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiall pretty busy ,something has happened that needs attention ..nothing life threatening but family come first
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                          X