X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 2nd 12th

Greetings Abbers,

Last but not least, right?
    Had a good day. No problems related to the tooth extraction, even went out for lunch with my old work friends.
    Turning colder here again & I think they have decided we're not getting snow this weekend. The storm looks like it's going to stay south of us - where Sam lives.

Mick, your counters look amazing, nice job
    I would hate to mess them up after all that work, ha ha!
    I have absolutely no idea why Trump is still in office but I am hoping we send the last of him very soon. The Mueller investigation seems to be getting red hot. I can't wait!!!

Sam, nice to see you & glad you are enjoying life. Sorry about the snow prediction but I know we will get our fair share here at some point.

Pauly, my first born had 10 days of disgusting diarrhea with each new tooth. I really felt sorry for her & her sore bottom. Never had that problem with my son, he just drooled gallons. Each kid has their own response to teething, ugh.
    Btw - sweet potatoes are healthier than white potatoes. They don't raise your blood sugar like white potatoes.

Pie, hope you got your title straightened out today!

Cyn, enjoy your trip, sounds nice!

Det, I honestly don't know why my teeth are giving me such fits. I get them cleaned twice/year, brush them a couple times every day with the electronic brush they recommended, don't eat much sugar, etc. It has to be age related or something of that nature.
    I grew up just outside Philly & the cheese du jour is called Locatelli which is pecorino romano. My kids always called it 'stinkin cheese' but it does have a strong odor but it's the best. Glad you found it
    No kid watching for me today & that was OK with me.
    I hope you hear something soon from your interview!

PQ, I promise I will try to remember to take some pics tomorrow, LOL
    My STM kinda sucks these days, ha ha!!

Hello to SK, hope you are well.

Have a nice night everyone.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all..how are we today then?are we all doing good I hope .weather over here is up to its usual standard ...lovely warm rain....rabbits are pretty cheesed off.Julies dad has had his assessment ...it isnt good ..part of his dementia is front temporal ..which affects speech and looking after himself ..it is scaled from 0-7 7 being the final..they reckon he is at stage 5..It is pretty hard to see a man of his activity as I remember going downhill like so...Julie is taking it well,but keeps a lot to herself methinks ..what will be will be I guess ..anyway lets have a brewshall we?
      hiya Sam...well did you get the snow?the rumour was we were going to get it,but as yet its the rain...hope you are well friend .

hiya Lav ,how are you today then? hope all is well ..Glad you enjoyed your meal out with your friends ,despite the missing molar!The other oil should be here this morning ..Ive just had a message my drop is no36 on the list ...the driver is currently at drop 15 ..you even get a map to track him ..jeez..so no kid watching again eh?you are getting spoiled!hope you have a good day.

hiya Det ,hows you then ..best of luck with the interview ,when are you going to hear about it? so youve got a goatee ,? you can start a little farm ...just get a couple of pigees and a sheepee and you are sorted!!have a great day mate .

hiya ppqp hows you then? hope all is well ...yes Ive got a few ideas for the rocky railroad as time goes on ..going down to theshop to check the CP out today....and I reckon it can be converted...hows work then?Are things on a chrimbo wind down ? I am ...ha ha /..

hiya tree hows you then? good?where are you off to ? Is long island an overnight stop?I had a look at it ..you wouldnt believe that being so close to noo york there would be beaches ..Im making a big pot of leek n lentil soup today ..I love it ..Julie calls it gruel!..take care

Pie how did the deal go?successful? or is it not done yet? if not ..then the best of luck..yes I love messing about with wood.

hiya pauly hows you then? good I hope ..hows Romeo? Sweet potatoes are better ...and guess what they make good chips..chip em and sprinkle thyme or black pepper or whatever on them ..into the oven ...job done ...

hiya sk how are you then? hope all is well with you .hows the cats doing?

I said to my wife, "Honey, what's the end of this well known phrase? An elephant...never..."
      "Forgets," she said, confidently.

One nil.

How many politicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to keep promising they're going to change it
      99 to argue about how to change it as a delay tactic while they come up with a reason why it would be bad to change it....

The man who invented autocorrect should burn in hello...

Donald Trump gets assassinated and goes to heaven.
      "What are you doing here?" says St. Peter. "You were supposed to go down below".
      "Well," says Trump. "I had a meeting with the devil...great guy...we got on well. We made a deal.. the greatest deal in history..he said I drove a hard bargain and I was the greatest dealer ever...so here I am"

My life's ambition is to be the first ever man with only one leg to successfully climb to the summit of Mt. Everest.

It's a bitch though sitting here and trying to saw it off !

This year we have decide to pull out all the stops and have a traditional English Christmas dinner with all the trimmings. we will be having... Samosa, onion bhaji, poppadom, rogan josh, naan bread, bombay potato, pilau rice, mango burfi and lashings of Lager.

I took my lad to see Father Christmas yesterday and he stank of booze and cigarettes.

God knows what Father Christmas thought of him.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Oh no, Mick! A goatee, a pigee, and a sheeppee?? Det, you're not gonna go there, are you?

I may be an outlier on the jury duty question, but I'm with y'all 100% on need to protect teeth. Lav, it's been just over a year since I increased to cleanings every 3 months. I haven't lost any teeth during that time, so going to stay with it.

The folks I met with yesterday really are trying to solve the title problem. Think we'll know within a few days if it's even possible.

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick that's sad to read about Julie's dad hope she's dealing with it ok,so sad to see our older loved ones decline in health,waves to all and wishes for a wonderful BF Wednesday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey diddly doodley ABeroooonies!

getting a tad chilly here in Vegas which is A OK by me. Makes sleep so much nicer. getting up to pee not so much.

Lav, the sad thing about carbs in general and grain in particular is they begin to metabolize into sugar in seconds as they interact with
            the amylase enzymes in our saliva. I'd brush teeth after oatmeal etc and see how that goes?

PPQ, 2 weeks off is golden! big plans? ski trip?

Mick, that's not good news at all. I don't recall the pathology he's suffering from.

My main reason for going keto isn't the weight loss, triglyceride improvements, fighting cancer/Alzheimer's etc etc (although they are fab by-products)
            for me I want the cognitive benefits. Here's a quick/easy overview of that in particular for those with 5 minutes to spare:
            "Keto Brain Hack" Ketogenic Diet Effects on the Brain (Dr. Perlmutter/D'Agostino) - YouTube
            and a 6min clip that includes the glutamate/GABA modulating effect for combating anxiety: What the Keto Diet Does to Your Brain - YouTube

well, scanning and printing more financial records for my upcoming bankruptcy meeting. oh joy.

Can't wait to get a work sched figured out so I can establish a good schedule for hitting the gym and sauna. It's hard to justify a combined hour of driving/gas for doing it on it's own.

Pie, no barnyard animals planned for my face! it would be lovely to have a farm one day though. Getting in the practice with microgreens at least.

Lav, Locatelli is a decent brand of pecorino I've used quite a lot. In other breaking cheese news I picked up a chunk of contija from the Mexican grocer this morn.
            It's analogous to Greek feta i suppose but way cheaper.

Ok, off to see if UPS has dropped off any more goodies for me to wrap.

be well loves!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,it's too cold for me,brrrrr,whatever happened to the travel jobs you were up for? Romeo discovered pulling the Christmas ornaments off after I bragged to Kell that he's been leaving my tree alone,now I hafta figure out some kind of barrier! PQ,hamburgers and chicken hot dogs baked in the oven for dinner,cheap,easy and yum!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends!

Got too busy today with stuff & never did get into my workshop. Sorry PQ, no pics again.
                My grandson showed up at 4 pm again so there's no chance of getting anything done tonight.
                ose keys
                Mick, sorry about the news with Julie's Dad. He's definitely going to need a lot of assistance as time moves forward. I fear the ones who open the door or get in their cars & get lost. I happened to YB's grandmother, we had to take her car keys away. Then she went outside to cut grass on a riding mower & ended up flipping the thing over. We hid those keys too. She ended up living with her daughter for a short time before going to a nursing home. You need a whole staff full of people to keep those folks safe.

Pauly, cats & babies wreak havoc on Christmas trees LOL

Det, I do brush after I eat, it's just ridiculous.
                I hope you are enjoying the cooler weather. My cousin lives somewhere in Nevada & is posting snow pictures on FB today

Hello to all & hope everyone has a nice night!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...can my accountant get any dumber? The answer is yes! I'll just leave it at that.

Mick...well at least it's warm rain. LOL Sorry to hear about the assessment but I think you both knew it was coming. Went through the stages with my Dad and found that the higher the number the quicker it increased. At least he was in assisted care and was well looked after. We hired private care givers for what we called his chair time. He spent a lot of time in bed but when he was in his wheelchair there was always someone with him. In the end they were the ones he recognized and that was ok. Things are definitely in Chrimbo wind down mode. Another glorious afternoon of cards. The kitchen was stalked for the weekend events and next weeks lunch events so I'm making my list of leftovers for the chef. LOL

Pi...sorry to hear the title hasn't been resolved yet I know how frustrating that can be. I wish we could look up what the case is when we're called for jury duty, I'd be in for a good murder trial. LOL

Pauly...I thought of you when Det said it was getting a tad chilly and was A OK with it. LOL Isn't it always the way, kids will make a liar out of you every time. Once again the barricades come out. Taking it easy on myself and doing hot chicken sandwiches from store bought rotisserie chicken.

Det...nope, no plans except wiping the word "should" out of my mind. My present to me is me time. Scanning and printing and then scanning and printing again and again. I feel for you. Although I was able to file for a Consumer Proposal instead of Bankruptcy the process is the same. It will be a big relief to have that over with. I would like to have a word with the little flirt that likes goatees and set her straight. LOL Hope your goodies arrived for wrapping.

Lav...you're forgiven. Think it only took me 2 months to actually post my garden picture that was requested. LOL Still trying to figure out "ose keys". If you google ose you'd be amazed at what comes up. LOL Bet you'll be seeing more and more of your grandson with hectic schedules leading up to the holidays.

SK...thinking of you and hope all is well.

Sam...you must be still off and running. Got all the firewood cut for the winter?

TG...you were probably one busy lady today. Safe travels tomorrow.

Off to get supper ready and find a Christmas story to watch. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hia all ...just a quick jump in this morning .Im off on the road in a little while ..going down to my friends house and want to try and beat the traffic...hope we are all well today..in the meantime have a nice one ...we are now waiting for storm Deirdre!!!!
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

oy oy oy, coffee with coconut oil time ABerooooos!

Lav, snow in NV? well, i do see some on the Sierras to the west but it's still pretty high up. Be cool if it dropped down a bit so i can take
                      some winter pics. Afraid Pauly wouldn't approve though!

Pauly, Bunbun is not sure what to make of the Xmas tree but seems to be having fun camping out underneath it and nibbling on the plastic branches
                      if we don't catch him in time. ack.

I axed the outside sales job idea that was multi-state. Just can't see that being good for my mental health. The one I'm waiting on word for is just in the
                      greater Vegas area which is fine and dandy with me.

PPQ, nice to see you are being mindful of language and such limiting concepts as 'should'. Media and other group consciousness social conventions can be such
                      a trap, and millions of folks tend to follow into the herd mentality whilst unconsciously usurping their own decision making processes. 'because I'm affiliated with this political party I'm supposed to think X, because I'm overweight I have to act X' etc etc. It does make work nice and easy for mainstream media of course.

uncles daughter came down sick so I made her a creamy sweet potato soup that cheered her right up. food to the rescue

Mick, have fun with the storm!

eagerly waiting for my keyboard/synth to roll in so I can start making hideous noises LOL

hard time of year for so many struggling with addictions. I do hope that if anyone is reading and having any difficulty that you please
                      chat with us here and know you are not alone in this. Your fight is our fight.

off to see the wizard

be well loves
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...oh my, yet another storm. Time to run away. When are you off on your Jolidays? Hope you were able to beat the traffic and had a great time.

Det...I'm pleased to read you axed the outside sales job. I didn't think it would be a good fit for you right now either. Yup, I'm very aware when that word pops into my mind. I usually follow it with why and then decide. Hope your keyboard/synth shows up soon, got to get some practice in for the Xmas Carols.

Alas there was no card playing to be had today. But it was still quiet and productive. Mac & Cheese tonight so must get started. Shout out to the rest of the gang and hope we all have a peaceful night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greeting Abbers,

Freezing here but we are approaching winter

My day was OK but didn’t exactly go as planned so there’s still no pics PQ, ha ha!
                          It’s nearly 9 pm but I am stitching some stuff now so hopefully tomorrow will be pic day.
                          I had a call from our friend SK this afternoon. Unfortunately she is in the hospital again after another fall
                          She is sporting a fractured patella on the right leg & a fractured ankle on the left. OUCH! Apparently one of her medications has been causing the falls....... very typical & preventable. Docs need to be more careful assessing their patients when they write RXs.
                          She will be in rehab for a few weeks it sounds. I wish her well :hug:

Mick, busy today? Hope you had a good one!

PQ, people are suddenly wanting me to make their Christmas gifts so I have no time for my fun crafty stuff this week, figures Lol
                          Your accountant having brain farts or what?

Det, I’ve been craving ice cream lately which I can’t eat. Tonight I put a couple of frozen bananas in the food processor & turned them into banana soft serve style ice cream. I added some Cacao nibs, made a sugar free chocolate sauce......now I am happy
                          I hope the job of your dreams comes looking for you. Nice that you were there to make soup for the young ine, they appreciate that.

Hello to Cyn, Pauly & Sam.

Have a nice night everyone!
                          Lav
                          Last edited by Lavande; December 6, 2018, 09:00 PM.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

SK! oh my, thanks for the report Lav. I could go on a big rant about most doctors being the 'fast food' of the health industry but I digress...
                            That's going to take a while to rehab from. Damn.

on a brighter note, that banana concoction sounds like a super alternative to ice cream. Say, have you checked out Monk fruit sweetener?
                            I've recently compared more than 10 alternate non-sugar sweeteners and it's hands-down the top of the crop. Just got mine in today.... in fact...
                            lemme try some straight.... audience hushes in anticipation....it's sweet! and no weird chemical taste. A win for the home health team.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all..and how are we today then? hope all is well ....Currently in the middle odf strom Deirdre? it is a belter ...any one need any rain ? went down to my friends yesterday ..parts of the motorway were flooded ..mind you the feed we had made up for that !!I was full to the brim..I doubt Ill be going far today ...get some kitchen work done.ok lets go into the weekend with a brew at least ..

Det my boy ...hows you then?and the wabbit seems to be doing good too ..Yes it is a bad time of year for some (for all sorts of reasons) and booze n drugs is an alleged means of escapism...Im sure most of our politicians must be tanked ..they certainly know how to escape reality .anyways you take care friend ..

so the Calgary Card Crew were redundant yesterday? whats the world coming to?Yes its a fair ole storm here ...we fly out on the 21st of December ..the rabbits are booked in from the 20th to their holiday place! hows the dim/dumb assistant then?

hiya ppqp hows you girl?you ok ..? you ready for Chrimbo ?

hiya sk sam pie and teegee ..hows the merry gang doing?

hi Lav..how are you then? no ice cream ..looks likeIll hafta have yours...you can have my nanas Im not allowed them...thanks for the info on sk ..I had to read it twice..I thought it said paella!!yep talking about meds ...after the cancer op my bro got an infection ...they gave him meds to cure it ...he collapsed last week..the meds they gave him were shutting his kidneys down...sometimes you cant win ...

hiya sk ...how are you? please take care ...you need to think about this jumping off the wardrobe lark it isnt doing a lot for you you know..

right peeps have a great weekend ...

Only 50 more Brexit headlines till Christmas....

Before marriage : "I see you in my dreams."

After marriage : "ICU, in my dreams."

Everyone goes on about the 'early-bird'...what about the early worm?...what did that bugger get?

The terrifying realisation of what Brexit will really be like is just starting to dawn on me.

I woke up in a cold sweat thinking 'Where on earth am I going to get tripe soup, maggot cheese, whole roast songbirds, snails, saeurkraut, fermented herring and bulls testicles in squid ink?'

When I walk my dogs I can get pensioners, women with kids, in fact anyone who is sat where I want to rest to move. I take my picnic out of one of my poop bags and eat it, they don't half get up and fck off out of my way quickly.

Popeye was a vegan who settled every disagreement with violence

If you lose your scapegoat you have no one to blame but yourself

The founder of Pizza Express has died.

He will be available for collection in about 10 minutes

Comment

Hi all - quick post from me. I just walked in the door from the last mini-trip. Survived the NY traffic outside of the city yesterday, and made it to the tip of Long Island's north fork. Amazing, I felt like I was in Maine all of a sudden. Good thing it felt special, the drive was 4.5 hours. Got back to NYC OK last night and survived the fancy big party -- ugh, not my cup of tea. On to do more planning lists for my move person, who had a stroke a year ago and is quite anxious and often upset. Trying to tack it all down for him before I leave town late tomorrow.

Mick, so sorry for the news of Julie's dad... good luck with that as you go forward, and I hope your brother has stabilized now.

Lav, thanks for the SK news - seriously?! That girl just can't seem to get a break - no pun intended. And such painful fractures, poor thing!! Hope all is good in Lav world.

Det, good luck on the job front and tax front. PPQ, love the idea of no "shoulds" Sam, I hope the music is continuing. Pi, good luck on the title front.

Hello to anyone I missed - off in a rush, I will try to check in tomorrow --

Comment

Working...
                                X