Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9/12/

Late day greetings again friends!

Long & busy days but that's OK. I am actually getting stuff done.
    Still cold but dry around here. Apparently we are in for big rain on Saturday, the day of the memorial service for our friend.

Mick, I see you are still busy as well. Sure makes the day go by fast, right?

SK, we miss you too & hope you recover as quickly as possible. :hug:

PQ, I will not take my grandkids shopping - that would be a suicide mission, ha ha! Their parents will have that pleasure!
    Let's keep our fingers crossed for this winter, may it be mild!!!!

Det, congrats on the Etsy store!
    Be sure to let us know how to find you there, we can be your first customers. I guess you have Paypal set up too, it's easy to use.
    I had an Etsy store years ago, listed one thing & got no bites. I still sell on ebay , mostly embroidered firefighter & EMT shirts, stuff like that. Sometimes it's busy, sometimes not so much. Get your pictures out locally too at craft fairs & such. Wishing you the best of luck!!!!

Hello to Cyn & Pie & Pauly.

Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Top O the Morning ABerooos!

not much aberoo activity just yet....all warming around the campfire with hot beverages in hand getting ready to sled down
      the snowy hills? oh well, a good thought!

Lav, thanks so much. I just want to test out the shopping cart system and download and of course get some ratings/exposure to make
      sure the etsy.com thing is doable for me. i tried to do a 'free' coupon code but it won't allow it for some reason. I can get 90% off though:
      LondonLeeLewis on Etsy
      that's the link to the 2 I have up ATM. hope to have more up shortly along with print options as well. Lemme know if anyone has trouble
      with any of it or advice for printing services in the meantime.
      muchas gracias to all who dare

job hunt trudges onwards and it's certainly a slow time of year for such things. oh well.

it is however a great time of year for soups/stews/curries and such. I'm thinking a curry is in order.

back soonish

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

afternoon all...its late but ...finally ..Ive finished the kitchen ....well chuffed it polished smooth too.all Ive got to do is let it all harden off...
        20181212_130037.jpg

so onward and upwards to the next job.have you seen these 2 posers?

20181210_090839.jpg there we go ....enjoy

hiya Det I love that pic of the rabbit ..can I make a suggestion?put a watermark thru the sample...its possible to download that as it is ..

hiya Lav ...yep its busy ...I think we have found another holiday in March..I hope therain stays off for your service on Saturday..I was really full last night at our meal I saw a real weird one today ..brussel sprout flavoured chips !you talk about your politics ..wow ours aint too good either ..every asshole in the world is coming out to stab Theresa May
        y ,,yet none of the spineless shits would stand up and be counted in the beginning.

hiya ppqp ...hows you then? good Ihope ..yes most of thework done ...bought another 2 locos yestrday ...

s-l1600 (5).jpg

I used to watch this one as a kid hauling coal to the power station ...

heres the other one

s-l1600 (7).jpg

hiya everyone else ..gotta move and put the tea on..

According to my i-phone health app..I walked 3,574 steps around that buffet last night!..so that's pretty good!!

My wife's always said her biggest dream is to "Swim with dolphins."

I couldn't get her this for Christmas, but I got her the next best thing... "Swimming with crocodiles."

The Sun: “Good morning want some light?”
        Me: “What a beautiful day thanks Sun”.
        The Sun: “Here’s some heat as well”.
        Me: “Wow getting hot now”.
        The Sun: “It’s going to get hot when I expand and destroy your planet in a few billion years”.
        Me: “Not if we destroy it first”.

Anyone who believes that men are the equal of women has never seen a man trying to wrap a Christmas present

There's been one more postponement, but I'm really looking forward to when this Brexit madness will finally get resolved...

in A.D. 2058

I hate it when you're in a hurry at the bank and you get a really chatty assistant.

Is that your own gun?
        Does it come in different colours?
        Is it heavy?

The old lady next door just knocked my door,
        "Can you open a jar of pickles"? she asked
        "Of course i can" i replied,
        "Great" she said " i've just bought some cheese".

Aldi Christmas TV Advert 2018 - Turkey - YouTube

Aldi Christmas TV Advert 2018 ? Desserts - YouTube
        Last edited by Mick; December 12, 2018, 05:42 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE All,

Puttering around doing small projects; nothing time sensitive on the list today. Mick, glad to hear that you're pleased with how your worktops turned out. Good for another 5 years, I hope. Your train pics reminded me that last week I joined the crowds lining the railroad tracks to watch the Bush 41 funeral train go by. It's not that I was such a huge fan of his politics, but he was a very decent human being, and held an office that I respect, despite its current occupant. Just felt the need to show up, and so I did.

PQ, ironically the new wife is now conspirator numero uno, in Dad's view. I'm happy to have been demoted, but hate that she's now a target. No resolution on the title problem, and we'll pass the contract deadline today. Barring some 11th hour reprieve, this goose is cooked.

I've got a couple of four-legged pairs coming to me for care starting tomorrow. These are some of my very favorites, so looking forward to it. Also, (I'm on the edge of my chair waiting to hear), I might get hands-on time with some of the Macau greyhounds coming this way from Hong Kong!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...you've got to put the pic of bunbun in the pumpkin up! I agree with Mick, you should watermark them. Sorry but the ecommerce is new to me. Yes, I'm sure this is a slow time of year for hiring, unless it's seasonal for the holidays. Yes, it's soup season, the insta pot is calling me.

Lav...my fingers are crossed for both of us. We're still having above normal temps and no snow. Next week is supposed to gorgeous. Makes getting that last minute Xmas shopping must easier. Hope the rain holds off for Saturday.

Mick...and well chuffed you should be. Great job. What a great pic of the posers, I'm so glad they bonded. Think I'll pass on the brussel sprout chips. I'm thinking both those trains can be upgraded with chips and sound. You'll have to do up the CP train for Christmas. CP runs a Holiday Train across Canada which stops in various cities and towns with lots of entertainment. They collect donations to the individual food banks.
            holiday-train-1.jpg

Pi...good for you for showing up for the funeral train. He was a decent man, boy have things changed in that office. Too bad the wife has become a target, it's got to be hard on her. I'm sure it's nothing new to her as she has been around for some time now. Sorry to hear the title didn't get sorted, or did it? Was wondering if you had some visiting 4 feet'rs. You sound excited about possibly having time with the greyhounds. Hope that works out.

Boss texted me at 7am to pick up some items for the chef as he wasn't going to be in till at least noon. I wasn't impressed. When I got to work Co-worker was flitting around staging a seating for our Sr Fitness Pot Luck Xmas lunch. As a rule we just put out 5 tables and they're on their own. When she wanted items that were supposed to be set up for my (paying) Bridge lunch I put my foot down and told her to knock it off. FFS! Had a great lunch and a lot of fun playing cards this afternoon. I am royal stuffed and feel quite drained. Going to be an early bedtime for me. Sleep well peeps....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Checking in & it's not bed time quite yet, ha ha!!
              Decided to take it easy this evening.

Det, the pictures look great & I will be making a purchase, yay!!!
              They will make great prints.

Mick, kitchen looks awesome. Now don't go messing it up by cooking in there or anything
              I was in the car this morning listening to NPR & they had the BBC recordings of Theresa May being yelled at & talked down to - what a mess.

Pie, I would have gone to see 41's train too, that was nice.
              I was going to ask you about your Dad's wife - sorry to hear she is caught up in his web of delusion
              Sorry about the title - what's going to happen now?
              Our friend Cyn (TreeGirl) has some experience with rescued greyhounds. I'm sure you'll have a lot to discuss on that front.

PQ, your co-workers sound like a special bunch, haha!! Sorry you have to deal with them on a daily basis.
              Glad you enjoyed your lunch after all that

Hello to Pauly, Cyn & SK.
              Have a decent night everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

morning all....and how are we today then? good I hope ..Dont believe it ..Julie came home the other day full of the cold from the nick ,and guess what Ive got..?yup full blown size man flu ..so its gotta week to shift itself ..well see Theresa May got the confidence of her party ..in a nutshell ..none of the other spineless wonders have got the bottle or the nouse to do anything .All good at bumping their gums and saying she is rubbish ,but not one of them said anything at the beginning ..remember she became pm by default ...after Boris Johnson couldnt hack it ..Whether I like her politics or not is immaterial..she has my respect for guts and determination .
                Got to go to Oldham for 9 ...keys for car re-programmed..
                ok brewtime ..

hiya Lav ..hows you then? all good I hope ...Ive got to let the oil harden off for a couple of days. See Trumps lawyer got 3 years jail time ....he says he is gonna blow the whistle on Trumps actions ....personally a shower in the nick wouldnt be top of my places to go if I was him!!!taking it easy ? as one of Santas little helpers shouldnt you be pillow or embroidering something?

hiya Pie how are you then ? so you are now reduced to suspect number 2 eh? yoomans ..ha stick to animals ..My friends son lives in HK .. he is flying back today...left skool with nothing ..now he is the risk manager for a big industrial insurance company on megabux..He came from Oldham living in hk ,his girlfriend is chinese and her parents live in Canada..Yes the worktops are done ...now I have found out I can do it they will get done more regular!have a nice time with the greyhounds .

hiya ppqp ...wow what an ace pic ..that cp looks great !when we couldnt get the holiday to Sri Lanka we wanted ,(luckily we found another)one of the hols I looked at was the Rocky Mountaineer ...all thru the Rockies..would be good but the price tag was crazy ..£7500 for the 2 of us ..Ive no doubt one day Ill go back to Canadia ,but ..that was a bit steep methinks ...Ive already got my head full of future plans for the trains think you need to give your boss a lesson on how to be a boss!hope the bridge goes well ..

hiya det how are you today then mate?

tree and sk ...hiya both ....get well soon sk ..and take it eazee ...

hiya sam the man

Theresa May is bringing in the big guns to help her with her Brexit vote, these lads know how to sort voting out.

The Russians.

I've made the world's smallest model of The Titanic.

And people claimed it was unshrinkable.

I searched online about how heroin is made and received an answer from the FBI, telling me I was skating on thin ice.

With heroin, you're not really skating on thin ice.

Heroin is a semi-synthetic opioid, whereas ice is methamphetamine - a synthetic (man-made) chemical.

Skating on thin methamphetamine would probably be one hallucination derived from smoking any of this shit

Just been to the doctors and they're pretty sure that I've got Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilcovolcannoconiosis.
                But it's hard to say.

Whenever someone calls me ugly I get super sad and hug them because I know how tough life is for the visually impaired

I just saw a guy running down the road with a Cape on.
                I shouted, "Are you a Superhero?".
                He said, "No, I haven't paid for my haircut!".

and finally....

Funniest Christmas advert ever!!! - YouTube
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

PQ, you are so right! I am kid-at-Christmas excited about tending to the Ghounds tomorrow! I so hope that they do okay. The flight is nonstop, but it's a dozen hours in cargo. Fortunately, vets will be among us. That CP Christmas train looks grand! A trip like that would be right up my alley. Thanks for mentioning.

Lav, I actually brought Dad with me to the Bush 41 train. He likes to wear his Air Force hat, and have people come up to thank him for his service! It was a perfect crowd for just that. Not sure what to think about the real estate deal. Not quite dead yet, but on serious life support. We'll see...

Greetings to the rest of the gang! Sam, are you snowed in?
                  Last edited by Pie; December 13, 2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...I didn't know a cold could be contagious through the threads but count me in! Started sneezing around 10am and it's gone downhill from there. Left work early and it'll be an early bedtime as well. I'm not sure what happened with the trains here but about 15 years ago all the passenger trains were cut back and the prices skyrocketed. Haven't taken the trip through the Rockies since. Hope you got the key re-programmed ok.

Lav...co-worker not in till noon today, it was a lovely morning. LOL Everybody seems to just be counting down the days till the break. I'm hoping the new year will bring new attitudes. I know I'm going to work on mine. I'm glad you took it easy last night, it can be a hectic time of year.

Pi...a dozen hours in cargo that's got to be hard on them. Looking forward to hearing about their visit. That was nice that you took your Dad with you and I bet he loved the attention. Thought the real estate deal was dead so I've got my fingers crossed again.

Where's an Insta Pot when you need one. Off to make my chicken noodle soup and get snuggled up on the couch. Have a restful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Waiting for a weekend full of rain to start, ho hum. It's been nice not having any for the past 7 days.
                      Kept myself busy stitching & shipping out stuff today & will be doing the same tomorrow.

Mick, Theresa May apparently has the right stuff Over here I am watching Nancy Pelosi, the likely next Speaker of the House stand up to Trump & tell him to his face that he's a liar. Makes me proud
                      Hope you got your key problem straightened out.

Pie, that was nice to take your dad to see the Bush train. I'm sure it made him proud as a vet.
                      Can't wait to hear about the greyhounds arrival. Still hoping for good results on your title.

PQ, I hope someone gets you an Instant Pot for Christmas. I really wish they were around when I was coming home needing a quick dinner.
                      It warmed up to 40 something today ahead of the rain we're supposed to get. Nice being able to run out to the chickens or mailbox without a coat haha!

Hello to our star entrepreneur Det
                      I hope your listings get lots of hits.

Hello to Pauly, SK, Cyn & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hidy hey hey ABeroooos!

Mick, what a fabulous train setup you have there. I'd like to get some little figurines to put in my microgreens trays for fun
                        miniature photos. Like a little tractor, farmers etc. got a source?

Lav, my precious client #1 wooooo! you rock, thanks dear. As soon as my samples come in I'll be putting up more options.
                        got pillow, T shirt and photoprint all on approach. I'ts nervously exciting stuff and I'm learning so much about eCommerce and
                        social media. Bout time eh? so an instant pot is like a really fast crockpot? I still haven't looked into them..

Pie, real estate you are selling? glad you had fun with your dad, that's our true treasure to behold while we are here.

SK, hope you are in no pain my dear.

PPQ, soup does sound good, think there's some left. better grab it.

Watermarking... hmmm. so you can download the full size pic from the product page on etsy? I just tried and it only let me download
                        a smaller sized file, but then again I'm the store owner so maybe it's just different for me? lemme know and thanks much for the info.

tomorrow morning my uncle and i are on a humanitarian mission to help a local homeless guy. I'll wait to relate more afterwards. Never know
                        how these things end up turning out...hopefully well.

ok, off to learn more and perhaps an episode of Dr Who.

Pauly? whassup? Sam? keeping in tune?

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

morning all ...how are we today then? allk good I hope ...Severe case of man flu here ...Ihave got a banging headache ,plus weepy eyes runny nose but apart from that sound as a pound ..The rabbitz are out playing its frosty and dry but he is digging ..she is watching ..so I guess its chicken soup and a chuckie egg for me ....

ok brew time ...

hiya det how you doing my friend?hope all is well with you ...firstly I hope your mission goes well friend..secondly ..yep you can only download that file as is size from etsy..what you can do tho ..is download it ,then save it ..You can then edit it to whatever you want then screenshot what you have done and save it ..and Im sure there are other professional ways ,ie editor etc to do it ..lastly yep there tractors and figures you can get ...have you thought about building models from scrap etc?Ive built quite a bit from bits of card and weather it up using pastel crayons fabric etc?

20181020_173925.jpg

20181020_173954.jpg

20181020_152910.jpg

20181112_150531.jpg

most of this is made from card and scrap.

yes I have got a tractor too...but why not create a whole diorama?

hiya Lav hows you then ? good i hope . yep key issue sorted out ,..as for Theresa May...I cant fault her guts ..she could buy and sell those spineless gits in there,whether you like her politics or not ...all the bigmouths havent come up with an alternative ..not sosure it will worry Trump being called a liar ...he lives it ..

hiappqp hows the cold doing ?hope you are getting over it ..go on treat yourself to an Insta pot ..you dont drink ..if you were youd find the money ..so treat yourself ..have a great day.

hia pie ...well have you got the grey hoondz yet?how are they ?me n you both on that train!!

hey wheres the rest ov the gang? take it eazee all.

Always be true to yourself. Never listen to those who tell you what you can't do.
                          They told Beethoven he'd never make music because he was deaf.
                          But he didn't listen to them.

As usual , it has fallen to me to be the nominated driver this festive season.
                          ..Being the only one among my friends who can drive straight after 8 pints.

The LORD came down upon mount Sinai, and commanded Moses to ascend to the summit.
                          Moses went up and after 40 days returned and prepared the people, saying, "People of Israel, God spoke to me and gave upon this day these 10 commandments, as it is written by his finger in these two stone tablets.
                          And Moses did present the laws of GOD as it was written within the tablets.
                          But the people had become wanton during the absences of Moses, and worshiped the false idol in the shape of the golden calf. And, on hearing the commandments, they called on Moses to resign, saying they would not accept them as written
                          And Moses said unto them, ‘Behold, this is the best deal we can hope for.’
                          And the Lord made it clear that there could be no re-negotiation.
                          And Moses told them, ‘Behold. We must be as one and accept the 10 commandments, but I am happy that we not vote on it until a future time.’
                          And the people of Isreal looked among themselves for someone to lead them in Moses stead, but Moses was not ousted as he kept his position as leader of the Children of Israel by the skin of his teeth

Stormy Daniels was paid $130,000 to keep quiet about having sex with Donald Trump.

A court has just ordered her to pay his $293,000 legal fees.

You know what that means.

She's going to have to hump him again.

I'll be making a movie about the Greek alphabets.

It's a Psi Phi film.

Theresa May is planning a party for the end of Brexit.
                          She intends to invite all those who supported her, to a meal.

A kfc family bucket should do it.

Eating at McDonald's regularly, has plenty of health benefits.
                          For instance, it would prevent you from dying of old age.

Comment

Mae everybody,yep PQ colds are contagious thru the threads cuz I have it too! Mick described the symptoms exactly,I have the body aches too though,doesn't surprise me cuz Lou and Rome have been sick on and off,Det,good luck on what you're doing Pie,hope everything goes smoothly with the grey hounds,such amazing dogs,I bet they're gonna eat a ton of food while they're with you,I have so much to do today,gonna get it done early so I can relax in the afternoon,didn't realize how close chrimbo was getting until last night,,yikes! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...hope you're feeling better. At least I didn't get the achy body and headaches. I love the pics of the models. You are very talented. Had a good sleep last night and I think it helped, felt a whole lot better this morning. Boss came out of his office and said what are you still doing here, you've never seen me leave the office that fast. No frost here, was 41F this morning and lots of sun. Tomorrow will see me off to get new registration and drivers license so I'm glad I'm not dealing with cold and snow. Going to see if an Insta Pot shows up under the tree otherwise will hit the boxing day sales.

Pauly...hope you get over your woman flu soon. Not working today eh? Are you normally off on Fridays? Hope you got everything done and was able to have a relaxing afternoon.

Off to find a before dinner snack. Will check back later for any updates.....:smile:PPQP
                              Last edited by porqoui; December 14, 2018, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Boy oh boy, what a wonderful day I had! All the dogs arrived uninjured, and except for some possible dehydration, they're in great shape. (especially considering that they're no longer destined for the meat trade!) Conditions were not favorable: cold, gusty wind, in a parking lot with planes flying over head, and trucks driving through, but we got each one uncrated safely, leashed up, and walked. From here, they're going by car to an adoption group that will find them homes. It feels like a very big deal, yet it was just 5 dogs, out of some 500 who were left behind when the race track closed. Some truly wonderful people in Macau are working to get them out. I have no idea who's footing the bill. Oh, and the flight that they were on today was just the final leg from Amsterdam. They'd been traveling for some 20 hours prior to that! Amazeballs!

I'm gonna skedaddle out of here now before any flu germs seep through. Y'all sickos take care of yourselves! And thanks to everyone for your good wishes today!

Comment

Working...
                                X