last one of 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: last one of 2018

Mae everybody,Mick I understand about Sandy being the one that holds that special spot even tho you love them all Cyn,you should a stopped in Vegas,I worked NYE and could have trimmed your hair haha,Lav,I still can't see you as a smoker,that ones hard to picture! I cried when I took my tree down,cat's outta the bag haha,hubs teased me about it,I dunno just happy memories and even tho Christmas is soooo stressful,its also such a special time,PQ,it's pulled pork in the crock pot tonight,easy,cheap yeah! Work sucks,I posted in the NN a couple weeks ago that I don't like being around depressed people cuz I tend to soak their mood up,my coworker has been so mopey its getting on my nerves,it's her own fault for hiring that guy when everyone said no! He seemed weird and kinda creepy when he applied so nobody wanted to work with him,so now he's threatening to sue her,her mood has gone further south but I just figure its karma for being selfish and not listening to the other girls,if she woulda had to work with him,she would have kept looking for someone else,grrrrr,Det hope you're feeling better,I was so dizzy yesterday,think it's this cold(for us) weather,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday?
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I went to a group hypnosis session and all I managed to do was fall asleep. LOL I've also tried acupuncture, nope made no difference. I do believe it was because my mindset just wasn't there yet. I hear you about there's always tomorrow but my tomorrows are running out quick.

Mick..woke up to another gorgeous day with plus temps yet again. Apparently there's a huge winter storm happening in BC, this weather is really weird. Yup got the car cleaned out and I've actually been out quite a bit today. Just taking advantage of non-winter weather. Thanks or all the advice on quitting smoking, you've really given me lots of ideas. Hope you can get your clutch adjusted without having to spend all that money.

TG...hope your day was productive, sounds like lots to get done before heading out again on Sunday. I too love all the reminders I get reading through the posts, it really does help.

Pauly...it was good to read that you cried when you took down your tree because of how special Christmas was. That's great to hear. Shepards pie on the menu tonight except I make mine with ground beef. I hope the drama with the ex co-worker ends soon.

There's a sink full of dishes calling my name so back to adulting. Hope everyone is have a great Thursday...:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,I make mine with ground beef too! My customer and I were talking about smoking today cuz his female friend(not sure if they're dating or what) has a long list of health problems and won't quit smoking,he says it upsets him cuz his wife died of lung cancer and he wants this friend to stop but he says the more he tries to get her to quit the more stubborn she gets,I'm just glad you actually want to quit,same as booze people won't stop for anyone else but themselves
        Last edited by paulywogg; January 3, 2019, 07:07 PM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly...yup, I tried stopping for someone else and it didn't work. I need to stop for me and I think I'm there. Was just thinking one more day (Jan 4) and then I have to stop. Then I thought maybe I should think about it as starting. Starting to change my lifestyle and make healthy changes.

Thanks all for your advice and support....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Well, my NY's day started with a bird getting in the house and cat chaos. The cats have always been afraid when I open that door, so I opened it for the bird and out
            went they ran, loving it, but the bird stayed in. I called te cats b/c we are surrounded by coyotes and bobcats - one was in the parking lot the other day. I closed patio door to head them off, l when I came back they were crying to get back in. Hermi is white and easy to spot I damned near had a heart attack. Whew. Bird was still in so I locked them in the bathroom, opened the door and it flew out. then went shopping to Target and spent 385.00 and I had $350 on me and checks. When I went to pay I could'nt find the money - only $85.00. I wrote a check and the cash maching cumpled it, same with the 2nd one. So I became the miserable shopper at other's expense while we took items outuntil we got to $85.00! Embarrassing. I found the rest of the money on my coffee table I then went home for a hot chocolate that I had bought at Williams-Sonoma I couldn't read the direction so went to went to sit down and read it, my medical boot got caught in the rug and I did a face plant on the couch spilling the hot chocolate over couch and carpet will need professional cleaning.

I called uber because I needed food and there was an horrific downpour. My cleaning lady didn't show. I haven't been able to contact her b/c she is so reliable o tell her not to drive in that weather. I haven't heard from her and she may have been in an accident, we are like family. The p. therapist was on time:yay: It was Vivian's b/d so I called her to see when would be a good time to go over but she was getting her ears pierced and was in the waiting room dd grabbed the phone and said we gotta go. She is due a lecture on manners. No call back.

TodayI called uber for a drive to get a manicure, Got someone who didn't speak and I tried 3 x, then heard her speaking English to someone else. Called uber to go to hairdresser and as he was coming to get me I got a msg from Uber saying he was a bit deaf. I think he had NO English and couldn't rea

d his navigator. After trying it was just plain awkward, so I told him to take me home and wrote my address on a piece of paper, but he nodded, but couldn't find his way out of the parking lot! so I had to give hand signals, I was so glad to come home.

I've already wrote this once but lost it despite auto-save. My arm with the pins and plates in it is throbbing - the weather? I'm done
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

My God SK - you must have a dark karma cloud over your head
              I don't know if I could tolerate a day like that without tearing someone's head off!!!!
              Sending you positive thoughts & energy for a better rest of the week!

Mick, I hope your car is OK without too much expense.
              Yeah, we both seem to be animal lovers, for real. Back when I was still working at the hospital I had a picture of my dog taped to my locker door - everyone else had their kids picture on theirs, LOL

Pauly, you just may be an empath like me. I also unwillingly suck up the moods of people & it used to wear me out. I was never able to work around psych patients too long because they made me crazy!!!
              Take a look at this website & see if it fits: Empath Guide | What Is An Empath

PQ, glad you are enjoying nice weather. We are gearing up for more rain even though we certainly don't need any. I am FB friends with Kaslo who used to post here. She's in BC & I've seen her snow pictures, wow!!
              I just thought of something that helped me with my smoke quit. I used to automatically light a smoke when I poured a cup of coffee. So when I quit, I switched over to tea & let the coffee go for a while - just to break that connection. It was a big help. Try all the little tricks, they help

Cyn, I hope things will be changing for the better for all of us, it's time!!
              Watching the political news today was actually pleasant seeing Nancy Pelosi in charge of the House again & seeing 4 Democratic women from SE PA sworn in this week ~ awesome!
              There's still a lot of work to be done but we're moving forward!

Det, what's up with you?
              Pie, howdy to you as well.

Got the tree out of the house today, vacuumed a million fallen pine needles so I'm happy.

Have a nice night everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Firstly ..happy birthday ppqp ....the start of a new life for you ...not just a day ...hope it all goes well for you ...you know where we are ..so get diarying ..it is absolutely freezin over here today...its derly doors and Ive already had 3 brass monkeys at the door looking for a welder! whendo you start back at work ? is it next week in your nice clean car ? just had another idea....you always found the money to buy cigs..ok find it again...get a tin ..that is now your instant pot tin..mark it up etc ..put the money in ..watch it grow!every time you feel like a smoke ,just look at it the instant pot and what benefits it will give you ..then think of the benefits cigs will give you..

wow sk ..what an adventure ..or misadventure ...look on the positives albeit they are small....the year can only get better ...and you saved 300 bux..! have you heard from the cleaner yet? I hope today is a better one for you..

hiya Lav hows you ? yep I guess me n you belong to the same tribe! all my screensavers are my rabbits laptop tablet phone ..The car is a real performance...because of what it is (Peugeot Expert combi ) to change the clutch ...they cannot lift the engine out ..it has to come out of the bottom ..to do that they have to take the front subframe off..I phoned the dealer ..the quote ...£1200 I nearly fell thru the floor ..I phoned a friend who has a friend ..(you know the score)and he has a garage and is good ..a Polish guy ..he will do the whole job cash for 500...not vat tax etc so lets work out where the car is going shall we?I asked my mate why the dealer charges so much...he says Peugeot have got the job hours as 8 and their labour charges are £100 per hr..he reckons it will take about 5or 6 max plus he aint paying the tax man..didnt know you were in touch with Kaslo...give her my best .

hiya Pauly hows you today then? hope all is well ...wow ..pretty rubbish atmosphere to work in...hope it sorts out a bit for you...hows the family? you doin ok ..no ailments ..?have a lovely day.

big hello to everyone else

China has denied being secretive about their Lunar mission.

They just didn't have anyone who could pronounce it confidently.

I took my five-year-old son to the park to play football today.

As it was a long walk home, mostly uphill, I figured a piggy-back was called for.

Long story short, he now has a slipped disc.

To go one better than the Chinese, the first Irish spacecraft has successfully landed on.....
                The Wall..

I just come from my local Chinese takeaway baffled, Mr wong was so excited about something but i have no idea what a Roonar Randing is.

My doctor said to me, "I have good news and bad news... which do you want first."

"The good news, I suppose"....

"You're going to be very famous," he said to me, "You're going to have a disease named after you !"

Thousands of blood pressure pills recalled amid fear they could cause cancer because they contain a chemical used in rocket fuel.

This could be the launch of something big! (thats true,,,and I take those ones ...fortunately not the batch that has been recalled!)

America's first public earthquake-warning app unveiled in Los Angeles..

Could be confusing if you leave your phone on vibrate...

I spill some curry on the treadmill?..and now they're revoking my Gym membership? how unreasonable!
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all,
                  looks like another rainy day and Saturday coming, mold mold mold!! Finally out of the holidaze syndrome. Enjoyed them but glad to be back doing a little bit of work, although did get few things done around here.

Mick, enjoyed the lunar joke. I took fiddle lessons from a friend who was Japanese, excellent musician, btw. Anyway, one series of lessons concentrated on "Blackberry Blossom". He would struggle with pronouncing and laugh at his own attempts to say it. Makes me think of when I was in France years back and how I struggled with their language.

got a rush project going that has to be complete next, a pox on the rain!

be well friends
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,no ailments here haha Sam,always great to see you,SK,do you have someone to help you? I just worry cuz you fall a lot and was wondering if you have any home health care or something,PQ,Happy Birthday! Or is it tomorrow? Either way we're celebrating today Lav,I definitely relate to the article,thats what makes me happy to have my hubs,,he's always so positive! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...birthday is actually tomorrow but like Pauly says we can celebrate it today. I'm not sure if I'm ready to actually pull the plug on cigs tomorrow feel like I'm setting myself up for failure as I haven't really done any prep work. Went onto QuitNet yesterday and I felt better about my decision. Will take today to put a plan in place. I do want to put $15 in a jar every day, if I could find it to buy smokes I can find it save for a reward. Yup, back to work on Monday and I'm really going to emphasize positive attitudes. I'm done listening to all the bitching.

Sam...good to see your post, glad all is well. I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine too.

Pauly...it's good to hear hubs is always positive. Thanks for the Bday wishes and I hope you have a great BF Friday as well.

Planning on sorting/decluttering the rest of the mess around the house and spend some time outside. Have a great Friday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ithink I'll stay in today. Lav and Det I need your addresses again, please.
                        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Pauly, I do have help 3 x a week. I can't afford 7 days a week.
                          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Happy Birthday Eve, PQ! That's an intriguing idea of yours to focus your quit thoughts on what you'll be starting, rather than stopping. Lav's idea of breaking the coffee and cigs connection would be one I'd have to implement too.

Mick, like Sam, I enjoyed your lunar joke. Somehow, I think there may be a punchline lurking in your Polish Peugeot repair scenario.

I've had quite a lot to do on the real estate front. Nothing is coming together yet though, which makes all of the January renewal fees a bit more painful.

SK, what a day you had!

Comment

Thanks for creating the album [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], your setup is awesome!!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

I ended up with a surprise visit from my grandsons after school. They were especially crazy today, I guess it's the Friday thing, haha!!!
                                Just sent them home around 9:30 & now I'm trying to get my mind back

Mick, nice you found someone to work on your car. If he's Polish he could be a long lost cousin of mine, LOL
                                I have my dog's picture hanging in my kitchen where I'll be able to see her & remember the good times.
                                Tomorrow I will get the hammer & picture hangers out & get Det's prints up in my guest room.

PQ, Happy Birthday eve to you!
                                If you don't feel quite ready to quit tomorrow then don't. Pick another date once you have your plan in place & feel a little more confidant.
                                I really do believe in the hypnosis, sleep learning tapes or CDs or downloads out there. Your subconscious picks up a lot of information when you're asleep

Sam, good to see you. No rain here today but it's on the way for tomorrow. Hope you don't get more mold,

Pauly, I have learned to put my force fields in place when I encounter an individual who is a drama queen or a whiner or complainer. I won't let myself get sucked into their shit anymore, no kidding!!!!

Pie, real estate goes pretty quiet around here during the winter months because of weather & stuff. Houses sell like crazy in late spring & early summer, especially when the school year is almost over. I hope you get some good deals going

SK, glad you are safe today. I still wish we all lived closer.

Det, hope you are well!

Have a good night everyone!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X