Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 13th

morning all
    nice brisk morning, getting ready to get out and feed critters. Mick, like the out house joke!
    Lav, hope you're not too sore this morning..... I get it, been doing some swan dives myself lately. take care!!

off to it friends
    be well
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam no more swan dives for you or Lav! Haha,Mick,work is OK,the new lady they hired seems OK to me,the only problem is a couple of the older ladies seem kind of jealous of her or something,I'm glad I don't work with them much cuz I'm a morning shift and they're afternoon/evening shift,made Romeo some cupcakes for his birthday tomorrow,I guess they're having a parry for him and his cousin on Sunday cuz they're both turning 1, I'm gonna throw a tiny party for just us tomorrow though since it's his "real" birthday,he likes Elmo so thats my theme for him,PQ,its Parmesan crusted chicken breasts and macaroni and cheese for tonight need something else for sleep,this unisom makes me groggy for hours after I wake up and you're not supposed to use it everyday anyways but shit,,,I've gotta sleep or I'm a super wreck,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone. Did you all see the transformation of the White House to a White Castle yesterday? No class fool.

Lav, I'm so glad you're okay. Keep an eye on the ankle, at least nothing is broken.

Pauly, Romeo 1, already? That dinner sounds delish. I'm wearing a hat. got in the patio got into the patio and spilled a 10 #

Sam, I haven't seen a change at the bird feeder. Of course the squirrel got into the patio and knocked down a 10# bag of feed, that the therapist was kind enough to haul in for me.

Mick, that's an impressive weight loss and hike.

Gotta go.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hidy ho ABeroooodles near and far!

Mick, well done on the fitness goals! I'm doing well in the gym myself and enjoying feeling sore. So what's with these fitbits anyway...
          does it phone help if yer having a heart attack or something? I'm really not up on trendy stuff which is weird for a gadget guy like myself.

Lav, yer not stupid at all but you are truly lucky... owie! apparently your bone density isn't too bad! Ok, I'm going to have to get a darned
          instant pot. My Aunt is even raving about hers and apparently you can make real homemade yogurt in them. That's tipped it for me... soon
          as I get my ass moved into a house (soon) I'm getting one. now which one..... suggestions?

Pauly, enjoying the rare Vegas rain? it's lovely for sure. I'm taking both lithium orotate and melatonin and finding the combo to be very effective for
          sleep. Sounding yummy over there! I just made a pot of creamy squash/coconut curry soup. Perfect day for it.

SK, so nice to see your post

on the edge of my seat as always for a freaking job to go 'official' any day now... I can feel it....

be well loves
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I'm glad you're ok. My SIL has one of those wall vacuums and quite frankly I think they're more trouble than they're worth. There was a bit of sun in the morning and then a winter sky rolled in. By 5pm it was foggy and cold outside. They're calling for snow starting tomorrow.

Mick...did the waiting game pan out? Sometimes I wish they'd just leave well enough alone, why does everything have to be upgraded!! Good job on the weight loss!

Sam...no more swan dives! We all have to take extra care of ourselves.

Pauly...how sweet to make Romeo cupcakes and celebrate his day on his day. A year already, where does the time go! I couldn't face the grocery store or the thought of cooking so it was linguine and alfredo sauce for supper tonight. Seems like everyone else had the same idea, the restaurant was full of people picking up orders.

SK...no didn't see the transformation of the house, I'll have to google it.

Gotta run, dinner's getting cold. Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

X-Post Det....fingers crossed the job comes through!
            Last edited by porqoui; January 15, 2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Greetings folks,

No damage done, just some minor aches & feeling foolish
              Went out & met my two old work friends for lunch. We all seemed to have war stories to exchange, haha!! There's lots of storms moving this way I hear, not great. Snow & ice type storms, ugh.

Mick, Pastor Parcel, sounds like you have been busy as usual. It's warmed up to a balmy 22 degrees tis evening, haha!

Sam, you fall like a swan? I look more like Humpty Dumpty, LOL
              You take care too

Pauly, it's hard to believe Romeo is 1 already, time sure flies!!!
              Elmo is still my favorite, have a nice party!

SK, I've been so focused on you worrying about falling & here I go & fall, haha!! Guess it was my turn?
              I was really surprised because I'm always so hyper - focused on safety all the time.
              I'm glad you're having some nice outdoor weather

Hello to Det, Cyn & Pie & PQ!

Have a nice night everyone.
              Lav

PS: Hi PQ - cross posted!
              Last edited by Lavande; January 15, 2019, 08:18 PM.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I just realized PPQ and Miuck don't know about white castles. They are a 2" x3" hamburgers in a bun and steamed. Ugh! So with all that fast food ordered by Trump, I was referring to him turning the W.H. into a white castle. He did this stupidly in front of a portrait of Lincoln. He just goes lower and lower.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...been watching the news, keep those girls warm. I don't blame them if they don't want to come outside! You be careful dealing with that snow & ice. Glad there was no damage done and you were able to get out for lunch with friends. I wonder if you can remember back when you'd meet up for lunch and what the conversation would be about then. Like priorities changing as we grow older I'm sure it holds true for conversations.

SK...thanks for clarifying, I did see all those boxes of burgers. Unbelievable!!!

Pauly...sure you're getting ready for work. I just happen to be up really early this morning. Have a good one.

Mick...so, no surprise on the vote? Julie back yet? I'm sure you've been out and about all morning.

Since I was up early thought I'd put the kettle on, so brews all around. Will be heading out into fog this morning as the colder weather is swooping in.
                  Have a Wonderful Wednesday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then?all good I hope ...well its raining here today,warmish but pouring down..I got my car back yesterday...the flywheeel was shot too..so all in all it cost me 500 pounds ...If I had taken it to the dealer it would have cost at least 1500 unbelievable!so sack the dealer for any future work ...I got the call at about 10.45 am,Iran down to the tramstop,got the tram into Manchester Victoria ,ran across the city to Piccadilly got the train to Warrington...ran the 3 miles to the garage ..picked the car up drove 44 miles home and was in the house for 14.30..well chuffed.
                    anyway ..brew time ...

hia sk ..no doubt you have seen our political circus over here..what an absolute shambles ...nah somehow those burgers dont do it for me ...as for Trump..the only thing he has got over Lincoln is ..he hasnt been to the theatre ...yet..hope you are doing ok? if you cant get a hat ..get ahead..

hiya det ...you doing ok ? so you are getting an Instant pot?go for it matey ...you wont stop experimenting cooking and concocting potions.For me the fit bit gives me an idea of what cals I have burnt off etc ..its also an incentive boost at times as a well as a challenge.I do think they have gone too far tho..you can get them that logs when you cough fart sneeze ..it also goes off when you dont sleep enough eat enough drink enough ..for me it has gone too deep and I think a lot of others think that too miles calories time distance steps ..end of ..

hiya Pauly hows you then ...glad work is ok for you ...so the older onees are jealous ?unlucky ...let em leave ..so Romeo is like the Queen eh 2 birthdays ..the official and the real one!habagoodwun...

hi Sam the man how you doing mate ?hope its good friend ..you been gigging recently?

hi pie ..it turned out not bad yesterday ....train guy will be here tomorrow ,should have been today but he cant get away from the shop..so tomorrow he is bringing the choo choos ..hows work doing for you?Ive started getting the garden weeded despite the rain and cold ...mad I know but thats me have a great day

hiya Lav...how are you ...no more acrobatics?glad you enjoyed lunch..have you seen these before I saw them in the shop yesterday..couldnt believe it ..so I checked tinternet and there they were

Aldi is selling BLUE eggs and people don'''t understand why

hope you have a great day..

right folks be good

One of the Monty Python team has invented an unmanned aircraft that does sky-writing that’s spelled the same backwards as forwards.

It’s a Palin drone.

Some daft git from Peru
                    Wrote limericks that stopped at line two

Just had some git ask me the way to the mental hospital,

Bloody asylum seeker.

The five most pointless things ever.
                    0% lager
                    Vegan bacon
                    Size XXXL bikinis
                    The emoticon description "crying laughing" when we all know what it really means
                    The duty dentist on the Jeremy Kyle show.

Electoral Commission imposes record fine on Labour for inaccurate donations report.

Let's not jump to conclusions though, it was a genuine error of judgement.

The Party's accountants were on holiday that week & Dianne Abbott stepped in to do the accounts.

Just invested heavily in Crayola crayons... Since Harry kane is injured and Wayne Rooney has finished until next season, I figured they will be getting quite bored

Fair play to Theresa May..... keeping her record at not winning a vote at the top of politics is good going

hiya
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Quick hello ! We arrived home on Monday night, I worked all day yesterday and am off for a full one today. Lav, scary about that fall, hope you are OK now, Sam you too. Pauly, glad the new person is working out, happy bday Romeo! PPQ, good luck with the Chinooks and all. Pi, hope the $$ is forthcoming, SK, what a story about your haircut - when I way in CA over the holiday, my hair was so shaggy, I got it cut at a salon I just walked into, desperate - $17 later, , the best cut I've ever had! Mick, what stories about cars and walking, sheesh!

Sorry if I missed anybody - gotta run! Wishing all a great day --

Comment

morning all
                        bit chill this morning, read about the polar vortex yesterday. Sounds like we might get some winter. Another snow this week??

I didn't know anything about white castles either. Captain Catastrophe strikes again!

Mick, not much playing out but lots of playing with folks, which is my favorite.
                        waves to everyone!
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick bueno this morning,back after work! Have a great BF Wednesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy humpday ABErooooskies!

Had a lovely AM gym and Refuge class today which is very nice. Came back and poked some potential employers and made a super
                            yummy chicken salad.

I have watched a total of O minutes of news in the past month and my BP thanks me for it.

I ate at white castle once many years ago and was not impressed. Just a little junk-burger.

Wintery here and there? certainly wintery for Vegas lately with loads of nice rain.

positive things to do so I'm off....

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I hated White Castle burgers when I was a kid because they also put steamed onions on top of those nasty little burgers
                              I do zero fast food these days so I don't have to worry (although I do like onions now) ha ha!!

Mick, no falls/injuries for me today, yay! I was invited to go on the Amish Uber run today & spent 3 hours sitting in the truck. We basically were transporting building materials from one farm to another for the Amish folks today.
                              Back when I was working with those friends we never had a chance to socialize because it was all work & no play. But now we can look back & remember when we were oh so much younger, Lol
                              Getting your car back sounded like a real adventure for you. I never take my cars back to the dealers for repairs or maintenance work unless it's something under warranty. Saves a lot of $$.

Sam, I read that WaPo article earlier today. I guess we're in for some super nasty weather, uh oh!

Pauly, hope you had a good day!

Det, my B/P could use a rets from the news too. I wish all this sh*t would end sooner rather than later.
                              Did you hear back from any of the potential employers? I don't know if you read back but I hung my bunny & wild horse prints in my guest bedroom. Glad I went with the 12x12 canvas prints, they look awesome

Cyn, good to see you & you sound super busy. Hope you don't get snowed on too badly.

Hello to SK & Pie, hope you are both well.

PQ, I hope you don't get caught up in this fractured polar vortex thing too - sounds downright freaky!

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,you guys are silly,white castle rox! I can still handle fast food so I'll continue to eat it til I can't haha Cyn,you sound super busy as always,Lav,glad you got to catch up with your friends,an Amish Uber ride sounds interesting Det,I'm over these cloudy days but I know we won't get much rain later on in the year so I guess it's a good change,hate complaining about weather cuz it's nothing we can change anyways,Romeo opened about 3 of his presents then was over it,too tired I'll save the rest for his dual party on Sunday at his others grams house,PQ,I have no clue for dinner,,any ideas? Sick of making the same old food much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X