Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 13th

Morning all -

Am I the first one in today? Wow! And guess what - I'm taking the day OFF! At least from outside work... I have piles of mail and bills to pay, but at least I am not dealing with other people's stuff today. I might even put the few Xmas things that I got out out away... oh and unpack... ��. Anyway a mostly-home day, what a gift.

I hope all are doing well and hanging in. I'll check back later to hear all the news...

I have gotten a little down-trodden in the last months, so here is an affirmation I will be concentrating on -- "I expect good things to flow into my life..." cheers all --

Comment

X-post, Pauly! Happy Thursday back at you!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Son upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 last night and now I'm tasked with setting everything up again. Took me forever to get logged in here.

Heard from Mick this morning. He's very busy but wanted to let us know that he'll log in later. Didn't want anyone worrying about him.

I've run out of time so will post again when I get home from work.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hi everyone. Been in bed for 2 days with room spinning vomiting sleep, rinse and repeat. My ear is whooshing, so that's probably what's up.

What a balls up with Brexit and our non-government!
          Last edited by SKendall; January 17, 2019, 12:06 PM.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

hiya all ...thats me just got home ..Bonnie didnt seem too well this morning ,checked her ///solid belly ,so massaged it .and gave her some metacam.Meanwhile the guy cane and brought my trains ...they are fatastic ...sound and everything ....Checked Bonnie ,not happy phoned the vet got an appointment ..It took 3 hours to get across Manchester Bonnie has been kept in ..basically what she has done is pigged out..and built up the gases in her stomach...which could turn into gut stasis ....a killer ..hopefully she will be ok tomorrow ..better safethan sorry . feeling weary going to have some tea..
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

afternoon all
              pretty dang dreary out there. looks like a nasty weekend ahead, rain and cold. Mick, hope Bonnie is ok... enjoy your tea.
              SK, that sounds awful, my wife has the inner ear thing from time to time, especially when the weather changes, she can't drive at times. be well
              PQ, curious how windows 10 works for you. I tried for my survey work when it first came out, didn't support any drivers on my plotters or printers. went back to windows 7.
              TG, enjoy your day off!
              Pauly, still don't really know what a white castle is other than the obvious, with a moat.
              Lav, chickens are growing web feet with little snow shoes. how's Stella? Haven't heard her name lately, what generation you on? Just like Rin Tin Tin!!
              DEt, what shaken in Vegas town? all well?
              Pi, how are you doing, all good? any projects?

be well friends
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

31 degrees & the snowflakes are about to begin. I didn't even order any, haha!
                It's really feeling like winter now, dark, damp & bone chilling

Mick, sorry about Bonnie. I hope she's OK. animals are funny like that, I guess they are just doing what nature tells them to do? Who knows?
                Your new trains sound like a nice addition to your collection. I hope they work out great for you.

Sam, I've had aches for the past two days that I don't usually have so I think this weather event is going to be a bad one. Not like I'm getting older or anything, LOL
                The chickens are doing OK & I can't even tell you how many flocks we've been thru here. When they get too old & lazy we hand them over to our Amish neighbor.....and you know the rest.
                "Stella" is the name that I used collectively for all of my chickens, haha. I never bothered naming them individually because they all look alike anyway. I do have three black australorps now & they really stick out in a crowd of buff orpingtons

Pauly, the adults are always way more excited over those first few birthdays than the kids are, always. I hope Romeo enjoys his gifts whenever he gets around to them.

SK, so sorry to hear you are sick. Please stay hydrated at least even if you don't feel like eating much now.
                The political news here & across the pond is just ridiculous. I can't wait to get some sensible people back in charge of things.

PQ, it takes some time getting used to Windows 10 but you will. I still like the older OS much better.
                Hope you have a good evening.

Cyn, a day off for you - finally!
                Women never really get a day off, do they? Take care!

Hello to Det & Pie!

OK, the snow is here & now it can stop, LOL
                Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick,hope Bonnie is OK
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I hear you about getting sick of making the same old thing. I often wonder what else did I ever use to make! We're having hot chicken sandwiches tonight cutesy of store bought rotisserie chicken.

TG...a day off :welldone: Your really deserve it! I hope you enjoyed your day.

SK...that just sucks! I hope you're starting to feel better.

Mick...ah there you are, I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Bonnie is exactly where she should be and because of your excellent, attentive, loving care you got her in before things got worse. Sorry about the hassles driving through Manchester, you didn't need that! I'm excited that your trains are back and can't wait to see everything in action. I hope your having a peaceful sleep.

Sam...I installed Win 10 when it first came out too and then promptly uninstalled it! I upgraded all the computers at work about a year ago and am really happy with it now. It was just so frustrating coming home to Win 7 and not being able to do the same things I do at work. Driver's are still an issue though and will be downloading them as I reinstall my programs. You be safe this weekend.

Lav...31! we are at 3! and the wind IS bone chilling. Dark, overcast and fog. It has been snowing since midnight last night but it's the light fluffy stuff so that's ok. Supposed to stop overnight and temps rising with another chinook. It appears the polar vortex is staying north of us as it head towards you. Sorry about that. I am getting quite adept at Win 10, just don't like Microsoft forcing you to use their programs so have spent many hours changing app defaults to what I want instead.

Shout out to Det and Pi...hope all is well in your worlds. Got to feed the tummy now. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all..how are we then ...good I hope ..what a nightmare last night was ..I hate Manchester as a city..and yet again I think Ive got to do it again ..Phoned ther vets Bonnie had meds last night and was fed by syringe ,she will be assessed again this afternoon .Why did I ever take on rabbits ..ha ha .
                      Havent really had long to play with the locos yet but they look and sound good.. didnt sleep too well but hey cest la vie

hope everyone is well..

"I can understand that people feel embarrassed and humiliated about having to go to food banks," said Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg. "But, if they feel that strongly, why don't they just send their man-servants?"

I've been told by a vegan that I should grow my food, not hunt it.

Does anyone know how to grow bacon?

Archduke Franz Ferdinand and Prince Phillip.

The Dukes of hazard.

Diane Abbot on holiday in Vatican city

'Wow, if this is the Sixteen Chapel I'd love to see the other fifteen'

Sky News "Prince Philip driving a Range Rover went across a junction, hit 2 cars and rolled his car down an embankement before coming to a stop near a gate"

And to think that the BBC were worried who they should get to replace the Stig on Top Gear!!

Carpenters urgently required

Cabinet falling apart

Apply to 10 Downing Street

( no tools needed there’s plenty of them in the building )
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick I was surprised when I seen on the news that Prince wrecking,90 something is pretty up there to still be driving,hope to hear good news about Bonnie PQ,I bought hubs and Kell an air fryer for chrimbo that has a rotisserie attachment but I'm sure it wouldn't turn out as good as the store chicken,I should try it though,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, so sorry to hear about Bonnie, I hope she's doing better today. Also sorry about the drive through a city... that can really be taxing -good news on the train front!

SK, well shoot, you poor dear! That sounds truly terrible - is there a home nurse or someone who can come check you out? Really hope that you feel better today, yikes.

PPQ, I get very annoyed at all the computer and phone must-dos and automatic update whatnots. I like to pick my areas of change... glad that you are getting all set up the way you want it.

Sam, are you getting this bad weather also? Good luck!

Pauly, you sound like you have lots of good food gadgets around! I hope things are stable at the salon... you doing ok there?

Lav, I know you are hunkering down for this weekend, just as I am. I'm going to prep for power outage, just in case. I don't like it when these storms start with rain and ice, then switch to snow... so hard on the trees! My shovels are out and ready - of course HB is out of town this weekend... we'll see if he can get home on Sunday night.

Det, you are sounding good - what's cooking? Enjoy the rain while it lasts in LV...

Sending care and good vibes to all over the energy waves...

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...very understandable that you didn't sleep well last night. What's the word on Bonnie? I hope the vet said she could come home and that you have a restful sleep tonight. Sorry about sending the snow your way, we had lots so thought I'd share.

Pauly...I hope your day was a good one. An air fryer...hmmm. Let me know if the chicken works out. I think I'm going to treat myself to a T-fal Actifry Air Fryer, check it out here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...2a2ed1855eca5e Chicken cordon blue, fried potatoes and french green beans for supper tonight.

TG...I'm with you. Can't seem to make the sales clerks understand that I just want a phone to make phone calls. LOL You be safe with that storm blowing in and I hope HB makes it home on Sunday.

Lav...I hope you don't get clobbered this weekend. It was still cold here this morning but you could feel the temperature rising. It's currently 8F and I'll wake up to 37F :yay:

Off to start dinner, have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings folks!

Last night's snowfall really was just a thick coating. Tomorrow evening the rain begins, turns to snow then rain again while the temps plunge into the single digits. I am ready but I hate the power outages that come with these things. Having access to running water & flushing toilets is a big deal to me Not to mention having lights, heat & internet. I filled the iP with frozen chicken today & cooked it so I can make several meals.

Mick, thanks for the train video this afternoon. You have built yourself a regular city - call it Mickville, LOL
                              I hope Bonnie continues to recover so she can go home tomorrow

Pauly, I don't know anyone with an air fryer but my son got an electric smoker for Christmas. He's been smoking chicken, pork & all kinds of stuff.
                              I hope your weekend is a good one.

PQ, I'll take your winter weather this year & give you a break, ha ha! Not like we get a choice, do we?
                              One thing I don't like on my Windows 10 laptop is the Word program - or whatever they're calling it these days. Fortunately I don't have to use it a lot. I still have 2 big old computers in my shop, one just runs my embroidery machines & software. Hard to believe that a mere 30 years ago we never had these problems

Cyn, looks like Sunday evening is not going to be safe to travel. Maybe your husband should stay put & wait it out. The governor here has already declared a state of emergency so you don't want to put yourself on the highways.
                              All I have to do is walk across the driveway to get over to the chicken house & I won't even do that when the ice gets here, ugh! Let's hope the storms take a turn & go somewhere else!

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie,, hope you are all well.

SK, I sure hope you are feeling better today. Please check in when you can.

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello.

I'm recovering still, now it's mostly fatigue. Maybe it was a virus running thru my body no matter the cause it came was horrible and now better.

Sorry for the snow in the northeast. Here in TX we are going to be slammed by high winds tomorrow with a temp in the 20's. When we have the freezing alerts we have to open all cupboards and leave taps dripping.
                                Had a busy afternoon, taking Uber 3 x. This time I didn't have a deaf mute who couldn't read English or even read his navigator, I went to Sprint and they had a deal on Galaxy 9, so, I went for it. It will take time to get used to it and for me it's features are bigly and daunting. That comes from a low tech person who has difficulty with anything electronics wise.

Then I ubered to Walmart for some basic supplies, kitty kibble and litter. These few basics amounted to $189.:egad:

I told the driver I was not driving anymore so he asked about my car which we were stopped by and he wants a car for his teenager, so my SIL did some research and we got a value of it. Uber took my # so we'll see how much they offer. It had 74,000 miles when I bought it 3 yrs ago and it still hasn't rolled to 75,000 miles.! It just started thunder & lightening a few minutes ago, so we will have ice on the ground tomorrow.

At least I don't have to drive in it. :welldone:

Pauly, I need you to cut my hair, have a feeling you're really good at it, but an uber to Vegas would be pretty steep, lol.
                                Lav, I hope your chicks will be toasty. When I was a little girl my aunt would leave doors open and chickens were abundant.

Cyn stay where it's safe.

Sam, you've been having a lot of bad weather lately, so I hope you avoid the extremes this weekend.

Det, shout out to you, happy cooking - Julia Childs?

Hi to Pi.

Mick, sorry about Bonnie. Sending her good health and you to.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X