w/c 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c 20

Hey Lav...brag away, we've all had some wild weather, I think mother nature is ticked at carrot top and is showing him what climate change is really all about! My heart goes out to the Amish family. I don't think I'd be able to follow that custom either.

The meeting went ACE!
    10:15 assembled in boardroom
    10:25 potential client arrives to view the hall (forgot I had booked that appt.)
    11:10 rejoined meeting
    11:15 adjourned
    :allgood:

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ,glad the meeting went well chicken legs,mashed potatoes and probably broccoli for tonight,I absolutely hafta plan out dinner ahead of time or I get anxious about it,Mick,hope Bonnie continues to recover Lav,a high end salon is a whole nother enchilada that I don't feel like dealing with,I just want to go to a chain part time cuz I want a paycheck, this self employment is real hard when it comes to tax time Det,sounding great,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all ..how are we then? good I hope..it is really foggy over hre today ...cant even see the back garden properly ..Bonnie seems to be a lot better ...she is stillo n meds and still being a pain taking them..didntsleep well last night for some reason ..ok lets have afternoon tea ..posh eh?

hiya ppqp..wow thats some agenda . in discuss out look forward ...job done you missed out the card school ...yes iits pretty cold here again today yes did a little bit on the train electrics today...

hows you then pauly ..you ok ? what kind of job are you looking for ? I like the rabbits together and they def like being together...you have a good day...

hiya Lav how are you doing ?all good I hope ...I think a lot of the ability to do something so close to your heart is all about beliefs in the future or afterlife or whatever some faiths prefer to call it.i have seen some things that you wouldnt think were credible ,or do able , but their faiths in what the future holds ..So your kitchen is bare now is it?I get the same when Amy comes.I got about 30 primroses this morning... just brighten up the plant pots an the front of julies dads.

hiya everyone else hope you are well today...

I am sat at work at the monent at Wilkinson Sword in a compulsory lecture on the parts of the sword, starting from one end and going to the other, and until he is finished we can't go home.

So far he has told us about:
        Pommel - The end of the sword that the hilt is on.
        Hilt - The handle of the sword, a hilt is usually made from leather, wire or wood
        Guard - The metal piece that keeps an opponent's sword from sliding down over the hilt and cutting your hand
        Blade - The length of steel that forms the sword

Two hours we have been in here.

I wish he would just get to the point.

I asked the doctors receptionist out on a date, an acid tear ran down her cheek and the hair in her facial wart quivered,

"Why I'd love to, "she said, "I've never been asked out before. "

"OK, I replied, three weeks on Thursday, 9:15 am, don't be late or I'll have to re allocate it to someone else.

A man was driving down the M5 about 3am doing a 100 when he gets pulled over by the police.

The officer says in a thick west country accent "do you realise sir how dangerous it is to drive at such a high speeds on this motorway"
        The driver protests "it's 3am officer there's nobody else on the road I just want to get home"
        The copper says "you think its clear and safe but what if you had come round that bend sir and come across Mr fog"
        The man smiles and says smugly
        "I would simply put Mr foot, on Mr brake"

The copper growls "I SAID MIST, OR FOG"

Paul McCartney has decided to admit he's getting older and stop colouring his hair and has been spotted with his new grey mop top .

Before he got dye with a little help from his friends .
        Now it's can't dye me love .

"Alabama police shooting: Mobile officer killed; man charged with capital murder"

Actually, the capital of Alabama is Montgomery.

Mixing cannabis with cod liver oil is bad for your joints.

A young American tourist goes on a guided tour of a creepy old castle. At the end of the tour the guide asks her how she enjoyed it. She admits to being a bit worried about seeing a ghost in some of the dark cobwebby rooms and passages.

"Don't worry" says the guide, "I've never seen a ghost all the time I've been here".

"How long is that" asks the girl?

"About three hundred and twenty years".
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Just walked in from a scary drive home from NYC... what rain! Three hours of wipers on high speed. Just about to take a nap to de-stress, but wanted to say hi. I went into the city yesterday to move HB into his winter/spring rental apartment. Done and dusted, and now I am happy to be safely home.

Will check in later - glad to hear about Bonnie, the hunt for dopamine, sorry about your Amish friend Lav, good luck Pauly, good meeting PQ, and happy Pie day, Pi (even though it"s the wrong Pi...) hello to SK and Sam --

Comment

arf! arf! arf! arf! arf! arf! ABeroooos!

yep, barking mad apparently so neat to be in yet a continued sense of ease and tranquility... it would be creepy if it weren't
            so darn nice.

PPQ well done on the meet!
            ha! yep I'll just show up and plunk down my trailer in from of Pauly's house... she'd hardly notice this giant aluminum box blocking
            her entire house. yep, I'll be fine... did a video interview with an outfit that is enthusiastic about my background and a phone screen from
            an outfit that needs a salesman for cremation services.....hmmmm.

I'm planning to get both my DNA and my gut microbiome sequenced as soon as i can afford it. The combo will be about 400 bucks which
            is remarkably affordable now. I know... what a geek!

excellent gym and meeting again last night. nothing for today so I'm cooking up a curry for the kids and I.

sorry to hear 'bout the diabetes... it's just epidemic these days.. sad. Thankfully it can usually be reversed.

Mick, I subscribed to that youtube channel for a couple weeks now and enjoy her message. Grazie

Also REEEEEEELY enjoying the dharmapunx NYC podcasts. The perfect fusion of science and non-newagey spiritual/enlightenment for moi.
            Josh Korda is one wise cat.

Yesterday mornings run turned into a brisk walk as the groups founder and i had so much to chat about regarding recovery and plans for expanding
            endureLV and FITribe in the area. She is modeling it after the Colorado outfit 'the phoenix' which is truly inspiring. I may be teaching some photography
            and/or martial arts for her group in the near future.

Lav, sounding good despite the vicissitudes of existence. Likewise Tree.
            SK, Sam... all spiffy?

off to curry

be well loves. and always remember: arf! arf! arf! arf!
            Last edited by Determinator; January 24, 2019, 06:22 PM.
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers or is that arf! arf! arf!!!!

We've had another goofy weather day here. Heavy rain overnight & this morning though it was nearly 60 degrees, what?? Now it's dry outside, windy & near freezing. Just lit the fire to warm up the old bones, geez.

Mick, you have weather oddities too I think. Don't know what hat to wear, huh?
              Glad Bonnie is doing well. Tell her I said 'Good job'
              It's way too early to buy any plants around here yet but I know the Amish growers are busy growing them.

Det, you probably could make a very effective salesman, regardless of the product, LOL
              Sometimes a job is just a job, just a paycheck & there's nothing wrong with that. A chance to teach photography would be pretty cool too, nice.
              My daughter & I both did the DNA thing 2 years ago, we used different companies. I found out a lot more about my mother's family than they ever knew, interesting.

Cyn, your drive must have been quite intense, I can imagine. Glad you are home safe & sound.
              Hope you got some rest.

Pauly, I know the pain of being self-employed at tax time. It's also a pain when you're retired & dealing with pensions & SS income, investment income & all that. I pay the $$ to get the accountant to manage it because it's way too confusing these days. I hope your search for new work finds something good for you.

PQ, wow, you really lucked out at that meeting, haha!!!
              I hope your luck continues

Hello to SK, Sam & Pie!

Let's all have a nice night & plenty of sleep for a change!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hiya all ..Happy Burns Day .how are we today then ?all good I hope ..Well tis raining here again today ..and guess what ..the window cleaner is here ..how does that work then? oh well..Bonnie seems ok again today ..the rain is on as I said so they are both playing in the garage well its easy to work out what Im having for tea ...haggis tatties and neeps ..

ok ..brew time ..

hiya pauly ..how are you today then? chicken broccoli and spuds ..sounds good to me ..I love chicken .I used to plan menus ,but that always went out of the window .have a great weekend

hiya treegirl ...wow thats some drive you had ...3 hours fast wiping ...??? bet your hands are aching..think you need to rest today !

hiya det ....howsyou then mate? glad that you looked at that channel..I find it pretty interesting too .. a good walk is actually better than running ...This July Im walking the Brecon Beacons for charity ...theres a few of us ..I did it millions of years ago as a soldier ....not quite in the same spirit tho ...this time theres no pack on my back ,no screaming staff ,no ambushes and no vehicles that you run up to which suddenly drive off!!It sounds like you are doing good mate ...keep it up .

hiya ppqp ...how are you then? havent seen you on here for ages ...ok a day ..hope you are ok and well ...its Friday so I guess its cards afternoon hope you win

hiya Lav yep more mad weather ...its raining here the forecast is blustery ,showery cold ,frosty brighter ...they never mentioned sun tho ...Im supposed to be out detecting on sunday ...we shall see..Yes Bonnie is doing good ..last day of meds so Im sure it will get spat all over me later ..Ive seen daffodils out already ...spring is here .....wish someone would tell the weather organiser ...take care have a good weekend

hiya everyone else hope your weekend is good ...

Open Door Policy
                The doorbell rang this morning. When I opened the door, there was my mother-in-law on the front step.
                She said, 'Can I stay here for a few days?'
                I said, 'Sure you can.' And shut the door.

Newlywed Surprise
                The newlywed wife, Monica, said to her husband , Nick, when he returned from work, 'I have great news for you. Pretty soon we're going to be three in this house instead of two.'
                Nick started glowing with happiness and kissing Monica purred, 'Oh darling, I'm the happiest man in the world.'
                Monica smiled and added, 'I'm glad that you feel that way, Nick, because tomorrow morning my mother moves in with us.'

In the middle of the defensive wall at a free kick, the left back took the ball right in the crotch and he passed out from the pain.

When he woke up he found himself in the local hospital. Though still in pain, he asked the doctor, "Doc, is it bad, will I be able to play again"?

"Yes, you should be able to", replied the doctor.

"Oh, great. So I can play for my club again? said the man, feeling much relieved?

"Well, just as long as they've got a women's team", said the doctor.

Did you hear about the 83-year-old woman who talked herself out of a speeding ticket; she told the young officer that she had to get there before she forgot where she was going?

Makes perfectly good sense to me.....

A Year 5 teacher was giving her Primary pupils a lesson in developing logical thinking.

"This is the scene", said the teacher.

"A man is standing up in a boat in the middle of a river, fishing. He loses his balance, falls in, and begins splashing and yelling for help.

His wife hears the commotion, knows he can't swim, and runs down to the bank. Why do you think she ran to the bank"?

A little girl raised her hand and asked, "To draw out all his savings"?

A married man left work early one Friday, but instead of going home, he spent the weekend partying with the boys.

When he finally returned home on Sunday night, his wife really got on his case and stayed on it.

After 30 minutes of swearing and screaming, his wife paused and pointed at him and made him an offer.

“How would you like it if you didn’t see me for a couple of days..."?

The husband couldn’t believe his luck, he looked up, smiled and said, “That would suit me just fine”!!

Monday went by, and the man didn’t see his wife.

Tuesday and Wednesday went by and he still didn’t see her.

Come Thursday, the swelling went down a bit and he could see her a little out of the corner of his left eye.

On a chain of beautiful deserted islands in the middle of nowhere, the following people are stranded.

. Two Italian men and one Italian woman
                . Two French men and one French woman
                . Two German men and one German woman
                . Two Greek men and one Greek woman
                . Two English men and one English woman
                . Two Bulgarian men and one Bulgarian woman
                . Two Japanese men and one Japanese woman
                . Two Chinese men and one Chinese woman
                . Two Irish men and one Irish woman
                . Two American men and one American woman

One month later, the following things have occurred:

One Italian man killed the other Italian man for the Italian woman.

The two French men and the French woman are living happily together in Ménage à Trois .

The two German men have a strict weekly schedule of alternating visits with the German woman.

The two Greek men are sleeping with each other and the Greek woman is cleaning and cooking for them.

The two English men are waiting for someone to introduce them to the English woman.

The two Bulgarian men took one look at the Bulgarian woman and started swimming to another island.

The two Japanese have faxed Tokyo and are awaiting instructions.

The two Chinese men have set up a pharmacy-liquor- store-restaurant-laundry, and have gotten the woman pregnant in order to supply employees for their store.

The two Irish men divided the island into North and South and set up a distillery. They do not remember if sex is in the picture because it gets somewhat foggy after a few liters of coconut whiskey. However, they are satisfied because the English are not having any fun.

The two American men are contemplating suicide, because the American woman will not shut up and complains relentlessly about:

o Her body

o The true nature of feminism

o What the sun is doing to her skin

o How she can do anything that they can do

o The necessity of fulfillment

o The equal division of household chores

o How sand and palm trees make her look fat

o How her last boyfriend respected her opinion and treated her nicer than they do

o How her relationship with her mother is the root cause of all her problems

o Why didn't they bring a damn cell phone so they could call 911 and get them all rescued off this lord-forsaken deserted island in the middle of nowhere so she can get her nails done and go shopping.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE all -

Mick, great news about Bonnie, I hope she keeps it up (I love the visual of her being picky about the meds...��) Sorry about your rain - you are seeing daffodils? Wow, we are months away from that...

Lav, glad that you and the girls got through the frosty nights OK... sounds like next weekend will be some "Siberian something-or-other coming our way" keep the warmer handy! I'm sorry for the Amish family... I just read recently that it is a real thing, dying of a broken heart... as Mick said, something to do with the heart valves suddenly malfunctioning... so sad.

PPQ, happy Friday! Sounds like things are peeking along in your corner of the world - with wacky weather like ours!

SK, I hope your computer part arrives and fixes everything. Are the kitties keeping you entertained? Hope you are healing well throughout.

Det, you sound great. Good luck with the impending move of your "house" sorry you have to transition. Thanks to you and Mick, I watched a bit of Annie Grace - sounds very interesting - I love all things Brain-related. Glad you have found groups that are fulfilling and worthy.

Pauly, being self-employed my whole life, I get why you just want someone else to do all the paperwork! I am already starting on taxes - since I couldn't get to ours last year until October, we paid penalties... grrrr!!! Good luck in your search.

Hi to Pi and Sam, hope things are going well for you ---

Will be working today, with a quiet night tonight, just me and the pooch.. I did rest a bit yesterday, but then spent the whole evening getting a grip on our finances... too much traveling and chaos in December and up until now! I think I got to the bottom of it all last night; with two businesses to bookeep for, it is always a challenge.

Wishing all a centered day. To the light!

Comment

MAE ALL....

The video card fan finally arrived yesterday. It took most of the night to take all the "guts" out of the laptop and then rebuild it. So far so good, no noise! Will check in again tonight and catch up on everyone's yesterday. Have a Fantastic Friday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,cute jokes Cyn,taxes are a pia! Jeez,remember the lady who got fired cuz she was sleeping in the back at work? Anyways she's trying to file for unemployment for the two months she worked there! First of all its a booth rental shop,second she didn't work there long enough anyways, grrrr,now the state is gonna send in an auditor to make sure we're self employed and who knows what kind of can of worms that'll open,then another guy who just got fired(the one who left a horrible review online) has consulted an attorney to get his job back or be compensated,just too much going on and it has my nerves pulsing,it doesn't effect me directly but there's a trickle down effect depending on how that audit goes,not sure the owner is running it properly,eeks! I put out a few applications,I'm sure I'll be OK but I hate change! PQ,hubs is addicted to Rubios fish taco platter now,so I'll get him that and pick us up something edible haha! do they have that chain up there? I'm always interested in Canadian places that doffer,lots of Canadians on myfitnesspal and they post yum foods we don't get here much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABeroooskies!

Mick, hope you make it detecting Sun and show us your shiny prizes.

PPQ, didn't know you had computer tech skills... what a talented gang we have here

Treegirl, here's more brain candy. Podcast that rocks: Dharma Punx NYC + Brooklyn

and hardcore neuroscience of addiction The Neuroscience of Addiction - with Marc Lewis - YouTube

Lav, sounds like it's hard to plan with weather like that. Awesome you got your DNA profile done, I'll be next
                        hopefully soonish.

followup call from the home security system tech job today and they really liked my video conference and want to
                        set up another interview. Hate getting my hopes up anymore after the last surprise but this one is looking solid.

Pauly, that sounds like a big pile of no fun at all. Hope it settles with minimum drama.

just found out today that it's a freaking felony in NV to collect your own rain water. seriously! the state even flies drones
                        around to see if anyone has any catchment systems including even a bucket. WTF happened to this country? we used to
                        have at least a semblance of freedom which has been replaced by a dystopian bureaucracy that used to only exist in
                        bleak sci fi stories.

on a brighter note i found a fun new coffee shop today. I've been on a mission to find new coffee shops (independent ones) every
                        day that i can. It's a fun little mini-adventure.

hmmm no idea what I'm doing this weekend aside from RR meets and gym. pictures! ok then...

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Where are you finding all the cool coffee shops Det?

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Not much happening in Lav-land today. Tomorrow daughter, granddaughter & SIL plan to visit & they will be bringing a case of Girl Scout cookies - just when you really don't need the extra calories, haha! I buy a case & give away as many as possible

Mick, I had to look up your meal ~
                            Haggis, Tatties, and Neeps Recipe for Burn's Night
                            I'll take the vegan haggis please
                            Sunday may not be a good detecting day for you. I hear we have another hit of artic air moving this way. Glad I baked extra seed rings for the chickens, LOL
                            Bonnie sounds like she's back to normal, good!

The DNA stuff is interesting Det. We grew up knowing that my mother's family was from Poland & possibly the Ukraine. I now know that way, way back these folks originated in Algeria, made their way to France & eventually to eastern Europe. Talk about migration, huh?
                            The job for the security systems sounds good, I hope it comes to fruition. In the meantime get out with your camera & have some fun
                            Maybe you & Pauly should open a coffee shop HINT HINT!!!!

Pauly, you are not liable for any IRS errors your shop owner may have made. You have a record of your monthly rental payments, that's all you can be responsible for, right?
                            Enjoy your non-winter weather this weekend & have fun with the kids, OK?

Cyn, we have giant puddles all over the area from the heavy rains this week. They're freezing up in the middle of the farmer's fields since the ground is frozen. I have a friend who live sin MN & he said they're having -25 temps, BRRRRRRRR!!!
                            Our tax package from the accountant arrived to day so we have to gather what he needs & send it off. Maybe the IRS will actually be working to process all these returns, geez.

PQ, glad your computer is alive & seemingly well!

Hello to SK & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....:yay: It's the weekend!

TG...glad you made it home safe and sound yesterday. I've driven in those down pours before but definitely not for 3 hours! Geeze. Intrigued about HB and his living arrangements, I make up lots of stories. LOL I'm planning on a quiet night as well tonight. I hear you about the bookkeeping. My ex had 5 companies going at one point, can you say Bipolar? Never used to watch the weather network but I do now. We're heading up to 57 tomorrow and then down to 33 and snow on Sunday.

Det...computer tech skills can be a real nightmare at times. I left that type of work more than 25 years ago, too demanding with the constant changes. When I started working at the community centre the boss was very computer illiterate and refused to enter the 21st century. The board of directors put their foot (feet) down and insisted we get with times so I did get drawn back in. It's ok as I'll do what I feel comfortable with and then call in an IT expert for all the crap jobs. LOL The home security tech job sounds really interesting, I think you'd be great at it, more so than the cremation sales job. With another interview it does sound promising. "it's a freaking felony in NV to collect your own rain water" you've got to be kidding. What's up with that? I know with our Community Garden we're not allowed to collect rain water from roofs due to contamination but that's about it. Pictures sound like a good idea this weekend, we haven't seen any for awhile.

Mick...yup, I think I handled that meeting pretty good. LOL Hope you got a better nights sleep last night. Raining and the window washers show up, but of course. Did you have your haggis tatties and neeps? Of course I had to google neeps! You couldn't pay me enough to eat haggis! No cards today, that usually happens on Wednesday's but I've been a little busy at work lately and couldn't justify the time. I'll have to get some playing in next week. Got your train video but haven't been able to watch it, will do so after I post. Glad Bonnie is better and the meds are finished. What do you mean daffodils are up!!!!

Pauly...wow you've got some drama going on at work. Didn't know about the lady who got fired because she was sleeping. LOL And jerk face has raised his ugly head again! Your boss should counter sue for damages. Like you say it doesn't affect you directly, Just be thankful you don't own the business. Nope, we don't have Rubios here and I'm not a fan of fish tacos. I think it's tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for me tonight. Please pass along any suggestions from you myfitnesspal's, any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

***Just lost my post - clicked on the wrong button*** Thank you auto save!

Lav...I had to look up Mick's menu as well. Oh no, not another round of arctic air! Ooooh I like the Pauly & Det Coffee Shop, think of all the pics that would be on the walls! It is nice to have my laptop back and it seems to be working fine. Knock Wood! Enjoy your visit with the girls tomorrow and hand those cookies out quick!

Pi...happy belated PI day. Think of you often.

Off to get my dinner started. Have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav,a coffee shop would be cool,,,,if I could lay off drinking the supply haha! Was just looking at the laws for booth rental salons and I guess they're not allowed to fire people,,they hafta go thru an eviction process, grr,not sure what'll go on up there,good news for today is I was decorating for valentines day and found the beautiful lace hearts you sent last year,lovely surprise to find at the bottom of the decoration box and I think of you when I see them on the wall

Comment

Working...
                                X