Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: feb fird

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the tip with the kettle, I'll give it a try. It probably doesn't matter what kind of pan I use as it cooks in the water, right? Still cold here but the sun was out today. We should get a bit of a break on Thursday, up to 15. Sure glad I'm not hauling kids to and from daycare, sports, activities etc. Looking forward to seeing all your houses and shops.

TG...that's the first thing I noticed, the couple with his arm around her.

Pauly...I'm dragging here too. Everything is such an effort in this weather.

SK...Ill take your 43 anytime. I bet you've got a headache! Glad you were able to get checked out though.

Det...I'll gladly pass on the 'way too freaking cold' award! Congrats on you passing your exam, you're right at least you've got the certification. Can you tell us any more about what the other job is? Just curious. Thanks for the mental health link, I'll be checking that out next.

Lav...will check back to see how your day was.

It was a constant kind of work day. Managed to get a lot completed so I'm ready for the next onslaught. There's always another onslaught! Not sure what's for dinner, maybe breakfast. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

It was another nice day here so we took a ride up to the outlets for a little shopping
      Got a few things for my granddaughter's upcoming birthday on the 26th. She's turning 8 already, geez.

Mick, I meant to mention before YB does have a few orchids in the greenhouse & they're very nice. It's just when you go to Longwood Gardens & see the thousands they have, haha!!!
      I picked up some seeds there to plant in the spring - humming bird garden like last year & a few other things. Now I just have to be patient & wait
      Can you run electric to your rabbit hutch for that water bottle? I love the warmer we have for the chickens, works great.
      I just had to mute the TV because 45 is taking over all the TV stations for his state of the union speech. I cannot tolerate the sound of his voice

Pauly, chins up - we are half way thru winter or more & the sun will come back, I promise.

Det, congrats on passing your test, good work!!!!

Thanks for the link. I'll watch it now while 45 is taking up perfectly good air time, haha!!!

PQ, glad to hear you are warming up a bit, geez.
      I love breakfast for dinner once in a while especially because I never eat that stuff for breakfast, haha!!!

SK, good to see you here.
      Sorry about the headache, geez. I hope the ENT can find some relief for you. Take care of yourself :hug:

Hello to Cyn, hope you had a good day!

Hello to Pie & Sam too.

Have a nice night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all..how are we then today?good I hope ..its sunny outside but pretty cold too.both the peskies are outside at the moment playing ..ok so lets get a brew on the go then.

hiya Lav how are you doing today?bit of retail therapy was it?8 ? isnt that scary?when I first came here she was 1 !!So yb grows orchids ?what kind ? the small ones or otherwise?Yes I can put leccy to the rabbit hutch I have got it running to the greenhouse ...its just one of these eejits would eat it!!There is another rabbit in the rescue ...a Harlequin dutch rabbit ..I was so so tempted ..but it isnt fair on these 2..I thought the state of the union speech was supposed to be a rousting speech for the nation ...as an outsider I thought it was crap!

hiya ppqp ...how are you then today? hope alli s good with you ..next time I poach an egg Ill take a pic of it!I got some more buildings yesterday to messabout with ...once they are done Ill take a pic of them all with the little quirky bits..glad the sun is out sounds pretty similar to here ..have a decent day ..

hiya pauly ..big waves to you ..you ok today?

hey det how are you then ? good it sounds ...congrats on passing the exam....YThe twilight zone ?wow going back a wee bit arent we?

hiya SK ..how are you?hope you get that vertigo sorted out..your temps sound better than ours!!!!!

hia everyone else ...

Man has sex with his BMW.

A court heard how Michael Jameson, 37, climbed out of his car window, took off all his clothes and began simulating sex with his car.
        When police arrived he was lay beneath the X5 humping the wheel arch.

So nothing new there then.
        A BMW with a massive d.ck in it .

Sounds a bit racist but all Liam Neeson movies look the same to me

I asked this lady if I could touch her hair. She said "yes."

I rubbed my finger across her top lip.

That's when the fight started!

Scotland Yard investigates as the world's most famous detective is found bludgeoned to death on his doorstep at 221b Baker Street - Holmes Under the Hammer.

As my old Grandad was so fond of saying , "When you're in a hole stop digging".
        Cost him his job in the graveyard , though.

I rubbed an old lamp I found and a Genie appeared. He said, " I'll grant you one wish - choose wisely."

I replied, "I wish that everything I wish for comes true."

I told my therapist about how when I was younger, I walked into my parents' bedroom and saw them completely naked and having sex !

"And this traumatised you ?" she asked.

"Not really, but they were certainly shocked by it... They said, 'Son, you're supposed to be at University !'."

Riding my motorcycle, I did a huge sneeze into my full face helmet. Couldn't see a thing and ran up the arse of a car.

I blame it on the boogie.

I'm really good at Impressions.
        Ok, I lied, I'm not really.
        That's my impression of Potus

I rubbed an old lamp and a genie didn't appear.
        Just this guy from my electric company looking for a payment plan before they could reconnect me.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, I didn't watch the state of the union address but nothing musta stood out cuz I don't see many highlights in the news,I'm tired of all of it anyways haha still cold here but hopefully sunny today,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings, Abbers!

Well, the "maybe we'll put the house on the market" timetable has been seriously moved up! We spoke with our realtor (a friend and a colleague as well). She is coming over tomorrow evening to review the house with me... turns out the market up here in no-where's-Ville is really hot right now, so we're going to move ahead. It's the first time I've though to bless all that mold I had to deal with in the fall - it certainly started an important ball rolling, with all the throwing out and donating that it started. In fact, I've continued it - every time I go to our Transfer Station ( garbage, recycling, and Swap Shop) I take a laundry basket full of giveaways for people... feels great. You would think that I of all people would have stayed on top of decluterring, but... anyway, catching up now!

Mick, adorable pic of those two! Life transitions; moving, divorce, ill health, decluttering. What I am learning is that Change is an external shift, it happens and you're done. But Transitions are an internal shift, has stages, and takes some time to traverse. I find the theories interesting. PPQ, sheesh, that weather is brutal, hoping that it moves out soon. Lav, I definitely have some post-snow cleanup to do, out in the yard, but still, eeeeuwww.. Det, congrats on the Certificate, well done. This cake is made with almond meal and coconut flour, 4 eggs, a bunch of spices, that's it. Dense and yummy. Thx for the link! Pauly, here's a shot in the arm for those winter blahs... you guys are so much colder than usual! SK dear, hope that all gets right-side up and comfy for you soon. Good luck with the doc!Hello to Sam and Pi...

OK, have clients and a long To Do list... must get to it. Wishing all a wonderful Hump Day!

Comment

X-post, Pauly! Sending you lots of lightness!

Comment

Cyn,I want the recipe for the cake please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE All...

Mick...thanks for the offer of a pic of your poached egg, I can use all the help I can get. The little quirky bits are the best part of your town. Sunny again today and not quite as bitterly cold, mid minus teens instead of minus twenty's. Apparently it's going to hang around for awhile. Just hope it doesn't turn into freezing rain like it did in eastern Canada. Got some more work assignments completed today and even took a break and played cards for an hour.

Pauly...I flipped over to the speech for awhile but didn't watch for long. I loved Nancy's facial expressions though. Tacos for supper tonight!

TG..."You would think that I of all people would have stayed on top of decluterring" I think that's hilarious. Good luck planning the sale of your house. Sometimes when things happen out of the blue it's the best.

Lav...I see your light on so we'll see who hits Post Quick Reply first. LOL

Waves (couldn't find the emoji) to Det, Sam and Pi.

Off to get supper started then it's bundle up time. I picked up 2 new books today so have to decide which one to start with. Have a restful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

While I'm sitting here reading MWO on my laptop I am also having a chat with my daughter on messenger on the iPad, haha! No wonder it takes me so long to get anything done

Mick, I'm guessing you watched more of the SOTU than I did! I seriously cannot stand the sound of his voice, makes me cringe. I've read may accounts today & they all pretty much say the same thing ~ he made an ass of himself again, nothing new. I signed up for a text alert to notify me when the Democratic speaker came on afterwards, Stacey Abrams. She would be the first female governor of the state of Georgia right now if she hadn't been cheated out of votes!!!!!!!
                    Stupid, hateful politics!
                    YB has a couple of different orchids growing & I can't think of the names of them at the moment, haha. I'll get back to you on that.

Pauly, we are all experiencing new weather phenoms in our individual areas. But the Republicans don't seem to give a damn.

Cyn, moving? WOW!!!
                    I wish you great luck & lots & lots of energy for that undertaking :hug:
                    I hope the weather gives you a break. We're getting rain right now but that's better than snow. It's gradually getting colder too so I guess the early spring is not going to happen.

PQ, glad you are not super frozen but still...….
                    Enjoy your books!

Hello to Det, Pie, SK & Sam.

I wasn't exactly a ball of energy today, just took care of the important stuff.
                    Must be something about this age, haha!!!!!

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ..tis a big welcome from rainysville this morning ..raining and blowing a hooley here..rabbits are in the hutch happy little chappies ,all snug.how are we today peeps ..all good I hope.shall we have a brew?
                      hiya teegee ..hows you then?how did the realtor meeting go?Strike while the iron is hot ..get it done!!thanks for clearing up the meaning too.Isnt that the way ? the chief person to show folks how to declutter and ye it isnt applicable at home?thats us all I guess....hope you have a good day.

hiya sk ..how are you then today? hope all is well .have you sorted out the passwords and tinternet...?

hi pauly ..hows smileysville today?you good ?well you will be once you get the cheesecake recipe...have a good day.

hiya ppqp ..hows Canadia today then?cold n sunny ..hope work didnt spoil your card game!Im making another couple of model buildings for the railway a cinema and a couple of shops ..Ive also made some trees ,so once Im sorted I will put them up.what books did you get ? Im in the middle of reading the latest Jack Reacher book ..Past Tense..have a good day .

hiya Lav how are you today then?good I hope..

yep I heard the speech ....my thoughts?pleased that we lost that bit of a scuffle in the 1700s! and that his ma decided to go to americasville !!Have you ever seen John Culshaw ...he is a brill impersonator ...here you go

Comedian Jon Culshaw Impersonates Donald Trump - YouTube

I wonder if Trump realises his biggest contribution to the world of comedy...hope you have a good day

big hiya to everyone else

A rabbit walks into a pub and says to the barman "Can I have a pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie?". The barman is amazed but gives the rabbit a pint of beer and a ham and cheese toastie. The rabbit drinks the beer and eats the toastie, he then leaves.

The following night the rabbit returns and again asks for a Pint of Beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie. The barman, now intrigued by the rabbit and the extra drinkers in the pub (because word gets round) gives the rabbit the pint and the toastie. The rabbit consumes them and leaves.

The next night, the pub is packed, in walks the rabbit and says "A pint of beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, please barman". The crowd is hushed as the barman gives the rabbit his pint and toastie and then burst into applause as the rabbit wolfs them down.

The next night there is standing room only in the pub, coaches have been laid on for the crowds of patrons attending, and the barman is making more money in one week than he did all last year. In walks the rabbit and says, "A Pint of Beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, please barman", smiling and accepting the tributes of the masses.

The barman says, "I'm sorry rabbit, old mate, old mucker but we are right out of them Ham and Cheese Toasties".

The rabbit looks aghast; the crowd has quietened to almost a whisper, when the barman clears his throat nervously and says, "We do have a very nice Cheese and Onion Toastie".

The rabbit looks him in the eye and says, "Are you sure I will like it?" The masses bated breath is ear shatteringly silent.

The barman, with a roguish smile says "Do you think that I would let down one of my best friends, I know you'll love it".

"Ok" says the rabbit," I'll have a Pint of Beer and a Cheese and Onion Toastie". The pub erupts with glee as the rabbit quaffs the beer and guzzles the toastie, he then waves to the crowd and leaves....

.....NEVER TO RETURN!!!!!!

One year later in the now impoverished public house, the barman (who has only served 4 drinks tonight, 3 of which were his) calls time. When he is cleaning down the now empty bar, he sees a small white form, floating above the bar.

The barman says, "Who are you" To which he is answered, "I am the ghost of the rabbit that used to frequent your public house".

The barman says, "I remember you, you made me famous, you would come in every night and have a Pint of Beer and a Ham and Cheese Toastie, masses came to see you and this place was famous"

The rabbit says, "Yes I know".

The barman said, "I remember, on your last night we didn't have any Ham and Cheese Toasties, you had a Cheese and Onion one instead"

The rabbit said "Yes, you promised me that I would love it".

The barman said "You never came back, what happened?"

"I DIED", said the Rabbit.

"NO!" said the barman, "what from".

After a short pause, the rabbit said...

"Mixin'-me-toasties".

Four married blokes go fishing. After an hour, the following conversation took place:

First bloke: "You have no idea what I had to do to be able to come fishing this weekend. I had to promise my wife I will paint every room in the house next weekend."

Second bloke: "That's nothing; I had to promise my wife I will a build new pool deck.

Third bloke: "Man, you both have it easy! I had to promise to remodel the kitchen."

They continue fishing then realize the fourth bloke hasn't said a word. So they ask him. "You haven't said what you had to do to come fishing. What's the deal?"

Fourth bloke: "I just set my alarm for 5:30 am. It went off, I shut it off, gave the wife a nudge and said, "Fishing or Sex" She said, "Wear sun-block."

Larry finally found the nerve to tell his fianc้e that he had to break off their engagement so he could marry another woman.

"Can she cook like I can?" the distraught woman asked between sobs.

"Not on her best day," he replied.

"Can she buy you expensive gifts like I do?"

"No, she's broke."

"Well, then, is it sex?"

"Nobody does it like you, babe."

"Then what can she do that I can't?"

"... Sue me for child support."
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mse everybody, I didn't get the bunny joke? Someone help me haha been cold here so its just annoying and no I won't be complaining when it's hot again,feels like the longest winter ever for us Vegas peeps,poor LB got rear ended yesterday, she's fine but it totaled her new car she just got,I'm just grateful to no end that she's OK,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Comment

Pauly Myxomatosis is a disease that affects rabbits, caused by the myxoma virus. It was first observed in Uruguay in laboratory rabbits in the late 19th century. It was introduced into Australia in 1950 in an attempt to control the rabbit population (see Rabbits in Australia). Affected rabbits develop skin tumors, and in some cases blindness, followed by fatigue and fever; they usually die within 14 days of contracting the disease.

myxamatosis mixin ma toasties ...yeah????

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanks for the explanation of "Mixin'-me-toasties" Mick. I was going to try to look that up
                            So you had rain & wind today, we had clouds & temps in the mid 50's. Next Monday & Tuesday don't look so good though.

Pauly, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad she's OK. I know it would worry me too but we have to be grateful everything turned out OK :hug:

I have the boys here this evening & hope their mother gets here by 9 pm. She's coming from quite a distance so I have to be patient.
                            As long as they stay relatively sane, it's OK, haha!!

Hello to the rest of the crew - Det, Cyn, PQ, Sam, SK & Pie.

I hope everyone has a restful night.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...no rain here thank god and it actually went up to 20F today. Dropping to -6F with snow tonight and the weekend is going to be another marathon jammy one. I haven't read a Jack Reacher story for awhile, must check out what the latest one is. I just picked up a JD Robb and Lisa Jackson book. I haven't bought a book in ions since the Little Free Library but couldn't find anything that interested me. I needed something for the long cold weekend. It'll be great to see all the new additions to the train town and of course you know I'm expecting Xmas lights at Christmas time.

Pauly...I didn't get the joke either and apparently a lot of other people didn't. When I googled "mixin'-me-toasties" first thing that came up was I don't get this joke. That wasn't you was it? LOL Was hoping we'd get off easy this winter with such a fabulous January but I knew it was too good to be true. Feels like our winter has only just begun. I'm glad LB is ok.

Lav...earlyish post for you tonight. Probably had to get it in during a break, what with having the g/kids over. 9 pm, that's my bedtime!

Very strange day at work, the phone was ringing off the hook. People looking at room rentals for this month and next. Not sure what's going on. At least the day went by fast. Have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

l LOST ANOTHER POST a post again. My visitor today was a bobcat! I was sitting by the window and was startled but was very impressed with it's accuracy and gentleness,
                                I guess it was chasing my fat squirrel. Gorgeous animal.

Went to dentist today, no cavities but bone loss requiring another dental implant.

PPQ, there have been a series of articles regarding how Canada has accepted refugees by adopting a family for a year allowing them to learn English and a skill and Trudeau's gov't financially supporting them during the transition. I am a proud Canadian. There was one female who was was refused entry in Europe, so Trudeau met her at the airport with a welcome to Canada and a winter coat! He shames Trump, who is ignorant, fearful and spiteful.

Det, how's the new job going?

Hey Pauly, Det Sam TG and Lav.

Mick, don't you have a trip coming up?

Love to all.
                                Last edited by SKendall; February 7, 2019, 09:15 PM.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X