Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: w/c Feb 24

MAE ALL...

Det...the funeral was lovely. I was there to support my friend, only met her Mom a couple times. No ski trips in the near future, that was really a one off. The new gym sounds nice, how's their dress code?

Mick...we made it to 50 today, far cry from your 80. Glad you're continuing to feel better. The picture of the chinooks cracked me up, you still got it. How did pilates go? I've tried it once and never again.

Pauly..."I'm doing something with chicken tonight haha" LOL all kinds of responses came to mind. It's mac & cheese for us tonight.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, time to get out of the fancy duds and into PJ's. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Geez PQ, it was warmer in Canada today than it was here - how did that happen???
      They're talking about several small snow events coming up for us, oh well.

Mick, stop making me jealous of your spring blooms. Your bunnies are starting to look like professional models
      Apparently some of my way back relatives were Scottish too, how about that?

Det, glad you are getting over your cold. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction for you, yay!!!

I have a new Instant Pot project:
      Best Damn Instant Pot Egg Bites - RecipeTeacher
      I haven't tried them yet but will soon & make mine without dairy of course!

Pauly, you're lucky in that you already have a couple of grandkids to turn your attention to. I wandered around hopeless, sad & extremely lonely for several years before the grandkids started appearing. I started raising chickens, adopting dogs & doing whatever I could to relieve the empty nest blues.
      It's funny, on the one hand you are relieved when the kids are grown & have turned out OK but on the other hand you feel the loss of their constant presence. We have to find just the right substitutes.

Hello to SK, hope you are feeling better!

Hi to Cyn, Pie & Sam.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav

Check out the article on Popular Beer and Wine Brands Contaminated With Monsanto's Weedkiller, Tests Reveal - EcoWatch
      Now you really don't ever want to drink wine or beer ever again, yuck
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
        I have a new Instant Pot project:
        Best Damn Instant Pot Egg Bites - RecipeTeacher
        I haven't tried them yet but will soon & make mine without dairy of course!(
        OK...now I think you've got me convinced to buy an IP. Those look great, waiting for the review.
        Last edited by porqoui; February 27, 2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

morning all...how are se today then?all good I hope .Im aching after going to Pilates yesterday ,I consider myself fairly fit ,but wow ,that ached this morning .I enjoyed tho ..I will go again next week.Well the temps have dropped today ..a lot cooller ,but its 13 degrees ,which is still high for February ..both the peskies are out playing.

lets have a brew and see how it goes.

Awright then Mac Lav...said in broad jockanese!! how are you doing today ?hope all is well ..really chuffed ..I thought I had lost my little bougainvillea but there are shoots taking off ..Strangely enuff I dont suffer from empty nest syndrome ...empty head syndrome yes!
          Yes they are a pair of posers ..arent they? have a good day .

hiya ppqp..hows you then ...?still chasing helicopters?yep went to pilates ...that was supposed to be the easy class too.but I enjoyed it though.hows the work going?has the co-ordinator co-ordinated yet?

hiya pauly ,how are you today then?are you feeling any better ?hope so ...what did you do with the chicken last night?have a great day..

hiya sam sk pie teegee and everyone else ..hope you are good too..

Pakistan has shot down 2 Indian Jet fighters.

Using sophisticated Sikh - Heating missiles.

Tony the Granelli's italian ice cream salesman used to be a big hit with the ladies round my parish.

Nowadays the man that used to make passionate love to the girls morning, noon and night has erectile dysfunction.

He now works for Mr Softee

I walked into the local jewellers holding a long pork sausage.

The saleslady immediately said to me, "Sir, you can't eat in here."

"No," I replied.... "Find a large ring and see if it fits this; it's the same size as my wife's finger !"

Why do UFOs only ever land in heavy fog?

Inventing a "smart drawer" that gets your clothes out for you.
          , will keep you guys posted as things unfold

1. What did the Buddhist ask the hot dog vendor?
          “Make me one with everything.”

2. You know why you never see elephants hiding up in trees?
          Because they’re really good at it.

3. What is red and smells like blue paint?
          Red paint.

4. A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
          5. Where does the General keep his armies?
          In his sleevies!

6. Why aren’t koalas actual bears?
          The don’t meet the koalafications.

7. A bear walks into a restaurant and say’s “I want a grilllllled………………………………………cheese.” The waiter says “Whats with the pause?”
          The bear replies “Whaddya mean, I’M A BEAR.”

8. What do you call bears with no ears?
          B

9. Why dont blind people skydive?
          Because it scares the crap out of their dogs.

10. I went in to a pet shop. I said, “Can I buy a goldfish?” The guy said, “Do you want an aquarium?”

I said, “I don’t care what star sign it is.”

11. What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac, and an agnostic?
          Someone who lays awake at night wondering if there is a dog.

12. A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, “Hey, you’ve got a steering wheel on your pants.”
          The pirate says, “Arrrr, I know. It’s driving me nuts.”

13. I saw a wino eating grapes.
          I told him, you gotta wait. (Mitch Hedberg)

14. What’s brown and sticky?
          A stick.

15. What does a pepper do when it’s angry?
          It gets jalapeño face!

16. What’s a foot long and slippery?
          A slipper.

17. Two gold fish are in a tank.
          One looks at the other and says, “You know how to drive this thing?!”

18. Two soldiers are in a tank.
          One looks at the other and says, “BLUBLUBBLUBLUBBLUB.”

19. As a scarecrow, people say I’m outstanding in my field.

But hay, it’s in my jeans.

20. A man is walking in the desert with his horse and his dog when the dog says, “I can’t do this. I need water.” The man says, “I didn’t know dogs could talk.”
          The horse says, “Me neither!”

21. A guy goes into a lawyer’s office and asks the lawyer: “Excuse me, how much do you charge?”
          The lawyer responds: “I charge £1,000 to answer three questions.”

“Bloody hell – That’s a bit expensive isn’t it?”

“Yes. What’s your third question?”

22. What is the resemblance between a green apple and a red apple?
          They’re both red except for the green one.

23. I have an EpiPen.
          My friend gave it to me when he was dying, it seemed very important to him that I have it.

24. How did the hipster burn his mouth?
          He ate the pizza before it was cool.

25. What’s the difference between an oral thermometer and a rectal thermometer?
          The taste.

26. An atheist, a Crossfitter, and a vegan walk into a bar.

I know because they told me.

27. I waited and stayed up all night and tried to figure out where the sun was.
          Then it dawned on me.

28. I told my friend 10 jokes to get him to laugh.
          Sadly, no pun in 10 did.

29. What’s red and moves up and down?
          A tomato in an elevator

30. I bought the world’s worst thesaurus yesterday.
          Not only is it terrible, it’s terrible.

31. Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?
          Because the “P” is silent!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello Abbers,

Still here, just working my little fingers to the bone... basement all painted now, still organizing it a bit. There is lots still to give away before moving, but things are all organized and labeled, so looking good. Now to get the "staging" done on the other floors. What a project.

Mick, glad you are feeling better. I am Scots, Irish and English. Do you know about one of the big battles of Scotland, called Dunbar - a bloody rout - then the survivors (some as young as 12) were forced to march and most died (somewhere that they recently found their remains next to a cathedral - York?). Marched onto the coast, some survived and were put to work on ships that went to Canada... many of the Nova Scotia families are descended from these folks... such amazing stories of survival. Love the bunny pics, jealous of your weather!

Lav, love to think of your chicks "eating like pigs"! Made a wonderful Chicken Paprikash in IP last night. It was done before I was ready to eat it, but it smelled so wonderful that I ate it standing in the kitchen wearing my painting clothes! Pauly, sending you big hugs - little Brady is 21?! Sheesh, time flies. PPQ - you must be the Chinese sign of the Monkey, like me --- no end to worrying about what might have to be fixed! Glad things are working at work. Det, the gym sounds great - and the philosophies too! SK, poor dear... there must be something that can help you - this is going on so long! Sending you healing -- do you listen to any guided meditations? I wonder if that would help... sending you big hugs too. Hi to Sam and Pi, hope all is well.

Well, off to work. I hope there is some melting before 3/12, as there is some serious yard work that needs to happen here - a million fallen branches, half-stuck in snow... not too attractive! PS - "court", not a clue... only the damn autocorrect, I have no idea what I meant, but no courts in our lives, royal or legal. Kind glad about that, LOL.

Wishing all well for Thor's Day.

Comment

Heya ABerooooskies!

Mick, what great bunny pics! it sure is a good feeling to be sore from the gym eh?
              Interesting very recent and very large study published by the NIH if I recall that the most cardio/pulminary healthful exercises
              we can do are NOT cardio but weight/resistance training. This is do to a much improved ejection/fraction effect from strength
              training. They also studied this in the elderly and the results are so promising (including dramatic cognitive improvement) they say there is no point in life that is 'too late'to begin strength training. My own dad is just now starting in his mid 70's and doing great.

speaking of which... had a great session at the gym last night followed by chow at a funky little Colombian restaurant and
              then Refuge... great combo.

Treetops, for sure keeping any 'courts' out of our affairs is grand.

Lav, looking forward to results from the egg bites. you should sell IP's ! maybe they have an affiliate marketing program?
              just a thought and I'll be your first client.

An old friend from Reno is in town and I'm having a late lunch with him today. he's alcohol dependent and I'm sure he'll be drinking and I'm ok with that.
              Otherwise i wouldn't be going.

shouts to each and all... time to water the microgreens.

be well loves
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to make the egg bites today. We're getting 3" of snow tonight so I ran out today to get some stuff. I'd rather not drive with the other goofballs on the road, haha! My daughter made the egg bites & said they all liked them. My granddaughter requested them with red bell pepper & mozzarella, haha funny kid

Mick, MacLav sounds good to me
                I inspected the pussy willow bush today & found just one opened, now it's going to snow, boo hiss.

Cyn, do you have pictures of your yard & gardens? We sold our last house this time of the year too so I left pictures out so people could see - especially pictures of the pool Don't kill yourself trying to clean up outside. Sounds like you have things under control. There's absolutely nothing wrong with standing & eating directly out of the instant pot, haha!!!!

Det, Amazon has plenty of people selling instant pots, I'll let them have that headache.
                I really do appreciate the ease of use & cleaning afterwards. There's millions of recipes for the IP/just Google them. I save recipes on Pinterest & have a folder just for those recipes. Another I like to do is save bits & pieces of celery, carrots, onions & skins & other veggies in a bag in the freezer. When I have enough saved to fill the ip I just toss them in, add water & seasonings & have veggie broth in 35 minutes. When it cools I freeze it in containers to use for anything I make.
                I hope the lunch with your friend went well!!

PQ, spring is just around the corner although it doesn't really seem so. I hope we warm up sooner rather than later!

Pauly, what's up with you today?

SK, how are you feeling now? :hug:

Hello to Pie & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone!
                MacLav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL…

Mick…don’t think the co-ordinator will ever co-ordinate cheeze…informed her that I had prepared a program for her and got a snarky reply. “I’m working on this, this and this, have to take payments after this class so will get to it when the next class starts”. Wow, I wasn’t asking for anything so that pissed me off. Just thought to myself have fun trying to deal with it today and ignored her. About 4 hours later I felt sorry for her so put a procedure in place and helped her with her current problem. Ha, she hugged me when she left today.

TG…good thing you don’t do needle point, those poor fingers. It’ll all be worth it when you get a fabulous offer for the house. I can just picture you standing there digging into the IP. LOL Got to admit work is all in my attitude and sometimes I just want to be a bitch. LOL So “court” was a red herring eh? Trying to figure out what the word was before it auto corrected.

Det…very interesting about the weight/resistance training for pulmonary health. Now that’s something I can get into. Might have to make an anonymous program request to the co-ordinator. Hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend and I had no worries about you if he was drinking. You’ve come so far.

Pauly…didn’t hear what you did with your chicken last night. I’m stir frying my souvlaki one with mega veggies tonight. Hope your day was good.

MacLav…I believe I’ll be joining you with the 3” of snow tonight. Winter is returning with a vengeance for the weekend, which is just great as we are having a Strategic Planning session at work Saturday morning. I’m really debating on how aggressive I’ll get with my suggestions. LOL With the higher than average temps predicted for spring we’ll probably go from winter to summer again this year. Really wreaks havoc with the garden growing season.

Waves to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all. ..how are we today then? good I hope..well the weather has changed ..its poured down with rain yesterday and today doesnt seem too much brighter.that pair didnt seem bothered and sent me round the garden on a wild goose chase after them!they would not go in .eventually with cajoling of carrot and banana they did so .well Friday it is ,so poets day starts here .
                    Dont know if you remember ,but last year we walked the length of Hadrians wall from Carlisle to Newcastle in 22 hrs ?we raised £8000for charity ..the "we" being guys I served with in the regiment .We have just got this one sorted out for this year ...this one is going to be real tough ..I need to do a heck of a lot of training for this

The Original Fan Dance Race Series: The Legendary SAS Selection test

it means I spend my birthday tabbing a mountain range in Wales but I am def going on holiday straight after ! I need to do a lot of hill marching before then,but if we can raise the same money again that would be good .anyway ..brew time ..

hiya teegee how are you then? so the court was just a non starter of a clue?oh well no royal r judicial blood lines ..Yes the battle of Dunbar ,fighting the Covenanters .the remains were found at Durham cathedral..they were marched south to there ..some 2000 Scots died on the march.
                    best ofluck cleaning the yard ...hope the weather holds for you .

hiya Det ..well how did it go ?did you meet your friend? no booze probs with you mate?yes you are right ...there is a lot of emphasis put into resistance and isometric training ..especially the former ,using bands etc .In the case of elderly people there is a recognition of what to do ,ie stretch the band ,as well as less chance of injury than using weights etc .what was the colombian food you had?

morning MacLav hows you then today? good I hope ..Im sure you're an undercover i/p sales agent!!Did you get the promised snow? dont send it over this way ta muchly......but apart from that have s grand weekend .

hiya ppqp ..you doing ok ? same kweschun...did you get the snow?Good move with the co-ord ...now finish the job off ....you held out the olive branch despite the smartass reply ..she accepted by the hug ...now this is where you sit down with her and have a good ole chat ..the I know we dont always see eye to eye job blah blah ..but word it right you and you will have her eating out of your hand .....she will be just too glad to put progs in for you ..its the alliance of you and her against the non existent boss !hope you have a good weekend ..

hiya everyone else ..hope you are well....

I see the children's classic educational books Janet and John are to be updated, Now you will have, Janet and Janet, John and John, Janet wants to be john, and not forgetting of course John wants to be Janet.

Amazing, president Trump has just announced the United states will be sending aid to help the starving people in Venezuela.
                    Like he is some benevolent hero.
                    Wasn't it U.S sanctions that crippled the Venezuelan economy in the 1st place?

Utter genius.

I'm not saying my mate's house is dirty but I've just seen a rat wearing overalls.

To mock Pakistani troops, the Indian air force have fired vegetables at them.

They were bomb bay potatoes.

I pulled the defibrillator paddles out of the charger.
                    "CLEAR!" I shouted as I ran up to the table.
                    No response.
                    "CLEAR!" I shouted as I tried once again.
                    "OK McDonalds," I said. "This time my burger probably IS cooked properly."

The mystery over why talks between President Trump and Kim Jong Un broke down today has been solved.
                    They are both nutters

Hearing about the death of Andre Previn, I asked my wife if she was fond of Greig's piano concerto?.

She said she'd try it if I got it in a meal deal with crisps and a drink.

In 1979 a well known politician stood outside number 10 and made these comments. “Where there is harmony may we bring discord. Where there is truth may we bring error. Where there is faith may we bring doubt. And where there is hope may we bring despair. Forty years on and those historic words have finally become government policy, if only she had lived to see a job so well done.

The Sahara Desert drifts into a bar and the bartender says, "Long time no sea."

Every possum is an opossum on saint Patricks day

As a child:
                    'You are grounded. '

As an adult:
                    'Your package will be delivered between 8 am and 6 pm. '

I phoned my local radio station today.

When the guy answered the phone he said, "Congratulations on being our 1st caller, all you have to do is answer the next question correctly to win our grand prize."

"Wahoo!" I shouted in delight.

"It's a Maths question," he said. "Feeling
                    confident?"

"I've got a degree in Maths and I teach it at my local school," I proudly replied.

"Okay then, to win 2 VIP tickets to see Justin Bieber and to meet him back stage afterwards, what's 2+2?"

"7," I replied.

Give a Scouser a fish and he'll eat for a day.
                    Give him a fishing rod and he'll steal your car keys from your hall table.

I came downstairs at 3 in the morning because I heard noises. I got down and saw a burgler shining a torch about.
                    I said to him "what do you think you're doing?"
                    He said "I'm looking for money, jewellery or anything expensive I can sell"
                    I said "well turn that light on and we'll both have a look"
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,let the training begin! Sounds like quite the marathon,cute the bunnies just wanted to raise hell haha Det,hope you had a nice lunch with your friend,PQ,I just ended up coating the chicken breast with Parmesan, bread crumbs and Italian seasoning, it turns out crunchy not all soggy like when I used to use shake and bake,Lav,I loved the pics of the chicks on fb,so cute weather has been warming up finally supposed to be 70 something today yay! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...CRAP IT'S COLD OUT THERE...sat around -4F all day and dropping to -20F tonight not including the windchill which will make it -40!

Mick...I'm glad you're doing the Fan Dance in the summer not the winter. Looks a little more strenuous than Hadrians Wall. You will need a vacation after that. I ended up lucky with very little snow which is just as well this cold makes everything so hard to handle. Don't think the co-ord would ever align against the boss, she's too busy sucking up to him.

Pauly...I always found the shake and bake made my chicken soggy too. Thanks for the heads up with your coating, I'll give it a try. It's salmon and asparagus foil packs for dinner tonight. Too bad you're not a fish fan as this is an easy meal to make.

PJ's already on and dinner's in the oven. Trust the boss to pick the coldest day of the year to hold the planning meeting. Not looking forward to heading out in this first thing in the morning. Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Yes we did get 3" of snow overnight AND we are getting another 2-4" tonight AND what they are calling a massive storm on Sunday HELP!
                          I am mentally ready for spring, this nonsense seems so unnecessary, LOL

Mick, that looks like quite a hike there buddy (better you than me). Good luck!
                          We have a Havahart trap set on the deck to try to get this nasty raccoon who has been raiding the bird feeder every night this week. I searched for the best bait for raccoons turns out to be marshmallows, haha!! I hope he/she is hungry tonight! Your bunnies sound like they are in charge

PQ, I don't think I would have allowed that woman to hug me...….I'd be too pissed off, LOL You are a better person than me.
                          I can't imagine heading out in that cold weather in the morning, be careful!

Pauly, I made a big chicken casserole yesterday with pasta, spinach & dairy free cheeses so today was leftover day

Det, hope your lunch went well!

SK, how's it going now?

Cyn, come up for air every few hours, OK?

Hello to Pie & Sam too.

Not much going on with me so I'll just wish everyone a nice night!

Lav aka MacLav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

I wish I were a fish fan too PQ but I did see some nice looking chicken and veg foil packs on fb I wanna make,you stay warm and be safe in that yuck weather!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Lav,you be safe too! Warm weather is great here BUT now my allergies are being bitchy,can never win

Comment

Hi everyone.

Went back to docs re vertigo, she had my ears syringed and tested my hearing, it's not good in my right ear, but their equipment is limited so I'm seeing an ENT person. She gave me an RX for a decongestant.

Mick, we had the same headache, I didn't drink coffee for 2-3 days, I realized it, made a coffee and it was 3/4 better right away. The upcoming event looks a little difficult. Good luck and nos da.

Cyn, definitely doing well with your cleaning and house prep. Ours looked great after the staging - that's fun. I think I would need your organization skills to do another move. I should start with my many, many boxes in the garage.

Pauly, that sounds like a good way to prepare chicken, panko crumbs will make it even crispier.

PPQ, sorry about the cold. How much do you pay for 1/2 kilo of red salmon these days? Chilean sea bass was $34.00/lb. I got shrimp to make a gumbo, realized I couldn't stir a roux so ended up getting Zatarain's mix. Too salty and I took some of the seasoned shrimp and had a shrimp salad.

Det, hope the lunch was successful.

Lav, Spring?, but yesterday it was still February. Good luck with the raccoon baiting. You're having a pretty good time with your IP, I got one for the kids at Christmas, but still haven't heard how they like it. Pics of the chicks are so stinkin' cute. Leftover casseroles are great the next day and it sounds like a great recipe.

PPQ, glad you helped your co-worker. Do you think that maybe she is finding the job difficult and that's why she is defensive and bitchy?

Misty will never be a full-time indoor cat again. She used to get very bored and run around scratching whatever she could and now she climbs trees and runs around and will always come when her name is called. I am always aware of bob the cat though.

Went grocery shopping today - $206 for moi? Uber was pretty pricery the last few days and yes, I will have to be more organized, but truth be told, I like going out every day.

Have a good night all.
                                Last edited by SKendall; March 1, 2019, 09:37 PM.
                                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                                X