Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 Mar

Hello Abbers,

Sunny morning here, after 8 inches of snow yesterday - a beautiful snow, no ice!!! Temps were high, so some melting, but today we are in the deep freeze so this snow is going anywhere soon... glad I got out and cleaned up the front of the property when I could...

Mick, awesome finds!! Great coin and the drop spindle whorl is really amazing! Something that is 8- 900 years old!? I have friends that drop spin... they say it is very meditative. Happy belated to Julie, and have fun "fasting" today... the dinner must have been good.

Pauly, how's things? You have been on my mind a lot lately - I'm hoping you are well.

Lav, so you got rain in the end? Interesting; how nice to be plowed out - I heard our guy come down the drive in the wee hours. Pet the chicks for me!

PPQ, 20 degrees, that's a heat wave! I hope you have another stress-less day at work.

Det, you sound so good and strong - glad you are taking good care of yourself. Those tests sound interesting.... I'll have to check it out...

SK, how's it going? Any help from the ENT?

Hello to Sam and Pi...

Cold here today, but sunny and bright snow covering my To Do list, love it! Going to try to finish taxes today, as I put in a long day of House Work yesterday. (So lucky that most of my clients are out of town for the winter!)

Wishing all well today --

Comment

PS- Mick LOVED the YouTube, hysterical and very informative. What a character...

Comment

Mae everybody, happy belated birthday to Julie its Lou's birthday today 6 years old and I can't believe it! What did you guys pig out on Mick? Cool finds Cyn,everything is OK here,just dealing with the allergies now that its warmer,a few of my customers who suffer too think this will be a bad year cuz of all the rain,grrrr,PQ,its turkey breast with veg in the crockpot Det,hope you can find a place fast,the house got sold really quick! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Tuesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Cold but sunny here today so there was a good bit of melting going on. Makes the mud production SO much faster, haha!!!

Det, I haven’t tried socks in the IP yet, LOL
          I haven’t been disappointed with anything I’ve cooked in it so far though. When it’s time to buy one I’ll point you to the model I have.

Mick, cool coins & things! Are you super lucky or is there really that much stuff left underground?
          My chickens have suddenly become brave & are now out walking in the snow, go figure.

Pauly, I pretty much have been taking Zyrtec all winter since the allergist said it was OK. If my allergies get worse I’ll bump it up to twice per day as she suggested. I turned leftover turkey breast into pot pie today, yum.

My chicks are growing feathers. It’s hard to get a decent pic because they won’t stand still long.
          I found another neat use for a hoop house - maybe in my next life, haha!!

3EBA5F09-6D93-4CDD-A5E9-2B807B0646CF.jpg3545A5D9-5793-4EA6-B6B2-9C278709F030.jpg

Cyn, you sure got a lot more snow than we did. Glad you didn’t get any ice
          We are about to send our tax stuff to the accountant. He’s the only one who ever gets this stuff done right.

Hello to PQ, SK, Pie & Sam. Hope everyone is OK

Have a nice night everyone.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL…just lost my post so I’m back to copying it from word. You’d think I’d learn.

Lav…I do think snow and then rain is much better than rain and then snow. You’ve got a winner for a neighbor there. How’s your widowed friend doing? Haven’t heard about her for a while. The news today is that Instapot is being bought by US Pyrex-owner Corelle. I never knew the Instapot was invented in Canada. Feathers already! Maybe you could suggest the hoop house for your daughter. LOL

Det…there’s 2 groups of seniors that play bridge on Mondays and Wednesdays and join in every chance I get. I’ve never lived in a trailer park and some of them can be quite nice. Hope you can swing the new rental though, you’d probably like that better. Signed up for a meditation class that was supposed to start on Thursday. Unfortunately I think it’s going to be cancelled as not enough people have committed.

Mick…did you get that feast worked off today? Geeze, it seems like you just go from one storm to another. Do you ever get a break? Nice find with the threepenny, another addition to your curio cabinet. Will have a look at the youtube video tonight. No cards today but I was able to tackle what I wanted when I wanted. Hoping to play cards tomorrow.

TG…8 inches of snow! Did you move north? No stress today and the program coord seems to have a new attitude. She’s been very supportive and cooperative. Hope it lasts. Did you get the taxes finished? That would be a nice “To Do” chore to cross off your list before moving.

Pauly…I hope your customers are wrong and that you won’t have a bad time with the allergies this year. I’ve got a ham steak and some cauliflower that I should cook tonight and since I don’t have any spuds probably to a pot of rice.

Got a text from my twin today, the bar where she works (she does the books) burned to the ground this morning. Apparently there was a lot of money missing when staff closed last night and the somewhat “new” assistant manager said he’d deal with it in the morning. Guess he did. The fire chief called her (she sits on the board) to say they suspect it was deliberate. I’m glad she doesn’t go into work early!

Waves to the rest of the gang…have a peaceful evening….:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ...how are we today then?good I hope ...Thesunny weather we had seems to have gone somewhat amiss it is freezing literally !Julie is off work today ,so Pilates at 11 this morning ..Im also breaking in miy new boots for my trog across the mountains ...did 7 miles on the treadmill in them yesterday with it set at a 10 degree gradient..Despite the pig out on her birthday ..Im still at some kind of normality weight.
              ok lets have a brew ..
              hiya ppqp ..how are you then?did you have rice instead of spuderooneys?I didny realise how good spus were for you .,,,they have loadsa vit c and everything ..much more than oranges .Far be it from me to suggest anything...but I dont think that will be a long drawn out Columbo case at the exbar!Its actually known over here as a Jewish stocktake..Yes a nice tidy coin for the collection ...have a good day.by the way ..you couldnt have timed the fire in the bar better ...today in the Christian calendar is what?(Wednesday)

What a cracking idea for the polytunnel Lav..a henhoose ..one teensy weensy problem ..will they not put holes in it pecking ..?how are you today? good I hope ..Yes there is tons of stuff in the ground ..dont forget this is a wee island that has always been populated and every man and his dog has wanted to settle here..(kinda like today really)Im sure you are a shareholder in this Insta pot!!take care .

hiya Pauly you ok ? ..what did I pig out on ? a full carvery ....ham chicken toikey didnt have beef ..yorkshire pudding ,stuffing roast spuds mash spuds carrots leeks peas,caulie and cheese ,carrots ,peas roast veg ..and onion gravy...and some more mash to soak the gravy up..plate was too full the first time..so you can see why I was slightly full!Lou is 6 ..jeez ..time isnt standing still is it?

hiya tg ..how are you then today? most of your clients out of town for winter ...taxes ..hmm accountancy your game?Yes that spindle whorl is that old ..Ive got older stuff than that .Ive got a stone age axe had ..probably about 6ooo years old ...and a bronze age one which is 3-5000 years old .has the snow all gone now ? are you nearly finished up in the H of W now? hope you have a decent day

hiya det sk sam and everyone else hope you are all good ..take care folks ..

I could tell instantly that my mate Dave's transgender operation was a 100% success...

"Is everything alright Davina?" I asked gingerly.

"I'm fine!" she snapped.

I went to an Irish barber. He said, “What would you like, Sir?”

I said, “I’d like a bit off the top.”

He cut the arm from my T-shirt.

Ping Pong

King Kong's Chinese cousin

Theresa May reckons there is no correlation between police numbers and crime - so, put another way, our police are so sh.t they might as well not bother because it doesn't make any
              difference if they show up to work or not?

A policeman knocked on my door this morning. He said, “Do you know it’s pancake day, Sir?”

I said, “I do officer and so it doesn’t require a member of her majesty’s constabulary to inform me of the fact.”

“No need to get shirty,” replied the officer.” I was just trying to gently inform you about something.”

“What?" I queried.

“Your wife’s been run over by a steamroller.”

I love that UK tradition where, after Shrove Tuesday; everyone in the country gives up pancakes for an entire year.

Theresa May has said fewer police numbers have had no impact on knife crime.

On that basis Theresa, try reducing your insulin intake and see how you get on.

I won't say Stanna Stairlift salesmen are aggressive but my Grandad just bought one and he lives in a bungalow

A mortuary attendant was showing a new recruit around. He was lifting the sheets from various bodies and pointing out the causes of death. He came to the last one and raised the sheet from the bodies face. "What happened to him?" asked the trainee. "Ah, that's Paddy from Dublin." said the older man. "How did he die?" enquired the young man. "Ah. Well, y'see, he was struck by lightning. Didn't stand a chance!" "But why is he smiling?" asked the trainee. The attendant just looked at the body, and said "He thought he was having his photo taken!"

Jesus said , " The first shall be last , and the last shall be first "

There , I hope that clears up the chicken & egg problem once and for all.

There are worries about getting catheter supplies to Britain post Brexit.
              Apparently they come from in Continent.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, yikes PQ! Sounds like someone was trying to cover something up,odd timing.Kell and her bf took Lou out to a jump place for his birthday and they broke down,Brady had to go get them cuz it was pretty late,now her car is stuck somewhere around the strip,hubs thinks it's a blown head gasket,what a mess,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pups o'plenty, and a complete internet outage have kept the fun rolling in Pieland. Haven't read back, but do want to say, Hello!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...our temp went to 15F today with gale force winds making it feel like -40F! It just bit right into you. Apparently those nutrients are mostly in the peel, which I usually throw out. LOL Glad you don't have too much weight to drop but you do need to keep breaking in those boots. I agree I don't think there's a movie in the bar fire. They're starting their investigation on Friday as everything is frozen solid. Oh, and yes it is Wednesday.

Pauly...yes, it certainly sounds suspicious. Glad Brady was there to rescue Kell, car issues just plain suck. We're having scalloped potatoes tonight. Not sure what else but I'm craving the potatoes.

Pi...sounds like you had a lot of company to keep you busy while the internet was out. I'm surprised more of us peeps haven't lost internet/power with all this crazy weather.

Was able to play a bit of cards today until all the members showed up. Boss back sometime tomorrow so the party's over I guess. Think I'm going to take Monday off and make it a long weekend.

Shout out to the rest of you....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Wind chill is 9 degrees tonight, what?? Have we moved to Canada??? LOL
                      Supposed to get light snow Friday afternoon. Better not be much or I'll be having a fit!!!

Wow Mick, when you pig out you do it right HA HA!!! I haven't attempted to eat like that in a long time.
                      I've been forcing myself on the treadmill the last few days too. I have never ever weighed as much as I do right now. I swear my metabolism has dropped into negative numbers

Pauly, glad Louie got to do something fun for his BD. That's a shame about the car though. It's always something.

PQ, wow, that's quite a story from your sister! Glad there was no one injured or anything, geez.
                      I didn't know about the sale of the Instant Pot company. I just hope they stay as nice as they are now.
                      Did you know the Daiya dairy free cheese I use sometimes comes from Canada?

Pie, good to see you! Good to be busy & have internet, huh??

Hello to Det, SK, Sam & Cyn!

I have to run, my brother is texting me & he never does that.
                      Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi all - almost midnight here, and finally shutting the house project down for the night.

Will write more tomorrow - just glad to see everyone chugging along, moving over any mishaps.

Thanks for the reminder that it is Ash Wednesday, Mick... even though not a church-goer anymore, I still have fond feelings for some of the “markers” of the seasonal time moving forward...

Wishing all a good Thursday. Geez, wasn’t it just a few days ago I wished that to all? Uugggh! Time flies!

Comment

Hiya all just on my phone. Just at the doc's got to get bloods done..there is a queue a Mile long...hope all is well with every one..weather is brutal here yet another storm here don't know what happened to the good weather
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope the bloods go well,that carvery sounds like my kind of place! PQ,that sounds like a plan to have yourself a nice long weekend, I tend to feel guilty when I take time off Kells car is dead,blown head gasket and too much $$$ to fix for that car so we'll just keep our eyes peeled for another car,what a pain,talked to her last night when she picked up the boys and she says she feels overwhelmed with work,school, kids now this car situation poor thing,it would be hard I can see I posted on fb a post my cousin shared cuz back in January one of the tribal leaders sons killed a 3 year old and he's still walkin the streets! Tribal land and such even though the FBI is involved I guess it's a tie up cuz it happened on the reservation, very upsetting, waves to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Comment

Mick. just great finds. Apparently they found some good ones near the Thames river. Belated birthday greetings for Julie.

PPQ that definitely sounds like arson. I suspect they will find him.

In WA state we lived near a res and the daughter of an artist friend's went missing. They know it was the husband and he is totally free and the kids are his. Tribal law protects the tribes.

Pauly, Lou is six? Vivian is now 10 and is very grown up. sorry about the car, that suck.

I have bronchitis and it's very painful to cough. My bathroom has a garden tub too big to hold steam. My humidifier blows cold and my facial steamer is very good, but takes a small amt of water, so the steam lasts about 3 minutes. I am ready to boil a pan of water, add eucalyptus and breathe it in. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am just so darned tired.

Hiya det.

Cyn, I'm glad you enjoyed Ash Wednesday.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Mae all,

Mick, I hope the blood tests went OK, sorry about the lines.

Pauly, sorry about Kell's car... and she's doing school along with work and the kids, no wonder she's overwhelmed! Even though I know how much you help her. What a terrible story about the res... hope that it gets resolved...

SK, oh no, bronchitis? Do you think it is all part of the ear thing? Did your visit to the ENT help at all? I think the pan of water on the stove is a good fix - just be careful that you turn the burner off and that steam isn't too hot! I like to add a few drops of eucalyptus... but don't do too much or be too close to the water... I lost my sense of smell once from being a little too aggressive with that therapy... good luck!

Hoping all is well with the rest of the gang - I am gearing up for the evening shift here at the house - we'll see what I get done...

Cheers all -

Comment

Working...
                                X