Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 Mar

Greetings Abbers,

I'm watching boys so I only have a minute to say hello!

SK, the cold steam vaporizer is preferable these days, honestly. If you can get into the shower daily, that's enough hot steam.
    Were you given a Rx cough syrup with codeine? That really is the best treatment for that kind of cough. Please take care :hug:

I'll try to get back on later.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Feeling extremely tired tonight. Managed to get all the client renter contracts for the fall completed and all their programs scheduled. I think I had way too much screen time today. Sounds like everyone's doing ok and apologies for not talking/texting you individually. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all...how are we today then? its poetsday...and surprisingly enuff its raining too..just over 2 weeks and I will be in Sri Lanka..got a fair bit to do before that ho ..car serviced ..tested taxed ,buy new cases so that the airport luggage handlers can smash them to bits ...(similar to the last ones) book the rabbits in to the rabbit Hilton,dentist ..(hygienist ) go see brother ..so there we go ..
        Well heres something I thought Id never say ...I have run out of hairspray...Making the edges to a platform for the trains ,hairspray is ideal for fixing print on to paper so that it doesnt run when it gets wet.there you are ..bet all you beehive kids didnt know that!So I need some hair spray.
        Sitting in the doctors yesterday ..this geezer snottering and sneezing everywhere ..and yep guess what Ive got the start of ..bound to happen ..its free Im Scottish..

brewtime ...Hiya SK ...sent you a pm ..hope you are feeling a bit better today..rest up over the weekend?as for the Chase bank ...has it locked you out?

hiya teegee ...you nearly finished the house now ..Ive got it in my head 21st march?I hope it all goes well for you ...is this for a sale or have you already got a buyer lined up?

hiya pauly hows you then today?hows Kell ..sorry to hear about the car too...head gasket is a bad job ..especially if its wrecked the rest of the block ..buy the time you strip skim it etc you are as well buying a run around .you out looking this weekend for another car?

hiya ppqp...poets day...or card Friday?...wow you sound pretty tired ..you doing the tommy two hats thing again?take it eazee ...metime.com!!

hiya Lav ..how are you then today?hopefully all is well...that is apart from the fighting the empty cupboards and a lack of peace ...!!!!!you love it ...have a nice day ..heres a chamomile tea in case you need it!!

right mad bad and sad time to go ..take care have a wunnerful day..

Never a lender or a borrower be said my dad .
        Great bloke , sh.t banker.

Straight after the Michael Jackson documentary 'Leaving Neverland', there's a documentary about May's handling of Brexit:

Neverleaving Land.

How can you tell when you’re in the wrong?

Male? Married? ...There you go.

What do we want?”
        “Anagrams!”
        “What-ho! Wet, new mend?”
        “Own!”

Jesus said " Let the first be last and the last be first. "
        It must have been chaos in the betting shops in Jerusalem two thousand years ago.

If anything good comes out of global warming it will be that in a few years Dancing on Ice won't be on the fckin TV..

I remember when I was a youngster I asked my Dad to mend my bicycle chain, he took a swig of beer and a puff of his cigarette before replying "You know what lad, I'm going to do you a huge favour and not mend your bike. This will teach you 2 valuable lessons; learning new skills and self-reliance." I once dared to ask him for pocket money, when he'd finished laughing he told me to get a newspaper round as it would teach me the value of a penny. With valuable lessons learned I eventually became the successful proprietor of a chain of engineering franchises.

Through the prism of five decades I am now in the position of being able to repay these valuable life lessons to my Father;
        If you hadn't spent your life in the pub and the bookies you might not be crapping in a bucket in the cheapest nursing home in the county.
        If you hadn't been such a selfish tightarse perhaps someone might have visited you there occasionally.

There was a time in my life when my wife had suddenly left me and taken our house, and I was sleeping rough on the street with about 10 quid to my name.

I saw this older octogenarian lady coming out of a building, and I couldn't believe it when after briefly sitting down on a bench, she got up and walked off, forgetting her purse.

No one else saw it, so I ran over and grabbed the bag and took a look inside, and I saw a rather large wad of money.

I thought for sure I was going to keep the money, but then my dammed conscience got the better of me, thinking for sure she was a pensioner and someone's grandma, and probably surely needed the money quite a bit as well.

I ran over to the lady and said, "Ma'am, you forgot your purse."

"Oh bless your heart, young man," she said as she took the handbag back... "It's so good you found this for me, I was just on my way to the shops to by another large floppy hat for Misty, my horse !"

The results of a survey out today say 63% of people think manners aren't as good as they used to be.

The other 37% told the researcher to p.ss off.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I thought you were joking about the hairspray until I read what you use it for haha! Didn't watch the MJ documentary cuz my friend was telling me some of the details and being that I was abused as a kid I sure as hell don't wanna hear any graphic details theyre trying to get the MJ cirqueshow off the strip,wonder if they will? Lots of radio stations have banned his music already SK,hope you're OK sweetheart, I felt sad yesterday too,must be in the air,PQ,you OK? You haven't been your chipper self,wish I could've slept for another 1/2 hour,grrr,feel groggy! Gonna sell Kells car for a very low price,maybe someone has a motor or the time/money to fix it then hopefully find her something decent,kinda hard on a budget but we don't wanna make payments on anything, too much stress and our insurance is already sky high,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!
          Last edited by paulywogg; March 8, 2019, 09:30 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I survived last evening's visit with the eating machines, HA HA!!!
            It was a bit disturbing listening to the 10 yr old tell me that his best friend, another 10 year old was hospitalized this week after having some severe emotional outbursts & attempting to self-harm. That poor kid apparently has a bad family situation & was looking for a way to get himself out.

Today was generator replacement day & the two guys worked all day long. The power was tuned off most of the day of course so it was cold & crappy here, haha!
            The original generator gave up after 15 years of service, hopefully this one will last as long or longer.

Mick, you sound like one busy guy with a gigantic TO DO list!
            Funny that hairspray actually has a lot of non-hair uses

Pauly, good luck finding a new car. Car shopping has never been my favorite sport but you need to have wheels.
            I saw on the newbie's thread that you are one of 8 kids? Holy moly, that's a big group! I was 1 of 4, the others being all boys. I always had to fight for a fair share of anything when we growing up & rarely ever got my share LOL

PQ, you sound like you are kicking some a$$ at work. It's OK to take a rest now

Hello to SK, hope you are feeling somewhat better tonight!

Cyn, I imagine you are up to your usual busyness!

Hello to Pie & Det & Sam.

Grateful for a quiet house with the lights on tonight.
            Have a nice night one & all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL....YAY it's the weekend and a long one for me, yup booked Monday off!

Mick...I forgot about the Sri Lanka trip, you are a busy boy. Do you get funny looks when you buy hairspray? Good to know about the print on paper though, could have used that on a few of our sandwich board signs. I'll remember that. It's fee, I'm Scottish LOL...get that chicken soup cooking. Ya, tommy two hats all week and dealing with the deep freeze has worn me out. Boss is back so he can deal with Monday.

Pauly...yup I'm OK just tired. Spent a lot of the week on the computer, it's surprising how tiring that can be. I'm glad you didn't watch the MJ documentary. Speaking of groggy, we turn our clocks ahead an hour this weekend. Another good reason for taking Monday off. I'm also 1 of 8 kids.

Lav...it is so sad to hear about a 10 year old wanting to get away from his family situation. I believe childhood is precious and way too short. Even being a single mom my priority was always the boys. Bummer being without power all day at least you knew it was coming, I hope. Thanks for the affirmation (wow, big word, where did that come from) about taking a rest. In the past I would just suck it up and carry on. Not anymore. One thing this thread has taught me is the importance of me time.

Det...been thinking of you. Any luck on finding a new rental place yet?

SK...are you ok? Didn't like the way you ended your last post.

Sam...did you get your surveying done?

Pi...are you still surrounded by 4 legged friends?

TG...have you got the house prep finished now? Oh, and I'm sure all the taxes are paid.

Since Pauly didn't suggest dinner, I'm having Tuna casserole. Hope everyone has a restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all,
                snow yesterday and rain tonight, any hopes of early gardening in Va red clay are pretty much non existent this year.

PQ, did get finished, almost done with the plat, might be doing a job for the National Park, you know that will be remote!

Mick, you're a traveling trick,

off to work.... cows come first

waves to all hope you all have a moo vine groove vine day.
                Last edited by Samstone; March 9, 2019, 08:36 AM.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

mae all...how are we today then?all good ok ...well its a real horrible day today ..its blowing a real gale ,and pouring down with rain.In addition to that,Im snottering and sneezxing like mad ,courtesy of the nugget at the doctors the other day.Was going metal detecting tomorrow ,but the forecast is really bad so its a no no.Depending on the weather ,Im might go for a walk of distance ,bit for today its veggieing in fornt of the tele ..well for a weee while anyway.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong weekend ppqp?have you any plans for it?affirmation eh ?on a Friday dragging words out like that ?Afine start for a political career....big words and a severe dose of bluffology ..yes not long now to Sri Lanka ....have good long weekend

hiya Lav ...hows you then?hope all is well ...are the monster munchers gone yet? It is concerning about a 10yr old self harmer..unfortunately nowadays it is more and more prevalent are you doing anything over the weekend?

hiya pauly ,any news on a car?what was the shell on the other one like?was it in good condition?hope you find what you want

hiya SL ,TGand Pie and dog friends and anyone elseI know hope you are having a decent weekend ..

River Poo.

It's the team my Chinese workmate supports.

Politics are full of snakes but at least now we know Dianne Abbott isn't a Black Adder.

I'm proud to say that not one drop of alcohol has passed my lips in the last year.

I've started injecting.

I was arrested in PC World for theft

It was the doctor's fault because he told me I had to keep taking the tablets

I was walking along by the river earlier when I spotted a lone angler.

As I drew near I shouted, “Alright mate, caught anything?”

He turned around to reveal his face covered in large pustules....

Bit of an awkward moment.

Today is "International Women's Day", but don't worry guys “International Men’s Day” is coming..... April 1st.

For the third time this week, I have just caused utter confusion by trying to pay for food and drink with something called cash.

I've just been sentenced to ten years in prison for taking money off the school bully who used to take all the kids dinner money off us all the time.

Police didn't see it that way though and called it armed robbery and aggravated assault on the bank manager.

Thirty great memories about music that caused our parents and teachers grief! Take the quiz and see how you score as a true 'Oldies Fan.' Write down your answers and check them against the answers at the end.

1. When did 'Little Suzie' finally wake up?
                  (a) The movie's over, it's 2 o'clock
                  (b) The movie's over, it's 3 o'clock
                  (c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock

2. 'Rock Around The Clock' was used in what movie?
                  (a) Rebel Without A Cause
                  (b) Blackboard Jungle
                  (c) The Wild Ones

3. What's missing from a Rock & Roll standpoint? Earth _____
                  (a) Angel
                  (b) Mother
                  (c) Worm

4. 'I found my thrill . . .' where?
                  (a) Kansas City
                  (b) Heartbreak Hotel
                  (c) Blueberry Hill

5. 'Please turn on your magic beam, _____ _____ bring me a dream,:
                  (a) Mr. Sandman
                  (b) Earth Angel
                  (c) Dream Lover

6 For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
                  (a) Atlantic
                  (b) RCA
                  (c) Sun

7. He asked, 'Why's everybody always pickin' on me?' Who was he?
                  (a) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
                  (b) Charlie Brown
                  (c) Buster Brown

8. Bob [* PersonName *] by Darin's 'Mack The Knife,' the one with the knife, was named:
                  (a) MacHeath
                  (b) MacCloud
                  (c) MacNamara

9. A Name the song with ''A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom.'
                  (a) Good Golly, Miss Molly
                  (b) Be-Bop-A-Lula
                  (c) Tutti Fruitti

10. Who is generally given credit for originating the term 'Rock And Roll'?
                  (a) Dick Clark
                  (b) Wolfman Jack
                  (c) Alan Freed

11. In 1957, he left the music business to become a preacher:
                  (a) Little Richard
                  (b) Frankie Lymon
                  (c) Tony Orlando

12. Paul Anka's 'Puppy Love' is written to what star?
                  (a) Brenda Lee
                  (b) Connie Francis
                  (c) Annette Funicello

13. The Everly Brothers are . . ...
                  (a) Pete and Dick
                  (b) Don and Phil
                  (c) Bob and Bill

14. The Big Bopper's real name was:
                  (a) Jiles P. Richardson
                  (b) Roy Harold Scherer Jr.
                  (c) Marion Michael Morrison

15. In 1959, Berry Gordy, Jr., started a small record company called..
                  (a) Decca
                  (b) Cameo
                  (c) Motown

16. Edd Brynes had a hit with 'Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb'.
                  'What TV show was he on?
                  (a) 77 Sunset Strip
                  (b) Hawaiian Eye
                  (c) Surfside Six

17.. In 1960 Bob by Darin married:
                  (a) Carol Lynley
                  (b) Sandra Dee
                  (c) Natalie Wood

18. They were a one hit wonder with 'Book Of Love':
                  (a) The Penguins
                  (b) The Monotones
                  (c) The Moonglows

19. The Everly Brothers sang a song called 'Till I ________ You.'
                  (a) Loved
                  (b) Kissed
                  (c) Met

20. Chuck Berry sang 'Oh, ___________, why can't you be true?'
                  (a) Suzie Q
                  (b) Peggy Sue
                  (c) Maybelline

21. 'Wooly _______'
                  (a) Mammouth
                  (b) Bully
                  (c) Pully

22. 'I'm like a one-eyed cat . . ..
                  (a) can't go into town no more
                  (b) sleepin' on a cold hard floor
                  (c) peepin' in a seafood store

23. 'Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do . .. ...'
                  (a) cause there ain't no answer for a life without booze
                  (b) cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues
                  (c) cause my car's gassed up and I'm ready to cruise

24. 'They often call me Speedo, ! but my r eal name is . . ....'
                  (a) Mr. Earl
                  (b) Jackie Pearl
                  (c) Milton Berle

25. 'You're my Fanny and nobody else's . . ....'
                  (a) girl
                  (b) butt
                  (c) love

26. 'I want you to play with my . . . '
                  (a) heart
                  (b) dreams
                  (c) ding a ling

27. 'Be Bop A Lula . . .'
                  (a) she's got the rabies
                  (b) she's my baby.
                  (c) she loves me, maybe

28. 'Fine Love, Fine Kissing . . ....'
                  (a) right here
                  (b) fifty cents
                  (c) just for you

29. 'He wore black denim trousers and . . ..'
                  (a) a pink carnation
                  (b) pink leotards
                  (c) motorcycle boots

30. 'I got a gal named . . .'
                  (a) Jenny Zamboni
                  (b) Gerri Mahoney
                  (c) Boney Maroney

answers

1 (c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock
                  2. (b) Blackboard Jungle
                  3. (a) Angel
                  4. (c) Blueberry Hill
                  5. (a) Mr. Sandman
                  6 (c) Sun
                  7. (b) Charlie Brown
                  8. (a) Mac Heath
                  9.. (c) Tutti Fruitti
                  10. (c) Alan Freed
                  11. (a) Little Richard
                  12. (c) Annette Funicello
                  13. (b) Don and Phil
                  14. (a) Jiles P. Richardson
                  15. (c) Motown
                  16. (a) 77 Sunset Strip
                  17. (b) Sandra Dee
                  18. (b) The Monotones
                  19. (b) Kissed
                  20. (c) Maybelline
                  21. (b) Bully
                  22. (c) peepin' in a seafood store
                  23. (b) cause there ain't no cure for the summertime blues
                  24. (a) Mr. Earl
                  25. (b) butt
                  26. (c) ding a ling
                  27. (b) she's my baby
                  28. (a) right here
                  29. (c) motorcycle boots
                  30. (c) Boney Maroney
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Best be careful with the hairspray [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], we use it as the explosive charge in our potato guns lol.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mae everybody ,Mick thank you for the pm yesterday Kell bought a black car,,I dunno what kind I'm glad tho cuz her bf was being an ass about her using his,even tho he has 2! Hes just like that,trying to just get rid of her old one,its a cute car and she keeps getting people who say they wanna buy it and fix it but then they never show up,PQ,hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner,yay! Enjoy your looooooooong weekend Sam,always good to see you,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...apparently there are a few national parks near you, which one might you be heading to?

Mick...sounds like your weather is right on track, that warm streak must have been a fluke. Probably a good idea not to go detecting tomorrow, you gotta get yourself better for your trip.

ABC...and then there's that. That brought back memories.

Pauly...."Kell bought a black car" :rotlf: Haven't thought about my dinner plans yet. When I get an extra day off I never feel rushed about doing anything. LOL Hope work goes by fast for you.

Shout out to the rest of the gang, will check back in again later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Working away here, on the last push. Thank goodness I used to work with paint contractors and know how to do stuff - made a major difference last night in the kitchen, sealing seams that had opened, repairing boards that were coming apart. It is now fairly presentable. More of the same today, outside stuff since it will be nearly 40 degrees. Tomorrow will finish the inside stuff; snow and freezing rain is predicted. Mick, you are almost right - we list this Tuesday, March 12th... I am getting the house in "walk-through" shape, so that people can see that they can move right in, and all is well. Staging it that way also - hubs is not so happy that all of our private photos, etc. are put away, but that's the best way to sell, so there you go.

I am tired, but am pushing on. Hope everyone is well and taking good care of themselves today -- Fresh flowers, a candle, good soup.. whatever works!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            Best be careful with the hairspray [MENTION=17668]Mick[/MENTION], we use it as the explosive charge in our potato guns lol.
                            also a ..good flamethrower!!

Comment

Mick, ta for the pm. Car bit? As regards to the safety of driving, I did not like the first test, too rushed, little direction. So on tues I go for a 2nd opinion. If it's the same result, I'll hand over the keys. I never enter the freeway or drive more than a 1/4 mile. Codeine is definitely the most effective for stopping the coughin, but I didn't get any any and the hacking causes the most pain. Did they use mustard plasters for that decades ago. I have cold steam and hot steam with a heating pad on my chest. I'm too exhausted to fto write more. I was prescribed benzonate (sp) and azthromyacin.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

SK, glad to see you checking in. It sounds like you're on the right meds, it just takes time to get over an infection like that. Just focus on getting well, everything else can be addressed at a later date.

Mick, we had sun & 50 degrees for a short while today. Tomorrow will be rain & nearly 60 degrees. All in all I guess that's not so bad.
                                No visits from grandsons today so the food is safe, haha! Tomorrow we are going to see the new play our granddaughter is in & then take them to dinner somewhere. I hope you get to feeling better fast!

Sam, rain, snow & mud from here all the way down to your house

PQ, I hope you enjoy some therapeutic downtime this weekend
                                Honestly, I finally figured out if we don't take care of ourselves there's not a prayer in hell that anyone else will step in. I think it's a side effect of being female. We take care of everything & everyone else so we may as well include ourselves

Cyn, I used to paint all of our previous houses, hung wallpaper too. Since we've been here I've done only one room myself. I just don't have the ambition anymore. Glad you are close to finishing up. I'll bet your house sells quickly!

Pauly, I've owned a black car at one time. Actually I've owned two, my daughter totaled the first one when she was a new driver.
                                I hope everything is OK for Kell now.

Hello to Det & Pie!

Not exactly looking forward to losing an hour of sleep tonight but I'll live. I used to like working this night back in the old days - only 7 hrs instead of 8
                                Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X