Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 10 March

morning all
    wow a whoppin' 70ยบ today. My surveying help went to Colorado this week to help move his son their called last night saying they were in a smacker of a blizzard. He was skiing out there and told me they have a 100" base, that to me sounds like a bit of snow!

The hay man doth deliver today, thank goodness. Tomorrow rain so timing is everything.

well, gotta hit it, hope everyone is doing luverly
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick glad everything was OK with Julies dad,hope you're feeling better hi Sam, need to quit whining about the time change and get used to it,we spend 8 months with it anyhoo but wow this first week is draining! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

3.14 checking in with all of my meaningful digits.

Mick, I watched a BBC news story about folks in London stockpiling food and medicine in anticipation of Brexit deal/no deal. What's your take? Do you anticipate a disastrous scenario?

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...glad the cold is almost gone. Bit of a drama yesterday, that's an understatement! No wonder you felt like you'd been smacked in the chops. Sorry the conversation with your brother was a nice one either. I sure hope today was much better. Of course...Air Emirates...how could I forget. One of these trips you'll have to splurge and go first class. Love the new station and subway ..and especially the little barrows. You really do have a talent for that. Frustrating day at work for me! Prog-Coord still making changes to her articles that were due Mar 1st, it's Mar 14th FFS! She know I wasn't impressed as I think I said a total of 5 words to her today. Every time she looked at me to say something I got up and left the room. Figured that way I'd keep my job. LOL

Sam...you bet wow, 70 degrees, hope that help dry things up. I was wondering if you had a survey helper, now I know. Watching the news sounds like there's more blizzard like conditions to come. Glad you got the hay delivered, that'll take a load off your mind.

Pauly...seems like this year's time change effected a lot of people. I'm lucky as my sleep is so mixed up anyways it doesn't matter. LOL Hope you had a good day.

Pi...don't you just love a international day celebrating your existence. LOL Thought of you all day.

Shout out to Lav, Det, SK and TG. Gotta go get that hamburger helper started. LOL Have a great night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PQ,we had hamburger helper too,not my fave but I had a bunch of hamburger to use so it was a cheap,easy dinner

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers & Happy Pi day to Pie !

Still sneezing like a mad woman ~ I'm thinking allergies not relieved by the recommended allergy medicine. So now what???
              It was sunny & 60 something today, very nice here.

Mick, that must have been scary yesterday wondering what was going on with your FIL. It's actually not unusual for some elders to go into deep coma like sleeps like that. I hope everything is OK with your brother.
              Your train station work looks great. You're due for some nice weather, huh?

Sam, lad you're getting some decent weather too. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain off & on here. Maybe it will drown the allergens for me.
              Glad you got your hay delivery

Det, be careful burning both ends of the candle there - make time for you too!
              Cool picture as always!

Pie, I hope you had a delicious day

Pauly, did I ever mention that the Amish community here doesn't partake in the time change thing. They simply do their own thing & get up & out to the fields before sunrise, geez.

PQ, I'm proud of you for saving your job. I probably would have put my foot out & tripped the program coordinator by now. Seriously!!!
              Now I'm trying to picture driving in mashed potatoes, haha!!

Cyn, we had excellent sunlight all day today but I wasn't taking any pictures. I'm glad you are finished all your work or nearly so.
              Good luck with everything & take a breath!

Have a nice night one & all!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Oy oy ABerooooos!

good day, 11 1/2hrs in the office learning loads. weeeeeee.
                Lav, yes I'm taking stock of my stress/overload state and taking time tomorrow to decompress a bit, grazie bella.

Mick, adventure abounds i see!

when I hear of people running out and stockpiling food for an emergency I think: idiots! usually disasters happen with
                little or no warning. People that refuse to prep in advance as a normal course of life make me scratch my head. Then
                again many things do.

Sam, I'm only a 3rd rate snow scientist but i reckon 100" of snow is plenty for most occasions.

PPQ, sorry to hear about work drama. I really detest drama anymore.

Pauly, burger Queen of the valley! hey, being creative with basic foods is a fabulous skill and one I employ quite regularly.

Pie, what have you been doing for fun lately?

well, tomorrow I'm not getting up til 7am so there! slowly will do laundry, make loads over to the condo, get some silverware since
                I have managed to lose my last fork. no kidding how the hell?, prolly toilet paper would be handy, then hit the gym and then a Refuge session. Should be grand

another weird pic. A somewhat angry looking Ferris wheel from the carnival

Picture: Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

Oh! one more pic of a book I saw in a clients bathroom today LOL

Picture: Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

gnight loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...passing out the coffee for Mick this morning.

Mick...I hope your trip in for the car checkup is going smoothly and no drama on the roads.

Lav...I am getting down right depressed over the situation at work. I have tried to look at the decisions the boss makes with an open mind but when he decides to charge a bride & groom $100 because they want to bring in a couple of pizza's for their late night lunch I'm embarrassed. I have gone from loving my job, stress and all with my last boss dying, to dreading going in and dealing with irate renters and pissed off clients. Without an HR resource I'm not sure how to deal with this. Perhaps having a word with a couple of board members who have become friends may help?

Det...glad you're taking some much needed "D" time. Like I say, you do come up with some unique pictures. LOL

Have a Fabulous Friday all and I'll see you after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ...how are we then : just dropped van off ..pick it u mon/tues ..roads pretty quiet ...blowy but dry atm ...next job ...cases out of loft ...packing started ...just made my list of stuff to take on holiday..Im gonna need a cargo plane ...
                    ppqp..if thats how you feel I would defo have a quiet word with the board members you know...have you got a list of complaints from the public that you can use to back youu up? has your new boss ever had a 121 conversation with you on how you are doing ?I would also mention the word stress along the way too....its a big hitter nowadays ...and if you mention it and they do nothing about it ...and the wheel comes off ..then theres a record of you having said !

pie hiya brexit now becomes brextension ...people panicking cause panic ..I remeber that at the millenium when the world was going to end etc ...nowt happened ..we shall endeavour to get an extension till it is sorted out ...that wont be in my lifetime..

big hiya to all others ..going to start packing ...round 1 ...followed by unpack ,repack ,unpack to check and repack ..
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ,I feel so bad for you having to deal with such a shite situation at work! sounds very frustrating! Det,glad you get a relaxed day,better go buy some silverware somewhere haha,I use mostly plastic cuz it's just easier that way,we can't keep spoons in this house for some reason,always missing, Mick,good luck on the packing Lav,allergies are kicking my ass too but those meds never work for me either,maybe for the first hour then nada, I just stick to the Hylands tabs you recommended years ago,they're not heavy hitters but better than the real allergy meds,I freaked out on my coworker yesterday cuz she asked if I had taken my "grandkids" someplace,I'm soooooo proud to have Lou and,Romeo but the word grandkids and grandma are a hard pill to swallow,how stupid and what a dumb think to even bug me but it does,I feel 70 at 45 boo hoo,gotta get over it and just accept that time has gone by,my youthful days were wasted on stupid booze,grrrr,much love to all,and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Comment

Yes Mick, I clearly recall all the doomsday preparations required for Y2K. What an unnecessary burden of stress that all was! I think that there are some who actually thrive on that kind of drama, so maybe that explains the folks interviewed by the BBC.

PQ, do you have any time off available? Maybe just getting away for a bit would help. The people that you work with are unlikely to change, so maybe a change in scenery for you would make things more tolerable?

Pauly, I feel the same regret over wasted youth. On the other hand, I'm younger today than I'll ever be again!

Comment

quick check in, going with my son to watch David Grisman and Del McCurry tonight up there in the netherworld of Northern VA. Traffic, and parking always an issue.

be well good folks.....
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE AGAIN ALL…

Mick…glad the trip to drop off the van was uneventful. Let the packing/repacking begins LOL. Thank you for the very good advice about talking to a board member. I do have a list of complaints from the public. The only serious 121 convo was during my employee review which was very positive. One day the boss was yakking and said he was talking to a board member and the subject of PQ came up. He said PQ always comes up among the board members, they know what a valuable employee they have and were concerned about the stress I had been going through. Boss said stress was much better as private life had been sorted out. And to be honest a lot of work stress disappeared when new boss started, but it’s back so good idea to get it on the record.

Pauly…thanks. I can usually go with the flow but this is getting ridiculous. I’m glad you’re getting some relief with the Hylands tabs. You’re funny, freaking out about the “grand” word. Don’t get me wrong I understand where you’re coming from and you know the only thing you can control is how you react so acknowledge that pill and after you’ve swallowed, laugh. The past is the past, let it go. Oh, and it’s Tuna Casserole again tonight as it was requested.

Pi…I was smack dab in the IT world when the Y2K crisis hit. It just made me laugh with everything people were saying. Yes, I have plenty of time off and that gives me an idea. The prog-cord is on holidays the first half of May and I am now going to schedule the 2nd half of May off. She wants to be the boss, have at it. I'm younger today than I'll ever be again! I’m going to steal that.

Sam…I hope you have a great time with your son.

Lav…we’re still driving in mashed potatoes but with the forecast this weekend that should soon end. So the job security could have become an issue today. I am so sick and tired of covering her ass and then getting all the complaints from instructors and the public that when I received an email from a senior today saying that she was confused, the prog-cord told her the class she wanted was full and that she couldn’t register for any other program. I replied that yes there does seem to be some confusion and that although she couldn’t get into the program she wanted there are lots of other spring programs she can register for and sent her the link. I cc’d the boss and the prog-cord. Well, you should have seen the snarky reply from the prog-coord that she also cc’d the boss. I just thought good, now he can see what is actually going on. Boss didn’t say a word to me about it, job all good. LOL There’s a saying around the office “Whatever you do, don’t piss off PQ” LOL

Sorry this post was mostly me venting but I did leave the office today feeling good about myself and looking forward to enjoying the warm/sunny weather ahead. On the way out the door the boss said have a great weekend PQ. Hoping everyone has a positive weekend as well….:smile:PPQP
                            Last edited by porqoui; March 15, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Happy weekend eve everyone

PQ, if you don't stand up for yourself who will????
                              I remember being admonished at work for using my words to stand up for myself or someone who was being treated unfairly. Too bad, huh??
                              A little vacation time sounds like a good idea! Treat yourself well

Sam, hope you are enjoying your evening!

Hi there Pie & Pauly!
                              Pauly, I didn't become a grandmom until I was 55 so I was a little more prepared for the 'grand' thing. You are still plenty young, no worries!

Det, the ferris wheel pic makes me dizzy, haha! Nice shot though.
                              Our silverware used to disappear when our kids were little. I found most of it out in the sandbox in the backyard & some pieces I found in the woods in the back of our yard. Haven't lost any recently!! Hope you are having fun getting your condo ready.

Mick, pack & unpack huh? I usually pack the night before I go somewhere & then forget about it, haha!

Thinking about TT today after that awful massacre in NZ yesterday.

SK, are you OK? We haven't heard from you for a few days?

I guess the rain has finally showed up because I'm hearing thunder now ~ swell.
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                              Last edited by Lavande; March 15, 2019, 07:45 PM.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav,I think TT and Kuya both live in NZ? Very tragic, I'm hating watching the news today

Comment

Working...
                                X