Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 17th Mar

Greetings Abbers,

Sitting here in between a couple of stinky grandsons, haha! Tonight will be shower night
    I haven't heard from their parents so I assume the boys are staying overnight again. So far so good!

Mick, glad you got your van back. Did you have a lot of work done on it or are your inspections always that expensive?
    No rain for us today, happy about that! Now you know I'll be extra careful checking out security cameras when I'm away from home.

Det, have fun bleaching away the stink, LOL
    We'll have to chip in & buy you a set of dishes as a housewarming gift
    Glad you are liking your new job.

Pauly, no one has attempted to smoke in this house since I quit nearly 10 years ago. I would probably smack them if they did, haha!!
    Hope your day was good!

Hello to the rest of our crew PQ, Cyn, Sam & SK.

Time to get the shower running for these kids.
    Have a good night everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...is Amy going to be living close by? Another garden to plan. Is she going to go for rescue rabbits too? That's not bad especially getting the brakes done. Good for another year eh? Wow, a camera in the biffy? It's illegal here too.

Pauly...I be one of those peeps. :culpability: Hope you had a good day. Cheated with A&W tonight.

Det...isn't it "Do you want fries with that?" oh, wrong job. Dishes are over rated...just it right off the grill. Good luck with the learning.

Lav...glad things are going good with the g/sons. My mood has lifted so had a decent day.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all..how are we today then?hope all is well..todays little escapades? Dentall hygienist at 10.30..it will take about an hour to get there ...few bitz and pieces jobs ..everything is about done..go n draw some dosh out of the bank..
        ok a brew ..
        hiya ppqp ...hows you then today?ok I hope ..No Amy is about 90 miles from me....still not out of "I want and can you just "range..glad you had a decent day..I think they put those cameras in .under the prevention of terrorism act.then a servi

Hiya Lav ,how are you then today? good I hope..to get the van inspected is £50 to start then .it needed front discs and pads the discs were 77 each and the pads were £34 the all the oils filters etc changed (which usually is120) I got all that and the brakes changed for about 60 notes. so cant complain..Considering I smokes ,I cannot abide the smell of it now .but this vaping is as bad ..you see people walked along and suddenly a massive cloud of smoke?appears

hiya det or lemon scented bleach man ..you doing good fella ?..just as well you never made soup.....bummer to eat it off the chopping board......glad you are getting it together mate.

hiya pauly how are you then today?good I hope have a good one

hiya sam sk tg (best ov luck) pie etc

There is a new diet started in the U.S "the dog food diet" if you eat the same food as your dog for a month you can lose up to 2 stone.
        I could do with losing a bit of weight so I gave it a try .

I must say the dog is loving his steak and chips, sausage and mash, doner kebabs etc .

I'm writing a book about reverse psychology.
        Please don't buy it.

I hate hearing birds singing first thing in the morning.

Especially when it's the fcking Spice Girls on the radio.

I dumped my girlfriend because she was a bit of a snob.
        I took her out for dinner and all she could do was complain about the stains down my string vest.

"And what makes you want to work for Helping Hands Homecare?" asked the interviewer.
        "I don't," I replied. "I got made redundant at 55 and this is the only industry which will take on any fcking body regardless of skills or experience."

London Fire Brigade blasts Peppa Pig for using outdated term 'firemen' instead of 'firefighters'.

Or Peppa Sow, as she prefers.

Ten days to go until Brexit, and with absolutely nothing prepared or agreed, the UK is teetering on the cliff edge.

Well, Boris Johnson did promise we'd make 'a Titanic success' of it.

The EU's chief negotiator Michel Barnier said Brexit can only be delayed with a concrete plan in place.

My concrete plan involves shoes for all politicians and a swim with the fishes.

My son and I were up in the attic, and there were some mysterious creaks and the rustling of some sheets.

My son looked at me and said, "Who we gonna call ?...Ghostbusters !"

"No we fecking won't," I replied, "The last time we got charged 600 quid, and four absolutely clueless and incompetent women with backpack hoses showed up and did absolutely fck all !"
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
          Mick, like your new avatar. Lav, no leprechauns or pot of gold, did play lots of music! Finally dry enough to get around in the fields again. serious flooding out west!

got all my tax info for farm and surveying complete last night. procrastination to the max..... be so much easier if I kept my books up on a regular basis! and then next year shows up.....

off to it, hope everyone is doing the marvey.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,good luck at the dentist hygienist,to me cleanings are worse than having a tooth pulled! I always laugh when someone is vaping in their car and I see a huuuge cloud of smoke! I always think for a sec they're having car problems or the dash is on fire haha Sam,tax stuff is a pain and I'm a HORIBBLE record keeper,glad you got it sorted,PQ,I'm sorry,I didn't mean to sound like a bitch about smoking in the house,I just remember when my dad moved out of our childhood home,they were taking all the pictures off the wall and you could see the white squares where the pics were and the yellow contrast from all his chain smoking,that image always sticks so I just go outside, please don't think I was being judgy. Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
            Last edited by paulywogg; March 20, 2019, 08:03 AM.
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I have quiet in my house once again
              Glad to be of service & able to help the family out from time to time.

Happy first day of spring even if it's still a bit chilly. I spent some time outside cleaning up garden beds & getting the junior chicken house quarters ready for ove in day. I like to wait until it's a tad bit warmer before putting them out there.
              So we not only lost our Scottish broom this winter but also a weeping cherry tree. I now have to find something to put in those spots.

Mick, you did get a pretty good deal on all that work for your van. I guess I wasn't paying attention, haha!
              The vaping fad apparently has grabbed the attention of teens. That stuff is worse than smoking in my opinion - all chemicals, yuck

Sam, we are now pretty much following the Amish planting calendar. They taught YB how to grow garlic the right way & we have had very successful crops. My raised bed for strawberries had plants put in during the fall & spent the winter covered with straw. We will be exposing them to sunlight next week & should have nicer strawberries this year, just like the Amish. We have gotten everything to the accountant for tax prep - we just can do our own filings anymore, it's crazy because of our pensions & investments & stuff.

PQ, hope today was a good one for you!

Pauly, happy birthday to your daughter today
              There will be no more smokers in this house, not ever.

Hello to Cyn, Det, Pie & SK. Hope everyone is fabulous!

Have a nice night all1

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all - still going here - happy full moon/super moon/ vernal equinox. House listed. Spent last few days in NYC with decades-friends, how supportive. Several times in the last days have felt like I was losing it, but spirit prevailed. Thank you angels.

Love to all.. more in the coming days...

Cheers all...

Comment

X-post, Lav!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I'm the one that's sorry. You were not bitchy and I didn't think you were being judgy. I hope I didn't give you that impression. LOL There are quite a few places I go to where smoking in not allowed in the house, it's the norm. My sister is like that and when I was visiting her in SK I would just go outside. It really cut down on my smoking and most of the time I went out because of habit not craving. I've told myself before I should make my own rule about not smoking in the house. I'd probably end up quitting because I'd be too lazy to get off the couch and go out. LOL I hope you had a great Wednesday.

Mick...so Amy is about an hours drive away? LOL Just kidding I know you wouldn't speed. Two more sleeps and you're off on another adventure. Did you get the packing finished?

Sam...glad you can get around on the fields finally. Things are drying up around here too with no sight of flooding.

I did end up having a good day. The prog coord has yet again crossed the line and I decided I'm not putting up with this shit anymore. So remembering Lav's advise "If you're not going to stand up for yourself who will?" I spoke to one of the directors on the board after their meeting this morning and told her I need some advice. Gave her the Cole's Notes version of the situation and said I'm this close to resigning. Her reaction was OMG you can't walk out on us. She suggested I talk to Bob (President of the Board) and I told her I was uncomfortable with that as it would be me talk to Bob, Bob talk to my boss, my life at work just gets worse. I suggested that maybe what we need is an outside, independent HR person to come in and talk to all the staff as I'm not the only one going through this. She said she was going to talk to Bob. Bob called late this afternoon but I was in a meeting with my boss so I'll be talking with him tomorrow. I'm glad I said something and hopefully this can all get worked out. I don't want to see her fired but she needs to be put in her place.

Ok, I promise this is the last time I go on about this. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all how are we doing?good I hope says mr smiley ...dentist yesterday ..not 20 mins in the chair..said my teef were immaculate ..the price I paid for them to get fixed they should be.Spoke to my friend on the farm yesterday ..dont know the full story...but she had to get last years foal put down..I think it broke it leg(s)? in a 5 bar gate or something ..I know they are pretty upset to say the least ..today is a zooming about day...lots of bitty jobs to do ..ie post office bank tip shops more shops fuel .
                      ppqp...glad you took the advice and told someone ...as for not mentioning it ..if it bugs ya ..just blast it out ..thats partly what this fredz about ..

hiya tg ..hows you ..? hope all is going good for you ...you know this is your safe haven or rest home ha ha dont be afraid to ..enjoy the big apple...

hiya Lav..peace reigns eh? oh no lost the broom..what colour was it ...Ive got 3 ...a yellow ,orange and a sort of red one...I read that and my mind wandered .. broom ..in Scots is besom .. as an article ..but when I was young it was a derogatory term ..ya wee besom,,,saying that resulted in many a clout round the lug...

Scottish word of the day: Besom - The Scotsman

see what you learn here eh? Like the Amish growing methods ,simplistic ,but productive..type in amish gardening techniques on you tube theres some real smart stuff..mostly ohio tho..

hiya pauly hows you today then? good I hope ...we had 20 degrees here yustaday ..the weather is absolutely mad ..and my bougie continues to flourish ..

hiya sam hows you then mate all good on the homestead ?

det dont you be hiding get yourself on here..

hiya pie you ok ??

sk how are you havent seen you on here for yonks now .....

right peeps 2 sleeps then silver bird time ..dont know what tinternet is like over there ..Ive heard its rubbish ..we shall see..
                      take care ..

ME: Whats the Wifi password?
                      BARTENDER: You need to buy a drink first.
                      Me: I'll have a coke.
                      BARTENDER: Is Pepsi ok?
                      ME: Sure...how much is that?
                      BARTENDER: £3.
                      ME: There you go,now what's the Wifi password?
                      Barman: You need to buy a drink first.no spaces and all lowercase.

It's my Grandad's 80th next week and I've decided to surprise him by hiring a stripper.
                      I can't wait to see the look on his face as he's wanted rid of that old wallpaper for years.

A plastic surgeon is asked if he’s done anything unusual?
                      “No” Replied the surgeon. “But I’ve raised a few eyebrows”.

I hate being asked for directions in the street. So I usually just make something up, like - "Take a right at the traffic lights. Go down the 2nd turning on the left and you can't miss it".
                      Then hope I never see them again.

It's not easy being a copper.

Joseph wore a coat of many colours ...

Even in ancient times they had Charity shops.

The doctor told paddy give up the cooked breakfasts and start the day with a bowl of porridge or muesli .

Saw paddy this morning he said "my teeth are fcked and it's costing me a fortune in bowls"

Buying a scratch card ... God’s way of saying ....You’re a fcking loser.

The wife said to me, "Why can’t you take anything seriously? Is it because you’re afraid to show your true feelings?"

I gently took her arm and said, “Sit down love and let’s talk about it.”

That whoopee cushion was fecking awesome!

Remember. The first rule of Fright Club is

.............BOO!!!

I've been on "Death Row" in an American prison for almost 30 years now.

It was very wise of me to make my last meal an all-you-can-eat buffet !

"Danger?! That's my middle name!" - Amanda N. Gervais

Dear Donald Tusk,
                      Thanks for your comments today, you've been a great help.
                      In response, we've decided to send the 39 billion pounds you requested.
                      Seeing how you continentals hate imperial measures, our boffins have converted it to metric and it works out at 17.7 megatonnes. Should be with you in the next four minutes.
                      Regards
                      Teresa May

BREXIT UPDATE
                      We've all been on a night out with that mate who when you are in a club says "it's shit here" let's go somewhere else." Then when you leave you realise he has no idea where to go and the place you left won't let you back in. We now see the UK standing in a kebab shop arguing about who's fault it is.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,loved the wifi joke haha,I hope yo can send pics while on vacay,I'll even install messenger while you're gone just in case PQ,vent away,that's what we're here for! I don't get tired of hearing about your job woes,just get tired that you hafta go through them I noticed I smoke outta habit too,once in awhile it's a real"need" but mostly just cuz it's "that time" Lav,the boys had me on my toes last night cuz now Romeo can climb the stairs! Need to get a gate fast and Lou was being a brat cuz he didn't want to go to karate,I told him if he stops going he's not allowed to use my phone or computer anymore to watch his stuff,I made him cry and felt bad but I'm tired of that plus when he gets home from going he's always happy,if he truly hated it we wouldn't force him but like I said it's just the getting him going, Kell had a good birthday but she's sad she's already 27 haha,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

top O the thursday ABeroooos!

yay, get the morning at home here. Was at work being drilled on my oral presentations for 5 hours straight. My voice is a tad creaky now.

I must rise to the defense of vaping vs smoking. for sheer toxicity there is no comparison so long as you are using quality fluids made in the US typically
                          that publish their ingredients. there are no carcinogens in them at all. Conversely when you smoke cigg's it's not the nicotine that harms, it's the thousands
                          of chemicals produced by the combustion such as benzenes and other truly toxic chemicals. Also the stuff that looks like smoke from vaping is actually
                          water vapor. (vape). Any time i can convince a smoker to switch to vaping I consider it a huge win for their health. Also it smells nice compared to ciggy
                          smoke which makes me want to heave. no smoking in my filthy condo! LOL

the Buddhist community here is processing the death of a senior Buddhist abbot and Native American shaman Steven Baugh who passed 2 days ago. Over a thousand
                          showed at the temple to pay respects. I guess he was an amazing character and sadly I didn't have a chance to meet him personally but I'm enjoying the stories
                          of his life from those whom he's touched.

More presentation practice this afternoon.... yeee har! they are trying to get me up to running solo by Monday. exciting times and I'm being mindful of my
                          stress/anxiety levels. Doing pretty decent on that so far.

Mick, a happy dentist report? right on!

PPQ, sounds like excitement at work...hoping it falls in your favor.

Lav, quiet house here too LOL nobody will be visiting until I get this sorted out. At least my fancy coffee pot and bean grinder came...
                          I officially have the best coffee on the East side! Cafe Det is open. ..... almost.

Ok, more practice here as I'm back in the office this afternoon.

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just a quick hello - the boys are back, hahah!!
                            Not staying overnight, just until their mother gets here.

Hello to Cyn, glad things are going well.
                            PQ, good for you standing up for yourself
                            Pauly, sometimes kids do need a tiny push to do the things they said they wanted to do in the first place, LOL
                            Det, do you make decaf?? It's getting kinda late here. Glad you are getting thru your training.
                            Mick, you must be very excited about your trip. Send pics if you can
                            Hello to Sam, Pie & SK.

Be well everyone!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Just popping in as I'm heading right back out for the community garden agm. If I'm not too late getting back I'll check in again....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick must have left for his trip? Safe travels PQ, how was the garden meeting? Det,cool you got your coffee set-up,that sounds like alot of fun,ugh tired still off for more coffee,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Comment

Working...
                                X