7th April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7th April

MAE ALL.....drove home in white out conditions!!! Don't think it'll stick around but not wearing sandles to work tomorrow.

Lav...hope the boys got away today. Enjoy your week off.

Pauly...good luck with the job, maybe a change of routine will lift your spirits. Is it just an additional part timer or full time work? I think I've tried every frozen dinner type and they seem to get worse and worse. With the arrival of winter again, going with comfort food. My MIL taught me a quick and easy stir fried beef and onions over noodles. And of course lots of soya sauce. Haven't had it in ages.

TG...well that answers the question of celebrating the sale of the house. It seems the work is never ending! Hope your finger is better and I'm sure Lav will put your mind at ease.

Mick...gotta love the satnav! LOL At least you got to experience the steam loco and of course you video taped it. Sorry things aren't great with your brother and you're right all you can do is wait and see. Oooh I was getting excited about your potato recipe but it fizzeled out fast. LOL Spotted some stuffed mushrooms while i was at the store and thought I can make those. Think I'll start with perfecting some appetizers as I'm quite happy to have those for dinner anytime.

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a peaceful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening folks!

Grateful for a quieter day, haha! The boys were back here just a few minutes this morning to drop off their golden retriever. I don't mind watching Maggie, she's old now & behaves. Their other dog has to go to a kennel - can't handle him. The lizards & frog in the aquarium are behaving themselves but I really don't like feeding them live crickets - they stink, eeww.

Mick, sorry the train video didn't work, I'll bet that was cool to see.
      We went to lunch today up in Amish country & stopped by one of their hardware stores on the way. I stayed in the truck to wait & cracked up when I saw a horse pulling into the parking spot right next to me, Lol

Cyn, sorry you hurt your finger. I have more scars than I can count, haha. I am a danger to myself. The only thing I would ask is when did you have your last tetanus shot? You might consider getting a booster, just in case. Sounds like you handled the wound perfectly
      Take a break & don't worry about al that outside work, OK?

Pauly, I hope you get a chance at a new job. Probably just the ticket to improve your mood! My daughter is looking around at some new possibilities too. Her resume is also on Indeed & she has been contacted by someone. A new job is always exciting, at least for a while

PQ, I plan to enjoy my staycation as much as possible, LOL
      Sorry about the snow, hope it disappears quickly.

I've made this soup twice now, once in the IP & once on the cooktop. Even YB likes it. LOL
      Vegan Noodle Soup with Chickpeas | Where You Get Your Protein

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & SK.

Hope everyone has a nice night!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

wow ..good morning all..a very small gang aint we ? oh well thats life ..as I said .

took glass from door to get repaired yesterday ,and the satnav decided it was going to play silly beggars ....took me all over the place and then lost the signal..finally found the place ....what was nice was on the way back,there is a preserved steam railway ...there was a train puffing around ...looked and sounded brilliant .bit of a frost this morning ,but the sun is out now.Time for a brew.

hiya pauly ,hope all is well with you ,best of luck with the job.......

hiya ppqp ...so you liked the recipe did you ?well instead of putting the original contents back in ...you can firstly mash it up,and add onion ,meat chorizo ,anything you like put it back in ...then get a little bit of grated cheese sprinkle across the top and put under the grill..
        stuffed mushrooms ....cook off a piece of bacon...chop it up grate some cheese add it to the mushrooms and put in the oven ..garnish as required ...spices or lea and perrins sauce .

hiya Lav ..you ok ?that soup looks good...yep relax and enjoy your holiday at home..another nice day here today ,need toget some of the moss out of the front grass and put some more seed down...one stop shop for pigeons!!

hiya everyone else ...hope we are well

Working in a mirror factory is something I can totally see myself doing.

What do you call a teacher who’s always late?
        Mister Bus.

I sat next to an insurance woman during a Robbie Williams concert and through it all she offered me protection!

My sister works for British Gas.
        Do you wanna meter?

What’s the opposite of rose tinted glasses.

Skeptikals.

What did the blanket say when it fell off the bed?

Oh sheet!

A clown turned up late for work on his first day and got sacked from the circus.

He’s suing for funfair dismissal.

Someone threw a bottle of Omega 3 pills at me the other day.
        Luckily I escaped with minor super fish oil injuries.

I burnt my Hawaiian Pizza last night.

Must use Aloha setting.

My dyslexia has reached a new owl.

Bought myself a universal remote control last night.
        This could change everything!

What kind of music does an Agoraphobic like?

House

I went to the prison library the other day.

I found lots of prose and cons.

est things about living in Sweden?

The national flag is a big plus.

A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

It’s really difficult to find what you want on eBay.
        I was searching for cigarette lighters but found over 15,000 matches

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

Did you hear about the guy who had a photographic memory from the age of 4?

Unfortunately, it was never developed.

My wife asked me to pass her a lipstick but I accidentally passed her a glue stick.

She’s still not talking to me!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello Abbers!

Early morning on what promises to be a beautiful day.

PPQ, so sorry about your snow! My poor friends in MN are suffering again as well... 10 inches or more, with gale-force winds. Hang in there!

Lav, I read back about your grandson, what a sadness that he is going through all this, and of course the family too. I hope that your son listens to you and takes advice. Glad that you only have to deal with one of the Insanity twins! (PS, thx for your advise: tetanus is up to date, so that's good. All fine except swelling is slow to go away... probably my wedding band is in the way!?)

Pauly, I must have missed a post about a possible new job? That sounds exciting, hope that it works out the way you want it to.

Sam, how are you feeling? Sorry to hear about the little calf, hope that got sorted. Take care

Mick, thanks for all the recipes. I'm still playing with my IP and having a good time. I did the "roast chicken" and it turned out well. But I'll take your sides! Sorry to hear about your brother, wishing him peace.

Det, how is it going? Hope the trailer is sold!

Hello to SK (no one is hearing anything from her?). And to Pi - hope your last bunch of rescues are OK.

Getting close to done with the land... Lav, it is a pleasure to see the grounds look as good as I know that they can! But I need to wrap that all up this weekend. Clients are now back from their winter retreats, and everybody needs something -right now! So my days of concentrating on the house are limited, which is probably good. Hopefully some showings this weekend. One couple LOVES the house, but thinks there are too many steps for them.... seriously? So we will see...

Cheers all for a good friday-

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick how's the cold? Must be better cuz you didn't say anything,yep we're a small crowd but all of MWO is, honestly there's so few people it could be ran on one of those "make your own forum" sites think it's proboards or something like that.Cyn,too many steps? Weird,I could see if they were disabled or older but who knows,I accidentally trashed the email I got back on the job cuz it was unfamiliar duh! Only when it was dissapearing did I notice the name, hopefully they reach back out or maybe I'll apply again,Lav,glad you're only having to watch one dog,does yours get along with it? I keep the grandpup sometimes and Winslow is fine at first but then starts getting jealous,have you heard from SK? I know you two have talked on the phone before,PQ,I made frozen pizza last night, actually I've made frozen food this whole week practically just nothing new to try that I feel like cooking ya know? Much love to all and wishes for a happy BF Friday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

too many steps...what a great selling point!!!! when the next ones turn up havesome background music on ...Led Zeppelin ...stairway to heaven..

here you go ....for those that dont remember it......

Stairway to Heaven Led Zeppelin Lyrics - YouTube
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I got lots done today including packing up the SUV so I am ready to take off early tomorrow morning's craft show.
                We're getting a little rain here, no big deal. This is remnants from the huge storm that dropped feet of snow out west. I have no room to complain. It actually hit 75 degrees here.

Mick, I hope your brother is comfortable. Is he not healing from his surgery? Complications can be frustrating.
                We're still battling with the raccoon wanting to empty the bird feeder every night. I'm almost out of birdseed so I imagine he'll get fed up & go somewhere else. Wondering if the fox & snakes plan on returning this summer, ugh. Remember the more grass seed you plant the more grass you'll have to cut this summer

Pauly, can't you retrieve deleted emails from the trash? I do it all the time.
                My dog used to get bitchy when the goldens came for a stay but she's older now & doesn't seem to give a sh*t, haha!
                The two lizards & frog I'm watching seem to be quite happy today.

Cyn, glad your boo boo isn't too bad. I think it's tough having cuts on hands & arms. We always have them hanging down which makes the swelling worse. If you put some ice or cool compresses on & try to keep your hand elevated when not using it would be helpful.
                I hope you get some happy buyers looking this weekend

PQ, Hope you day was good!

Hello to Sam, Pie, Det, SK & anyone else stopping by.

Have a nice night everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...YAY it's the weekend!

TG...snow all gone, it was just a blip. Eastern Canada is getting walloped though and I've been watching the storms coming up the US East Coast. I consider myself very lucky. Too many steps inside, outside or both? Just how many steps do you have? Maybe they're thinking this is their last house and are thinking of the future. You heed your own words and wrap the house work up, sounds like you're going to be busy with your other job.

Pauly...oh no, the old hit the delete to soon! Hope you hear back from them or was that an omen? I often think of you Friday night and am grateful that I don't work Saturdays anymore. Not a clue what dinner is tonight. LOL

Mick...my how your recipes have improved. LOL There's some good ideas there. I think I may even get the cobwebs off the BBQ, looks like it's going to be a nice day tomorrow. So the satnav figured it'd take the long way around again. I don't trust them, always have my directions mapped out before I go anywhere. Hope the glass repair isn't too pricey.

Lav...glad you're going to get the most out of your staycation. Should have sent the lizards and frog off to the kennel as well. Eww is right! On the bright side just think of all the money you'll be saving on food.

Time to get comfy and relax. Hope we all have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all...frosty here ..the weather that is ...not me..how are we all..hopefully all is well in the booze bustin borough....out detecting tomorrow ..my turn to drive so just sorting out da van not too far about 85 miles there.Still got the cold but its getting a lot better ..Ive now moved on from the woe is me and sympathy stages....milked them....to no avail..I did a belter yesterday...I was making some dried forage for therabbits ie dandelions etc I had picked..put them in the greenhouse on a tray..left door open to let air circulate ...wind blows shelf down in go rabbits ...party time no forage no more ..sittin there with little fat bellies content in the sun.

brew time

hiya Lav hows you then ?tell me how do you know when a frog is happy?does it smile wave sing songs?half way up the stairs is a stair where I sit......Brothers surgery was successful to a point ..unfortunately it ihas spread elsewhere ...he is on a priority list..some days I talk to him and its like he has given up ...which to a point I can understand its not me in the pain..but the other side of me fought like hell to get back to how I am ,but I wasnt in pain just debilitation at the time..its so sad,but we shall see what they do in surgery ..Are you enjoying the peace and quiet?when does it all break?

ok I want an honest answer ..what looks better the stained glass or ...... think very carefully ..

20190413_083203.jpg

hiya ppqp..how are you today then?all good I hope ..no the glass isnt too pricey ...but for what it is to replace the broken bit .it is ..Its the time and work that goes into it..so no snow? excellent .Im glad I dontwork saturdays anymore..

teegee ...how are you then?good I hope ...so youve virtually finished off the garden now have you ...any chance of pics? my camellia has done really well ...until the frost whacked the flwers ,so need to dead head them ,,fortunately there are quite a few buds left.I have to be careful with these 2 not to put harmful plants in ,so it limits choice hope all goes well with showing.

hiya pauly ..you ok today? yes cold hasnt gone but Ive run outta people to moan to ...no its getting better ..thanks for asking ..

big hiya to everyone else ..

Fellas...
                    If you’re feeling stressed, under-valued and generally pssed-off at work, take a holiday with your wife and kids.

You’ll be fcking ecstatic to see your boss again.

Man: Doctor! Doctor! I keep getting headaches.
                    Doctor: When did they start?
                    Man: On my wedding day.

Up skirting became a criminal offence today. I’m just wondering if this also applies to priest’s cassocks or kilt-wearing Scottish gentlemen ?

A new recipe ppqp......

Delicious chocolate mousse recipe.

Take one chocolate mouse......

and add an s .

Julian Assange said to be devastated by his removal from the equadorian embassy.

"I was 3 days short of the world hide and seek record, goddammit."

A wealthy man came home from a gambling trip and told his wife that he had lost their entire fortune and that they'd have to drastically alter their life-style.

"If you'll just learn to cook," he said, "we can fire the chef."

"Okay," she said. "And if you learn how to make love, we can fire the gardener."

"We will miss you."
                    Nice words to hear from your colleagues...
                    Great words to hear from an Assasin !

Birthdays aren’t as fun since my operation.

“Hip, plastic component, hooray.”

I just went to the doctors with a lettuce stuck up my bum.

All he did was put a dressing on it!

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick door looks great and so does the other in the pic yup,I've used up all my allergy whining too but yesterday I couldn't stop sneezing so Kell felt at least a bit bad for me haha,PQ,I'm making hubs grill chicken that I've had marinating since yesterday,I love chicken and it never gets old! He on the other hand gets sick of it,just me and Kell working at the shop this morning cuz the other lady went to California so gotta get a move on,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all...

Mick...:huh: I'll go with "or". Saturday morning party, gotta love it. At least this time you deliberately left the door open. LOL Been sleeping much better these days, probably a result of sorting out the work issues, so will be out and about today running errands, grocery shopping etc. Good luck detecting tomorrow if you don't pop in first.

Pauly...I think it would be kinda nice just you and Kell working today. I hope you get lots of clients and the day goes by fast.

Time to stop the growling in the tummy. Will pop back later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Top O the Sat ABeroooos!

so nice to see all your smiling faces

day 1 at work yesterday was great I'm happy to report. Getting settled in is always crazy times but I'm not stressing at all which is
                          so nice. My meditative practice is helping me in so many unexpected ways which is grand.
                          Still haven't sold the trailer but do have folks looking today if all goes to plan.

Lav, when I lived in the far mountainous regions of GA there was a community that reminded me of the Amish called Mennonites and they
                          had great restaurants and evil yummy loaves of bread

My date tomorrow is feeling a bit rough from the allergy/pollen attack so the hike is off and we're going to do indoor things. Maybe a museum....
                          spose I better come up with something. Pauly, suggestions from the locals perspective? is that restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere
                          any good?

well, time for a new batch of java and some laundry. Perfect way to start Sat

be well loves
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

I haven't been to the Stratosphere since my heavy drinkin days Det do I'm of no help with that,I'm sure you two will think of something fun indoors,maybe see the flowers in Bellagio? Shark Reef? Seaquest?
                            Last edited by paulywogg; April 13, 2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Well, we were kinda disappointed at the turnout at the craft fair today. It wasn't the usual hoard of people milling about. Apparently there was an Easter parade & egg hunt going on just down the road so I guess that's where everyone went. But I still made a few decent sales, I definitely did better than some of those poor folks. Next one is scheduled for July so we'll see.

Mick, with your face in the door window I know you won't be bothered by door to door salespeople, Ha ha!!!
                              Funny about your bunnies pigging out like that. Any animal would have done the same I think. I have a few reptile pics to get off my phone so I'll be back to post them.

Pauly, hope your day was better without the usual BS at work. Maybe you & Kell should open your own shop???

PQ, we've had a bit of rain but nothing to write home about. All those big storms out west fizzle out by the time they reach the east coast, yay.
                              So, did you get the grill dusted off??

Det, good to hear your new job is a hit!
                              I hope you find something fun to do this evening with your date.

Hello to Cyn, Sam, Pie & SK. Hope everyone is OK.

Let me go get those reptile pics:

2E395740-1F82-4851-A32E-393122557630.jpg817BA62F-64AB-4AC4-B83A-8BC4A148BE6C.jpg

Aren’t they cute??????

Have a nice night everyone!
                              Last edited by Lavande; April 13, 2019, 07:44 PM.
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X