Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 21 April

Mae all -

Great jokes, Mick, thanks! (Is Ascalon really the name of the sword?!) re: Sri Lanka, I am sure that you were rocked by the violence there.... it is always shocking to hear, but somehow worse when you've just visited a place. Glad to hear the moor fire is out - scary.

Lav, how did it go with the boys? I hope things were calmer. Good planning ahead for YB's surgery time - no heavy lifting for you!is the surgery soon? We hit 72 yesterday, weird. But everything greened up nicely and the azaleas are starting to pop, which is nice.

PPQ, how good to hear that you are not dreading going into work... so sorry that you have had that stress! I hope whatever snow you get goes away pronto!

Det, all good news from your corner, congrats.

Pauly, I'll have to actually look at FB so I can see your adorable ones! Hope Romeo feels better soon.

Sam, what an interesting collectable! Have fun helping that guy. How's the little calf doing?

Shout out to SK, Pi and Narilly, and anyone else dropping by...

Comment

hiya tg ..yes it is reputed to be the name of the lance that he killed the dragon with ..some have got it as Ashkelon..St George also never set foot on English soil.,he was pinched by Edward 4th?because he sounded like an Anglo Saxon legend ..he is the patron saint of Georgia and other eastern places.Yes it was a bit of a shock re the bombings ,,especially as the reasoning was in retaliation to the bombings in NZ..apparrently ,at the same time in Saudi on Sunday ,a terrorist plot was uncovered..37 were arrested...and executed yesterday...just shows the different attitudes world wide ..
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mar everybody,not much going on here,funny jokes Mick Lav,good planning on getting everything settled before YB's procedure,hope grandson is doing better? Cyn,ye I only check fb here and there too or to just post a pic,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...good job on getting organized before YB's surgery. It's just one less thing to think about. 81! wow! In between 80 and 60 is just fine by me. We're going down to -4 tonight, and that's why you don't plant before May long weekend. Lilac bush...I have noticed a couple of buds on a few bushes, it's coming. Hope the boys are good for you.

Mick...it was windy here today which was ok because it blew that big black thunder cloud into Saskatchewan. LOL Glad to hear the fire is out, those field fires can be disastrous. Does the drop in water pressure affect you? Gotta have that pressure for my showers. I like your CRAP acronym, makes perfect sense to me. I do think the "chat" helped clear the air, at least it did for me and the boss and I seem to be back to our old respect for each other. They keep changing the forecast, with my luck it'll be a blizzard come Monday morning.

TG...yes it's a lot easier to get up and go to work these days. I don't think any snow will stick around and the ground has thawed enough that it should allow the moisture in, which we need. So, now that there's no more NYC rental, does that mean hubs is around to take over the yard prep work?

Pauly...I'm the same as you with FB. I usually just check out my nephew and nieces pictures. It is nice to be able to see their growing stages. It's tuna casserole for supper tonight. Son has been sick the last 4 days and he thinks he may be able to handle that.

Shout out to Pi, Nar, Sam, Det and SK. Hope all is well with you. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Decent day here, cooler too.
            I had the boys for 5 hrs, no fights or outbursts, nice for a change

Mick, I hope you get enough rain to fill those reservoirs. I imagine they used quite a bit of water fighting those fires!
            Yep, I'm all stocked up with chicken feed so we'll be in good shape.

Cyn, I like today's high 60's much better. I'm not a summer girl because I melt when it goes >80.
            I got the boys to help me clip lilacs tonight. I reached up as high as I could & bent the branches down to their height so they could clip them for me. Great team work

Pauly, hope Romeo is feeling better by now.

PQ, can you throw a tarp or something over your lilac before the snow arrives? That way maybe it won't even notice, haha!
            Hope your son is feeling better, what's going on with him?

Hello to Sam & our missing friends. Hope everyone is OK.
            Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all ...how are swe today then ? hope all is well with everyone ..Well the hot spell is over ..raining good here this morning ...both rabbits playing in the garage at the moment .not a lot happening ,Im tying to get all my little jobs done ,then Ican play with the trains again!!the trouble with me is I have too many intersts ...better than ha=ving none and sit watching telly all day.ok lets have a quick brew then ,

hiya Lav ,glad you got the feed sorted out ,and a 5hr spell with no fighting?? maybe you need to do something like that ..give them jobs to do they might be at that bored stage of life ..take care and have a nice day .

hiya ppqp...hows life nit the fast lane today then?glad the chat seems to have worked out for you at work..Lav is right if poss get a cover over the lilac ,save the buds getting frost damaged...hows your son doing is he feeling better?good move sending your rubbish weather to sasky chew one.......have a nice day ..

hiya pauly ..you well? hope so .what are you up to today then?you still at work?still looking for elsewhere?..have a great day girl .

hiya teegee ..well have you slowed down a bit yet?you probably need a break after going 10 to the dozen over the last few weeks .whats the latest ? is everything as it should be ?take care and have a great day#

hiya everyone else ...hopr you are all good ...take care ..

Murphy said to Paddy, “Paddy, you’ve done a grand job with that wallpapering, that you have.”

Paddy said, “Thanks a lot, Murphy.”

Murphy added, “One thing though, Paddy.”

“What’s that, Murphy?”

“Will you be doing the inside of the house as well?”

"What the hell is that?" asked my mate.

"It's my Labrador retriever," I said.

"It looks more like a bloody lion," he joked.

"It is," I replied, "not one fcking Labrador has got away from him yet."

I used to be a stool examiner for the NHS but I'd no enthusiasm for it.
              I was just going through the motions.

A not very well publicised period of ancient chinese history is when they were ruled by a succession of very ugly women or the Minging Dynasty as it was later known.

The wife stuck spoon in my bum this morning

I'm sick of her treating me like a mug

I visited old Amsterdam and we went to an old windmill, inside I swear I saw a mouse wearing clogs, going clip clippity clop on the stairs .

Mind you, I had been smoking a shit load of weed.

Jo Brand is so ugly they had to tie a chop around her neck to get the dog to play with her.

What do the scousers call bin collection day?

Lent.

Remember kids; anything is possible when a bar bouncer became pope of the Catholic Church & a failed businessman the president of the United States.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hello Abbers!

Quick one, as I must head out the door soon.

Mick, it 's great that you have so many interests - that keeps you happy and healthy! I will be having a bumper crop of dandelions this year... shall I send you the greens? I worked solidly on the house and the land yesterday... not too many more days I can do that, as my clients are now back and ready to work with me. Getting close to what I feel is presentable... I'll try to get pics. Oh, and NO, hubs is no good with land work... he grew up in flats and apartments, so no experience there! Say hi to the rabbits for me...

Lav, sounds like your steady head and hand is the ticket for your grandson... I wish he could stay with you more often. I'm with you - 60s are divine!

Pauly, how's stuff? Kids feeling OK?

PPQ - I used to live in a northern US state, and we had exactly your weather... we didn't dare put anything in the ground until the end of May. Good luck, and I hope the snow goes a different direction.

Hello To Det, SK, Pi, Narilly and all else hopping by today.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad to hear the boys were behaved for you. Makes you wonder eh? The lilac bushes are at the community centre, we have about 10 of them, so they're on their own. Now if it was mine, that would be a different story. Son is feeling better. It all started with a couple of wicked dental appointments and then when he finally was able to eat it disagreed with him. He was able to eat yesterday and the dental check up today finishes his appointments.

Mick...I think having too many interests is a good thing to have. Just can't picture you sitting watching tv. LOL Sunny here but the strong winds were cold. I think sasky chew one sent our weather back. They're predicting we'll wake up to snow, we shall see. They're also calling for a total of 8 inches. Hope they're wrong. I have a feeling it's going to be weird weather for all of us this summer.

TG...so you can't wrangle hubs into landscaping eh? Figures. You gotta be just about done and we'd love a pic or two.

So red dots have appeared on the back of my hands and up my arms. I think the dreaded psoriasis is back. When I stopped taking the Methotrexate my doc said it would probably return. Took almost 18 months though. Trying to remember the name of the cream with the "special" ingredient in it. Anyone know? Have a restful Friday Eve Night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day again today but tomorrow is supposed to be rain, thunder storms & all that stuff. I'm sure I can find something to do inside for just a day

Mick, glad you're getting rain, you need it after the fires.
                    I have lots of interests too & can get distracted. I never get bored, haha! I hope you can get back to your trains soon!

Cyn, my grandson has mood swings faster than a race car. I never know what I'm going to see from day to day with him. When he's in a good mood he's very pleasant. When he's in a bad mood - look out, haha! I truly believe 'consistency' helps these kids. I read all about that when my son was young & climbing the walls. Keeping meal times & bed times are really important to kids like this & I know that's not happening with him. He keeps telling me he really likes coming to my house, so that's at least something.
                    Rain predicted all day tomorrow so you should take a break from the outdoor stuff woman! LOL

PQ, are you talking about an OTC psoriasis cream? I've read that Dermarest is really good. It has salicylic acid & zinc complex. Sorry you have to deal with that again.
                    I really hope you do not get 8" of snow, that's just ridiculous.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam & everyone.

Have a nice night one & all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

mae all....how are we today then? good I hope ...just lost a post ...thats not all...I bought some little pots of herbs with the intent of making a herb garden ,coriander basil parsley ...rosemary ..went to check on rabbits after I had let them out ..one little b/w bunny sitting amongst a load of stalks ..end of herb garden..They love the dried dandelion ...going to pick some more today.....

20190423_082546.jpg

so lets have a brew ..its poets day today ..anyone got weekend plans?

hiya Lav hows you then today ? al good ? I was thinking of my interests and hobbies....gardening ,making things ,metal detecting woodworking (out of scrap)walking /swimming keeping fit ,trains ,history ,and thats just a couple ..
                      you are probably right when you say grandson needs consistency ...everyone needs a routine okay ,sometimes you kick the trace ,ie Im bored with this ,but you give someone a blank canvas for a month and you will find a routine...people need a known in the unknown..could be part of the issue ...have a nice weekend

hiya ppqp sorry to hear the psoriasis is possibly on the return ,my brother used to get it ,and I am pretty sure there was zinc in the cream ..betnovate???glad son is ok now ..well did you get any snow?8 inches eh ? is that a male or female measurement!!you have a good weekend ..hope the red dots clear up soon for you .

hiya tg ..yepIl have the dandy lions..save me going picking them ..time they are freighted they will be dry too!Julie is the same in the garden...happy directing ,but not so clever ..or interested in getting to the end result ..its the result not the doing that counts !gald you are almost finished on the land ,be nice to see ,my one regret is the garden isnt bigger ....still I can almost class the fields over the back as a green field extension .Have a nice weekend ..

hiya pauly sam det ,et al ,whatever you are up to ,have a good weekend ..

The disappointment club is pleased to announce that the Meeting on Friday is cancelled

The son went to his dad and asked him, "Dad, what's an alchoholic?"

So the dad replied, "Do you see those four trees? Well, an alcoholic would see eight."

The son replied, "But Dad, I only see two."

Never offer your hand, follow her lead and only eat when she eats.

Royal etiquette or owning a Pitbull?

If garbage cans could have sex, would they end up having a litter?

After his exam the doctor said to the elderly man, "You appear to be in good health. Do you have any medical concerns you would like to ask me about?"

"In fact, I do," said the old man. "After I have sex I am usually hot and sweaty, and then, after I have sex with her the second time, I am usually cold and chilly."

After examining his elderly wife, the doctor said, "Everything appears to be fine. Do you have any medical concerns that you would like to discuss with me?"

The lady replied that she had no questions or concerns. The doctor then said to her: "Your husband had an unusual concern." He claims that he is usually hot and sweaty after having sex with you the first time, and then cold and chilly after the second time. Do you know why?"

"Oh that crazy old jerk," she replied. "That's because the first time is usually in August and the second time is in January."

A nun is sitting with her Mother Superior chatting. "I used some horrible language this week and feel absolutely terrible about it" When did you use this awful language?" asks the elder.

Well, I was golfing and hit an incredible drive that looked like it was going to go over 280 yards, but it struck a phone line that is hanging over the fairway and fell straight down to the ground after going only about 100 yards."

"Is that when you swore?"

"No, Mother," says the nun. "After that, a squirrel ran out of the bushes and grabbed my ball in its mouth and began to run away."

"Is THAT when you swore?" asks the Mother Superior again.

"Well, no." says the nun. "You see, as the squirrel was running,an eagle came down out of the sky, grabbed the squirrel in his talons and began to fly away!"

"Is THAT when you swore?" asks the amazed elder nun ?

"No, not yet. As the eagle carried the squirrel away in its claws,it flew near the green and the squirrel dropped my ball."

"Did you swear THEN?" asked Mother Superior, becoming impatient.

"No, because the ball fell on a big rock, bounced over the sand trap, rolled onto the green and stopped about six inches from the hole.

The two nuns were silent for a moment

Then Mother Superior sighed and sai

"You missed the f**king putt, didn't you?

Air Traffic Controllers

Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"
                      Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"

"TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."

"Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

"Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"

From an unknown aircraft waiting in a very long takeoff queue: "I'm f...ing bored!"

Ground Traffic Control: "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself immediately!"

Unknown aircraft: "I said I was f...ing bored, not f...ing stupid!"

O'Hare Approach Control to a 747: "United 329 heavy, your traffic is a Fokker, one o'clock, three miles, Eastbound."

United 329: "Approach, I've always wanted to say this... I've got the little Fokker in sight."

A student became lost during a solo cross-country flight. While attempting to locate the aircraft on radar, ATC asked, "What was your last known position?"

Student: "When I was number one for takeoff."

A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down. San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able. If you are not able, take the Guadeloupe exit off Highway 101, make a right at the lights and return to the airport."

Taxiing down the tarmac, a DC-10 abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate. After an hour-long wait, it finally took off.

A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What, exactly, was the problem?"

"The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the flight attendant.

"It took us a while to find a new pilot.

A Pan Am 727 flight waiting for start clearance in Munich overheard the following:

Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"

Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."

Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in Germany. Why must I speak English?"

Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent): "Because you lost the bloody war."

Tower: "Eastern 702, cleared for takeoff, contact Departure on frequency 124.7"

Eastern 702: "Tower, Eastern 702 switching to Departure. By the way, after we lifted off we saw some kind of dead animal on the far end of the runway."

Tower: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff behind Eastern 702, contact Departure on frequency 124.7. Did you copy that report from Eastern 702?"

Continental 635: "Continental 635, cleared for takeoff, roger; and yes, we copied Eastern... we've already notified our caterers."

One day the pilot of a Cherokee 180 was told by the tower to hold short of the active runway while a DC-8 landed. The DC-8 landed, rolled out, turned around, and taxied back past the Cherokee.

Some quick-witted comedian in the DC-8 crew got on the radio and said, "What a cute little plane. Did you make it all by yourself?"

he Cherokee pilot, not about to let the insult go by, came back with a real zinger: "I made it out of DC-8 parts. Another landing like yours and I'll have enough parts for another one."

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are renowned as a short-tempered lot. They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location, but how to get there without any assistance from them.

So it was with some amusement that we (a Pan Am 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground control and a British Airways 747, call sign Speedbird 206.

Speedbird 206: "Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of active runway."
                      Ground: "Speedbird 206. Taxi to gate Alpha One-Seven."

The PA 747 pulled onto the main taxiway and slowed to a stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know where you are going?"
                      Speedbird 206: "Stand by, Ground, I'm looking up our gate location now."
                      Ground (with quite arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, have you not been to Frankfurt before?"
                      Speedbird 206 (coolly): "Yes, twice in 1944, but it was dark, -- And I didn't land."

While taxiing at London's Gatwick Airport, the crew of a US Air flight departing for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose with a United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew, screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta!
                      Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get it right!"

Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shouting hysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take forever to sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! You can expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I want you to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you! You got that, US Air 2771?"

"Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded.

Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terribly silent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771.

Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out around Gatwick was definitely running high.

Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone, asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"

Comment

Quick hello to all -

Off to the races... have been taking pics... will try to post some. Lav, I boutght a complete rain suit, so I am impervious to the weather (and it slows the ticks down...!). Doing yard work this morning, then working with a move client this afternoon.

POETS day -- explain please !

Wishing all a fine Friday --

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick thanks for the jokes Cyn,I think POETS is " piss off early tomorrow's Saturday"? Something like that anyhoo,not much going on here,just allergy city and I swore I wouldn't complain anymore but it's really getting me down,I'm so prone to anxiety that when I take stuff for the allergies it revs me up! Last night was awful,this too shall pass,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

poets day explained !!!well donepolly xx

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Amazed we still have power after a truly gusty thunder storm a little while ago. Had a tornado warning too but that's expired. WTH is with all the tornadoes lately??? Climate change or what?
                              I made a pretty decent vegan corn & potato chowder in the IP, cooking time 8 minutes!!!

Mick, I always have an assortment of sewing or embroidery projects started. I work on stuff when I feel like it but want to play outside when the weather is nice, haha!! I truly never get bored. I also am in the process of reading several books. That's just the way I like to do things.
                              My grandson will continue to receive consistent love & care from us but he will also receive appropriate discipline. I don't want him to think he can get away from responsibility by being here if you know what I mean?

Cyn, we really need a selfie of you in your rain suit
                              Glad you are tick proof now!!

Pauly, dealing with allergies is tiresome. I agree. Do you ever take regular old Benadryl? I take it at night for it's sedative effect. I've taken it during the day & it hasn't put me to sleep so it might help with the allergy related anxiety.

Hello to PQ, Det, Sam & everyone.
                              Have a nice night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...currently under a Winter Storm Watch!

Lav...yes I was talking about an OTC psoriasis cream, thanks for the info. I'm going to try the cream first but I'll probably have to go back on the Methotrexate I love thunderstorms but can live without any tornadoes. Glad you didn't loose any power. Here's hoping our Storm Watch doesn't change to a Warning.

Mick...the one little b/w bunny must have thought that was the appetizer before the main course of dandelion. So far no snow, oh and that would be a female measurement, but we'll see what tomorrow brings. Dots not too bad on my hands and arms and they don't bother me, no itching or anything. The bottom of my feet are really starting to hurt though. I agree about the Zinc but there's still something else, will let you know when I find out.

Pauly...so glad you posted...I had no idea what POETS day meant. Won't tell you what I thought it meant. LOL Saw a book in our Little Free Library titled The Natural Way to Deal with Allergies and thought of you. Also thought she's probably tried them all. LOL

Shout out to Sam, Pi, Det and SK. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X