21 April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 21 April

well well ....last week the sun was crackin the flags ,now Im watching the rain in the fields growing..deeper ..we are in the middle of storm Hannah ..it is really wazzin it down ..Im supposed to be out detecting tomorrow...we are getting near the end of the season ,it has been a pretty lean year,but to be fair Ive had a heck of a lot of other stuff to do .
    Phoned brother ,he is going into hosp for another op 8th May ...they wanted him in now but he refused....(dont ask!!)I collected another bin back full of dandy lions yesterday in the rain for the rabbits

ok brew time it is

hiya ppqp....you ok?so you didnt know what poets day meant ..and this is our 7th year here??..glad the spots arent bad ....have a look at this ..I had a look at a few and they are much of amuchness..

Finding the Best Lotion for Your Psoriasis

aloe vera seems to be a good one .

Il iked the the title of the book you saw in your library ....there are a couple of other ways too.,sneak up on them when they are basking in the sun very quietly From behind throw a large cloth over their heads ,jump on their backs ,downward pressure to keep jaws shut ,and pray..

or is that..dealing with alligators????osteroops: :belchha:

in the meantime have a good weekend

hiya Lav ,how are you today then? good I hope ...yup like you I have always got stuff on the go ,even long ter m...it depends on the weather if its nice I dont siti n if it rains I usually dont go out ..well thats the theory I have a long term project too ..to inset tiles of a trawler fishing /sea /beach harbour into the bathroom wall ..I have never seen yet what I want ...when I do it will be done...again like you I read a lot ,at present I have 2 books on the go and one on my kindle..corn and potato chowder ?Ive just had to goggle the difference between chowder and soup..now very au fait with the culinary aspects of thick soup.hope you have a lovley weekend

hiya pauly ....different angle complete here?Im not trying to be a smart ass or cheeky here ,but have you ever thought that you could be willing stuff on ? Reason I say that ,is because Im a great believer in your mind is a big cure all..thats from personal experience ..ok we get colds etc ,but thinking well ,helps ..so mebbes look at hypnotism or acupuncture something like that ? dont know its just a thot ...have a good weekend anyway ..

hiya teegee ..in your tick free rain suit ...how are you doing today then?good I hope ..is the weekend your own or are you working?whatever it is hope its a good one...

hiya to everyone else ..

Here's a tip for all those people complaining about McDonald's paper straws

Take the lid off and drink it like a grown up.

The boss called us in for a meeting earlier, he sighed, “We’ve got quite a mountain to climb.”

Assumed he was speaking metaphorically ... until I saw the Tibetan monastery address on the pizza order.

Me and the wife have decided to restore power sharing in our relationship.
    She tells me what to do and I do it

Apparently the restoration of Notre Dame could take as long as 150 years to re-store, meaning the only person alive today likely to see it finished is Keith Richards.

My wife currently has lawsuits right now against several major websites.

She's livid she never get any biscuits after they said they were going to "track her with cookies for a better experience !"

I'm so sick of film spoilers. If anyone tells me what happens in the new Ted Bundy film I'm going to kill them.

Republicans claim God sent Trump.

I'm guessing God's run out of locusts...

What happens to a frog's car when it breaks down?
    It gets toad away.

Q: What did the duck say when he bought lipstick?
    A: "Put it on my bill."

A teacher asked her students to use the word "beans" in a sentence. "My father grows beans," said one girl. "My mother cooks beans," said a boy. A third student spoke up, "We are all human beans."

Q: Why couldn't the blonde add 10 + 5 on a calculator?
    A: She couldn't find the "10" button.

Q: Why did the witches' team lose the baseball game?
    A: Their bats flew away.

A husband and wife were driving through Louisiana. As they approached Natchitoches, they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town. They argued back and forth, then they stopped for lunch. At the counter, the husband asked the blonde waitress, "Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us? Would you please pronounce where we are very slowly?" She leaned over the counter and said, "Burrr-gerrr Kiiing."

There was an elderly couple who in their old age noticed that they were getting a lot more forgetful, so they decided to go to the doctor. The doctor told them that they should start writing things down so they don't forget. They went home and the old lady told her husband to get her a bowl of ice cream. "You might want to write it down," she said. The husband said, "No, I can remember that you want a bowl of ice cream." She then told her husband she wanted a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream. "Write it down," she told him, and again he said, "No, no, I can remember: you want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream." Then the old lady said she wants a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top. "Write it down," she told her husband and again he said, "No, I got it. You want a bowl of ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry on top." So he goes to get the ice cream and spends an unusually long time in the kitchen, over 30 minutes. He comes out to his wife and hands her a plate of eggs and bacon. The old wife stares at the plate for a moment, then looks at her husband and asks, "Where's the toast?"

Q: Why did the can crusher quit his job?
    A: Because it was soda pressing.

During lunch at work, I ate 3 plates of beans (which I know I shouldn't). When I got home, my husband seemed excited to see me and exclaimed delightedly, "Darling I have a surprise for dinner tonight." He then blindfolded me and led me to my chair at the dinner table. I took a seat and just as he was about to remove my blindfold, the telephone rang. He made me promise not to touch the blindfold until he returned and went to answer the call. The beans I had consumed were still affecting me and the pressure was becoming unbearable, so while my husband was out of the room I seized the opportunity, shifted my weight to one leg and let one go. It was not only loud, but it smelled like a fertilizer truck running over a skunk in front of a garbage dump! I took my napkin from my lap and fanned the air around me vigorously. Then, shifting to the other leg, I ripped off three more. The stink was worse than cooked cabbage. Keeping my ears carefully tuned to the conversation in the other room, I went on releasing atomic bombs like this for another few minutes. The pleasure was indescribable! Eventually the telephone farewells signaled the end of my freedom, so I quickly fanned the air a few more times with my napkin, placed it on my lap and folded my hands back on it feeling very relieved and pleased with myself. My face must have been the picture of innocence when my husband returned, apologizing for taking so long. He asked me if I had peaked through the blindfold, and I assured him I had not. At this point, he removed the blindfold, and twelve dinner guests seated around the table, with their hands to their noses, chorused, "Happy Birthday!"
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...snow a no show so far...sitting at 0 degrees. Snowfall warning in effect just north and west and predicted to hit Calgary this afternoon.

Mick...thanks for the link....the ingredient I was looking for was glycerin. Although my rheumatoid doctor is on maternity leave until October I do have an appointment with my GP on the 14th so will discuss my options with her. Sorry to hear your brother is being difficult and hope the op on the 8th will help. Going to pop over to the community garden and try to tarp the load of compost we brought in yesterday. Will spend the rest of the weekend hiding indoors, maybe get the taxes done?

Have a Super Sober Saturday and I'll check back in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick best wishes for your brothers surgery ok I'd love to see how your body would react to this dusty deset air? Maybe you could will/wish it away but I cant and alot of other people can't either that I see on a daily basis,you won't hear another word out of me about it.PQ,have fun at the garden center and good luck on the taxes yuck! Waves to all and have a great BF Saturday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening folks!

Hey Pauly, I may have already mentioned this but years ago I made a springtime visit to my brother who was living in southern Idaho at the time. My daughter & I both ended up in a doctor's office having severe allergy symptoms. I think a lot of it was dust related & also the air was very smoky from some forest fire going on north of us.
          My allergies have been breaking thru my twice daily Zyrtec all this week. I feel for you but try the Benadryl, it helps.

Mick, I was busy all day & I can't even begin to tell you what I did, haha! The weather was nice after all the storms last night, that was a plus.
          I have to 'veganize' things so I can eat them without getting grief from my gut. Making a thick soup without butter & cream is a challenge but doable

PQ, I'm praying for a now sn*w weekend for you!!!!!!! No one deserves that, geez!!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav...the "no snow" is sadly not to be. We are in the middle of a blizzard. Not that I would mind as I got lots of supplies in this morning to wait it out. Both boys home, lots of food, heat, water etc. No worries. Then, to my angst, oldest son (36yr) bounded out the door going to a party. :sad: He just texted saying he made it ok and I sure hope he stays there. Of course I'll be not sleeping yet again tonight.

Oh...I meant to tell you that I went to the pharmacist to ask about the OTC psoriasis cream and after one look he said no you need the prescription dose to stop it. He renewed a prescription for Betamethasone and yes I know it's powerful and have to be careful. (Learned the hard way the first time it was prescribed.) I am grateful that Canadian Pharmacists are now able to prescribe/renew prescriptions on their own. Of course the prescription is recorded and sent to the my doctor.
            Last edited by porqoui; April 27, 2019, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X