Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 28th April

MAE ALL...

Lav...I didn't realize how involved things are with YB's surgery. That is a lot of appointments to go through. I'd be interested in the genetic testing as well. I think it's a hoot that you discussed the IP.

Det...sounds like a couple of great prezzies for yourself. I'm sure you'll enjoy both of them.

Mick...white rabbits to you too. Feeling pretty good these days. Got my taxes paid and still have money in the bank. Finished a major contract project at work this morning so played cards this afternoon. LOL

TG...I can just picture you falling asleep at the keyboard and understand why. We're still getting minor snow fall late afternoon/evening nothing sticking around but having to scrape the windshield again in the mornings does not make me happy.

Pauly...you doing ok?

Heading in early tomorrow, dropping the car off for an oil change. Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I'm fine PQ,just not alot to say,just been posting in the nest and steppers
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
        I'm fine PQ,just not alot to say,just been posting in the nest and steppers
        Thanks for checking in.....:hug:

Comment

morning all....quick jump in Im at the dentists.,.just been to check on Julies dad ...he was poorly yesterday ,went unconscious we called an ambulance ...an hour later it still hadnt turnedup!we cancelled the ambulance and took him to the hosp ..Some 6 hours later he had been seen and diagnosed .Pouring down with rain atm,

hello Pauly ,hope you are well

hiya ppqp,a good afternoon playing cards ?good job .Did you get your car sorted?

hiya Lav....how are you apart from mad as a box o frogs!!!m sure you are on a commission basis..glad the first part of ybs surgery went well..how the grandsons doing?

big shout all
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...an hour and no ambulance, I'd freak. Glad you were able to get him to the hospital even if you had to spend a lot of time there. Hope everything is ok, I'm assuming you were able to take him home. No rain here, or snow for that matter but it was 0C and the sky was full of thick black clouds. Got the car sorted and they found another screw in the tire. Guess I gotta quit screwing around eh?

Thinking of the rest of the crew and wishing everyone a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Mick...update, it is now pouring down with rain. I caught up to your weather system. LOL
            Last edited by porqoui; May 2, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Greetings friends,

Had my grandsons here until 9:30 tonight but everyone lived, haha!
              They got into a slapping fest as soon as they got into my car this afternoon & I opened my mouth & let them have it, geez! I'm not putting up with that nonsense. I think I must have scared them straight, I didn't have any more trouble after that, haha!

PQ, I would suggest you stop screwing around, LOL
              Where are you picking up screws in your tires? Is there any construction going on near by? I hope the rain is better for you than snow. We're likely to be having thunder storms over the next few days, the atmosphere is warm & moist, yuck.

Mick, sorry your FIL is not well. Does he have cardiac problems or blood sugar problems? I hope she's stable now, geez.
              Did you have fun at the dentist? Just kidding

Pauly, how do we get you talking again?

For those of you on Facebook, you've probably gotten an invitation to like a new page I put up. I just wanted to show folks the things I've been embroidering lately & get the word around in addition to the craft fairs I've been doing. I have a lot more to put on the page yet, when I have time.

Helo to Det, Cyn & Sam. Pie, where are you in addition to SK?

Have a nice night everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

how do all?
                been a busy time of the year, actually a little overwhelming. I knew there was a treason I enjoyed the winter time. Next week I go to Kentucky to a "how to use" seminar on the surveying software I use.

here's a little show and tell:

finished work at the gas pump guy's place.
                IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg.

one day this week, went to a church where they want me to lay out grave sites, dying to get that done. Here's the view from there.IMG_2636.jpg

ticks seem to be pretty active this year, I've gotten a bit more wary after the shingle thing. Thank goodness that was a brief encounter. I know some folks that it lasts for a long time.

been thinking of you all and hope everyone is well
                Sam
                Last edited by Samstone; May 3, 2019, 07:15 AM.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Sam...great pics, you have been busy. Glad the shingles were short lived. Great pics, thanks. Looks like quite a few grave sites to layout with all that land.

Have a Fabulous Friday everyone, will check back in after work...:smile:PPQP

Comment

afternoon all ...just back ..out across the moors on a hike ...enjoyed it ...the map doesnt show it ..but if you look at google maps of the area its all moor ..plus the blackstone edge where the romans were .

Screenshot_20190503-163436_MapMyWalk.jpg

hiya Sam nice pics mate ..glad you are feeling better..weather looks pretty good there too.

hiya ppqp ...poets day ...as well as cards day..make the most of it..and have a good weekend

hiya Lav so the kids were playing up?ha you can mess with the rest ..not with the best!...hows yb doing?hope all is well..

hiya everyone else wherever you are .
                    Last edited by Mick; May 4, 2019, 12:29 AM.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...sorry but the pic didn't work. Glad you enjoyed your hike, sounds like some good me time. Yup, poets day, I must start that up at work. LOL No cards today but it was nice and quiet got a lot accomplished. Looking forward to the weekend even if it does snow.

Lav...I'll say hi now as I'm sure you'll be posting right after me.

Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Right as usual PQ - posting right after you
                        I hope your snow is super minimal this weekend!

Sam, great pics & boy do they bring back some childhood memories
                        That looks like a great place for some folks to spend eternity, nice.
                        We have noticed some tick activity around here too, be careful out there!

Mick, glad to hear you were out & about.
                        I went to see the Oncologist with YB today. He seems to believe that YB's chances of clearing the melanoma are quite good. I think after he gets the pathology report after next week's surgery some of his worries should be greatly reduced. They will be looking for lymph node involvement & if that's negative then all should be good. It's something YB can't control & I think that's what bothers him the most, if you know what I mean.
                        The boys were both happy when they left here last evening despite me having to scare them into compliance, haha! Kensho in the NN just said something to me that I think I'll turn into an embroidered wall hanging - KEEP CALM & GRANDMA ON I love that, LOL

Hello to Det, Cyn, Pauly, Pie & everyone.
                        Have a nice night!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, what an ordeal with Julie's father!! I hope all is well now - how lucky he is to have you both close by. I was in NYC yesterday, and an ambulance was in gridlock on Broadway, trying to get the poor person to the hospital... the police cars with their sirens on also, trying to help, but there was no place for the cars to move over to in order to let the ambulance by... what a nightmare... makes me glad for our volunteer EMFs up here - only cows might get in the way. Your hike looked fabulous! Since I've done one coastal walk, I'd like to do a moor walk also some time. How did the heavy pack feel? When is the big hike/race? Hi to the bunnies...

Lav, so glad that all is going well so far - keeping fingers crossed! I thought MOHS surgery was for the more advanced stuff, or is it where they do a more cosmetic approach? HA, the IP strikes again as a conversation starter! Good job with the boys, I still think your steady hand is what they need... Congrats on the FB page!! Awesome - that might get me to actually look at FB!

PPQ, thank goodness for rain instead of snow. Sounds like you have had a calm, productive week, great - hope the weekend is good.

Pauly, c'mon, whatever you want to talk about is great here! I have been reviewing my sobriety lit and really enjoying the Annie Grace stuff... do they talk about that in the Nest? Powerful stuff. I know that I have been under such pressure this spring (self-imposed) that I need to boost my AF reasoning and confidence... I hope someday I won't have to, but for now I have to give it some time and attention. I'd love to hear your perspective.

SK - are you out there? Miss you and the tales of Misty the Terror Kitten.

Det, how are things, chugging along?

Sam, loved the pics, how interesting. Grave sites, wow that's a job. I agree about winter - I always consider it calm down-time as far as outside activities go!

Hello to Pi and Nar and anyone else.

Yesterday was a quick trip into NYC and back - dermatologist. I had one pre-cancer frozen, and poor hubs had 5! Glad to have a careful and proactive Dermatologist. Wednesday we had a serious showing - the person stayed over an hour. Tomorrow we have 2; one couple is returning a second time. So out I go today to finish up some planting, and a million other 'final touches'. Thank goodness our lawn guy came and mowed, fixed a huge stone step and took down the leaning trees. (The things I did not attempt!) things are looking pretty good here...

Wishing all a good Saturday (and Pauly a good work day). I feel so lucky to have this group...

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then?good iI hope .well Im resting today,doing some gardening etc ,weather is blowy but dry ...ok brew time ..

hiya treegirl..you doing ok?sounds like you are pretty busy !Yes Julies dad is as ok as can be ,considering ,.The moor walk yesterday was good I enjoyed it ...it is a good one to build on..it crosses drovers trails the Roman road ,and the Pennine Way..Carrying the pack was ok ,no great problem ...Im out on Monday ,up towards Brighouse ...this one gives me the height above sea level hopefully .Big one is on the 5th/6th July..Inever read it ,but This Naked Mind is the book that Julie read and has on her kindle..she is very methodical and logical ...and needs reasons etc to do things ...She swears by that book Annie has also got a lot of stuff on you tube too.
                            No reason why you shouldnt boost yourself if you need it ..some of us do ,some dont ,some to a greater extent ,some lesser ...its immaterial..It isnt a weakness ...the strength is in the identifying and acting pre as opposed to post .Take care and have a nice weekend

Keep calm and grandma on......nice ...how are you today then Lav?good I hope ..fingers crossed for yb..sounds like things should be ok ...but yes I know what you mean about things out of your control.

hiya ppqp...hows you?no cards ...oh no ...did you get snow this weekend?hope not or if it was it was minimal...any plans or a just as it happens weekend ..

big hiya to everyone else ....

My wife and I went to see a psychiatrist.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"Our son has got an imaginary friend," said my wife.

"There is nothing wrong with a good healthy imagination to help a child to develop, and this is very common and nothing to worry about at all." Said the psychiatrist.

"We haven't got a son." I replied.

National Hedgehog week next week? What prick thought of that!

As I walked past a tramp in a shop doorway he shouted "any spare coppers?"

I told him; If there were any 'spare' coppers
                            they'd be moving you on you dirty get

Why shouldn't you buy pants from the Ukraine?

Chernobyl fall out

Real Letter to the Bank
                            A 98-year-old American woman wrote this to her bank. The bank manager thought it amusing enough to have it published in the New York Times... but you could just imagine this being published in the London Times also....

Dear Sir:

I am writing to thank you for bouncing my check with which I endeavoured to pay my plumber last month.

By my calculations, three 'nanoseconds' must have elapsed between his presenting the check and the arrival in my account of the funds needed to honour it. I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit of my Social Security check, an arrangement that, I admit, has been in place for only eight years.

You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of opportunity, and also for debiting my account $30 by way of penalty for the inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to rethink my errant financial ways.

I noticed that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters, when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, pre-recorded, faceless entity that your bank has become.

From now on, I, like you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan payments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive at your bank by check, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee at your bank whom you must nominate.

Be aware that it is an offence under the Postal Act for any other person to open such an envelope. Please find attached an Application Contact Status that I require your chosen employee to complete.

I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no alternative.

Please note that a Notary Public must countersign all copies of his or her medical history, and the mandatory details of his/her financial situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by documented proof.

In due course, I will issue your employee with a PIN number that he/she must quote in dealings with me.

I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits but, again, I have modelled it on the number of button presses required of me to access my account balance on your phone bank service. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Let me level the playing field even further. When you call me, press buttons as follows:

1-- To make an appointment to see me.
                            2-- To query a missing payment.
                            3-- To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.
                            4-- To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping.
                            5-- To transfer the call to my toilet in case I am attending to nature.
                            6-- To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home.
                            7-- To leave a message on my computer (a password to access my computer is required. A password will be communicated to you at a later date to the Authorized Contact.)
                            8-- To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through 7.
                            9-- To make a general complaint or inquiry, the contact will then be put on hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service.

While this may, on occasion, involve a lengthy wait uplifting music will play for the duration of the call.

Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an establishment fee to cove r the setting up of this new arrangement.

May I wish you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous, New Year.

Your Humble Client

(Remember: a 98-year-old woman wrote this)

JUST GOTTA LOVE SENIORS!

Quotes from Some Girls
                            To the Girls!!

Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what happened. -Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies (Unknown) aka Helen Matz

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy--Helen Hayes (at 73)-

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs I think of them as stray eyebrows. -Janette Barber-

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first one being รข€“ hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. -Erma Bombeck-

Old age ain't no place for sissies. -Bette Davis-

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart. -Caryn Leschen-

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. -Catherine-

I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.-Roseanne Barr-

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman. -Maryon Pearson-

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. -Eleanor Roosevelt-

A man, and his wife are awakened at 3 o'clock in the morning by a loud pounding on the door.

The man gets up and goes to the door where a drunken stranger, Standing in the pouring rain, is asking for a push.

"Not a chance," says the husband, "it is 3 o'clock in the morning!"

He slams the door and returns to bed.

"Who was that?" asked his wife.

"Just some drunk guy asking for a push," he answers.

"Did you help him?" she asks.

"No, I did not! It's 3 o'clock in the morning and it is pouring out there!"

"Well, you have a short memory," says his wife. "Can't you remember about three months ago when we broke down and those two guys helped us? I think you should help him, and you should be ashamed of yourself!"

The man does as he is told, gets dressed, and goes out into the pounding rain.

He calls out into the dark, "Hello, are you still there?"

"Yes" comes back the answer.

"Do you still need a push?" calls out the husband.

"Yes, Please!" comes the reply from the dark.

"Where are you?" asks the husband.

"Over here on the swing!" replies the drunk.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for fixing the picture, checked it out on google as well. A resting day is perfect. Sounds like no back problem after the training trek, that's what I'm most worried about on the big one. "the strength is in the identifying and acting pre as opposed to post"...so true in almost every aspect of life. Think I'll have a look at that book. Glad Julies Dad is as ok as can be expected. Not dry here today. Rain drops finally changed to snow flakes and it'll probably go back and forth like that all weekend. At least it's not supposed to accumulate.

TG...sounds like you got a winner with your Dermatologist. The showings sound really positive and having the lawn guy take care of those things for you is ace. Don't forget to shoot us some pics.

Lav...good news about YB, what an ordeal. Fingers crossed for a negative result on the lymph nodes. I've seen the Keep Calm and Grandma On slogan before and it fits you to a "T". If you embroider one on an XL "purple" sweat shirt you'll have my order. Perfect for my twin sister. Went out to get a crock pot, perfect day for beef stroganoff, and right beside it was an IP. I really hummed and hawed over my choice. Maybe next time.

There was a free preview running on one of the stations I don't get so I've got lots taped to occupy me this weekend. Have a great day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

No rain yet, maybe tonight. It’s just been cloudy all day which gives me a good excuse to turn all the lights on in my shop & do some stitching
                                We did run out to a farmers market this morning for some awesome Amish grown veggies & fresh baked bread, yum.

Cyn, you have been your usual busy self I see
                                I guess seeing a dermatologist every once in a while is something we should all be doing. Age doesn’t help this stuff in any way or fashion I’m afraid. Sounds like there’s some interest in your house, that’s great. Maybe the potential buyers will get into a bidding war & you will walk away with lots of extra $$. Wouldn’t that be cool? Watching that procedure the other day was interesting & a bit surprising. It wasn’t what I was expecting from reading about MOHs but possibly the surgeon had other plans? Anyway we found out yesterday that that spot is now clear. Trying to take this one procedure at a time & not get ahead of ourselves.

PQ, I hope you’re not seeing snow, really. I was just outside admiring my new azaleas from last year, they’re blooming nicely.
                                As soon as I get that design put together I'll post a picture, ha ha! I haven’t seen it anywhere, I thought Pav had an original idea, ha ha.
                                I actually have the ‘Keep Calm’ embroidery font. So how did the new crockpot work out?

I’ll just leave a HELLO to everyone else. I have to go close up the chicken house before it gets too dark.

Have a nice night y’all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X