Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 19

Greetings friends!

Just getting home around 10 pm after a visit with our girls Nice to do that mid-week sometimes
    Sunny & low 70's again, lovely except the pollen is deadly, ugh.

PQ, so happy to hear the leg is improving, yay!
    Geez, I don't want to jinx myself but our internet has been pretty good lately, hmmm.
    I think I have earned the Instant Pot crown, haha but I do really like the thing

Pauly, I stepped out on the deck this morning to clean doggie prints off the glass door. I suddenly realized how pollen covered the glass was & finished that job up real fast, LOL

Mick, Thursday is supposed to be our rain day, storms in the afternoon & evening. I hope they don't wreck my new plants out there.
    Don't melt yourself working in the attic, that could be messy.

Hello to Det, Cyn, Sam, Pie & SK if you are reading.
    Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick jump in .....mae all..0540 just setting off on a jaunt .....hope all is well ..Pauly great to see ya !speak later all ..trying out my new trekking sox .."Darn Tough"made in Vermont..supposedto do everything apart from walk for you...
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I am back.....34 kms today ..I am aching!!!!plus the internet isnt playing hope all is well..
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings all!

Mick, a 21 mile hike?? Wow, good for you :welldone:
          Don’t know if I’ve ever walked that far ~ on purpose. I used to feel like I walked that far after a 12-16 hr shift at the hospital, LOL It was probably close!
          Despite all the severe weather warnings we’ve had nothing more than a few quick showers today. I’m OK with that!
          I think we are going back to my daughter’s house on Sunday so YB can finish up the electrical work on their renovated room. We are going to burn some burgers too, haha!! No other weekend plans for us.

Hello to all the missing Abbers & hope everyone is OK.
          Have a nice night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...Summer has hit Calgary, 20C :yay:

Mick...glad you survived your hike today, if you're aching now just wait till tomorrow. LOL How did the trekking sox's hold up?

Lav...can you imagine if they had those step trackers back in the day you were nursing. You'd probably burn it out Glad your severe weather didn't amount to much, a few showers is ok. My seeds and signage arrived from the Calgary Food Bank so will get the kids from the Out of School Care Program to plant them tomorrow even if it rains. We're participating in the "Grow A Row" program for fresh veggies for the food bank. Great way for us to give back.

Foot/leg was feeling pretty good this morning so I didn't wrap it. WRONG! A little swollen tonight so will get it elevated and wrap it tomorrow. Have a great night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Det...saw this pic on FB and thought of you. What a shot!

Det.jpg

Comment

that's a very cool shot PQ.

how's everyone been?
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morn all..how are we today then?fgood I hope ...poets day today then..aching a bit but feeling good ...been up since it was light this morning ,ie 4.30am!!out on Monday again..its a kind of bug this ..depending on the company and where you are a mix of country and scenery is good .Yestrday was a good one ..interesting .anyways I digress ..been up in the loft this morning ..refixing some of the trackwork

hoya ppqp ...thats a cracking pic of the eagle .hows the foot today...?dont overdo it ..otherwise you wont have a leg to stand on..ok ok ...you doing anything over the weeekend?

hiya tree hope its all going good for you ....remember take some time for your self too.

hey sam the man you good mate ??

hiyaLav ...hows you then?all good I hope ...yep Im doing some leccy work over the weekend ..putting another socket in the loft..my peony rose is on the way out ..tho I love thisrose..yellow splashed with red

20190524_062910.jpg

20190524_063148.jpg

hope you have a good weekend..

big shout to everyone else

I tried cooking Corned Beef fritters for tea but ended up making a hash of it.

Asked the Apprentice at our office to trim some drawings down to make them more manageable for the architects to use on site.
                  He spent hours cutting them freehand and wobbly with some scissors.
                  The boss went mad and shouted "after lunch take him to the print room and show him how we use the guilliotine".
                  Little fcker was so scared he never came back.

I tickle people's feet with a feather to make them laugh.
                  I am a qualified Cheerupodist.

News from the USA -

Trump stormed out in anger from a meeting over his infrastructure bill.

He said, "It's either my way or no highways !"

I'm so smart, I've just paid £200 to obtain my online IQ test result.

Breaking news, fire started " at cannabis factory "
                  The Chief Fire Marshall stated, we could have had the blaze out after one hour but the crew kept disappearing to the local off license for munchies

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, I live in CT, so I think it's OK that we share the Laurel with PA... I love sharing things with Lav! I have never seen a mountain laurel here, but it looks very much like the azaleas/rhododendrons here. I have a magenta one blooming right now. Great hike, wow! Good to know about those socks... Vermont is a wonderful state, so many opportunities for getting outdoors...

Lav, I think I'll put up signs and do an informal sale of the outdoor items over the weekend. Just can't drag everything outside! We take our own trash and receycling to the transfer station here, so one way or another, I'll be dragging things. There's a Swap Shop in the transfer station; everyone brings their cast-offs, and it is a treasure-trove... even the wealthy people take a swing through to see what's there. So each day I take a load full of nice things there - it's OK by me for things to go directly to folks who want them. I have some consignment places lined up for the nice furniture,, so hopefully all will be well... anyone want a 15-year old juicer? (Lol)... I already have the bread baker away... someone literally took it out of my hands!

Pauly, good to see you! You are a real desert girl... hope those temps are making you happy now! How's things at the shop?

Det, I think maybe you are having a very good time in your life - enjoy!

PPQ - wrap that leg! I remember last year when I had a severe sprain in my ankle, I had to wrap it for a month. Pain in the rear (as well as ankle), but I am walking pain free now, so take heart - keep wrapping!! The garden sounds great - I hope it didn't rain for your planting...

Hi Sam- what's up? Any music on the horizon?

Hello to all who drop by.

10 days to the move. Yesterday's house revelation was that the Radon is elevated, so in goes a mitigation system. We are ready to be done with home ownership!!! It is a real challenge to downsize into 925 square feet (while taking a grand piano!) but my space plan seems to work... we are renting a 5x5 locker just to hold things through the summer, then in the fall I'll go through all the memorabilia and photos and digitize all.

Well, must get going - wishing all a great Friday --

Cheers -

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...yeah after I posted it the news was actually interviewing the guy who took the shot. Apparently it's gone viral. Hope all is well with you and all your mud has dried up.

Mick...let me get your coat. LOL Had my foot/leg wrapped today but it still swelled up. Going to take it easy and get it elevated. Supposed to rain all day tomorrow so there's my excuse for staying on the couch.

TG...good luck with the informal sale this weekend and I think I'll pass on the juicer. We managed to get the Food Bank Plot planted, the kids just love doing things like that. Went out just after lunch as I was sure it was going to pour any minute but the rain held off. Now a mitigation system...geeze I bet you're done with home ownership!

Lav...will say hi now as I'm sure you'll be checking in soon. Any reason why my leg keeps swelling? I'm sure the bacterial infection is over even though I have another 2 days to go with the pills. Gotta say, my feet have never had so much attention. LOL

Shout out to the rest of the gang....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings folks,

Sitting here with a splitting headache, listening to thunder in the distance, waiting for the rain, ugh.
                        It was nice all day so I don't know where this mess is coming from.

PQ, just about anything can cause swelling like that. Your best bet is keeping it elevated as much as possible. Rewrap them every 8 hrs or so.
                        What a great idea for the garden. Kids love to be involved in community projects like that. Good to start them young

Mick, your flowers are very pretty. The only rose I have right now is my June rose, it's a climber. Love the red blooms.
                        Glad you were able to get some train work done while it was cooler.

Hi Sam, how's things?

Cyn, you really are downsizing aren't you?
                        Glad you have places to take all your unneeded things. I am happy to donate stuff to a good home too. I'm kind of in the mood to do some donating myself, haha! The only problem is when I empty a space YB immediately fills it with something of his - no winning there.
                        I hope the radon problem isn't too big of a hassle.

Hello Pauly & hope you are feeling OK. Hello Det!

Have a nice night everyone.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick great job on such a long hike! Flowers are beautiful PQ,I had to enlarge the pic cuz it looked like some kind of football when it was small, outstanding! Hope the leg continues to improve Lav,glad YB is doing better and I'm like him,get rid of clutter then just bring in more haha,waves to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...hope you have a good day at work. Any news on a different job?

Raining this morning so going to elevate my leg and read until the clouds move off. Have a Super Sober Saturday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then?all good I hope...24 degrees here today ,been out in the garden ,shopping down to the model rail shop etc etc .got new gel insoles for my boots too.did some more work in the garden ,put in some big stones .
                              afternoon brew time..
                              Hiya pauly how are you today then?all good ?are you working today then?Im out again on thursday..we are doing a timed hike of relevant length and height to see how we get on.I think we are all like that..clutter out ...clutter in!!

hiya Lav,hows the headache?hope its gone..Im yb ...I collect crap for fun ..in Julies eyes that is ..to me its a come in handy one day ,a you never know..did you get the storm?have a good weekend.

hiya ppqp..how are you doing today then?has the swelling gone in your leg yet?glad you managed to get the stuff done yesterday...take it easy ..

best of luck with the sale tee gee ..have you acatalogue ..Im sure there must be something I want!!!!take care.

hi Sam the man..you good mate?hope so.

big hi to all....

Arnold Schwarzenegger at the age of seventy one is to star in a new Terminator film later this year, They have changed his catchphrase slightly though to,

"Ah, me back. "

Resigning from his role as the Sugar Puffs Monster to run for prime minister has been “one of the hardest decisions I’ve made” said Boris Johnson

I posted on Mumsnet: "I just caught my 2-year-old climbing into the fridge. What should I do?"
                              I got the answer: "Put a lock on the door."
                              "OK", I replied,"but she's going to get pretty fcking cold in there."

My sister recently had a a textbook pregnancy.

Although the doctors were expecting a baby to come out.

People walked out of the Spice Girls concert last night because of dreadful sound problems. A sound engineer has been sacked for causing the issues.

He turned the Microphones on.

For all of this sh.t show that is Brexit.
                              Theresa May has tried her best but even now I don't blame her for the sh.t we're all in, even though she made it worse.
                              The problem lies with a divided country and 400 MP’s that can't agree on anything...

She's had to deal with more arseholes than a proctologist.

FOR SALE: Leather women's trousers. £900 Ono.

Contact T.May 10 Downing St.

30 days in September, April, June and November. And all the rest have 31.
                              Except May which has 3 long, tiring years.

Comment

Greetings folks,

The sun never made an appearance until 4:30 this afternoon so it didn’t get hot. That makes me happy.
                                So last evening I finally thought to check my B/P & found it elevated, a lot. Weather, headaches, increased B/P, ugh. I took a diuretic I was given a while ago to treat these episodes. I took it at 10 pm not caring if it kept me up all night. B/P was much better this morning & now it has risen again. I can’t win apparently
                                I’m going to see next week about getting an appointment with a Cardiologist, I’m tired of dealing with this stuff. I’m tired of being scared out of my socks when this happens. I obviously need a new medication regimen, the old one is no longer working.
                                Other than that it was a fine day!

Pauly, I hope you had a good day & good weekend too. Any plans?

PQ, good day to rest that leg. I hope it’s better now

Mick, you’re as busy as ever. We would be disappointed if you changed on us now, haha!! Do Julie a favor & stop collecting other people’s junk!! It may get on her nerves, take it from one who knows, haha!

Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all. We’re going back to daughter’s house tomorrow to finish up that electrical work & grill some burgers, yum.

Lav
                                Last edited by Lavande; May 25, 2019, 06:42 PM.
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X