june 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: june 16th

MAE ALL....see yesterday's post is in post heaven so I'll just start again today. LOL Up early as the rain and thunder woke me up, it's really come down out there this morning.

Det...it's so good seeing you enjoying your life.

TG...I'm exhausted reading your post. Thanks for taking the time to check in with us, we've all been thinking of you.

Mick...oh no, a man made flood! Yes, the TMP (Trans Mountain Pipeline) has been a sore of contention for lots of people. The Feds just announced another approval and the indigenous people announced their headed to the Supreme Court of Appeal. This has been going on for 3 years now and has devastated Alberta.

Lav...I like the Circuit machine. That's something I know I'd have a lot of fun with. Glad to see the embroidery requests are coming in. Good luck with the Chrimbo Craft Sale, I've got an idea I'm going to ask you about.

Sam...you're the first person I know who's actually bought a copy of that. I can't believe everything that's gone on with DT especially after being hooked on Madam Secretary. LOL

Pauly...shout out to you this morning.

That's all I got so far. Need coffee! Have a great (dry) day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Thanks all for the welcome back!

Mick, I laughed at "sorted-out-ish". That's it exactly.

PPQ, hope your coffee is good this morning. The gardens sound wonderful.

Pauly, morning shout out to you.

Lav, OMG, that camper story reminds me of one year ( different man friend) when we had boated in to an island... turned out we were not on the prevailing winds side of the island, and there was a serious black fly hatch that happened early one morning. I mean, serious, nasty, biting black flies - thousands of them all at once. The man, being out in a boat fishing, did I not see what was happening, but I grabbed the dog and we ran back to the tent. By the time I unzipped and rezipped the tent, several hundreds had entered... I spent the next few hours with a newspaper, killing them all... uuugh the inside of the tent looked like a massacre. The little sh*ts even bit me through the eyelet holes on my sneakers! Finally the man came back and understood - we grabbed food and ran like hell to the boat and got ourselves to another island... finally the dog got to pee undisturbed! I had forgotten that story until you mentioned yours!

Today I'm racing to get finances and all ignored parts of life caught up. Hubs flies out on Sunday, then I depart for a cross-county drive on the 26th (with the dog)... so more. Miles to go yet!

Cheers all -

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam those documents remind me of the ufo files we see from back in the day from time to time on TV,all blacked out practically! That should be illegal especially when dealing with such an important situation,DT just announced his run for four more feckin years last night,PQ,any room for me in Canada? Haha seen that shooting up there during the Raptors celebration parade, reminded me of the shooting we had here,lots of people in one place,having fun and some bozo shooting up the crowd,very glad he didn't hit more people, terrible,I like a (dry) day Lav and Cyn,both those camping stories sound like sheer torture so count me out on the camping too,I honestly don't think the boys would like it anyway,they're too "cityfied" haha,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...how are sort of day....no floods ,no ark building programme a temperature of 23 degrees ,sun shining.ive been messing with the trains ,Ive got 3 coaches now that light up now..I also had a loose connection o..yep and on the railway too..It would mean I would have to rip all the track up to fix it ..not a chance..Melania . ...I soldered it. .out on a bimble again tomorrow..probably got another 4 before the real Mcoy..
          Yes I watched that programme on DT last night..I personally thought it was a sycophantic pile of crap The melania and donald mutual appreciation society..4 yearsof them...mind you weve got his mad Brit counterpart in the offing ,muppet..got to nip to shop ,,get my feed for tomorrow ...sorry for the short post x
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

No spot at the bridge tables this afternoon so I am home now. Was planning on doing some work in the garden in between thunderstorms but it's only 10C and the wind is blowing like crazy. You'd think it was the start of winter! So it's indoor chores for me.

TG...so many more miles to go!!! Soon this will all be behind you.

Pauly...keep in mind the Raptors celebration was in Eastern Canada. There is a world of difference between them and Western Canada. Not that sh*t doesn't happen here.

Mick...so just the basic boring Wednesday morning eh? LOL 5 more bimbles before the real mckoy? You be careful. Glad you didn't have to rip out the track.

Off to tackle the laundry....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Waving HELLO & will check in later after these monsterous boys go home, LOL
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

good morning all,
                another hot humid day, nothing much exciting here happening, watching time fly by, hard to believe that June has almost dissolved to July. be well friends.
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam,same here just a watching the time fly-by PQ,yea my knowledge of Canada is limited, shooting just hit me cuz it did remind me of the one we had here for some reason,sorry there were no open tables at bridge,Lav,those boys musta kept you super busy with that short post haha Romeo has an obsession with Winslow's food and water dishes so that keeps us on our toes the whole time! Mick,when's your next trip planned for? Det hope all is well,the friend who pm'd you never stopped by the thread to say hi,I remember you mentioning that a bit ago,well off to fix my trump like hair,not sure if it's the shampoo I used or the weather but it's a frizzball! Much love and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all ...howzwee today..as we speak im eating an ice lolly yep its windy but warm..was supposed to go walking today,my mate couldnt make it...so we are out tomorrow. about 25 ks but its all uphill..them looooong ones.Went to train shop got the controller changed and my canadian pacific engine back.Ive also put lighting and people in 6 carriages now.Ill see if I cam put some pics up later.

hiya Pauly ..hows you then with the donald look a like coiffure....my next trip is on 11th July ,out to Crete ..Ive never been there before.you need to take a lesson from me ...no matter what shampoo I use ,my hair doesnt frizz!best to you.

hiya Sam .....yep tomorrow the longest day ov summer ...then its getting darker earlier ,and colder and wetter ,andfolksare miserable and sad ,and then its christmas ,..that cheered ya up?hope all is well mate.

hiya Lav..you still got the monskers with you?best ov luck to you..

hiya ppqp ..how are things with you today then?all good I hope ..

teegee ...that you sorted out now (ish)

hope all is well

I was happily going out with a vegetarian like myself , until I found out she was also dyslexic.

Nearly made me puke when I saw her crunching on a raw parrot.

I accidently let one off in the middle of church today...

I knew I should have kept those fireworks at home.

I knew that I had a drink problem when my urine began to smell of alcohol.

I knew that I was an alcoholic when I discovered that it tasted like it too.

The main problem with my boat business is..
                    During the winter months , I barely make enough money to keep me a float.

I saw my female friend in the pub earlier. She showed me her new tattoo of Chinese letters.

"What does it mean?" I asked.

"It means 'love and peace'" she said.

I looked it up.

I haven't got the heart to tell her it actually means 'Choose one of the tattoos below

Looks like the tory leadership election is a one donkey race.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I hope you're still not waiting for the monsters to go home. LOL

Sam...I do appreciate not having to deal with humidity! It's snowing just west of us so not dealing with hot either. LOL I agree, the days are just flying by.

Pauly...It seems like every time you turn the tv on there's been a shooting somewhere. I'll get lots of bridge playing in this summer so wasn't bothered I couldn't play yesterday. Hope you got your hair sorted.

Mick...eating an ice lolly, jealous. So the exercise starts again tomorrow. Oooh lighting and people in 6 carriages, looking forward to seeing the pics. Overcast, raining and down right cold here today. Nothing happening in the garden.

Got a last minute invite for lunch today so pigged out at a great chinese buffet. I could get used to these afternoons off. LOL If I don't check back in have a peaceful night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Sorry I didn’t check in again last night but there was a good reason _____I was totally brain dead by the time they left at 9:45 pm, LOL
                        That was a 12+ Hour day, stuck inside the whole time because of all these storms. I slept like a darn rock last night after all that!

Sam, do your chickens have muddy feet & legs like mine? SO much rain!!!
                        The local farmers on FB have been complaining a lot, feel sorry for them.

Pauly, I can beat you with the frizzy hair, LOL. All this rain = major frizz here!
                        The boys really gave me a run for my money yesterday, look out as your boys get older.

Mick, watch out for those feet & legs tomorrow! Glad you are making even more progress with your train project.
                        I’m trying to get lots of things done & ready for a big craft fair next month. Can’t do any of that work when the kids are here. They are seriously distracting, haha!

PQ, glad you are enjoying your free afternoons
                        I love good Chinese food as long as it isn’t too salty for me & my B/P. YUM

Hello to Det, Cyn, & everyone.
                        Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

how do all, beautiful day out thar! Lav, the wind will dry those chicken feet, Mick, longest day, then Xmas, works for me.
                          waves to you Pauly, PQ, Det, TG, et la als.

anniversary day today.... longest day of the year...
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Sam Happy anniversary Lav at least you got a good night's sleep, that's always a plus,PQ,glad you had a nice lunch not much going on here,poor plants outside get so dry I can't keep up with them and some are looking shriveled poor things,anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Comment

hiya all...just back ...only did about 18ks ... but it was all and I mean all uphill!lrg held out so chuffed with that.I do the one Im training for in wales on 6 july..then we go on holiday in Crete ..and guess what ? yep do this one..

Everything You Need to Know About Hiking Samaria Gorge | Travel the World

hiya Sam ,how are you doing ?happy anniversary

hiya Lav ,maybe little wellies for the chickens feet?Yep leg held out ok today thankfully..12 hrs with the kids ..oh boy bet you were well chuffed..

hiya ppqp ...well did you enjoy the buffet?pigged out I guess is a bit of a clue.no ice lolly today..

hiya pauly ..you ok? hope so .

I could tell you all about my addiction to reading books.
                              But that's another story.

After a series of crimes in the Glasgow area, Chief Inspector McTavish has announced that he’s looking for a man with one eye. If he doesn’t find him, he’s going to use both eyes.

I got some new glasses today but I think they don't work.

The wife looked much better yesterday.

My grandmother used to say, "Always leave them wanting more."
                              Great woman. Also a great drug dealer.

My wife even got new jewelry the night I took her out for our Anniversary dinner, but despite thisshe was still massively unhappy.

And I would have been fcking thrilled to get a decoder ring like that out of my McDonald's Happy Meal !

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it must be bright and sunny your way as it's pissen down with rain here! 6 years ago the city of calgary flooded so some people are a little nervous. Hope it doesn't wash away my garden. I swear I'm still full from the buffet yesterday. Glad your leg held out for you today. Samaria Gorge looks very interesting. Does Julie hike with you?

Pauly...so I'm having the opposite problem here. It hasn't quit raining since yesterday morning. This leaving work at noon rocks and now I don't have to go anywhere or deal with the rain.

Sam...happy anniversary, glad you're having a beautiful day for it. Picnic maybe? With our luck we're going to go from fist day of summer to first day of winter.

Lav...9:45 is past my bedtime. Glad you were able to get a good nights sleep. Gotta say it's easy to beat you to the post when I start at noon. LOL

Hope everyone is having a Fabulous Friday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X