june 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: june 16th

PQ, I've been leaving at noon too! I love it cuz I get to watch General Hospital (embarrassing to admit) but it makes my life and job so much happier to not be stuck at work for most of the day!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers

Yep, we had real sunshine, blue skies & cool gentle breezes today after all that rain yesterday! Checked all my outside plants & nothing needed watering today, haha!!

Sam, Happy Anniversary friend!

Mick, that gorge hike looks awesome but a bit too steep for old, unbalanced me. I had a hard enough time last summer hiking the gorges in upper New York state & they were not nearly as steep. It would be a very pretty sight I’m sure. Rest up now & save your energy for Crete.
      The sun made an extra early appearance today on solstice day - annoyed me by waking me up, Lol

Pauly & PQ, Working half a day sounds great. I was never able to do anything like that in my job. Usually my 8 hour shift would turn into 10 or 12hours, if not a full 16 hours when someone called out sick & there was no replacement. This is why nurses retire much earlier than othder folks. You can’t keep up with that pace & try to have a life

Hello to Det & Cyn & anyone checking in later.

Have a nice night everyone!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahoooooora ABerooos!

happy Sat my friends near and far. slightly cooler here in the 90's and all's well.

Lav, socially quiet weekend for you?

Treegirl, anything on the books for destressing/relaxing? sounds like you are due!

Mick, I'm in continued admiration of your epic hiking schedule. My gal and I are heading back to red rock canyon
        tomorrow morn.

had my new used car conk out at work a couple days ago. ugh! dealership took care of a replacement battery
        thank goodness so we're rolling again.

sure is nice to have a mellow morning with no rushing. just a java and putzing around. doing a load of laundry and being
        super grateful I don't work for a roofing company during summer here.

made dinner at my sweeties place last night which was great fun and watched a super romantic movie 'John Wick' part 1.
        did I mention how romantic I am? hahahahaa. much fun was had by all and can't wait to see her again today. The new relationship
        buzz isn't fading, in fact it's growing... I've learned not to question such things but to enjoy them when they are clearly good and healthy.

Next week I'm taking Friday off so we can drive to Newport beach CA and get in some beach time. I'm not much of a beach or CA person
        but it's something her daughter has wanted to do for some time and a great opportunity to see if some family bonding is in our future.
        Yep, sounding pretty serious to me. oh my.

I have returned to researching ecommerce and setting up my own little online income. Drafting designs for T shirts now. If anyone has ideas
        for slogans/memes etc don't be shy! I pay handsomely in garlic-filled treats. Well, that's something that motivates me at least. i'm likely to enter
        into the spiritual/Buddhist themes and perhaps Goth/socially awkward type of theme as well. Should be entertaining at the very least.

gotta run and do some errands

Be well loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all..how are we doing then?good I hope ..Well its been a cracking day today..I didnt realise I was prone to hayfever ...I am now!!snotty sneezy me (hope you arent having your tea)been out in the garden most of the day..next door neighbours have been out too ..She hasnt too much of an idea but really keen to learn,so their garden should be good too.so what are we up to ?

hiya det how are you doing mate.wow this relationship seems to have got a hold on you matey..go for it ...enjoy life ...enjoy the freedom of not being subjective to drinking.

hiya treegirl ..hows tings today then ? you getting lower on the back to normal scale?I hope so .

hi pauly how are yuo doing?hope all is well this weekend with you ...

hi pee pee queue pee how is Canadia today?all good?whats your weekend got in store for you?hope you enjoy it ..

hi Lav you ok?hope so.Yes Ive probably got another 2 or 3 walks before the real Mcoy.has it been sunny your way today?have a great weekend .

right folks stay well

How do you get Pikachu’s on a bus?

Pokemon.

I used to be superstitious until i found out it was unlucky.

Diane Abbott has attempt to throw milkshake at herself...and missed.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...when I would plead feeling sick to get out of going to school my Mom would watch General Hospital during the day. It's unbelievable how long those soaps have been going. I remember her saying to me do you see anyone on the show sitting around watching tv. Makes you think doesn't it. I enjoy the fact that I can hit the grocery store at any time other than 5pm when everyone else is there!

Lav...we've got sunshine, blue skies and a gentle breeze today. No watering required here either but the weeds are on steroids. Bring back the rain so I don't have to deal with them. I do consider myself lucky to be able to take time off, basically when ever I want to. I do believe I've earned that right. I often think of when I worked IT in downtown corporate calgary, you were lucky to be able to turn around. LOL

Det...slightly cooler here today too, in the 50's. LOL I get my physical activity vicariously through Mick and now I get my romance/love life through you. Thanks for that. LOL I only spent 1 day at red rock canyon when in vegas and I'd be willing to go back too. I had to look up the distance from vegas to new port beach, thought it would take you all day but 4 hours is probably doable. Sounds like a great opportunity for family bonding. I'm glad you're not questioning your relationship and just enjoying as it comes. Keep that sensible head on your shoulder.

Mick...so I've heard we can develop allergies at any age, fingers crossed I'm still sneezing/sniffling free! I do notice in early spring my eyes tend to bother me, red/itchy, for just a little while. Must be some plant that is springing to life at that time. I'm glad your neighbour has your expertise to help her with her garden. She must feel a little intimidated looking at yours. Taking things as they come this weekend, I consider myself on holidays so not over doing it with chores. LOL

TG...if I remember right hubs flies off tomorrow and your road trip doesn't start till Wednesday so you must just be lying around doing nothing, right? :rotlf:

Sam...was it a successful anniversary yesterday? Why do I have the feeling you'll be enjoying tunes this weekend?

Pi...haven't heard from you for awhile so I'm assuming the 4 footed hotel is busy as ever. I often think of your Dad and hope all is well with him.

SK...haven't seen you here for awhile either. I'm hoping that others have heard from you and that all is well.

Snagged some butter lettuce from the garden this morning, it magically appeared this spring, so am concocting a loaded salad for my lunch. Have a Super Saturday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Nice day here as well, yay!
              NO company but that’s OK with me

Det, you sound very happy & that makes me happy
              Isn’t it awesome just to be able to do normal things & really enjoy them? Who would have thought an AF life can make that happen?
              About the T shirt designs ~ you can never have too many chicken themed T shirts, haha!

Mick, all is status quo here (NO company) LOL
              I swear it takes two days to recover after the boys have been here, I’m not kidding.
              Maybe your neighbor will borrow some of your garden designs if you let her.

PQ, I’m sitting out on the deck listening to the birds sing & the hummingbirds buzzing past my head to get to their feeders. Usually about this time of day a few deer will be roaming across the back of the yard too. That’s fine but my half beagle goes nuts & tries to chase them, oh boy.
              Glad you are enjoying your time off.
              I did notice on FB today that it’s SK’s birthday but she hasn’t been online since March. Don’t know what’s going on withher but I hope she is well.

Hello to Sam., Cyn, Pauly & Pie wherever you may be.
              Have a nice night everyone.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae all !

Wow, days are passing at lightening speed, though I seem to be not getting done the things I need to be getting done, oh well...

PPQ, what a good memory you have or do you keep a notebookk?! Yes, Hubs flies out tomorrow... the problem is, both of us have been stricken with some bug caught in the plane home... wretched nonsense leaving us feeling like limp rags... hubs is suffering the most, so I am helping him get ready to go...

Lav, glad for your time off from the boys! Mick, looking forward to the next hike installment. Det, good man, stay as happy as you are today! Pauly, so glad you are leaving work at 12! Sounds perfect. Sam, any tunes this weekend? Thinking of SK and hoping she is well... hello to all others.

Have to stop, as eyes are closing; hopefully more tomorrow!

Cheers all -

Comment

Working...
                X