June 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: June 23rd

Mae all - am I first in this morning? Well, I have a big day ahead, so will just say hello now and wish all well... still really struggling with this bug; I got some goldenseal yesterday, in case it is a bacterial infection... it's taking time to clear out, that's for sure. Packing, mailing, cleaning, (the car too!) and tying up all loose ends to be gone from here until September... sheesh what a weird life we live! At least this time I can have my dear dog with me... he is a grounding force.

Lav, sorry I missed the compost run - that would have been fun! Hope grandson does well --

Pauly, that is too funny about the fake sneeze - must be very cute.

Cheers to all, hope things are OK all over our little corner of the AF world...

Comment

hiya all..bit late today ,been at Julies dads helping out ,then medicating the rabbit ..he hates meds with a passion ,but I think we may have turned the corner with him...I managed to feed him some rocket and some dandelion leaves earlier ,Ive just got to give him his 3rd lot of meds in a minuteThey can actually get this thru stress ,and it never crossed my mind ,but the other day the magpies went into the hitch looking for food and he was in there ..perhaps that stressed him..they wont be doing that again.
      Good news on grandsons behaviour Lav ,hope you feel better teegee ,and a big hello to everyone else ..off to playthe rabbit doctor now !!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...could have sworn I posted yesterday! Must be up there floating around with some of Mick's posts. LOL

Mick...Sounds like you got Jeeves home this morning. Magpies in the hutch, stressed out probably isn't the half of it. That does make sense and yes keep them out. He'll be back to his old self soon with Dr. Mick on the job. Hope things are going ok with Julies Dad. Is it time for him to relocate and get some living assistance?

TG...sorry you're still struggling with that bug. Just what you need with everything else going on. Glad you've got some company for the driving, even if it is only part way. I have 7 siblings and playing cards was the cheapest entertainment my mom could come up with. LOL

Lav...nice you were able to see your former neighbour and I'm glad she's moving into assisted care. Trying to think how long it's been since her husband passed, a year? Glad the Grandson SEEMS to be doing better. It's probably a good thing that he's in summer school, at least he'll be on a schedule for 4 weeks. It was the ladies bridge windup lunch today and our chef outdid himself. I'm still stuffed! Then I enjoyed an afternoon of cards.

Time to find some looser pants to put on and relax. Have a restful evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Didn’t know I was getting gthe boys until mid-afternoon but they arrived just before dinner with a large pizza, haha! They ate their way thru most of that & now they are working on my food supply. The older one punched the younger one in the nose so I got to administer first aid & clean up the bloody drips all over my living room & kitchen. One minute they were peaceful & the next minute they were drawing blood, geez.
          The heatwave continues here, yuck. I go out for a few minutes but don’t feel like doing much in the gardens.

Cyn, I sure hope you feel better soon :hug:
          Road warriors, such as yourself need to be healthy & hearty!!!
          You would love that compost we buy. A Vet started up the business looking to improve the environment. He goes around & collects all the grocery store rejects (veggies) & also collects coffee grounds from one of the coffee places (Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts). He employs a few other Vets.

Mick, good that Jeeves is getting better. Stress causes me stomach issues too - just sayin
          I think we are going to the annual BarnYard Boys barn sale this weekend - neat stuff there.

PQ, my neighbor is losing her marbles rather quickly these past few months. Her daughter died a year ago in May & her husband died Thanksgiving day. Too much too soon for anyone really!
          Cards & free food - you must be a happy camper, LOL

Hello to Det, Pauly & everyone.
          I need to prevent another bloody nose here. Have a nice night!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav those boys are getting so big! Older boy looks like he's gonna be tall from the pic you posted yesterday, sorry they were fighting PQ,you sound like me this morning looking for looser pants haha, sometimes I just want to go to work comfortable but not slobby but all my jeans were bugging me this morning grrr! Cyn,hope you're on the mend Mick,waves to you,hope Jeeves is better,much love to all and hope we all have a great BF Thursday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all..bit late I know..it is roasting over here today..100degrees in the conservatory ...Jeeves is eating a lot better today,he didnt really appreciate me giving him meds this morning ...as you can see..

download.jpg

the weather is supposed to be like this al lweekend ..I am going to go for an early morning jaunt before it gets too hot.

Hiya Lav...so theyve been battling have they?sounds like me and my brother were as kidz....that sale looks pretty goo ..I take it that its this one?

Barn Sale, The Barnyard Boys, Peach Bottom, PA

one mans junk...another mans treasure!

pauly hiya ..Jeeves is a lot better ta muchly..how did today go with loose fitting pants ? you get some? hope so ...dont get them too loose tho.

hiya ppqp..you ok?hope so ...Julies dad is ok ...on an even keel ..no better no worse ...but for how long who knows..The chef making your food and an afternoon of cards?cant fault you ..

hi tg ...how are you still being bugged by the bug?thats some job your in with ..flitting from house to house like that..what kind of dog is it?

big hiya to all the rest

I joined a march today for the legalization, of marijuana, well it started as a march but after a while, it turned into a bit of a wander

Exorcisms aren’t cheap. And if you don’t keep up the payments, your home may be repossessed.

The turtle can breath through it's bottom, humans have not yet reached this stage of evolution although politicians have learned to talk through it.

Pencille is on trial for murder.

You can draw your own conclusions.

Just read Steven Tyler's new Chinese cookbook.
              Wok this way.

Not saying my local pub is rough, but the first prize in the Xmas raffle was two weeks alibi.

Why is Paul McCartney so sh,t at darts?

"Yesterday, all my doubles seemed so far away"

It all started with some people telling her that slate or shale might be good for her skin condition.

"And also make sure you use shale deposits formed from old seas, you know. Those are richer in minerals and really effective," they would tell her.

"Really?", she would wonder aloud. This was the ray of hope she had been waiting for. Those really weird sores, each shaped like an ugly squiggly 'C', were beginning to appear all over her body. It was, frankly, embarrassing to even go out in public, let alone have a normal social life.

"Absolutely. Why, haven't you heard of Tyrolean shale oil from the Alps being used in medicine? Those rocks can work miracles, I tell you. Remember, don't grind it into powder. You need to, kind of, peel off the shale layer by layer, you know. And directly apply that scale sorto'thing on the infected area."

She had to take the chance, poor girl. I don't blame her for clutching at whatever straws she could. She got some initial results too and decided to keep at it. Which is why, to this day, she shells sea shales on the C-sore.
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...unlike you it's pouring with rain here. Supposed to last most of the day and then clear up for the weekend. Makes no never mind to me, I'm off till Tuesday now. YAY! That's a nasty looking bite from Jeeves. Doesn't he know he's not supposed to bite the hand that feeds him. Glad Julie's Dad is ok. Don't you over do things in the heat this weekend.

Pauly...hope you were able to find something comfortable to wear this morning.

Lav...well at least they brought their own food, makes it a little less hard on your supply. You should have just held the oldest one's hands behind his back and let the younger one have his turn. Hopefully this is a stage they'll get over. Don't remember my boys going through that but by that time the oldest one moved in with his Dad so that probably helped. LOL Still eating the free food, gotta love it. I'll send some rain your way to cool things down.

TG...you must be on the road by now. Safe travels.

Have a Fab Friday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings folks,

It was 95 & humid & totally yucky today
                  Supposed to be even worse the next two days, oh my. Only 66 days until Fall gets here, haha!!

Pauly, both of the boys are getting tall. The oldest will be 11 in November. Both of their parents are tall so I guess this shouldn’t be a surprise.
                  Hope you found some comfy pants ~ I’m dealing with that myself lately.

Mick, that looks like a bunny scratch - am I right? Their nails are like my chicken’s - ripping open skin is no problem for them, haha!
                  I had no more problem with the kids last night once I told them SEPARATE right now, Lol!
                  Take it easy in the heat, really. I read about the heatwave across Europe from Spain to Poland, geez.
                  I may or may not get to that barn sale tomorrow, have to see how bad it is outside.

PQ, each of the boys got one slap/punch in last night, I wasn’t about to let it go on any longer. They want to play the same online game together but the younger guy can’t stand to lose, oh well.
                  I’ll take a day of rain if it would break up this heatwave, thanks

Cyn, travel safely!

Hello to Det, Sam & everyone.
                  Have a nice night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...last year we hit the mid 90's and it was unbearable, even without the humidity. I've been watching news of the heat wave in Europe as well, so I guess it could be worse. We got some good downpours last night but sorry to say no sign of it today so can't send any to you. I love the SEPARATE, I can just picture it. Bet they moved pretty quick.

Having a lazy morning thanks to the day off. Will head over to the garden in a bit and see if it survived the deluge. Have a Fab Friday all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya everyone ,how are we today then?good I hope ...another hot day today here.in the 90s..both the rabbits in hiding ,because of the heat ..I saw Jeeves this morning eating some hay ,again he got his meds this morning.still a nasty little sod when it comes to being a patient .
                      Dont know whether its me or not .every time you turn the telly on ,its all about life insurance ...and how I need it now this very minute because its so dear and I can rest assured that my funeral will be paid for and there will be a little nest egg left..oh goody ..I cant sleep for thinking about it..ffs....oh and by the way ,if I sign up now I will get a free pen..yipty doo!!anyway enuff of my generous outpourings lets have s afternoon brew.

hiya ppqp...hows you then today?what like is the weather your way today?rain?we are supposed to get it even hotter next week ..that will make next weeks jaunt for me interesting!!Is it cards today too?whatever you do today ..have a good one

hiya Lav you well?hope you got to the barn sale ..it looked real good ..yep that was a Jeeves im not impressed bite.Next door have nearly got the decking and the turf down...tbh it looks good but its not for me.65 days to the fall..

hiya pauly ...how are you then today?hope all is good with you ...any weekend plans ?

hiya tee gee hope you are feeling better today...

right everyone have a good un.

" Would you like to start at the beginning " , the counsellor asked me at Gamblers Anonymous.

" Well it all began when I got into debt with my pocket money." , I said , "I was convinced that one day
                      Dick Dastardly & Muttley would make it over that line. "

Did you hear about the Irishman who had a pet Zebra?
                      He called it Spot.

the wife's running round like a scalded cat that she's late for her first weight watchers meeting, I only mentioned that it wouldn't matter as she was twenty years late already. Anyone know what's best for hiding bruising to the face?

I ate some Egyptian food earlier that was past it's Best Before date.
                      Now I Falafel.

I was watching my neighbours cat while she was on holiday as her elderly mum wasn't able to.
                      After a couple of days she phoned..
                      "How's Tiddles getting on?" She asked.
                      "Tiddles is dead" I replied.
                      After a while she sobbed.."that's so cold hearted, could you not have broken it to me a bit gentler than that. You could have said..Tiddles got stuck up a tree, the Fire Brigade tried to get her down, she fell and died instantly"
                      "I'm sorry" I said.."you're right"
                      "..and how's my mum?" ..she continued.
                      I replied.."she got stuck up a tree..."

To the guy who just stole my 'Pickpocket Of The Year' trophy.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Feller goes into the chemist says " have you got any condoms that big"
                      Chemists says " that would only fit a mouse "
                      He says I know the Fcking house is over run with them.

Irish feller goes in a shoe shop buys himself a pair of tortoise shell shoes.
                      Took him 4 hours to walk out the shop.

Comment

Greetings folks,

yep, it hit 95 again today & tomorrow is promised to be worse
                        We have severe storm warnings up but the sky is blue & the birds are chirping. I just read that it hit 113 degrees in France today - hottest day ever. I’ve been there during the 1st two weeks of June & remember very well wearing a jacket, wow!!
                        We ended up skipping the barn sale today, just too yucky out but there will be others. Besides, we already have enough Stuff here anyway, haha!

PQ, I don’t do a lot of barking so when I speak up people usually listen, even the boys, LOL
                        My daughter picked up her child from GS camp today & said she had a ball but badly needed a shower & shampoo. Kids think because you’re in a pool every day you don’t need to get in the shower - I remember that nonsense. She had a greta time though & that’s awesome.
                        I hope your day off was fab & comfy!

Mick, no new barn junk today but that’s OK with me.
                        I hope your finger is healing well. I blended my young chickens in with the older ones today. I kinda snuck them in & am keeping my fingers crossed that everyone remains peaceful. I hate it when they start pecking on one another. I currently have the oldest hen out on a walkabout because she can be one big meanie when she wants. I’ll have to let her back in when it gest dark, maybe she won’t mess with the little ones.

So now you can see the exciting life I live haha!!
                        Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, thought I posted yesterday but apparently not,Mick hope the finger is better,looks like he got you pretty good! Lav,ah kids and their thinking that a pool is the same as a shower haha,glad she had a fun time tho do the boys go away for any camp? PQ,did you play cards yesterday? Seems like Romeo and Louie have a cold again?!? Wtf is going on with these boys I wonder,it's nothing serious just sniffles and feeling ran down,I told Kell I think it's allergies cuz mine make me feel just sick too,she doesn't have them so don't understand how shitty it feels,I used to be that way too waaah I miss those days,anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi yall...how are we today then?all good I hope ...its boiling over here again today...the story is that its gonna belt down with rain tomorrow..this time next week Illl have climbed the Brecon Beacons ...or will be getting dragged off it in bits!!hope it isnt the second option.
                            been up the ladders this morning resealing the window frames..In all that bad weather we had the rain dampened the wall..problem resolved...been in the loft too ....its as hot as heck ..now bearing in mind I did it out in that foil to keep in warm in winter its like sitting in an oven..Jeeves seems a lot better today.still isnt impressed with meds ,but hey ho..

holiday job next week for all those on the good ship Trump...4th July....

hope you have a great weekend

"I'm not racist," I said to my mate, "but I prefer my sandwiches cut diagonally."

"...but that's not racist," he said.

"Exactly," I replied. "I said I wasn't racist."

I'll be spending most of today in the shade.

I'm off to a fancy dress party as a lamp.

I've just left one of the most expensive Italian restaurants in London without paying after a screaming match.

Finest cuisine and dining, my arse.

Their pasta wasn't even crunchy like my wife's.

Banks: A place that will lend you money if you can prove you don't need it

I just handed my wife a piece of paper with, "large quantity", written on it.
                            "Why did you give me this?".she asked
                            "Because it means a lot to me". I answered.

George Foremans lean mean fat grilling machines don't work at all.
                            I haven't lost any weight and i've got third degree burns all over my fcking ass

I came from a broken home.

In fairness my parents kicked me out because I kept breaking everything.

I don't know what all the fuss is about smoking cannabis!

It's never brain my damaged once...

These conspiracy theorists are just making stuff up now. I just read a theory that JFK was killed by wasps.

I went to a classy whore house in London last week. The doorman said, “It’s £20 for regular sex but, for £30, you could get a meal.”

I paid the £30. 15 minutes later, this naked, hairy and oiled up Arab came up to me and said, “Hello. I’m Emeel!”

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Hot & humid, rain & thunder 2X now, what’s next??? LOL
                              Still very uncomfortable outside so I’m staying in as much as I can.

Pauly, my granddaughter is probably very clean & shiny today - knowing my daughter, haha!
                              I thought they boys would be going to Boy Scout camp at least for a weekend but apparently they don’t have any plans yet. The younger one will be starting his summer school program soon & that comes first.
                              Maybe the boys are having allergy symptoms especially if there’s no fever. I hope they feel better soon!

Mick, I hope you find a way to stay cool in this nasty weather. Staying out of hot places like attics helps a lot, haha!!
                              Glad Jeeves is better & I hope he’s sorry for biting your finger.

Hello to PQ, hope your day was just wonderful

Hello to Det, Sam & everyone.

Gotta put my rain jacket on & run out to close up the birds for the night. Hope I don’t attract any lightning !!! Have a good one!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,I'll post on the new thread for the week when it's up haha,much love and have a great BF Sunday!

Comment

Working...
                                X