Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week commencing 21st of July

Greetings Abbers,

Half decent weather here (if you’re not working outside). Me, I work in an extra cold basement shop - love it
    I have a little bit to finish up then will be packing a package to mail to Canada tomorrow!
    I’ve been entertaining myself reading Facebook posts about the Mueller testimony in front of Congress yesterday. There’s still a whole lot of people who can’t seem to understand that our president was put in place by theRussians ~ not the American voters. Dumbasses, haha!
    The GOP is refusing to boost security for our 2020 elections so what does that tell you???

PQ, glad you got to play cards as planned.
    I love a trip to Costco but I usually buy the same stuff so I don’t overspend. At least that’s what I tell everyone.......
    Stay cool up there!

Mick, that must have been one important prisoner to draw all that security, Lol
    That’s the kind of thing we see when the US is moving El Chapo around. He’s proven repeatedly that he’s good at escaping
    You stay cool too dude!!! At least we have AC here & I use it like it’s free. I’ll pay the extra on my electric bill, don’t care.

Hello to Det, Cyn, Sam, Pie & Pauly!

Have a nice night everyone.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...that's way too hot for me. Watering the garden was my first chore this morning. At least, like Lav, I too have AC. Today went much smoother than yesterday, actually got to the bottom of my stack that built up over the server install. Everyone must be on holidays. LOL You stay cool and stay out of the loft, it's probably closer to 50 up there.

Lav...Is that package coming my way? Was going to say pace yourself you've only got a 150 day deadline. You beat me to the post. I was talking with my SIL this morning and just automatically hit the power to shut down my laptop so it took me awhile to get it booted when I got home. I have applied a NEW HI-TECH temporary solution....

fix.jpg

Maybe that will remind me not to shut it down. LOL

Have a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Yo Abbers. How are yiz?

Mick, 39/40 C? Sheesh, that is hot! I know those temps well, as we get that a often here in summer. But in the UK, wow, that's gonna be a dangerous shock to a lot of folk's, especially when aircon is probably not that common. Shopping centres/malls are a cool options round here. take care mate.

Big waves to evabody. All's well here.

xpost. Hiya PPQP!
        Last edited by Guitarista; July 25, 2019, 06:37 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Heya ABeroooos!

oh boy, the universe works in strange ways. yesterday afternoon out of the blue I got handed my walking papers at work with
          no real explanation... WTF? things were going great and then... bam... see ya. I know they were struggling with cash flow but didn't
          realize to what degree. So I've been reeling in shock and dismay quite recently and have big decisions to make.
          I'm sooooper glad to not be drinking over this I tell ya. So long as I keep my head straight I'll be just fine one way or another.

Lav, I totally love the dreamcatcher design you made...that is so pretty and I'm impressed by your tech skills.

rather distracted by the shakeup so I won't blather on randomly like I'm temped to do...got things to sort out that's for sure.
          My sweetie is in CA with daughter having fun and should be back late Sat night so even though it's delayed i'll get to see her/them
          this weekend later on.

This experience has really been a practical example of what Buddhists warn of when speaking of the potential dangers of attachment to structures.
          Impermanence indeed.

going to extra Refuge meetings including tonight...just bolstering my strength since my sobriety is my greatest asset aside from having
          such good friends.

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon all how are we today day from a very very hot United Kingdom that is weather wise not political. The temperature yesterday beat those ever recorded just under 40 degrees. Today I have been at an industrial tribunal with a friend and, thankfully Lee he starts back at work on Monday. Why this couldn't have been dealt with months ago is beyond me

Hi DET excuse the capitals but I'm doing this on my phone phone and for some strange reason it's doing its own thing. Sorry to hear about your job comma it's not very nice at the best of times but at least I could have given you some warning. As you say the main thing is is you aren't drinking that would have been a disaster.

Good luck in finding another job quickly.

Hi Lav , how are you? the machine has actually managed to pick up your name now, still needs a bit of tweaking but in the main this is a lot easier. It is very muggy today and feels like a storm is on the way yeah. The storm during the night lasted about an hour and didn't even hardly wet the plants. Hope you are well well and have a good weekend and

Hello Mr G how are you? Yes the temperatures over here are slightly hot at the moment, it takes your mind off the politics

Hi p p q p p, how are you today? Hope all is well with you you including the weather. Have you any plans for the weekend ? Whatever you do make it a good 1

Hello everybody else hope you have a good weekend whatever you're doing take care
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yo Abber's.

All fairly well here thanks Mick. Cruising along nicely. Simple daily self care check in = minimum: basic yoga set x 1. 5 mindful breaths. More if i choose to. That's it. I can handle that. If i'm avoiding such a simple task, then something is wrong somewhere and i need to address it. So far so good.

Lav, wowza! Great design and work all round on the 'dream big' embroy...embra.....embroidery. I'll have to think of something and put in an order.

Det, sorry to hear of the job shenanigans. Your attitude sounds like you can do anything. Good luck mi amigo.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Sitting. On the deck, it’s 83 degrees at the moment, not bad. It’s fun to watch the hummingbirds filling up at the feeders before it gets dark.
                YB took the cover off the gas grill (haven’t used it all summer due to the heat). He found a nice mouse nest inside full of fluffy material from somewhere & the shells from the birdseed I keep out all winter for the birds, Lol. Well the grill is clean now & we cooked chicken & corn on the cob

PQ, your package is definitely 100% on the way to you I didn’t want to keep you in suspense, haha!
                I hope your weekend is pleasant.

Det, I am really sorry about the job, geez
                Is the entire company folding or are they just trying to reduce costs by laying people off? That sucks.
                Maybe the universe is giving you a sign - move on with your photography, hmm.
                While you are considering what’s next go get yourself signed up for unemployment benefits. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :hug:

Mick, surprised you haven’t melted down yet. What are you doing to stay cool?
                If these past few summers haven’t convinced you that there is indeed a major climate crisis going on then you must be hiding in a cave. I honestly can’t believe the climate deniers. Hang in there!!!

Tomorrow we are going to go see our granddaughter on stage in a Mary Poppins for kids production. She has been at a day camp for a month or more preparing for this. We are taking our younger grandson along because he really needs a special day out & away from his older brother, ha ha! I hope he’s in a decent mood for us.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...OMG! What's that all about? Do heed what Lav says and get on those benefits. Not sure how it works in the states but up here you have to give a reason for dismissal which then determines if you're eligible for unemployment insurance. Gees, that just sucks and you don't even have your therapist to hang onto. So glad you have your head on straight and love the positive attitude that you'll be alright. I think the extra meetings will help, you really need to talk it out. Feel free to blather on randomly. :hug:

Mick...we're currently sitting at 30 degrees but no humidity. I've been watching the news items about your weather and the fact that AC is not generally available. You keep yourself cool and hydrated. Glad to hear the tribunal was a favorable outcome for your friend. No plans for the weekend other than watering the garden. There's a Birthday Party at the centre tomorrow with about 190 people and of course the exhaust system is acting up and I can't get the kitchen to cool down. Of course the boss in out of the province and the building superintendent lives out of town. Think I'll turn my phone off for the weekend.

Gman...good to see you again and I hope you found your chair and will be sticking around. I like your simple daily self care check in, I think I can get on board with that. I have to start doing something as I tend to lead a very inactive life and am really feeling it.

Lav...are you missing any embroidered pillows? LOL Thinking of all the other things he could have found in there and think a mouse nest is the easiest to deal with. I love corn on the cob on the BBQ! Thanks for sorting out the mailing issue, it could have been a close call what with Xmas only 5 months away. LOL Take it the granddaughter in the Mary Poppins production is the one who loves the stage life. What a great summer day camp. I think your younger grandson needs a special day too. Hope all goes well.

Pauly...missing you on the thread. In case you're lurking I'm having Kraft Dinner and Hot Dogs for dinner tonight. LOL

Time to unwind (and turn off the phone?). Have a great night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Heya ABfriends here and there and everywhere!

spent the day in deep contemplation, and learning just what it will take to launch my eCommerce biz very quickly and it's actually looking
                    quite encouraging. yay. good phone call with family, then did a good session at the gym, then a Refuge meetings and chat afterwords and
                    just now home. Feeling good and strong thankfully and thanks all for the encouragement.

Lav, mice ready to cook...just turn on the gas. yikes.

PPQ, Kraft? dinner? oh that's it... you just pop down here and I'll make you some real chow! but I do know the energy isn't always there to make
                    something 'proper'. I do eat quite a few rather simple meals when home alone.

Guitarista! good to see you mate as always.

Pauly doing ok?

anyone hear from SK?

Mick, dunno how you can post from your phone, I've tried and it's so annoying I can't do it. perhaps it's time for a bigger phone...

well, I'm tired but mellow. Time to crash while listening to a podcast and zzzzzzzz

gnight loves, be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon all from a very rainy wet and miserable United Kingdom, not quite true very wet let and raining but still hot what, so yet again the rabbits are in the garage this time sheltering from the rain full stop so what are we all doing this weekend, I'm building houses for the Railway and that's about it. Will probably go up to my friend's Farm tomorrow

Mr G, great to hear you're cruising along nicely, take it easy mate

Hello Lav, how are you today? So you're off to see Mary Poppins are you? Hope you enjoy it a climate crisis? You've got to be kidding haha swap the word crisis for complete shambles and I'd agree with you take it easy have a great weekend and enjoy supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious oh, I have actually just done that dictating to my phone comma it made no mistakes which is far less than I would make. Take care

Hiya p p q p, how are you this weekend? All good I hope are you doing anything over the weekend or is it lazy time? Whatever have a nice 1

Hi DET, for some reason it will only take your name in capitals how are you today my friend hope things are ok. So impressed to see that when an issue arose you didn't jump near bottle well done mate. As from writing this from my phone, I'm actually dictating this to the phone and the phone is writing it for me, and that's even with a Scottish accent full stop whatever you're doing friend have a great weekend

Big shout out to everyone out there, take it easy have a great weekend
                      Last edited by Mick; July 27, 2019, 09:34 AM.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends,

Well the show was fabulous, naturally, haha! Imagine a theater group ages 8-17 filling in all the roles for a production of Mary Poppins
                        By some feat (possibly back magic) I ended up with BOTH grandsons being dropped off so we had no choice but to take them both to the show.
                        Everything worked out, we all survived but I do have a headache now, Lol

Hello to Det, G,Mick & PQ & everyone.
                        I’ll write more tomorrow when I can actually hear myself think ��
                        Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                        X