Week of Aug 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week of Aug 4th

Mae everybody,yep PQ,no regular person needs an assault rifle, even if they are a gun collector, it's just dumb,hope your back feels better,back pain is one of the worst and hard to get rid of for some reason,Mick are you guys planning anymore getaways? Waves to Lav,Det and Sam hope we all have a great BF Wednesday (almost put Thursday,getting too ahead haha)!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Top O the Morning ABerdoooodlers!!

fab stay-over at my gal's place last night, I brought my ipad with my music synthesizer APPS on it and her daughter really had fun
      jamming on it, great healthy fun had by all. Made salmon and broccoli for dinner, simple and yummo.

The mental state of the shooter has everything to do with it. It's very true that the vast majority of mentally-ill are quite harmless but the
      tiny subfraction of them that are prone to unconscionable acts need to be helped/isolated/guns taken etc etc as a priority. ONLY a very sick
      mind is capable of hurting other people, whether it's with a truck as we saw in France, a gun, poison or whatever. The really scary thing is
      that there are no quick easy fixes for chronically ill violent people. This is going to take a very comprehensive approach and certainly will not
      be solved by knee-jerk media headlines screaming for bandaid solutions. Violent video games do not typically trigger actual violence in the vast
      majority of people, but for those with a mental health proclivity towards violence it appears they as well as social media and other influences
      are contributing factors. When I was residing in another state with very restrictive gun laws, a violent sick person attempted to buy a gun but
      was refused by the legal process. He simply constructed a molotov cocktail from a wine bottle and gasoline and chucked it into the pub where
      his intended victim was relaxing. This resulted in the death of 7 people and dozens critically burned/toxic smoke injured, also the building
      as well as both adjacent buildings burned to the ground causing millions in damage. All from a piece of untraceable trash that cost virtually nothing.
      It's truly frightening isn't it? when a persons intent is to cause harm there is almost no stopping them. A great number of these dangerous people
      do however post their violent intentions on social media and we need to be paying attention. The cries for help are often right there.

Some of my T shirt designs incidentally are my artistic projection of concern over US hegemony globally. this will likely result in me receiving a bit
      of hate mail but we'll see. Hopefully I don't get any stalkers or death threats. Designs are coming together nicely so today I'm test-ordering,
      getting samples and continuing to get my marketing strategy dialed-in.

Love is the antidote for hatred. Let us love everyone in spite of our differences. Spread love, not division. That's my plan anyhoo.

At a Refuge meeting yesterday i was pleasantly surprised to find that two of the attendees will be my neighbors after i get moved into my GF's place...
      like literally 2 blocks away. So nice to have so healthy friends on location since it's a totally new area for me and i didn't know anyone there.

that's a wrap for now... packing and studying continues....

be well loves
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then Amys birthday today ..so on the spend ..She is offto Scotland with b/f tomorrow.We were supposed to go to Cornwall wirth the van in Sept ..phoned up to book a site ..the lady said that at that time most of the facilitieswill be closed ..I thenphoned another site ..same sort of thing ...so bugger it ...booked and off to Tenerife again ...Los Gigantes hotel..thats the one with the beautiful sea view ..
        Interesting conversation re the use of firearms and shooting people and the folk carrying out the attacks .To say the mental state of the perp is responsible isnt really good enough.there are so many contributing factors to why the weapon is used ..those range for ease of purchasing weapons ,all the way through to the discharge of armed forces without descaling the thinking patterns and motivation that has been built in ..
        Hate of regime individual hate bullying social inadequacy jealousy ,greed anger ,lack of financial security ,drug fuelled drink fuelled religious beliefs ,gang culture ,..they all have the motive to play a part in it..and thats before we get to politics ,media,games etc..In a nutshell you cannot blanket everyone by saying its their mental state ..pre during and post all produce different mental states of mind .....anyway soap box away ..
        Det you are certainly coming up with the recipes ..salmon n broccoli..best of luck with the business give it the same oomph as you did to give up drinking ..you will be a winner .

Pauly ...hows you ?hope all is good ..yup question answered if you look at the video ,I think its around the 8 second mark ,the woman in black reading the kindle is Julie ..I think we should get a discount for advertising their hotel!

TUI SENSIMAR Los Gigantes in Los Gigantes | TUI.co.uk

hiya Lav ...sack the shooting ..we will stick with Matthews Southern Comfort.....and Woodstock... as for not coming to the States ..i will be in Florida next May irrespective..

hiya ppqp..hows you then? Ive now put the roads and lamp posts in on the layout ..will put some pics up tomorrow .

big hiya to everyone else stay safe ..stay sober
        Last edited by Mick; August 7, 2019, 02:56 PM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

Sitting out on the deck - post thunder storm & it’s definitely cooler, hope it lasts.
          There are a couple of hummingbirds dive bombing the feeder hanging about 6 feet away from my head, haha!
          Sorry about my mood the past few days but I have really had enough of this violence sh*t!!!!
          I was thinking today, back in the early 70’s when we first started in our careers things were VERY different. If the police suspected that you were up to no good they could find a way to legally detain you for a while until investigations were made. Of you were deemed safe then you were released. If you were found to be a potential problem you were placed in a state mental health hospital until things could be sorted out. But the laws changed & the state hospitals were closed down because they were basically hellholes. That’s when the homeless, drug & alcohol addicted people began filling up the streets in the bigger cities. People who were unable to care for themselves were tossed in the streets. Not to mention the influx of veterans post VietNam, awful. Human beings need better treatment, there’s no arguing there. We need a ton of social workers to find appropriate housing & mental health care for people, especially the vets! Have you ever read about the number of vets committing suicide in the parking lots of the VA Hospitals? It’s pathetic. If we could increase basic care for these people on the fringe we could greatly reduce these violent acts of pure hate & hopelessness.

PQ, what happened to your back? I hope you’re OK :hug:

Pauly, I don’t let anyone give me any stink about my ‘not drinking’. That’s their problem, not mine.

Det, are you going to try to sell shirts on Amazon? That’s something I thought about over the years. Good luck.

Mick, I missed the true hippie era by a few years but I was always with them in my heart, Lol
          Happy Birthday to Amy! I can’t believe you are planning another trip already, lucky dog

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick place is phenomenal! I had seen pics in the past from when you two went but getting to see up close how posh the resort is I'm jealous! Very nice hope Amy had a nice birthday,is she still working as a midwife? Lav,yep this shit has to end,I think beefed up security everywhere may help? Also allowing the security guards to actually be able to do their jobs would help,here in Vegas there's alot of security in places like up in my complex at work yet when we need them they can't do much except call the police and they're mostly elderly,retired people looking for extra money so that really doesn't help,I don't know I just know that I refuse to live scared,I just can't be on edge all the time,Kell has tries two new shops this week and the first one was great,on the west side,busy,etc but the owner was Asian and didn't understand that she's not a licensed barber but a licensed cosmotologist which means she can't use a straight razor and he freaked out cuz she wasn't using one and told her to leave,the shop she tried yesterday was a cocky guy who drinks beer on the job and he's the owner! Anyways she sat there all morning with no haircuts and told the guy it wasn't gonna work out and he proceeded to belittle her and tell her she was missing a great opportunity and she's a loser go back to the dive she's working at,on and on,I told her that Gus a tool and don't let it get you down,I hate job hunting! Anyways waves to PQ,Det and Sam hope we all have a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Thursday ABeroooos!

lovely meditation last night, even had a couple new faces show up. I swear if we taught real functional mental
              and emotional disciplines in schools our world would truly be a much nicer place....but alas we have a very very
              long way to go.

Mick, salient points mate, I was referring in particular to the actions of lone-wolf individuals. The specter of Gov
              violence is an enormously complex one in it's own right of course and while there is certainly much to do with mental
              health of the decision-makers including greed/nepotism/control addiction/racism-ethnic cleansing etc the other variables
              of economics, complex trade negotiations etc etc all do indeed ad to the mix. Fine mess the globe is in however it bears
              noting that slavery and outright global violence are continuing to drop, albeit not fast enough for those with compassion
              for suffering. It's hard to bear sometimes... truly is. There was a sting for human-trafficking (a horrible epidemic) and
              14 teenagers were rescued from sex slavery here in Vegas. Yikes.
              Both my dad and my ex father in law are VN vets and I'm well aware of the dreadful way they are treated as
              well as the terrors they are forced to remember...grotesque for sure.

Lav, Amazon Merch is certainly something i need to learn more about. With amazon now being the worlds largest product
              search site the amount of exposure is incredibly appealing. Are you going to give it a go? You do all your own printing at
              home right? I see my POD APP Printful offers embroidery services now but it's a media I'm clueless about so far.

Pauly, so sorry about the work drama. I love your statement: I don't know I just know that I refuse to live scared,I just can't be on edge all the time
              Not quite sure I'm following... are you looking for work now or the coworker?

3 more designs to upload today! about ready to run ads-testing then.....exciting stuff. Need to rename my instagram and convert it to my biz account and then
              start pestering the world with links to it so I can get likes/comments there and for FB as well. I didn't even know how to setup a personal FB account 2
              weeks ago! ack! what a rollercoaster but it's great to learn and expand the ol noggin'.

off to do that, then make another load to storage.

be well loves!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

totally forgot to mention I'm really enjoying a podcast on the Joe Rogan show where he's interviewing Bernie Sanders. Great podcast FYI
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det,my daughter Kellie works at the same shop as me,she's poking around for a different job. Hubs loves Joe Rogan too

Comment

hiya all ..how are we then ? good I hope ..today hot temps both the rabbits dossing on the lawn all day...its supposed to bestormy tonight ...As your gun violence ...a police officer here got seriuosly injured by a 56 year old man with a machete.he will recover thank goodness..
                    Det good luck with your business mate ..hope it really takes off for you ..As for the gun issues it will take a multi national political and cultural party to even begin to disemminate it all..A report over here today says that 73%increase in females carrying knives and not necessarily for their own protection .Again similar to you we seem to have an issue with modern day slavery..

hiya Lav ...hows you then?did it all go ok? we used to have the same here ..section 12 of the mental health act..detention until its proved there was no risk ..if there was ..same as you ..asylum ..but then theclosed them,quoting "care in the community"..only they forgot the care bit ..so now we have a scenario where you have mentally unstable people in the community ..when they do wrong the first option is jail.which def isnt the place for them.anyway if there are any politicians reading this .....get your heads together!

hiya pauly ...you ok?are you in the process of looking for another job?or is it kell?yep we like that hotel ..mind you so does everyone else ..it was luck we got that place ..its like our second home!do you get a prog on telly over there called Vegas 24/7?not being offensive but it hasnt got me rushing to buy a ticket ..

hiya ppqp ...how are you then? a;ll good I hope..poets day tomorrow ...cards first?

right all night night ..

I caught my wife melting down her wedding ring then re-casting it into the shape of a bullet, so was just wondering if my marriage might need a little bit of attention.

Since our family inadvertently travelled back in time to the 1870s, I've really struggled to adjust to the culture.

However, my wife has fit right in with her handlebar moustache.

A fish has just been convicted of murder.

He is now on Death Roe

My wife told me she was taking me somewhere really cool for my Birthday.

I looked a right Muppet ice skating in my suit.

One Liners Version: 001

Now that food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants.

Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative.

Sign in a Chinese Pet Store: "Buy one dog, get one flea..."

I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner.

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.

There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and shithead's.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

How come we choose from just two people to run for president and 50 for Miss America?

Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Sunny skies, not too hot then out of nowhere the skies opened up & we’re having a huge rain storm - strange to say the least.
                      Took YB to the doc today for the 9th cutting. On his back this summer, geez. This is getting very old. I’ll be changing dressings for a few days but this wasn’t a big cut at least.

Pauly, I feel bad that you girls have to work in such unsavory shops. Is there any way you could search for positions outside of the city? A longer commute may be worth it if you can find work in a suburban setting somewhere.

Det, I don’t do any screen printing here. I can & have printed designs on special sheets that you heat press onto a shirt or something. I have done any in years. I have a company that will screen print the designs, mail them to me & I heat press them on shirts. Don’t get a lot of call for anything like that these days. Trends come & they go.
                      I like to have some work to do but I am not interested in spending 12-16 hours in my shop like I did when I first started out with this stuff. I need time for me & to be Granny Lav & enjoy some gardening & chickens, LOL

Mick, everything went as well as possible today, thanks. I stopped & bought him lunch on the way home for behaving in the doctor’s office, haha! Also stopped at Costco on the way home
                      YB has to appear for a jury duty summons tomorrow. I truly hope they send him right home. Personally i wouldn’t want an ex cop on my jury if I was on trial for something. All they want to do is convict & go home. Don’t tell anyone I said that, Lol

Hello to Sam & Cyn. Where’s our friend Pie & SK?
                      Have a decent night everyone.

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I've been suffering from a touch of pleurisy and am back on antibiotics. Developed quite the cough and managed to pull a muscle in my back. Hurts like hell. So now I am also on Tylenol 3 and Ibuprofen. I've never taken so many drugs at one time in my life before. The back pain is exhausting so I tend to do nothing when I get home. You asked about smoking the other day and sadly I started again. I can manage not to have a cig all day but haven't manged to distract myself when I get home. I'm back on my 2 week Champix and my new quit date is August 15th. Not giving up on quitting. Didn't realize YB had to go in for another cutting, hope that's the last one. Think I agree, I wouldn't want an ex copy on my jury either. LOL

Mick...our temps reached 30 today and a cool down is coming tomorrow and should last till next Wednesday. I'm good with that. So does Cornwall pack it up for the summer come September? I think Tenerife is a great second choice, it would always be my first.

Pauly...I hope Kell can find a decent place, that guy really did sound like a jerk.

Det...things sound like they're moving along and you're doing ok.

Sorry this is a short post but I really am dragged out by the time I get home. Hope everyone has a peaceful evening...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,I'm so sorry sounds awful! Hope you can try and get some rest today,Lav,hope all goes well with YB, yeah the first shop Kell tried was waaaay on the west side of town but like I said that won't work,can't do anything right now cuz one of my coworkers is in the hospital yet again for drinking too much,I'm worried about her Mick,looks like a wet one for you today,wish it were us, haven't had a Fab pour down here on my side of town all summer, sprinkles but that's it,Det,good luck on your business adventure hope we all have a great BF Friday!!

Comment

Ahoy hoy ABeroooos!

Longing for more rain/lightning like we had the other day....
                            Mick, the knife crime scene over there has certainly been getting attention in recent years and appears to be intensifying sadly.
                            RT posted a rather good article relating crime in the US and the UK. i don't want to post a hot-link here but the title of the article is:

Shootings in America and stabbings in Britain: Two epidemics that are all blame, no solutions

Lav, glad your patient is behaving. you're in good company on the court issue... the US DOJ has done an amazing job of callously
                            destroying families and lives here for quite some time and is in bad need of a complete overhaul.

PPQ, that's no darn fun sorry to hear. Pain meds tend to make me constipated, just something to look out for if you're the same.
                            The NIC is indeed a tough one, still using my vape here. Was just about to initiate my quit from that when I lost job and life got
                            super crazy...perhaps not my time just yet.

Pauly, very best to Kel, Vegas is a weird place for work. I think employers and employees are somehow jaded by bad experiences
                            as it tends to be a rather transient city.

Managed to link my IG and FB accounts and upload products to FB. I have a grand total of 1 'like' on my IG hahahahhaa.... marketing
                            genius here. Just starting out and haven't pulled the trigger on advertising campaign just yet. I really need to test the shopping cart function
                            but it won't let me do it as I'm the account admin. If anyone is brave enough to do it I'll paypal the full amount so it would be free, just PM
                            me if interested and I'll send the link. Or if you just want to see my weird designs. There are so many moving parts to eCommerce that are
                            brand new to me but I must say I'm enjoying the learning process.

Another load of crapola heading to storage today, then making dinner at M'Ladys place. Her daughter will want to play in the pool and that's
                            sounds like a good idea to me as well.

Sam, doing ok?

well here's to a kickass healthy Friday!

be well loves
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hiya all how are you all today then? All good I hope. Well today has been raining on and off, more on than off. I'm out metal detecting this Sunday first time for a long time, so hopefully something will come up. I'm still doing the trains... it is starting to look pretty smart it will keep me going for years and then of course I can change it as and when I desire already... it's taking on many forms.

Hello Lav how are you today then ?how is the wounded soldier and his back? Is he ok? Fancy him being on a jury that is definitely a non-starter that's like giving Winchester's to the Apaches, it would be like sending me to do a jury service yep keep my old mates in business. Yes we've got a Costco here as well it is brilliant for fuel well below the normal prices. Hope you have a great weekend

Hi ppqp how are you? Are you feeling any better today? That's it never quit quitting. Yes it seems like Cornwall shut down for the tourist season in the middle of September , ok people still go, but the main site facilities are shutdown oh well so sad too bad Tenerife here we come. This is actually my favourite hotel you take care look after yourself

Hiya p a u l y I am spelling out your name otherwise it comes up with some mad inventions. If you do need any rain let me know as plenty here quite willing to share believe me! enjoy your weekend

Hiya det.. again I have to spell your name out .also how come this machine understand Scottish perfectly, and yet will not pick up simple little words. Interesting article reference the shootings and the stabbings epidemics all blame but no Solutions I think both have a lot in common, however the ease of getting firearms in America Outdoes the knife crime here what I mean by that is if firearms were as easy get over here in the UK we would probably have the same issues. I definitely think there are problems both socially and with a complete generation or two. You can't blanket target everyone the same, however the current younger generation seems to be I want it's my entitlement now give me ,and then on top of that you have the social issues .boredom lack of facilities poverty financial distress stress and all the other things we discussed too full stop on top of that we have all the other generational issues and people issues that we talked about as well mental health ex forces all those sort of issues full stop in short the world is a pretty bad place comma from the top of government downwards you seem to be moving on pretty fast with your business best of luck my friend

Right folks on here and those just looking in best to you all and have a great weekend
                              Last edited by Mick; August 9, 2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Good evening friends,

Not as hot & sticky today, yay & the patient is doing well. So I shouldn’t have any complaints? HA HA
                                Today I got a bill for lab work $350 that was done in February. Apparently Medicare (some dimwit that works there) de-activated my account only 1 month after going on it, what???? I found out about that when they didn’t pay for my doc visit in March. I called, spent half a day on the phone & got it straightened out & the doc received her payment. I emailed the lab company & told them just to resubmit the invoice, it should be paid. There needs to be a simpler way to handle this nonsense.
                                And don’t get me started about trying to track a package I mailed July 26 to Canada, haha! Call the USPS & the first thing you’re told is the waiting time to speak to a human is 1 hr 45 minutes - really

PQ, aww I’m sorry to hear about your respiratory status. Pleurisy is tough & pulling muscles coughing is tough too. I hope you heal up quickly & I promise to track that package, one way or the other :hug: Keeping my fingers crossed for a successful quit August 15!

Pauly, keep your eyes & ears open for new positions for you & Kell. There has to be something better out there for you two.
                                I hope you get a decent rain to clear out the dust & pollens.

Det, I was changing the patient’s dressing this morning when he asked what his back looked like now, so I took a picture. I didn’t realize he hadn’t gotten a good look at it after all these cuttings even though I gave him a mirror to use. He was kind of surprised, lol
                                I am truly keeping my fingers crossed about Monday’s possible jury duty, I’m not kidding, I hope they send him straight home.
                                So have you ever heard of a platform called ‘Bonanza’? Paypal sent me an invitation to sign up & sell there - it’s sounds like another ebay type of thing.
                                Glad you are sorting your way thru all the ins & outs of online shop keeping.

Mick, we also fuel up the car & truck at Costco, good savings. When I’m not traveling up that way I just cross the state line into Maryland & buy gas there. It’s cheaper & the closest gas station to my house.
                                I hope you get a break from the rain soon, geez. Good luck detecting on Sunday, sounds like fun.

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a nice night.
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X