Week of Aug 1th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week of Aug 1th

X-post Sam,glad you had a fun getaway ugh even midnight is too late for this 40 something year old zzzzz
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...how are we today then? all good I hope..you arent going to believe this but its raining today...and last night I looked out of the window ..and up the roads cat was stalking the rabbits ,needless to say it left in a hurry ..will have a word with the woman that owns it ..she is pretty reasonable .but this garden belongs to my rabbits ...ok brew time ...

hiya Pauly ,how are you today then?no the lenses arent cheap and the thing is its an ongoing expense and I am not so sure its what I want...hope you had a good day

hiya Sam ..nice to see you mate..glad you had a good time ...and in bed early...yep I think all our disco days are gone...not so sure Im that upset

hiya Lav ..thanks for the crappy weather..mind you share and share alike ...after all according to the clowns we are very special friends ....hope the craft fair goes well for you

Salmon and Asparagus .ppqp..hark at you ....hows you feeling?did you get a game at cards?hope so..yes Im not convinced about the lenses either ...especially with the stipulations...with regards to the wasps ...what have you planted this year that you dont usually?secondly what has changed in the environment..ie fields /meadows gone ? and lastly what has you pollen count been like?

right peeps thats me ..toodle pip

Went for an interview as a bin man, not got any experience but I’ll just pick it up as I go

I've lost the instructions on how to build a propeller for my aircraft...

So I'm just going to have to wing it.

“No thanks, I’m a vegetarian” is a fun thing to say when someone tries to hand you a baby.

Scientists have recreated an ancient Egyptian Queen's perfume.

I'm getting some for my mummy.

In the news: Two guy from Bury managed to subdue a crazed Knife man in Sydney Australia, who had killed a woman and wounded another.

The head of Sydney police has labels them a Heroes.
      The Prime Minister of Australia has lauded their brave selfless act
      Boris has commented about their ability to put themselves in harms way to help other
      And Manchester Police have issued a warrant for their arrest for assault of an Australian citizen.

My daughter got her tongue pierced yesterday.

She cried and cried and there was certainly a lot of blood everywhere, and I also couldn't believe how profusely that dentist apologised for slipping with that drill.

I think Larry the Lamb would make a better job of running Hong Kong than Carrie Lam.

right
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hidy Ho ABpeeps!!!!

I've been redonkulously busy with the move-in so totally behind here. ack! it's going good though...trying to get used to it all.
        I did manage to sneak out for a hummingbird pic and I FINALLY got one that I'm really happy with. Took 80+ attempts but here she is:

**picture** Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

you can zoom in a bit. The detail is remarkable for a tiny creature of 2 1/2" or so.

will catch up shortly...

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Det, the hummingbird is awesome
          I have several buzzing around my deck right now, including a bunch of babies. I hope you catch up with yourself soon, haha. Moving aon’t for sissies, I know!

Mick, you sure are stuck in a wet weather pattern. We seem to be getting a little bit of everything here. And they’re promising the return of the heatwave, yuck. Glad you got that cat moved out of your yard before anything happened.

Sam, I don’’t stay up until midnight anymore either, just in case you were wondering, LOL
          You probably missed my report about the Old Fiddler’s Picnic last weekend - it was a hoot Glad you got some time away!

PQ, I’m so happy your package finally arrived, YAY :yay:
          I hope your day was good & your back is behaving.

Hello to the rest of our crew & wishing everyone a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...well the stars aligned for you, severe weather didn't materialize, YB got released and my package arrived. You must be doing something right! Not going to talk about my back anymore, like Pauly said I think I jinxed it. Maybe shifted the wrong way in my sleep but searing pain woke me up around 2am. It settled down quickly and managed another 4hrs of pain free sleep. I was pretty stiff and sore today but I'm due to take my biologic tomorrow so hopefully that will help settle things down.

Sam...good to see your post and I think it's great you were able to get away for a mini vaca. I feel really old, I don't get anywhere near midnight before hitting the sack. LOL

Pauly...getting so tired of this, I can relate to your allergies, it just wears me out. With my arthritis shot tomorrow and Friday and Monday off maybe I'll finally lick this. Hope you had a good day.

Mick...hm, trying to figure out "Hark at you" but dinner was delish. I'm shocked that it's raining. Not! LOL Wow...what a downpour. It's usually hard to video tape the rain but you had no problem this morning. Now the neighbourhood cat is a predator. OMG, what next! Hope she takes responsibility and puts an end to it. Enjoyed a lovely afternoon of cards and when the accountant came up to me I put my hand up and said "I'm on holiday's, I'll deal with it tomorrow." Other than that didn't think of work at all. So when you get the new trial lenses I think the response is thanks but no thanks. With regards to the wasps, nothing new planted in the gardens but our weather pattern has changed. Extreme heat one day and then wet cool weather the next. The pollen has been very mild this year and we have lots of bees visiting strategically placed flowers as usual.

Det...glad the move-in is going good and you're still sounding positive about everything. What a great pic of the hummingbird! You just get yourself sorted and you can catch up with us anytime.

It's a nice easy buns and salads for dinner tonight, minimum dishes to wash up. Hope we all have a restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,Det the pic is awesome! I love hummingbirds PQ, hope the shot helps and the few days off too,things just get old having to deal with them day in and day out, allergies have been better if I keep up with my homeopathic remedies however I stop doing them when I feel better then hafta start all over again! Mick cats act like they own the world anyways haha,Lou has a stray kitten they found and he takes off,comes back,takes off again then back,he's really cute too all black so I wish he'd just stay,that way I have a grandkitty to play with when I go over there,the other day she was laying on her back playing with the grandpuppies it was really cute and I'm no cat lover,Lav,glad YB got out of it,hope you knocked on wood when you typed it would be your turn next much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we ..stopped raining here ..and the rabbits are out playing...Spoketo the lady that owns the cat ,she was astonished ,and very apologetic..I wasnt rude or nasty ,but explained that it doesnt and will not belong in my garden,she agreed and was happy enough with that...
                been doing a wee bit more on the trains,Ive sent the ones I could a video of it ...there is a little signal box ,Ive even put the signalman the levers etc inside..

20190815_094901.jpg

20190815_094729.jpg

Det that is a brilliant pic of the humming bird. well done to you ..you are doing great mate.

hiya ppqp ..hark at you.. itsan exclamation of surprise..well how did the card school go ?Im not jumping the gun ,but I think yiu are right with the lenses..but we shall see.best of luck with the arthritis injection.

hiya Lav ,yep cat no more in the garden..hows you then?whats your weather like? hope you have a decent day.

hiya pauly how are you today then? hope all is swell with you ..

big hello to everyone else too...

A teacher asked the kids in her 3rd grade class, “What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Little Johnny answered: "I wanna start out as a Marine Pilot, then be a billionaire, go to the most expensive clubs, find me the finest hooker, give her a Ferrari worth over a million bucks, an apartment in Copacabana, a mansion in Paris, a jet to travel throughout Europe, an Infinite Visa Card, and all the while banging her like a loose screen door in a hurricane."

The teacher, shocked, and not knowing what to do with this horrible response from little Johnny, decided not to acknowledge what he said and simply tried to continue with the lesson.

"And how about you, Sarah?"

"I wanna be Little Johnny’s hooker."

Overheard in a restaurant...
                "Waiter!" shouted the furious diner, "how dare you serve me this! There's a twig in my soup"!
                "My apologies, "said the waiter. "I'll inform the branch manager".

Overheard at Tesco.
                I always get in the shortest checkout line that way you stand a better chance to get to the cashier before the prices go up.

I took a poll yesterday! And 100% of people were annoyed that their tent had fallen down.

A delivery man knocked on my door today and said, "I have a parcel for your next door neighbour."
                I said, "you've got the wrong house then mate! "

A grasshopper goes into a bar, hops up on the counter and says to the bartender, "give me a drink."
                The bartender says, "hey, there's a cocktail named after you!"
                The grasshopper says, "you mean there's a drink called Bob?"

Where do Abba eat their dinner?
                They go Fer Nando's.

After years of research scientists have identified the biggest cause of dry skin...
                Towels.
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Kinda crappy outside so I made it a decent day inside running my machines all day.
                  It’s so humid out it just smacks you in the face when you open the door, yuck. We had several heavy rains overnight & it was foggy this morning.

Mick, looks like you are ready to open your train museum soon, very nice! Thanks for the video.

Pauly, I was relieved they sent him home promptly, haha!! If/when I get called I’ll just have to go. I always used my nursing license as an excuse to be excused but can’t do that anymore.

PQ, I sure hope you get a handle on the aches & pains, geez. It’s hard enough to get thru a day as it is.
                  I’m about to do more Christmas stockings for a lady who saw the pictures of yours Like I said, I really appreciate the people who don’t wait until the last minute

Det, hope you are well. Hello to the rest of the crowd too!

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                  Lav

PS: There was a huge police action in Philadelphia last evening - made the national news. The 6 police officers that were shot are all home already & recovering. The criminal who shot them with an AR-15 is in custody. My heart was heavy watching that play out on live TV.
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav,I seen that,jeez lasted for hours til they finally tear gassed him,shoulda done that sooner,glad nobody was killed,Mick had a dream that I visited you haha,Amy was just a little girl and so was my Lb in the dream so weird PQ,hope your back feels ok today,Det hope you're just about moved by now,I don't like moving grrr,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Comment

Good afternoon all how are we today? All good I hope ....yes yet again over here it is pouring down with rain, and supposed to be doing exactly the same over the weekend for the whole weekend. Julie and I were supposed to be going for a walk tomorrow the weather continues the way is we will be going swimming as opposed to walking !

Hi Pauly how are you today? Ok I hope.. that was some dream coming over to visit us Amy simply isn't a little girl anymore, she causes as much problems as she did when she was however but that's just life is suppose haha If you ever make it over here you are more than welcome and you know that.

Hiya lav how are you? Ok I hope yes you're right kind of crappy is an excellent way to describe the weather full stop go back to the Stone stone doesn't lie haha. So you're nice nursing licence used to get you out of jury service did it? Ok never fear,if I ever get called to jury service despite having worked in the prison service , I will tell them I have got a friend over the water who would really really love to be on the jury after all with Johnson and trump we are almost kissing cousins anyway haha hope you have a nice day

Hiya ppqp how are you today ?all rested up feeling better? Or ready for a lot of game of cards? After all it is poets day so don't be hanging around too long! take care and have a great weekend

Hiya Det How are you ?hope all is well and you've moved into wherever you are moving to. how's the business going? have you started yet? Wish you all the best in your venture my friend take it easy

Right folks, the few and far between hope you're having a good weekend those here those not here, those lurking and those not lurking but wishing you were..

My nickname at school was scarf ace

I was fcking brilliant at knitting

My pet shark has converted to Islam.
                      He now wants to be known as Mohammerhead.

Just a few more months and I can throw away my spectacles.

I'll finally have 2020 vision.

I was driving down a country lane when a biscuit delivery vehicle came flying past me with the windows down, blasting out horrible 80s soft rock sh.te...

I think it must have been the OREO Speed Wagon

I have been trying to come up with a coffee pun for days and have finally come up with one.
                      Better latte then never.
                      Last edited by Mick; August 16, 2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!

looking like all the AB butt-kickers and kicking butt nicely which is grand

Mostly unpacked here..yay. Now trying not to freak out about this shiny new biz I'm furiously working on. Such a learning curve for a dude
                        that didn't grow up in the information age but I'm getting there fast as I can. Afterall my survival is depending on it. ack! ommmm ommmm.

A wonderful wave of gratitude has been washing over me and I'm just so happy for it. I'm in a really lovely neighborhood with my lovely lady who
                        is just amazing on so many levels. My sobriety is making this all possible. More gratitude

made a super simple, yet fab gazpacho yesterday. Perfect for the Vegas heat.

Wishing you all a fabulous Friday and a healthy fun weekend.

back in a bit

be well loves
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

MAE ALL...

Had another rough night with the back pain! Just how long does it take to heal a pulled muscle anyways! It's just as well I have the day off as I could barely get out of bed. Little concerned about all the pain meds I'm taking but they seem to help.

Mick...woke up this morning and thought of you, it was pouring down with rain and I just loved the sound of it knowing I didn't have to go anywhere. If this back doesn't smarten up over the weekend I'll be going to the Doc's on Monday.

Lav...I'm glad you were able to use up the other stockings you purchased for my order and that the pic helped people order early. It appears we all watched the situation in PA live, was thinking of you.

Pauly...the dream of you visiting Mick is an omen, we should all go. I'm sure there's room for a couple of tents in the back garden.

Det...take a breath, you're doing great. You have a great support system and a really positive attitude.

Sun trying to come out now but quite frankly I'm too exhausted to go outside. Hoping it starts to rain again so I don't get a case of the "shoulds". Have a great day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Haha Mohammerhaed cracked me up,PQ, sorry about your back, did something to mine and now I have spasms,not nearly as much pain as you're going through but it still blows! Meds don't help it at all so I put on a Icy Hot tens doodad,yes that would be a blast to go visit Mick Det glad you're getting settled and it makes me happy to hear you so happy! Mick we may be a small crowd but we're a strong crowd so we equal a HUGE crowd
                            Last edited by paulywogg; August 16, 2019, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Today was the last day of hot weather. Tomorrow the SUPER hot weather returns for heatwave #5. WHO THE HELL ORDERED THAT? Lol
                              I am grateful for the AC of course but it would be nice to get outside once in a while, geez.

Det, sounds like you’re doing great & don’t forget - Rome wasn’t built in a day. I am so happy you have good support & continue to move forward in this awesome AF life

Pauly, applying any kind of ice to a sore spot is always helpful. Just don’t use a lot of heat, makes things worse.
                              I’ve relied on Icy Hot cream for things over the years with good results.

PQ, what I just said to Pauly applies to you as well I hope you get relief soon.
                              The lady I just did stockings for wanted something a little different so I got in a batch of large, plush stockings for her. Trying to keep everyone happy is what I do, haha!! Also, I like to have some stock around when needed.

Mick, yeah, believe it or not I was able to skirt county jury duty because of my job. YB never had to go either because of his job. Now that we are retired we can & will get called. The one time I did go it was for Federal jury duty in Philadelphia. I hope I never get called for that again because now, from here it’s like a 50+ mile drive & frankly am too scared of going into the city anymore.

Since Det doesn’t see my FB pics I thought I’d post one here - home grown loofah compliments of YB
                              image.jpg

Have a nice night all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav, those homegrown loofahs are really cool,save you guys some money cuz they're not cheap in stores jealous of PQ and Mick's rain,not much of a monsoon season here this year,not like usual anyways, barely awake so back later,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                                X