Week of August 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week of August 18

Hello all, and how are you this afternoon? Good I hope. I thought I had got rid of the cold, and it seems to have come back with a Vengeance I'm sitting here ,tears streaming down my face and snottering like mad.. I am talking to the phone, so listen carefully to the words I've written you probably hear the cold.haha

Hello ppgp and how are you today? Well did the rain start after your scorching day yesterday? glad your back is feeling better despite the fact you were catching up on mistakes made by the accountant your best mate!! mind you again cards will sort all the problems..... take care have a nice day

Hiya lav how are you today? Hope all is well ...what's this taking the dog to the vet to get teeth cleaned? Nothing wrong with stashing a lump of garlic in the food haha.. as for girls and the smart mouth, I don't think Amy gotb over hers until just before she actually left home... she is the only person that has in my whole life managed to come up close to my face and I mean nose to nose without some sort of recriminating action being taken for invading my personal space. Yes that book was good... apparently there in a whole series of them they were originally the ladybird ladybird children's books, but someone has put an adult spin on them so as I see them I will take them out and put them on for you yes I'm going detecting this weekend although full of the cold I really don't feel like it

Hiya pauly how are you doing today hope all is well with you?

Hi det How are you hope ?things are looking more positive for you today.. again go back to the saying Rome wasn't built in a day your progress so far has been absolutely tremendous my friend keep at it

Here are some pictures of the trains I've been messing about with..a new platform and I put lights on as well also some more cars and I've built a road take care have a great day

books.

BOOK REVIEW,THE LADYBIRD BOOK OF THE HANGOVER - YouTube

BOOK REVIEW, THE LADYBIRD BOOK OF THE MID LIFE CRISIS - YouTube

20190822_102259.jpg

20190822_102548.jpg

20190822_103153.jpg

20190822_102809.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; August 22, 2019, 11:33 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...well that's me done work till next Tuesday. :yay:

Lav...back is much better I didn't even take any pain meds this morning. Think I need to give my stomach a break. Still a little tender so am being careful. I'm glad you're able to spend some time on the deck, don't think that even happened last summer.

Mick...we did get the rain sometime during the night but I slept right through it. Actually have had 2 night's good sleep as the back is getting better. Our overnight low was our high for today and it's been dropping all morning. Perfect afternoon to have off. Looking at the pics of the trains made me wonder if you can make it rain. LOL I absolutely adore the railway workers, you are so talented. Have you found a new place for detecting? Or have the farmers harvested already? Hope you can kick this cold soon.

Time to figure out what to have for lunch and then will see what happens after that. Hope you all have a Fantastic Friday.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoy ho ABerooooos!

110F here, maybe a tad more. egads. so grateful I'm not a roofer i tells ya.

Mick, just stunning work on the train set. Sure hope those workers aren't on strike...then what
        would you do? out detecting with the nasty allergy thing sounds rough amigo... but we have to live.

PPQ, a better back is grand! what a relief. now back to cage-fighting eh?

Lav, most appreciated the advice on the 13yo. specially hiding the body. LOL kidding. I'm doing pretty good with
        my mood/stress today. last nights Refuge recovery meeting was much needed. Caught myself in some bad frustration today
        but had the strength to transcend it. Making more breakthroughs in my understanding of FB ads management thankfully.

need cooking therapy... tonight I'm doing a grilled chicken with mango/avocado salsa and a pile of Asian slaw made with red cabbage.

might be a swimming pool night. did manage a few sets on the weights today. super handy having the workout room so nearby here.

Mick, forgot to ask... you're buddy with the heart surgery getting stronger?

that's it for now folks. shower and cuppa joe coming up.

be well loves
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings friends,

Today SUPPOSEDLY was the last day of the heatwave ~ we shall see, LOL
          Went to the doc with YB this morning so he could have his sutures removed, stopped at Costco & stopped at our son’s house to check on the numerous cats they own. Good thing we did too because whoever was supposed to be watching them didn’t give them any water, geez.

Det, stay cool & keep working your way thru the maze of confusion, you’ll get there!!!

Mick, sounds like an allergy situation to me. Can you-get OTC allergy remedies over there? I can feel the fall allergy stuff starting here already. Your train pics are awesome, looks very professional, nice work
          I’ll look at the other books when I have a moment, thanks.

PQ, you enjoy your time off & continue to get better!!!
          Can’t wait for our fall-like weather tomorrow, yay!

Pauly, hope your day was fabulous!

I hope everyone has a nice night!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...coffee all around for us.

Det...110F no thank you. I would rather deal with -20F, at least I could layer up. LOL Alas I think my cage-fighting is behind me. Dinner last night sounded divine. Keep up the great work.

Lav...I'm sure the cats appreciated you stopping by. Sounds like your son needs to get a different cat sitter. So is that it for YB and his medical trips now? We have definitely got our fall-like weather here this morning. Rained all night with a couple of thunder booms. Did end up taking some pain meds last night, maybe I'm trying to push things a little too soon.

Mick...had a read through the books you linked for Lav. They are quite cute. Hope your cold/allergy attack is better today.

So I was a day ahead of myself signing off yesterday, reminded me of TG...hope things are good with you. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ, please don't push yourself beyond what your back can handle for now,I know you're tired of it but don't rush the healing process Det,glad you nipped the insomnia in the bud,I'm useless with no or little sleep,Lav,hope your heatwave is done,it is still August though,Mick,trains coming along nice,can't believe you got it so realistic and nice so fast it seems,how long did it take you? Yesterday was annoying,one lady I was working with gave me the silent treatment the whole day I didn't bother to ask what was up her ass,she's too old to act so childish,then I had to go to the Paiute clinic for appointment realized I forgot my phone at work so had to drive back to get it in heavy traffic,then go watch the boys for a few hours so Kell could meet her financial aid at the college,it was just a looooong day! Today I won't do anything hopefully,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Friday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly...I left my phone at work one day and although I didn't need it that night after about an hour I had to go and retrieve it. LOL At least I only had 2 blocks to go. My son just came downstairs and said he was going to A&W for breakfast. Said he'd also fill up my tire as the light came on last night. My response...you're just F*ing lucky I didn't have to go anywhere this morning. I don't mind him using my car but he needs to take some responsibility in maintaining it! Hope you have an Uneventful day...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Or when they take your car and leave the gas on E Brady has his own car but sometimes doesn't feel like driving a clutch so he takes mine and yep gasless!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooodles!

PPQ, I'm so bad at pushing myself when I feel like I can move again after an injury...it's so tempting. still sounding better which is grand.
                    Pauly, what a pain...agh. I think some people just enjoy being negative. it can be a kind of addiction for them.
                    continuing to learn the online biz here fast as i can. Going to have to at least get a part time job soon at this rate. lots of nice places nearby
                    which should be handy. Be really cool to work at a healthy place like sprouts or whole foods. hmmm.
                    Lav, entertaining kiddos this weekend? any cool new crafting projects going on?
                    I really want to stop vaping as it bugs me but I know I should be in a really good solid place first as it won't be easy or fun. another hmmmm....

Well, we are going up to Mt Charleston for sure tomorrow morn. been putting it off for weeks due to crazy changes/living arrangements etc but
                    it's finally time. Naturally girly is adamantly opposed to it as it's 'so boring'. oh boy....

and it's time to go crunch some numbers and see what my next step is on evaluating this biz thing.

be well loves!
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good afternoon all and how are we today? You're not going to believe this but it is 26 degrees here at the moment considering its supposed to rain that's not too bad there is not a cloud in the sky. The weekend is supposed to be very similar.Tomorrow I am out for a walk and then Sunday out detecting. And just to Crown it all that the snotty nose seems to have disappeared.... still got a bit of a cold but nothing like what it previously was so fingers crossed Im on the mend ...quite strange though I took an antihistamine tablet last night, and it seems to have made it all disappear so here we are the weekend again anyone got any plans?

Hi pppq and how are you today? Hope all is well with you and two night's good sleep? thats pretty good ..as for detecting no it's one of our other farms and farmer has already harvested I think it was sugar beet that's come out and there is also corn as well hope you have a brilliant weekend take care

Hiya Det How are you today ?hope all is well... yes my friend is getting better in actual fact they sent him home on Thursday apparently cured heart attack 3 days previously job done out you go. I don't think it's going to be easy for him, his wife is already made dietary plans haha. No the railway workers Arent on strike that's just how British workmen are 1 works 4 watch ..hope you have a great weekend my friend take care

Hiya lav how are you today? looks like you sent your heatwave over this way ha..just as well you went to see the cats otherwise they would be at 8 lives each. Yes I think you're right I think it's an allergy but I don't know what it is.We can get over the counter meds for allergies here the main one being Piriton which is absolutely brilliant but sends me to sleep even the non-drowsy type but hey new chairs who cares! hope you have a great weekend

Hiya pauly how are you today? hope all is well with you and you got a decent weekend lined-up. it's taking me quite a while to do the trains... probably 18 months now, that's from start up to where I am but they're doing pretty good still got a long way to go before I finish them in fact they will never be finished because all I will do is keep changing the scenery !!!Ive got hogwarts and the Rockies to do in the future ..take care

Right folks that's me, big shout out to all those not here but looking in take care have a great weekend

BOOK REVIEW, THE LADYBIRD BOOK OF THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR - YouTube
                      Last edited by Mick; August 23, 2019, 12:08 PM.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening folks,

Well we had a big rain last night, lots of lighting & all that woke up to a much nicer day. The temp never went out of the 60’s today, a damn sight better than the 90’s we’ve been having, yay!
                        Went back to my son’s house for one more cat feeding, returned his dog too, haha. They were home by mid-afternoon.

Det, I am deciding what to do for my next craft fair, early October. I have some cute Halloween bags stitched up for trick-or-treaters so far.
                        Nothing wrong with a PT job to keep you afloat until your biz gets going.
                        I just heard on the news today there has been 1 death attributed to vaping. PA & NJ have a number of adolescents in the hospital right now , some are on ventilators. I would ditch the vaping asap! I think it’s actually safer at this point to smoke

Pauly, make the kid cough up cash before you hand your car keys over, LOL

PQ, hope you had a good day & are taking care of your back & everything else

Mick, it’s officially ragweed season so if you’re sensitive you’re going to react. I’m using a generic version of Zyrtec & it helps a lot.
                        The cats were happy to see me again today, haha! I haven’t had a chance to look at the books you posted yesterday but I’ll get to them over the weekend. Enjoy your outdoor time without too much sneezing!!

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                        Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; August 23, 2019, 06:31 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav I would make him pay for the gas up front but I'm asleep when he takes it for his midnight food runs and wherever else he goes haha,I wonder about the vaping,if it's really bad or just the gripe of the day? Seems like they like to latch on to a new "cause" and find every single bad thing,who knows I know I use mine waaaay too much! Det,enjoy Mt.Charleston I haven't gone in years,just never in the mood really,PQ,hope you have a pain free day Mick,hope your day goes well,off to get some breakfast,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!!!!

Comment

And good afternoon all, from an absolutely boiling United Kingdom comma the temperature at this present moment is 29°. Supposed to be out detecting tomorrow and the weather is very very similar so that should be interesting shorts, hat, sun cream

Went for a walk this morning only a short one really .Julie has bought some new Walking pants and new shoes so they had to be tried out, quite a good walk, good scenery around two separate reservoirs....not the one that broke! that was at 8:30 this morning and even then it was pretty hot when we got back to the car had a brew and set off home, and the rest of today was just really been a busy doing nothing day. Tomorrow is an early start 5:45 leave

Hi lav how are you ?hope all is well. so the first death is attributed to vaping is it I'm sure that will spread its way across the pond and cause panic in fact you're right because no one knows the harm that it actually causes and half the world seems to be smoking drain pipes. Yes again last night and to put it on and felt great this morning so my guess is it is an allergy to something what having a clue

Hi Polly how are you today? Hope all is well with take care and have a great weekend

Hiya. How are you enjoy your climb today hope it's a good climb for you.

hiya ppqp ..hows you then ..tired?? get it ..?? the tire ? okok coats on ..Im gone..!I would give son a gentle reminder as to whose wheels they actually are .....

right folks have a good one x
                            Last edited by Mick; August 24, 2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...sounds like Mick is trying to catch up to your temps. Hope you had a good Saturday and enjoyed the heat.

Mick...did take a sec but got the tired joke and yes, here's your coat. You keep that head of yours covered tomorrow.

Quick post as I'm actually feeling up to hitting a mall today. Looking at getting in on some summer sales as winter is just around the corner. Have a good one all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends,

Not to brag or anything but it was a nice, cool day here, yay!
                                Son stopped by with the grandsons for a short visit. They had a truck load of stuff to add to our burn pile. When it all dries enough we’ll get the kids back over for a bon fire with marshmallows

Pauly, that news report was primarily about the severe lung damage vaping is causing in teens! Apparently they are especially susceptible to the chemicals in that stuff. I wouldn’t vape around the kids if I were you.....be safe.

Mick, sorry about the heat, ugh. I really did not enjoy much outdoor stuff this summer.
                                Yep, keep that head of yours covered - that’s an order

PQ, I hate going to a mall anymore. I hope you enjoyed yourself & found some good sales!

Hello to Det, Sam & anyone else stopping by.
                                Wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X