Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sunday 15th .

Good evening Abbers,

Yes, we can grow lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, etc in the fall provided it’s cooled off. Cool here today but the weekend is looking HOT. Not too awfully happy about that!
    We finally went to see our elderly friend today in her new assisted living facility. The place is great & she looks as good as I hoped. Her memory is pretty well shot but she knew us & had a nice visit.

Pauly, I could live very happy without 3/4 of the stuff I have - no kidding!! The older I get the less that stuff means to me anyway, honestly.

Mick, thanks, I love sunsets & that was a nice one
    Keep having fun & don’t crap out in the heat.

Det, you are one busy guy, good for you!
    Those community yard sales are actually interesting. Like you said, everyone hauls stuff out front & whatever is leftover they just leave out for trash pickup, Lol. Works for me! Last year YB took a bunch of plants that he grew in the greenhouse & sold them all.

Hello to Cyn, Sam & PQ. Hope everyone is doing OK.

Have a nice evening everyone.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I remember last winter that the bird population at our feeders had noticeably diminished. Just saw this article.....

A sweeping new study says a steep decline in bird abundance, including among common species, amounts to "an overlooked biodiversity crisis."
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morning all
        how's everybody doing, here it is downright chilly, 40's this morning, glad I shut the windows last night. hope everyone has a luverly weekend!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello all,

Good to see how everyone is doing! Things are chugging along here - I am getting my business started up again (though I will have to drive up to the NW corner to see my clients, but that will be a nice break - hoping I can take along the dog and stay over at my friend's house - the one that drove part way across the country with me - nothing like a road trip for bonding!!)

The beat goes on here - I estimate that we gave away or sold 8/10s of our belongings, but we are still in the give -away mode. Traveling is always a help... we can get by with next to nothing while traveling... why not always? I found a great solution for hubs' business books... a company called Origami makes foldable shelving that can either be horizontal or vertical - looks great and held nearly everything! I'll try to post some pics. I'm dealing with a lot of arthritis/fibromyalgia pain... must get back to eating my regimen of food again - that, and getting over jet lag...

Lav, I hope the sale went well - sorry about the heat this weekend... crazy!

Det, good luck with all things, you are one busy guy -

Pauly, there's a time to collect and a time to let go - don't stress about Stuff - just make sure what you have is only what you love!

Sam, I heard a report on NPR about our bird population... something like 70% reduced since the 70s?! Scary!! I found last winter to be spooky... so few birds...

Mick, great pictures!!! So glad you are getting r and r in such a beautiful place. I plan to find some good hikes close by - we are on the bluffs of the Hudson River, so I am hoping there are some challenging walks.

PPQ, xoxo

More of everything for me today. For some reason my appetite for life is lagging a bit - maybe that should be expected after all this craziness... trying not to let things get too heavy in my head...

Wishing all an excellent Friday...

Comment

Hiya all from sunny tenerife..firstly Lav gotta ask..you post..don't crap out in the heat. That was meant to mean don't flake out....not the literal translation ha ha
            Good job on the cauliflower and letti that's the plural of lettuces in my book
            Anyway enuff of the frivolity..we walked 20k this morning ..Julie's first it was good. . Along the sea front and thru a banana plantation we also saw a dog barking took a picture and yes it's alive... just tried to download pics on here and it wont let me
            Anyway tomorrow's a lazy day..... going in the sea swimming
            Last edited by Mick; September 20, 2019, 03:59 PM.
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Still cool today, tomorrow it gets hot, oh well.
              I found a 40% off sale going on at the paint store so guess who will be painting my kitchen & entrance hallway soon? Not me, haha!!!

Sam, I think all of the birds were at my feeder last winter, honestly. I can’t tell you how many 50 lb bags of birdseed we went thru. I have two bags waiting to begin this year’s feast for them . It’s been in the 40’s here too the last few mornings, nice!

Cyn, I’ll likely be spending a good portion of the day tomorrow hiding in my daughter’s house if it really gets hot. I am too much of a wimp to hang out in this excessive heat. Sounds like you are moving right along with everything, cool. Sorry about the pain level though. What we eat really matters. Hope you get back in control of that soon.

Mick, you are having a great trip, I’m happy for you. I am going to try to post your pics, hope it works

Ugh, sorry the photos won’t upload to the site

Waves to Det & PQ & Pauly.

Have a nice night everyone.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick glad you're having a fun time Lav,the entryway will look great all freshened up,I really need to get some cheap paint for my kitchen cuz it's looking dull,I just really don't like painting and I'm scared I'll start half then stop haha,PQ,hope you're ok,Det how was the concert? Did you go to Life Is Beautiful? Or the Alien concert? I can't do live music anymore, waaaay too triggery for me cuz that's all we used to do every weekend in my bad,bad days waves to Cyn and Sam(sounds like a singing duo!) Wishes for a great BF Saturday for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all tried downloading pics again ..nope been in the sea this morning lovely and then pigged out..hope every one ok
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Long but good day today! Got up at 6:30 AM & have been on the go ever since. We had fun at the community yard sale at my daughter’s house & sold lots of plants & locally grown gourds & those tiny little decorative corn tied together in a bunch. Walked around a bit to see other people were selling old tools, kids clothes & toys. I did not buy any of that, haha!

Pauly, I don’t mind painting once I actually get started. I just can’t do the high ceilings in this house so YB needs to be present to do that part. It always looks & feels so much nicer with a fresh coat Hope your day was good!

Mick, how cold was the water?? All of the news stations here are warning people to stay out of the water due to strong rip currents due to all of the tropical storms going on (far away). It hit 87 degrees today & tomorrow will be 90+. Glad you’re having fun

Hello to Cyn, Det & Sam.
                    PQ, I’d love to hear from you soon :hug:

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav

Here’s some of Mick’s pictures!!!!!

52E8603A-8125-4472-903D-2FBE753F8BB5.jpgD46D96D4-3D86-4F29-A828-56FE925AA863.jpgC295FEC1-78BB-48B8-B797-B85AC76B05A6.jpg
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                    X