October 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: October 20th

hiya all...how are we then?firstly ...that lorry found down Essex with the bodies in it ...irrespective of wht you think or your beliefs ..you have people escaping from a regime to better themselves being taken advantage of by greedy merciless scum ,fleecing them for in some cases their wordly possessions and putting them into debt for the promise of a new life .I dont usually go over the top and watch my language ...but in this case I hope they catch the murdering bastards and deny them the right of life .
    Instead of all the political bullshit...why dont the politicians unite in stamping out not only the trafficking ,but also the reasoning behind why they need to leave their homeland .
    In addition to that ..I got a speeding ticket today through the post..automatic camera on the motorway ..58mph in a 50 zone.. so the options are I guess £100 fine and 3 points on licence..or the possibility of a speed awareness course £90 classroom course and no point or fine ...guess what Im going for if I can

hiya tree hows you then?hope all is well ...did you get the veggies into hubby ? glad the jokes are ok .

hiya pauly ..no Essex is the other end of the country but its immaterial its a burden shared by all ..hows your day been?

hiya ppqp ...so you may be a knee Mick> thats a very small Irishman...ok ok coat has been got ..did a bit on the railway ...made a bridge etc ...Julie was at work so I used the food mixer to make papier mache clay ... took a wee while to claean all the print off it but its cool now!the rockwork is looking good..you take care

hiya Lav hows you then?hows the baseball ..? I did a bit of work in the garden ..its supposed to pour down as from tomorrow ..

big shout to everyone else .

Some sad, sad gits are letting off fireworks on our street and it's only the middle of October.
    Our poor dog is getting so frightened that he's having to hide under the Christmas tree.

Only four more Brexits until Brexit.

The face of a Medieval Scot with 'terrible teeth' has been painstakingly revealed from his 600-year-old skull using facial reconstruction technology.
    They could have saved a lot of time by just going to Dundee today. It's full of them.

Writing a Queen themed musical about Brexit.

It’s called Who Wants To Leave Forever.

The year is 2192.

The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

I inadvertently threw up into the lap of a sleeping tattooed 6’ 6” body-builder sitting next to me on a long haul flight. When the stench finally woke him he turned to me and I said, “There. Are you feeling a bit better now?”

I went past a shop in town today called Johns Framing Services.

I thought I'm keeping well away from there.

What do you call a duck addicted to drugs?

A quackhead

"Turkey Syria offensive: Trump orders Turkey sanctions to be lifted"

Amazing, the mainstream media used the word offensive in the same sentence as Trump without applying it to him.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...hope things continue with your grandson, maybe that's what he needed, to feel a part of something. Got the results of my blood work back and my hemoglobin is low but has been improving. When I was discharged on Oct 2nd it was 85, yesterday it was 112 and normal is 185. So the doctor figures I don't need iron that it'll continue to improve. I don't know, I'm still contemplating just getting some OTC iron pills. Any advice? I have been drinking a lot more water.

Pauly...I haven't had hamburger helper in ages, that's going on the list. Tonight I'm cooking up a couple of steaks, think I need some quality red meat. LOL And that is why I don't discuss politics with family, they'd all be dead. LOL

TG...yup I do need to slow down, so I took the afternoon off. LOL I'm ok in the morning but fade fast, so will pay attention to that. Crepes sound delicious, something else to add to my list.

Mick...I just can't imagine a life I would need to escape from just to survive. I am so lucky to have been born in Canada. I hope they catch the bastards and end them as well. So you'll be sharpening your pencil eh? Is that the Irish coming out? Glad you were able to get all the print off the food mixer, don't know how that would have gone over with Julie.

Was supposed to have a Community Garden meeting tonight but I decided it would just be too much. They can handle it on their own. Hope everyone has a good night....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Baseball was rescheduled for this evening, so we just got back. It was fun watching the little ones play, they’re learning the game. My hands were half frozen though, the temp dropped to 46 degrees. The kids didn’t seem to mind
        Tomorrow morning we will be at our granddaughter’s school for grandparents day fun!

Pauly, I mentioned kidney disease because unexplained back pain is often the result of some kidney problem (infection or stones). Hope you’re feeling better now.

Cyn, my grandson apparently needs sports in his life & that’s OK. He started soccer yesterday & will be finishing up fall baseball on Saturday. He does seem happier, hope it lasts.
        Glad your soup was good, love soup . Don’t know if I mentioned but yB has been using CBD oil on his arthritic wrists with great results. Just a few drops massaged in does the trick. I have found trying to get men to eat healthier is like trying to bleed a rock ~ not so easy, haha. Good luck with your efforts!

Mick, that’s really sad about the 30 people. Human trafficking is happening everywhere, good business for scumbags
        Sorry about your speeding citation, happens. Over here we have an EZ PASS system which allows you to drive thru a toll booth without stopping. The device that pays the tolls is attached to your windshield. One time I let YB use my car & I ended up getting a fine in the mail for an unpaid toll because he drove thru too fast & the camera didn’t register the device on my windshield. I made him pay the fine, Lol

PQ, you can always try an iron supplement for a short while, see if it helps. You need Vit C to absorb iron properly so keep that in mind. Actually, the liquid form of iron is easier on your system, just a few drops. Don’t overdo it though or you’ll have to deal with constipation. Glad you are looking out for yourself, take it easy!

Hello Det, Sam & anyone else looking in tonight.
        Have a nice night all!

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; October 23, 2019, 08:27 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good afternoon and how are we today then ? hope all is well... it has just started to pour down with rain, just as Bonnie found a way to get into the plants so I've just had to chase all over the place and I'm soaked to the skin in while she sits and dries in the conservatory. apart from that Just Another Day in Paradise.... so let's have a brew and carry on

hiya ppqp how are you today? so you have a low hemoglobin ?as for improving your iron get some spinach girl haha and no I don't mean a Popeye invitation!! drinking water won't do you any harm either take care

Hi lav how are you doing? did you enjoy the baseball? 46 degrees! that's the middle of summer .I saw your picture on FB of the polytunnel .looks quite good with plenty of things grown over it... loofahs as you call them. Have a good day

hi everyone else whatever you are, I hope you're enjoying life today in its sober state take it easy and have a good one

A few years ago, the Sierra Club and the United States Forest Service were presenting an alternative to Wyoming ranchers for controlling the coyote population.

It seemed that, after years of the ranchers using the tried and true methods of shooting and/or trapping the predators, the tree-huggers had a "more humane" solution. What they proposed was for the animals to be captured alive, the males castrated, then let loose again...and thus the population would be controlled. This was ACTUALLY proposed to the Wyoming Wool and Sheep Grower's association by Sierra Club and USFS.

Well, all the ranchers thought about this amazing idea for a couple of minutes. Finally, an old boy in the back stood up, kicked his hat back and said, "Son, I don't think you understand the problem." These coyotes ain't fckin' our sheep....they're eatin' 'em".

and a pretty appropriate one.......

A man was speeding down the highway, feeling secure in a gaggle of cars all traveling at the same speed. However, as they passed a speed trap, he got nailed with an infrared speed detector and was pulled over.

The officer handed him the citation, received his signature and was about to walk away when the man asked, "Officer, I know I was speeding, but I don't think it's fair - there were plenty of other cars around me who were going just as fast, so why did *I* get the ticket?"

"Ever go fishing?" the policeman suddenly asked the man.

"Ummm, yeah..." the startled man replied.

The officer grinned and added, "Ever catch *all* the fish?"

3 women: one engaged, one married, and one a mistress, are chatting about their relationships and decide to amaze their men....

That night, all three will wear a leather bodice S &M style, stilettoes and a mask over their eyes .

After a few days they meet again.....

The engaged girlfriend: 'the other night, when my boy friend came back home, he found me with the leather bodice, 12 cm stilettoes and mask. As he saw me he said: 'you are the woman of my life, I love you'...then we made l*ve all night long

The mistress: Ah! me too, the other night I met my lover in the office and I was wearing the leather bodice, mega stilettoes, the mask over my eyes and a raincoat, when I opened the raincoat... he did not say anything.....but we had wild sex all night

The married one: 'the other night I sent the kids to stay at my mother's for the night, I got myself ready: leather bodice, super stilettoes and mask over my eyes....my husband comes back from work, opens the door and says:

'Hi Batman, what's for dinner'?

This lady wanted bigger breasts, so she went to her doctor to get a referral to a plastic surgeon. Her doctor says he would like her to try an exercise before surgery or drugs, see how it works first. He stands up to demonstrate, holds his arms straight out to the side, rotates them counterclockwise, and says, "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if I do this enough, I'll have a big bust." She tries it, the doctor tells her to do that as often as she can, and come back in a week.

One week later, she's back at the doctor, and tells him that it didn't work. The doctor asks her how often she did the exercise, she says 4-5 times a day. The doctor tells her to do it more, 30 times a day at least, and asks her to come back in another week. She tries this, performing the exercise whenever she can.

One day, as she waited to check out at Safeway, she started her exercise. "Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if I do this enough, I'll have a big bust."

The man in front of her turns around, asks if she sees Dr. Johnson.

"Yes, how did you know?" she replies.

The man faces her, places both hands on his hips, moves his hips in a circular motion, and says, "Hickory dickory dock......."

Two Irish brothers Mick and Paddy have made a promise to their uncle. They had an Uncle Seamus who was a seafaring gent all his life and before he passed away, he made the boys promise to bury him at sea.

Of course he did pass away and the "boys" remembered to keep their promise.

So off they set with Uncle Seamus all stitched up in a burial bag and loaded onto their rowing boat. After a while Mick says, "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out, Paddy"?

Without a word Paddy slips over the side only to be standing in water up to his knees. "Dis'll never do Mick, let's row some more".

After a bit more rowing Paddy slips over the side again but the water is only up to his belly, so on they row.

Again Mick asks Paddy, "Do yer tink dis is fer enuff out Paddy"? Once again Paddy slips over the side and almost immediately says, "No dis'll neva do". The water was only up to his chest.

So on they row and row and row when finally Paddy slips over the side and disappears!

Quite a bit of time goes by and poor Mick is really getting himself into a state when suddenly Paddy breaks the surface gasping for breath.

"Well is it deep enuff yet, Paddy"?

"Aye it tis! Can yer hand me da shovel".

Hollywood Squares

If you remember the Original Hollywood Squares and its comics. These questions and answers are from the days when "Hollywood? Squares"game show responses were spontaneous, not scripted, as they are now.

Peter Marshall was the host asking the questions.

Q. Do female frogs croak?

A. Paul Lynde: If you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q. If you're going to make a parachute jump, at least how high should you be??

A. Charley Weaver aka Clifford Arquette : Three days of steady drinking should do it.

Q. True or False, a pea can last as long as 5,000 years.

A.? George Gobel: Boy, it sure seems that way sometimes.

Q. You've been having trouble going to sleep. Are you probably a man or a woman?

A. Don Knotts: That's what's been keeping me awake.

Q. According to Cosmopolitan, if you meet a stranger at a party and you think that he is attractive, is it okay to come out and ask him if he's married?

A. Rose Marie: No; wait until morning

Q. Which of your five senses tends to diminish as you get older?

A. Charley Weaver: My sense of decency.

Q.? In Hawaiian, does it take more than three words to say "I Love You"??

A.? Vincent Price : No, you can say it with a pineapple and a twenty.

Q. What are "Do It," "I Can? Help," and "I Can't Get Enough"?

A. George Gobel: I don't know, but it's coming from the next apartment.

Q. As you grow older, do you tend to gesture more or less with your hands while talking?

A. Rose Marie : You ask me one more growing old question Peter, and I'll give you a gesture you'll never forget.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?

A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

Q. Charley, you've just decided to grow strawberries. Are you going to get any during the first year?

A. Charley Weaver: Of course not, I'm too busy growing strawberries.

Q. In bowling, what's a perfect score?

A. Rose Marie: Ralph, the pin boy.

Q.? It is considered in bad taste to discuss two subjects at nudist camps.? One is politics, what is the other?

A. Paul Lynde: Tape measures.

Q. During a tornado, are you safer in the bedroom or in the closet??

A. Rose Marie : Unfortunately Peter, I'm always safe in the bedroom.< FONT color=navy>

Q. Can boys join the Camp Fire Girls?

A. Marty Allen : Only after lights out.

Q. When you pat a dog on its? Head he will wag his tail. What will a goose do??

A. Paul Lynde : Make him bark?

Q. If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to??

A. Paul Lynde: Whatever it is, it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q. According to Ann Landers, is there anything wrong with getting into the habit of kissing a lot of people??

A. Charley Weaver: It got me out of the army.

Q.? It is the most abused and neglected part of your body, what is it??

A.? Paul Lynde : Mine may be abused, but it certainly isn't neglected.

Q. Back in the old days, when Great Grandpa put horseradish on his head, what was he trying to do?

A.George Gobel:?? Get it in his mouth.

Here are some pics of the new loco and the new bridge and rock faces in the making I'm pleased with the rock faces so far all mache and expanding foam

20191024_170307.jpg

20191024_170404.jpg

20191024_170546.jpg

20191024_170617.jpg
          Last edited by Mick; October 24, 2019, 02:31 PM.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...so just living the dream are you? LOL Trust Bonnie to evade you as it starts to pour. You get yourself warm and perhaps a big bowl of soup for supper. Love the new engine and bridge and the rocks turned out really well. I just happen to love spinach, in any form, so have been eating a lot of that.

Lav...popped by the pharmacy today and picked up some iron supplements that the pharmacist recommended. They didn't contain any Vit C so picked some of that up too. Will start tomorrow and see how it goes.

Managed to put in a full day, must have been that steak I had for supper last night. LOL Have a great night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

We got to enjoy a morning in our granddaughter’s classroom, it was lots of fun! You should see these 8 yr olds on their iPads putting presentations together, oh my!!!! Smart kids!
              We also got to have lunch with our daughter so that was nice.

PQ, glad you’re feeling a little more energetic today.
              Go easy with the iron supp, you don’t even have to take it every day (maybe every other).
              Years of studying pharmacology (In nursing) set me up as the family go-to person when someone had a question or problem. I actually thought about going back to school at one point to be a pharmacist but couldn’t work out the $$ to pay for school. We have to have Vit C present to absorb iron just as we have to have Vit D present to absorb calcium. Any other questions - just give me a call, LOL

Mick, wow on your mountain building, nice job!!!
              No rain for us today but we will be getting a bunch Saturday night & Sunday. Hope you have completely dried off by now
              Here’s how the loofahs grow & are harvested: https://www.theartofdoingstuff.com/g...luffa-sponges/
              Try some next year just for fun.

Hello to Cyn & Det & anyone else popping in later.
              Have a nice night.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,glad your energy is improving Lav,the loofahs look cool,what a fun thing to grow,glad you had a nice time with your granddaughter and I loved the pics,took Lou to his school last night for their Halloween party,he said he didn't have fun but I know he did haha,just didn't feel like going cuz of my allergies but we made it thank goodness! It's weird cuz I checked the pollen count on my phone and they're all low so I dunno if it's just dust or what? Michelle and Brady are feeling it too so I'm sad they're suffering but relieved I'm not just going crazy haha,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday as Mick says!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Where’s everyone today?

Pauly, I saw your party pics, very cute. I wonder what Louie was expecting at the party?? Haha!! That kind of reminds me of my son, he never got overly excited about any school event. I think little girls are much more social & they can enjoy whatever is going on

Managed to put together a bean & ham soup in the IP that was actually low in sodium but still tasted good. I added a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes & 4 cloves of garlic for extra flavor, yay!
                  Interesting to go from a bag of dried beans to a pot of soup in 30 minutes
                  YB has been running amish folks all around today & now he’s gone out after dinner for another run. He has always been a workaholic & won’t change now.

Hello to Mick, PQ, Cyn, Det & everyone.

Have a good night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Going to go surfing around in the clouds to see if I can find Mick's post. I'm sure he must have posted one. LOL

Pauly...I'm glad you survived the school party even with your allergies. I'm glad you're not going crazy too. :hug:

Lav...early post for you, guess it helps when YB leaves the house after dinner. LOL Have never been one for bean and ham soup but I'm glad it was good for you. Started my iron supps today so will keep an eye on how that goes. Thanks for all the advice and yes I'll be calling you if I've got questions. LOL

Started the day off around 40F and temps hit 63F around noon. Then the chinook wind changed to the north and we dropped right back down to 40F. Wind warnings everywhere and apparently a lot of semi's turned over on the highways. It's just started snowing and the high tomorrow is only 30F, so I'm parked on the couch and not going anywhere. Have a nice night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all ...how are we ?good I hope .was going to post yesterday ,started it then got waylaid..so apologies ..you missed nothing in the political world ,same old same old, the poor souls murdered in that container continue to be identified and the cops seem to be throwing a few charges around.Fields at the back flooded ,rabbits bored ,but apart from that...oh and in the process of booking Chrimbo in the sun..out detecting tomorrow down Lincoln way its supposed to be sunny
                      ok then brew time

hiya ppqp..still paying with helicopters?plus snow ...you have the right idea ..park up and telly numb head on are you feeling better?

hiya Lav hows you then?hope all is well...not being ignorant or rude here ,but I didnt realise there was so much interaction between the amish and the english.wonder why they call them english..Id be insulted getting called that !!If you need any rain just yell we have a bit to spare.

hiya pauly hows you then? hope all is well was watching the 2 hairy Bikers programme on telly ..they have travelled route 66 ...and they stopped in Vegas.it looks great around the high roller and touristy bits there is a restaurant where they use cannabis in the food cooking ..these 2 ended up off their faces.

hope everyone else is ok

Someone suggested getting a stripper for my wife's 60th birthday. What a fantastic idea that turned out to be.

She only has the paper to hang now.

I have my drug dealer on speed dial.

I went past one of the hippy environmentalist rallies the other day, and they were demanding 'cleaner air'.

At least I think that's what they were shouting - I didn't want to get too close to their stench of b.o and weed.

"Where is your air line mate?" I asked the attendant in a petrol station

"Airline, we ain't even got a fcking bus station" he replied

"You're boring," I said, "You're not nice at all, you don't make me happy and I don't want to see you ever again."

I fcking hate salad.

When I visited Liverpool I was greeted with overwhelming friendliness, I was sat down, given tea and biscuits, waited on hand and foot. I told the staff how marvelous they were and deserved credit for making strangers feel welcome,

"Oh, think nothing of it, " said the manager, "it's not very often we get people visiting us here in the job center. "

I got a call at the bakery; this lady said she wanted to order a Birthday cake with "I Suck" written on it.

I thought the request was a bit odd, but you never know these days so I baked it.

Anyway, she was absolutely livid when she picked it up on the day of the party, and so was her son, Issac.

This afternoon I made, what is hopefully a welcome discovery. I inadvertently burned about 2100 calories whilst slumped in the couch....I forgot to take the two portions of fish and chips out of the oven.

I don't care what anyone else says, I think the joker is marvelous.
                      I'll certainly be voting for him at the next election.

I hate acronyms tbh

Comment

Mae everybody,yea Mick I think Vegas is a fun place to visit but living here I just don't know anymore,I have a love/hate relationship with it I guess haha,I'll skip the weed restaurant that's one feeling that I do not enjoy yikes!Lav being a pharmacist would probably have been a bit easier than being a nurse,better hours too but oh well, maybe one of the grands will go in that direction PQ, dunno what's on the menu for tonight, getting burnt out on the same old foods but trying different stuff is dicey too,made chicken and vegetable soup but threw rice in instead of noodles and Brady looked at me like I was nuts! They're used to the usual,much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick..."park up and telly numb head on" LOL Love that! And that's exactly what I'm doing. It's freezing out there! Continuing to improve every day and am taking it easy. Good luck with detecting tomorrow.

Pauly...I like to visit Vegas but I really don't think I could live there. I'm sure there's a whole life outside of the strip but I'd always be drawn to it. I too am getting burnt out on the same old foods, perhaps it's time for hamburger helper. It would be the perfect meal with this weather.

Shout out to the rest of the gang and I'll pop back a little later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Lav,just curious if you take magnesium supplements?

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Had a few drops of rain & it stopped. I know we are supposed to get like an inch by tomorrow night so I guess it will start up later.

PQ, glad you are doing well. Your weather has the ability to turn on a dime, geez! Stay inside, you don’t want to deal with that.
                              Hope the iron supp gives you some energy, usually does

Mick, so where is Christmas going to be this year? I could use some help making perogies, haha! Actually my granddaughter was a huge help last year. Some day soon I’ll just sit back & let her do the whole job, haha!
                              Good luck detecting in the sunshine tomorrow

Pauly, I would take a magnesium supplement if I could but I am one of those who cannot (disrupts my GI tract like you wouldn’t believe). I have a big spray bottle of mag oil that I apply on any achy spot & it gives me instant relief. I tend to have lower back/left hip area pain at the end of the day so I apply it there before bedtime, works like a charm. I got it on Amazon & will give you the name of it if yuo are interested. Tonight’s dinner was simple - a cut up chicken in the middle of a big roasting dish, a pound or so of green beans on one side & a bunch of halved small potatoes on the other. Topped it with a little olive oil, salt & pepper & a ton of herbs de Provence. Baked it at 350 degrees for 50 minutes & it was perfect!!!

Hello to Cyn & Det - busy folks!

I have to go stumble around in the dark & close up the girls for the night, Lol
                              Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Happy Sat ABeroooos!

oh my, good things going on and I'm so freaking busy, thankfully it's 90% great stuff. whew!

Lav, thumbs up on the garlicky soup...yummo. glad the girls had fun.

Pauly, I'm in the same boat, this is supposed to be low allergy time of year but my lungs are filling with liquid when I lay down and I'm
                                coughing badly sometimes. ack! I don't get it. Vegas is much better now that I'm in the far SW part of town where it's quiet, clean and nice.
                                I'm sure living anywhere near the strip would take a certain mentality I don't possess.

Mick, any treasures detected lately?

PPQ, feeling ok?

so glad that my reviews came back from the first two properties I photo'd and they were raves. yay! finally feel like I'm in the right place
                                doing the right things.

Tonight Darlene and i are dressing up silly in 'cyber-goth' fashion and going to a halloween bash at a dance club we enjoy. will be a late one for
                                Mr Yawny... time for a cuppa I'd say.

enjoy the rest of your weekends and of course... be well loves
                                nosce te ipsum
                                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                                X