Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remembrance Sunday

MAE ALL...

Mick...nice to see an early morning post again. Love your comments on the boss, wonder how many of the committee play cards. LOL Despite the analogy your points are bang on so I'll be using them. Only woke up twice last night so that's an improvement. Will check back in after work....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,brrr Mick sounds miserable over there! Too cold for me,PQ,hope everything goes ok,sounds like alot going on,Lav,I dunno why they hafta televise all this it's over my head anyways and like PQ id rather just see the highlights on the news,I doubt anything will come out of it anyways,nice of you to put the space heater out for the poor chickens very strong drink pull thoughts yesterday,I'm not sure what's going on but it's bullshit and I need it to pass! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ahoy ABerooooos and assorted bunnies!!

oh my, redonkulously busy but keeping my head up here happy to say. Pauly, the most important thing you have already done, which is to
        acknowledge the experience of craving and be aware of it. Stare that bastard down while it slowly scampers away.

photo jobs racking up, yay! take girly to lacrosse 2x per week, Refuge Recover 2X per week, try to squeeze gym in where I can and cooking breakfast
        and dinners every day and shopping...wow. Learning loads of new techniques/software on top of that and studying for my drone license. Maybe I need
        a new hobby? hahahahhaa....thud. Thankfully got some sleep last night which is grand. PPQ you aren't alone in the troubled sleep department. it just seems
        to go in odd unpredictable cycles for me.
        shouts to Lav, Tree, Mick, Sam? visitors?
        must check on the oven and do some photo editing.. zoom zoom.

be well loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Sounds like we’re doing pretty well in this group

Pauly, the thoughts come but your job is to chase them away. There is NO logical reason/excuse to pick up another drink. Right?
          I enjoy watching the televised hearings, I’m just weird that way. I like seeing Republican senators trying like hell to twist a truthful fact into something unrecognizable, haha! It’s an idiot show, a true shitshow, LOL

PQ, yep it’s cold, down in the 20’s again tonight. We are breaking records here whether we want to or not!
          I think you absolutely should give an honest review of the boss. He should get exactly what he deserves, nothing more.
          I guess the young lady trooper will be a little more careful in the future about pulling someone over.......especially if they haven’t actually broken any laws, haha!

Det, glad you reported in, I was getting a touch concerned. Sounds like you have all the irons in the fire fella - Good for YOU!!!!
          Take care of yourself in the meantime, OK?

Hello to Cyn. I imagine you are feeling super frosty in your location. How’s the pup handling it?

I need to get in touch with a few people who ordered embroidered stuff from me last weekend. It’s done & ready to go.
          Wishing everyone a decent night & don’t forget - the full moon has been screwing with everyone’s sleep this week.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....back from work and for some reason it felt like a Friday all day. Must remember to go to work tomorrow. LOL

Pauly...been awhile since you had drinking thoughts, good job on acknowledging it and surfing the wave. It will pass. :welldone:

Det...good to see your post and I figured that was the case, busy with your hectic new life. Sounds like you've got it covered. Drone license?? What fun and think of all the new photo's you'll be able to take. Glad to see rescue recovery and the gym in your weekly chores and I'm sure everyone is glad you're doing the cooking.

Lav...I think there'll be many more records broken all over the place with this climate change. Governments, including our provincial one, have got to get serious about it. I've been trying to book my bone density test and want to schedule when it's nice out. Good weather coming this weekend and then colder and possible snow next week. Guess I just have to bite the bullet and book it. LOL I agree that I need to give an honest and thorough review of the boss. I just need to remember that this is about me and how his actions/non-actions affect my job. I'm meeting up with the retired Director of Childcare tomorrow and she's going to help me figure out how and what to include in my write up.

I doubled up on my iron pills today and I actually have some energy left so am making chicken, potatoes, gravy and carrots for supper tonight. Must get at it....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all -

Hello from the frosty east coast! I have been putting in long days with clients this week, plus trying to get the final 'extra' boxes out the door. No long trips this weeek, thank goodness. I am trying to get my pup used to going to a day care place, since he seems lonely and I can't take him with me in the car when it is so cold... the tryout yesterday didn't go so well - he was agitated and crying at first - they called me, it I was already with a client, so he had to tough it out. He seemed OK by the time I got there, but I hope I haven't ruined him for another visit... I guess I pushed the envelope too hard, sigh.

I am also putting in extra hours here at the apartment cleaning and washing clothes repeatedly... there is some "no-see-umm" that are biting me. Not the dog, not hubs, just me, and I am covered with bites that are tremendously itchy and don't heal or go away. So, this is taking up hours each day. I will be spraying walls and floors with a cedar oil mix today, and washing clothes in it as well. I use a lint roller each night on all bed clothing and bed clothes, oyyyyyyyy! I think I might have some physical evidence to show an exterminator, so will call him today. Just what I needed, something feasting on me... seems likely that it is some kind of mite, hard to eradicate, but it must be done! The folly of being on the ground floor of a newly built apartment complex...

Lav and Mick, nice to hear that you have been keeping your animals safe and warm in this weather... a frostbit chicken comb, yes that sounds painful!!! Det, great to hear of your success - be careful what you wish for, right? Congrats. Pauly, great job urge surfing... it always come to and end, and you arrive in the bright day of happy presentness. PPQ, glad to hear you are sleeping better... so sorry about the neighbors, sheesh. Good luck with the eval.

Wishing all a beautiful Friday...

Comment

Mae everybody,Cyn I don't think I knew you even had a dog?!? Is it new? Sorry about the bites and hope it's not bedbugs I've heard they're awful to get rid of but if it were then hubs would have the bites too so I wonder what it is,keep us posted,PQ,I haven't had an urge that bad for months so I feel overwhelmed on how to make it stop,I made a recipe the other day that I think you'd like
                Shredded chicken
                Broccoli
                1 cup sour cream
                1 can cream of chicken
                1/2 cup mayo
                Sharp cheddar cheese
                Rice cook the rice and spread it in a baking sheet,mix the chicken with the creamy stuff and half the cheese spread it on the rice,put the blanched broccoli on that(I just used frozen but nuked it first) then top with the rest of the shredded cheese bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes oh it's so good we are the whole pan! I know Lav is shaking her head right now hahaha but it was good Lav,yea I see those politicians trying to rub a turd and make it look good but I'm just done with it all,Det you sound fab and I'm happy for you friend Mick,hope all is well in Micksville much love and wishes for a great BF Friday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

afternoon all how are we then today good I hope...Julie was off today .we were going to go for a trek over the moors but its started raining and blowing a gale .So what did we do instead?Lazy afternoon .com..Sat and watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets .Def made a change !
                  ok lets have a brew..

hiya tree ..hows you apart from itching a bit?I remember years ago finding a hoover in a skip ..it was in great condition..I brought it home ..We had to get the house fumigated ..it had been used in a dog parlour .!!did I get some grief for that .what kind of pup have you got

Hi Paulyhow are you doing?good I hope..that looks a good recipe.all good here have a good weekend girl!

Hiya Det ..you good ?sounds like you are doing well mate Never in those dark days did you think you would be here did youYou have done real good my friend.

hiya ppqp...Julie was off today so it felt like a Saturday to me. Double iron tablets and chicken and carrots ? Jeezo ..a bionic roadrunner that can see in the dark ha ha ...have a good card game this aft.

hiya Lav how are you then today?good?you watching reality tv ....that isnt real..its a pile of crap.not one of them can lie straight in bed!!Mickey Mouse has got a Donald Trump watch!

right folks have a great weekend

Eager to impress my new vegan girlfriend I cooked her a "Mixed Grill" of aubergine, carrot, courgette, red onion and sweet potato.
                  "That was delicious," she sighed as she sat back. "You really have got the hang of cooking a good vegan meal."
                  "Yes," I beamed. "My secret is that I fry everything in bacon fat
                  Boris Johnson should change his name to Megatron after all he is leader of the Deceptions

I hired a Karate expert to attack me by surprise and make me sh.t myself.
                  I've already lost 2 Stone on the Cato diet.

A pirate walks into the doctors with a broken arm.

They told him to sling his hook.

A woman stopped me in the street and said, "Would you like to put your hand in your pocket for Children In Need."

I said, "Sure, I normally give money, but if you think it will help."

Jimmy Choo is 67 today.

I'd hate to be in his shoes.

For all we know..half the birds could be telling the other birds to shut the f.ck up?

Frozen 2 gets lukewarm reception

Global warming
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

OMG, Trump tweeting crap while the former Ukraine Ambassador was giving her testimony this morning - what a pea brained idiot he is
                    Witness intimidation is a serious offense so I guess that will just be added to the huge pile of Trump's crimes.

PQ, I guess it is hard to make plans when the weather is so changeable. Do you have to go far to get a DEXA scan done?
                    I hope today was good for you & you get to relax this weekend.

Pauly, I used to make a chicken & rice dish like that years ago, everyone loved it at the time. I can't cook like that anymore because we have to be lower sodium & dairy free. I have actually made dairy free soup concentrates (cream of celery, cream of mushroom) to use in place of the canned soups. You do what you have to do, haha!
                    Keep ignoring those drinking thoughts, don't let them take up residence in your head.

Cyn, sorry about the ?? infestation. I'm itching for you :hug: I sure hope you can get rid of whatever it is real soon.
                    Dropping your dog at daycare sounds a lot like dropping a kid at preschool. They put up a fuss the first few days but they settle down eventually & have fun.

Mick, nice to sit home & watch a movie once in a while.
                    I really hope the entire world gets an idea of the corrupt BS going on here. Trump needs to join the 6 others, formerly in his administration now in jail. I want to see the last of him ASAP!

Det, I hope you are still having tons of busy fun

Have a nice night everyone!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...:yay: It's the weekend! :yay:

TG...you stay safe and warm, I've been watching the weather forecast for the east coast brrr. I don't know anyone who has used a doggy daycare but I tend to agree with Lav. He was probably just having separation anxiety. LOL Just what you need, scrubbing down every inch of the new apartment and then washing every item of clothing and bedding. What a huge chore. Hope you get it sorted soon. Spending extra time on what I want to say to the board, especially since they put it in line with a whistle blower. I think now's the time to put all the cards on the table.

Pauly...has the urge dissipated yet? Think of this, you would normally post after you had given in but this time you're talking about it before acting on it. You've come a long way, keep it up. Your recipe sounds good I'll definitely be trying it out.

Mick...wish I was sitting there with you and Julie watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secret, sounds like heaven. I needed the double iron sups today dealing with a bride who's wedding is next weekend. Went to pull up the banquet sheet to familiarize myself with what's going on and it was blank! Checked for an estimate so I did have some idea what they were looking at doing. I emailed the boss to ask him a couple of questions and he called me to apologize for not updating the banquet sheet. He had a couple of questions he wanted me to ask her as we had to get the linen order out today! So as far as the rest of the questions she had I made the decisions and then emailed the boss to say this is what I agreed to. Deal with it. LOL Mickey Mouse has got a Donald Trump watch! :hahaha:

Lav...I couldn't believe it, I just saw the hearing/tweeting episodes on the news. No I don't have far to go for the scan it just happens to be at the bottom of a very steep hill. Other than working on my eval I plan on doing as little as possible. Might even watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, now that I've got that on the brain. LOL

The kids ordered pizza for supper and it's just arrived. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,just a quick hi from me this morning,have no mojo yet! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

hiya all how are we then? good I hope ...well guess what,,,bent down this morning and the ole back went ..cant get physio till monday ...so dosed up on ibos...heat cold and rest(ish ) I moved all my train stuff into the loft..moved the chest of drawers built a shelf table ..so now Julie has the dining room back

20191116_135735.jpg

20191116_135713.jpg

20191116_135711.jpg

and yes.... went to use the house phone in the hall...strangely enough it didnt work....can anyone guess why?

hiya Pauly ..no mojo?hopefully got it now ..

Hiya Lav ...does Donald want to go to a party with Prince Andrew?another can of worms..is the whole world going mad?yes it was good to sit and watch the telly yesterday wouldnt want to do it on a reg basis but def a change .have a great day

hiya ppqp.well did you watch Harry Potter ?last time I was in Florida ...I was on the Harry Potter train 9 times I think ..methinks next year will be a repeat .Julie couldnt believe I knew the reg no of the car in the film..7990 TD Boss ??? you having a laff ???ha ha have a great weekend .

A Labour MP has claimed that the party is standing in every constituency. If there are 650 constituencies & Labour is standing 631 candidates, can you work out which MP made this claim?

That labour party are such a bunch of tossers promising free broadband to all by 2030.

I waited till at least 9.15 last night and still nothing.

The European Union has started legal proceedings against the UK for not nominating a new commissioner.

After all we've done for them, the ungrateful bstards are going to throw us out.

The conservatives have pledged to plant 30 million trees a year by 2025.

The liberals have pledged to plant 60 million trees a year by 2025.

Labour has said they will get back to us once Diane Abbot has added the two together.

Just heard a Labour MP on Talk Radio saying if they get into power they will make Britain the World Leader in Offshore Wind....

Doesn't sound like much of a deterrent against a Nuclear Threat to me

Quasimodo irons his shirts on a wok.
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Guess what> The kitchen painting has begun, finally. YB got the entire ceiling done today while I washed up all the light fixtures (and cleaned up paint drips). Looks wonderful, can’t wait to get the walls done. You do realize that means he did not do any Amish driving jobs today
                            It’s cold & windy but it’s dry outside. Good time for the fireplace to get a work out.

PQ, I don’t envy you dealing with anxiety-ridden brides, oh boy. I used to do some embroidered items for brides but I got to the point where I just couldn’t deal with them anymore.
                            I think the country is getting a better idea of what an A$$ they put in the White House. Now if people would just do the right thing & get rid of him we can begin to heal. It’s going to take some time, especially with all the allies he’s blown off & insulted. Ugh!

Mick, you did all that work AFTER you hurt your back? Geez dude, take it easy. We’re not getting any younger you know.
                            So do you know how to run a new phone wire??? Ha ha!! Hope yuo feel better soon.

Hello to Cyn, I hope you are OK & the itching/biting has stopped.

Hello to Det & anyone else popping in later.

Have a nice night.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                            X