Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dec1

Good Humpday evening Abbers!

Chilly & a light rain here all afternoon, not nice but oh well.
    I have my grandsons underfoot tonight, such darlings, haha!!!!

PQ, glad you’re feeling brighter today.
    Sometimes I feel like life just dumps too much on you at once. It’s hard to find your balance & get your head up in fresh air. I’m not much of a praying person especially if I know there’s something I can proactively do to help myself. But other people will turn to prayer or some spiritual thing for help. Whatever it takes, right??

Pauly, I’m not holding my breath as far as my kids resolving their differences. I don’t actually see any movement at all. I’m tired of walking on eggshells if you know what i mean.
    So you need a friend for your guinea pig, hmm. How’s the puppy doing?

Cyn, that’s so cool you were able to trap the little buggers. I hope you get an answer soon.
    I think dealing with mood shifts this time of year is pretty common. I know the darkness gets on my nerves. I tend. To light the room I’m in to the max then deal with the electric bill later, Lol
    We never did get any snow from that storm system, not a single flake.

Hello to Det, hope you are well. Hello Mick, hope you are well too

Have a nice night everyone.
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG....thanks for the hug, I needed it today. Up yesterday but a bit down today. It's nice that you have a refuge I could just picture you sitting in the lobby. My refuge used to be my job. I hope the discovery of those little bugs is the answer to the biting. Of course then you have to figure out how to get rid of them.

Pauly...I haven't had zoodles in ages and of course the sauce is the star. LOL I think you should put off getting another guinea pig at least till after Xmas.

Lav...it was warm and sunny this morning and then turned to north winds and a rain/snow mix this afternoon. Just enough to cover everything in ice. I'm encouraged with the behavioral physiologist. I'm looking forward to starting cognitive behavioral therapy. I think it will help me with all different aspects of my life.

Mick...how did the motorway awareness course go? Is it just one day or will you have to go back?

Shout out to the rest of the gang. Have a good night all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all ...a bizzyday yesterday!!!!New boiler fitted and radiators too ...its a more powerful combi..so bangs out the heat and pressure much quicker.On top of that I had to go and do the motorway awareness driving course ..there were 25 of us on the course ...all budding speed crims.it was funny listening to some of them ..all the mitigation..I was only ,the speed limit suddenly changed etc ...for me? I was speeding I got caught end of .It was actually really interesting ,and there are a lot of things about a "smart"motorway that joe public doesnt know about that could raise driver awareness I find it strange that you have to commit an offence to learn about it all...then lo and behold on the way home .....yep a smash ...so half 7 I got in last night .

hiya ppqp ...how are you feeling today then?hope you are better ..why dont you think about a hobby ..and no I dont mean trains ..to immerse yourself in ?when do you start cbt .I hope it helps you . You have had a fair bit to deal with .

hiyaLav ..hows you ? hope all ok ...we have rain forecast ....and snow on Monday and Tuesday..I take it you didnt mean literally underfoot !!!

hi teegee glad you found them darn critturs..is that how you say it?yep arm is on the mend ..just need to not indulge in my being too clever .

right folks ...just recoverd it ..this went west!!!

took this pic first thing this morning.

20191205_074604.jpg
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Mick,glad the course went well! Are there always that many crashes in the UK? Sounds a little scary... wow what a pic, thx!

Lav, did you survive the boys? Glad that you didn’t have any snow - the semi- melting here has changed everything into an icy mess - the dog is not happy; hard on the feet...

Pauly, how is your new dog doing? I never had Guineas as pets, but they look
          cute! So sorry about your sleep the other night - have you found anything to help?

PPQ, Lav had a good point - you have been through so much. And continue to... sounds like this therapy could be a haven - so glad that you found a good person. Good luck!

Hello to Det and all else! Wishing all a good Thursday...

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick glad your course went good Cyn,that sleep was just a one off I guess,I usually take unisom and sleep thru the night, puppy is doing fine definitely mellowed out a bit,PQ,hope the therapy helps,the one guy I seen years ago got on my nerves so I quit going,he was too young and I dunno we just didn't hit it off I guess,I want answers on how to deal with things not him just asking dumb questions,Lav,too bad about the situation with the kids,oh well what can we do about it-nothing much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Chilly but dry here today. We did a big run around gathering things today including 250 lbs of chicken feed. Man can those birds eat, haha!!
              Also picked up a few gifts, yay.

PQ, I truly hope you had a better day today. I’m glad you’re looking forward & staying positive. Keep taking good care :hug:

Mick, that’s a beautiful picture!
              I used to enjoy the sunrises when I worked night shift because I knew I would soon be on m y way home
              Glad you enjoyed your class. I imagine we could all use a refresher at this point.

Cyn, I survived the boys but they can really cause a few tense moments, haha. Keeping them separated is vital!!!
              Hope the itchies are under control.

Pauly, no therapist is just going to hand out the answers. They ask questions to get you thinking about how you can do things ‘differently’.
              Just like being on this site, you learn new ways of handling old problems without AL. We get free therapy here

Hello to Det! Hello to Sam!

Have a nice night everyone.
              I have an eye doctor appointment tomorrow morning, yay.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...that was a busy day for you, look at all you accomplished. I once took a defensive driving course, to be able to drive company vehicles, and was amazed at what I learned. It should be taught in regular driving courses. Immersing myself in a hobby won't help with my thinking. I started CBT yesterday and am really looking forward to working through my thought process and changing it for the better. It will help in all aspects of my life. That pic looks like the sky is on fire.

TG...thanks for the support. Hope you get the bug results soon.

Pauly...yes you definitely have to have a good feeling about your therapist and I like mine.

Lav...I'll say those birds can eat! How many do you currently have? Is it a regular eye appointment? I have an appointment with my ophthalmologist in January, just a check up but he's also going to do a field test. My Dad had retinitis pigmentosa, loss of peripheral vision, and it's hereditary. No issues he just wants to keep an eye on it. LOL

Well it's off to face the music meeting with the boss at 11, if it actually happens. Would like to get it over with and move on. Have a great day all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,I hope it goes ok,keep us posted Lav,that's alot of feed! I'm kinda glad now I didn't get any chickens just cuz so much work I already have with these animals, guinea pig needs feeding, watering, cleaning,dogs need everything,tortoises keep me on my toes in the summer and I'm sooooo glad they're in hibernation right now! Mick hows the arm/shoulder? I thought of you last night when Michelles knee was acting up and remember Lav telling you to alternate hot/cold,Cyn,hope you have a nice day,I hope we all do much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

good afternoon all and how are we today then? hope all is well in the Madhouse. Very chilly over here again today it actually started Sleet snowing this morning feeling a bit pleased with my little self a friend of Julie's at work I was talking to Julie about someone she knew single parent with little boy and their television and gone wonky no upstairs in the spare room we have a 48-inch colour television with remote etc that never gets used not anymore we do we gave it away and apparently the little lad has not stopped watching it since that made me feel good just helping someone
                    Was going to go for a walk today over the moors but apart from being a nightmare in this weather it is also foolish
                    Hiya lav how are you today then hope all is well I
                    Loved nights too going off as the day shifts begin

Hiya ppqp you ok today then?hope so ...yep the course was interesting..you take care

Hiya pauly hope all is well .shoulder is tons better..not there yet by along way but def on the mend
                    How is Michelle's knee doing

I am trying to do this on my phone but with limited success every so often it decides it does not understand me and then at other times it just decided to stop

hello tree girl how are you today? Have you found out what the mites were yet or is it too soon what temperature is it is dealt with pretty quickly
                    Right folks that's me me apologies for this being a short one, but apart from just talking general rubbish not really a lot more to say so take care have a great weekend and stay sober

McDonalds Christmas 2019 Reindeer Advert - YouTube
                    Last edited by Mick; December 6, 2019, 06:21 PM.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends!

It’s still 46 degrees at 6 pm, not bad. It feels damp though so we may get some rain tonight.
                      Had a good visit with the eye doc, there was a slight change in my Rx so new glasses ordered. Otherwise there was no problems.

Well PQ, I hope the meeting went well. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
                      I hope you can get some real R&R this weekend

Pauly, we buy a lot of chicken feed at one time because the place we like is a little bit of a trip. We get the back of the truck filled up with feed bags then go a little farther north to a lunch spot we like. I have several tall metal trash cans with tight fitting lids in the chicken house where I store the feed (and try to keep the mice out of it, haha). I had 20 chickens all summer but lost one to old age early fall so I’m down to 19. I’m so used to having them I would feel weird without any birds, Lol

Mick, I meant to say good job getting 45 out of London so fast. He was actually mad/embarrassed that the others were making fun of him, haha!!!! What a dork!!!
                      Our House of Representatives is about to impeach him & he says they’ve lost their minds, LOL
                      Glad you decided to stay & not go walking in a frosty day. Keep taking care!

Cyn, how are you today?
                      Det, how about you?

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Me again...what a great day! No prog coord and no boss!! Felt like the good old days. LOL

Pauly...boss didn't come in today, he was dealing with a migraine. Starting to wonder if this meeting will ever take place.

Mick...glad you came to your senses and didn't go for foolish. What a nice gesture with the TV, I'm sure it made you feel good. I'm feeling really good and positive today.

Lav...I had been dreading this meeting all week but this morning I thought yup I did wrong and fully admit it, but you've (the boss) been aware of the situation for 10 months since the last blow up. We agreed that you'd work on detailing my job description and nothing has happened. So in a way I'm glad this has happened since I'm not getting any support at work I'm now getting outside support to deal with work issues. We had a warmish day 30F but are forecast for snow starting tomorrow and continuing through Sunday. I think I have to accept winter is here to stay.

I plan on having a relaxing weekend and I hope the rest of you do too.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ by the time the "meeting" takes place all this will probably be blown over anyways so don't stress too much,I just looked at the who's online thing and it said 96 viewing 2 members and 94 guests that can't be right? Wonder what they view and who the hell they are haha Mick glad the shoulder is better, Michelles been back to work building stages and did something to her knee but it seems a bit better now,Lav,I get it with the birds you'd feel naked without their presence they've been in your life for so long,Cyn any word on the critters you found? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

Mae all -

Mick, glad you didn't go out in the bad weather... and what a generous sweet gift to that little boy!

Lav, wow on the chicken feed - so nice that those girls have become part of the family - btw, how is your beagle doing? Are you swamped with orders for your gorgeous ornaments?

Pauly, that sounds like you have a mini-zoo at your house! Always busy, I'm sure. Glad to hear your sleep is pretty good normally...

PPQ, that approach sounds great - isn't it wonderful to have a roadmap into the territory of our emotions and mental reflexes? You go girl!

Hello Det and Sam, hope all is well --

Well, the insects turned out to be something other than what is biting me... but they are bugs that can come inside, and they can cause skin irritation, and the habitat outside the door is their favorite!! So, I will be putting out diatomaceous earth today while it is sunny and dry to try to move them away from the door and our patio... This last dose of ivermectin seems to be helping- at least the welts are receding, sigh. I need a magic wand! Maybe an energy-worker could come and raise the vibration there! I'm crossing fingers that all will work out soon.

Wishing all a good Saturday - may we be well!

Comment

hiya all ...how are we today then all good I hope ...A cold day today again ,Im out detecting tomorrow ..a place called Temple Bruer ,where the knights used to practice in days gone by .Its supposed to snow here on Monday.

Hiya tree girl...hows you then? good hopefully ..so the bugs arent the culprits?hope it is all worked out for you rapidly

hiya pauly hows things with you in this mad world today?hope you are well.glad Michelle is on the mend too.WAe get the birds too ..but the magpies and pigeons hog front stage.

hiya ppqp hows you then today? hope you are well,,,,as for the meeting ..in one dont stress over it ,your health is worth a lot more.Glad you said winter was there ...and not here!!!its weekend ..enjoy yourself

hiya Lav you ok?hope so..Iwatched the whole 45 saga ...he cant lie straight in bed! and then takes a sulk because people are talking about him..oh well our loss ..so sad too bad bye bye ..theres a world thats wrong and Donald is right ..We have our elections on thursday...

right folks have a good one

An Irishman goes into the confessional box after years of being away from the Church. There's a fully equipped bar with Guinness on tap. On the other wall is a dazzling array of the finest cigars and chocolates.

Then the priest comes in. "Father, forgive me, for it's been a very long time since I've been to confession, but I must first admit that the confessional box is much more inviting than it used to be".

The priest replies: "Get out. You're on my side".

Ten Thoughts to Ponder
                              Number 10
                              Life is sexually transmitted.

Number 9
                              Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Number 8
                              Men have two emotions: Hungry and Horny.
                              If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich .

Number 7
                              Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day,
                              teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

Number 6
                              Some people are like a Slinky ...
                              Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Number 5
                              Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals, dying of nothing.

Number 4
                              All of us could take a lesson from the weather.
                              It pays no attention to Criticism.

Number 3
                              Why does a slight tax increase cost you $200.00,
                              and a substantial tax cut saves you $30.00?

Number 2
                              In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
                              Now the world is Weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

And The Number 1 Thought For 2010
                              "Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers; What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

* Jesus is coming, everyone look busy.

* Born free... taxed to death.

* The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

* Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

* A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

* I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

* Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

* You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

* BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

* I need someone really bad... are you really bad?

* If, a two letter word for futility

* I don't care, I don't have to.

* I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

* When there's a will, I want to be in it!

* Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check?

* If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

* Time is the best teacher; Unfortunately it kills all its students!

* It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

* Reality? That's where the pizza delivery guy comes from!

* Forget about World Peace.....Visualize Using Your Turn Signal !

* Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

* Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

* I know what you're thinking, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

* Don't drink and drive, you might hit a bump and spill your drink.

* Elvis is dead, and I'm not feeling too good myself.

* We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

* A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.

* Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

* Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

* Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

* Beam me up Scotty, this planet sucks!

* Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

* Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.

* I souport publik edekasion

* hoket on foniks werked fur me

* Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

* 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

* Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

* Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... till you can find a rock.

* I like you, but I wouldn't want to see you working with subatomic particles.

* I killed a 6-pack just to watch it die.

* Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off.

The Efficiency Expert Concluded his Lecture With...

...a note of caution. 'You don't want to try these techniques at home'.

'Why not' asked someone from the back of the audience? 'I watched my wife's routine at breakfast for years', the expert explained.

'She made lots of trips to the refrigerator, stove, table and cabinets, often carrying just a single item at a time. 'Hon,' I suggested, 'Why don't you try carrying several things at once'?'

The voice from the back asked, 'Did it save time'?

The expert replied, 'Actually, yes. It used to take her 20 minutes to get breakfast ready. Now I do it in seven.

A guy goes to a doctor and says he has a problem with sex. "I think my penis is too small" he says.

The doctor asks him which drink he prefers. "Well, Lager" he replies quite bemused.

"Aaaahhh. There's your problem. It shrinks things those Lagers. You should try drinking Guinness. That makes things grow".

Two months later the chap returns to the doctor with a big smile on his face. He shakes the doctor by the hand and thanks him.

"I take it you now drink Guinness" asked the doc?

"No," replies the man "but I've got the wife on Lager"!

Three elderly gentlemen, Eddie, Jenkins and Martin men go to the doctor's for their memory test. It's a miracle they remembered the appointment!

Anyway, the doctor starts by asking "Eddie, what is five times five"?

"191", is Eddie's reply.

The doctor rolls his eyes and looks up at the ceiling, and says, " Jenkins it's your turn, what is five times five"?

"Wednesday", replies Jenkins.

The doctor shakes his head sadly, then asks the third man, "Okay Martin it's your turn. What's five times five"?

"Twenty five", says Martin.

"That's great Martin!" says the doctor. "How did you get your answer"?

"Easy", says Martin, "just subtract 191 from Wednesday".

It was a bitterly cold day on the Carnoustie golf course and Jimmy the caddy was expecting a large tip from his rich Scottish client. As they approached the clubhouse, Jimmy heard the words he was longing to hear, 'This is for a hot glass of whisky'.

So the caddy held out his hand and the Scottish client put a sugar cube in his palm.

Jane calls the doctor in a panic. "Doctor, doctor! My little Johnny swallowed a dozen aspirin. What should I do"?

The doctor asked Jane, "Are you sure it was a dozen"?

The frantic mother says, "Absolutely! Doctor, I'm scared to death"!

The doctor tells the mother, "Calm down. Is little Johnny crying"?

Jane says "No".

"Is he sleeping" asks the doctor?

"No" says Little Johnny's Mom.

The doctor goes on with routine questions, "Is his color funny"?

Again Jane says "No".

"Did your Little Johnny throw up" asks the methodical doctor?

"No" says the Little Johnny's worried Mom. "But I'm so scared. All that aspirin... shouldn't I do something"?

To which the doctor says, "Try giving him a headache".

Comment

Good evening friends!

Cold & cloudy here but dry, I hear we’re in for a big rain on Monday.
                                I have gathered ingredients so I can get a head start on Christmas cookies, haha!!

PQ, yesterday sounds like a gift for you. Glad you didn’t have to get stressed out over stuff that should have be attended to nearly a year ago.
                                I hope the snow isn’t too awful for you. Enjoy the weekend anyway

Pauly, every morning, after the coffee has brought me back to life I feed the dog then cut up an apple & some graham crackers to take out to the chickens. It’s my routine & I would miss it if I didn’t have them haha!!! I hope your daughter’s knee is OK, geez.

Cyn, sorry you didn’t get the report you were hoping for on the critters. The DE is good & safe to use. I use it in my chicken yard to make their dust baths. They keep themselves bug free
                                Have you been taking any prednisone for the itching welts? I really feel for you :hug:

Mick, I wish i could send my grandson detecting with you. I imagine you’re going to find lots of neat stuff. I just ordered some accessories to go with his detector for Christmas. He should be happy.
                                Trump made such a huge a$$ of himself in London you would think he would be hiding under a rock somewhere. Today he’s complaining that ‘low flush toilets’ (water saving toilets) make you flush 10-15 times to clean the bowl HA HA HA HA. What a moron!!!
                                I hope your elections bring about something positive.

Hello to Det & Sam.

Have a nice night all!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X