Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dec 8

MAE ALL...

Lav...work continued to stay sane and the prog coord isn't in next week so it should remain calm and quiet. No chance of any melting till probably August now! I agree about the ice, especially when you can't see it. Hope you're wrapping up all your craft sales and can relax and enjoy the holidays.

Pauly...nope you didn't miss anything, boss hasn't rescheduled the meeting and things have been really good between us. Typical, he just ignores things and hopes they'll go away. I'm ok with that now since I'm getting my own support and the CBT is really helping. I believe what goes around comes around and his work ethics will all come out soon. Glad you're getting some better sleep.

Mick...I am so amazed at the railway. I sure didn't expect this expertise when you started. Everything looks so real especially with the lighting. That was certainly worth the effort and time. And who knew you could do so much with paper mache!

Waves to Det, Sam and TG. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Damp around here but not nearly as bad as Mick has been getting.
      Warmer today & tomorrow too. Goofy weather!

Pauly, I am no morning person & I don’t even care anymore, haha!! I think I worked way too much 2nd & 3rd shift in my life, Lol
      As far as my DIL goes I feel she can just stay home like she has the past few years. The holidays can go on without her presence. She’s hurt so many people & has made no attempt to correct things.

Mick, it’s a shame there’s no such thing as smell-a-vision. My wet chickens are pretty stinky, haha!!
      I hope that rain lets up before you have to put your bunnies in life jackets!

PQ, I haven’t signed up for any craft sales this month. I’m feeling kinda tired. Hope your day was a good one.

Cyn, thinking about you too.

Det, a little busy are you?

Have a nice night everyone. I have cookie dough in the fridge that wants to be baked right now.

Lav
      Last edited by Lavande; December 13, 2019, 07:20 PM.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello all -

A flu bug has kept me kind of down and out the past few days... started the night of the full moon, and I still have a headache halo following me around... uuugh. Able to focus enough to type today!

Not much else to say here at the moment... working on all the end of year financial items, getting my invoices out so I can be paid before the end of the year, and getting ready to leave town tomorrow for 5 days. Tomorrow I'll be driving the dog up to a sitter in the area where we used to live... then coming back, packing and getting on a plane to CA... more on that tomorrow.

Just want to say thanks for everyone's posting, so good to hear what's going on.

Mick, I hope things dry out for you soon - that rain sounds terrible. Ditto PPQ - amazing what you are creating with the train!!!. Lav, I don't listen to the orange one, I just can't bear it... scary if he is inciting violence - just what we need more of. PPQ, so glad to hear that your CBT is helping, it sounds like something we could all get into! Pauly, hope your sleep keeps improving. Sam, glad to hear you are mending. Det, good luck keeping up with everything! (Nice job on the boots!)

Will try to post more tonight when this headache moves off for awhile. Right now hopping in the car to drive 15 miles away to get the next dose of my anti-itch pills - but at least someone had them!! More soon...

May we be well --

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,I was hoping the work situation would just blow over and it sounds like it did Lav,well as long as you get to see the boys for Christmas and your granddaughter of course then all will be good,Mick,has the rain let up any? I see that Boris guy won,I have no clue what Brexit is about but it does remind me of our situation with "the wall" over here,I took Lou to school yesterday and a young black lady got her car barely tapped by another and got out and started yelling that dam Mexicans need to go back to Mexico and he's a fucken "wetback" ugh I just covered Lou's ears and kept walking,I don't want him to hear that stuff about his race and ever be ashamed to be who he is! I grew up hating being Indian because of racist words from classmates in my small hometown, people can be assholes! But then there's the uplifting people too,we were in the Starbucks drive thru and got to the window to pay and the guy said the car that had just left paid for our orders! That was very nice of them and I need to pay it forward too when I have an extra few bucks, anyhoo much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Cyn,hope you feel better soon
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all ..how are we today?good I hope .the rain has calmed down today though it started to snow in oldham,,,cracked me up ,,it is 2 degrees blowing a hooley and snowing and yet there are still folk sitting out on the street in cafes outside as if they were in its fkn boiling land!!
              hiya ppqp ...hows you then today ?good I hope.and the boss has ostrich syndrome?as you say what goes round comes around.have a good weekend

hiya teegee ,hows you ?did you get your pills ok?I enjoy playing with the railway ,but tbh I really enjoy doing the scenery .do you never stop travlin?

hiya pauly ....rain has stopped ..secondly ..never ever be embarrassed who you are or where you come from .these assholes that think they are the top dogs..well actually they entered the world the same way as us ..and they will go out the same way with as much as us too.that was nice of the car in front of you paying.

hiya Lav ...hows you then?all good I hope.did you bake the cookie dough?Is it like the cookie dough Hersheys have?yum yum..you have a good weekend ..

"May I help you, sir?"

"I bought some fish and a tank but they all died. I'd like a refund."

"I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know why they died?"

"I read up online and it turns out you sold me the tank without water."

"Pooh," said Piglet. "There's something I've always wanted to ask you."
              "Ask away, dear Piglet," said Pooh.
              "Pooh," said Piglet," do you really shit in the woods?"

One day in Pyongyang, Kim Jong-Un consulted a magic mirror in his office.

"Magic mirror on the wall, who is the biggest bstard of them all?"

The mirror replied, "You, Supreme Leader, are the biggest bstard of them all."

Kim Jong-Un was so delighted, he had 1,000 prisoners put to death at short notice.

Next day, he asked the same question; again, the mirror replied, "You, oh Great Leader, are still the biggest bstard of them all."

Kim Jong-Un was again pleased, this time ordering a "warning" missile strike over Japan.

Next day however, Kim Jong-Un was nowhere to be seen. His advisors searched all morning until they found him shaking and crying under his desk.

"Dear Leader, what is wrong?" asked one of his advisors.

Tearfully, Kim Jong-Un snivelled, "Who's Boris Johnson?"

Came home to find all my doors had been smashed in and everything was gone.

What sort of sick git does that to someone's advent calendar?
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings all Abbers,

Such a weird day. Started with heavy fog then the sun came out & later it started raining. Confusing & annoying all at the same time haha!!
                Visited an Amish greenhouse today to buy some greenery. They do nice work & it’s quite reasonable.
                Expecting an Amazon delivery tomorrow & that should officially finish the shopping season, yay!
                We have the tree siting in the garage in a bucket of water still. I really don’t want to bring it in too soon & have it dry out. ‘
                Not much else going on here & that’s just as well.

Cyn. Sorry to hear you are sick. I really hope you feel better quickly & before your long trip to the west coast!
                Take care & we’ll be thinking of you :hug:

Pauly, people really can be assholes sometimes. The only way to move people out of that small minded thinking is by education! WE truly are more alike than we are different.
                My grandsons go to school with lots of Mexican kids. They are in scouts together & there’s never any problems that I know of. The families settled here primarily to work on the farms but they have really expanded & blended into the community. There are several Mexican owned stores, eateries & all kinds of businesses. Diversity is a good thing for a community.
                Sorry you & Louie have to deal with that nastiness.

PQ, how are you today? How about you Det?

Have a good night everyone!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy unhung Monday ABerooodles!!

Photo snapping, gourmet food slinging, gun-toting, meditating, garlic-breath Buddhist dude at your service no wondering i have no political party.

good to see all your smiling faces as always. Tree, glad you're feeling somewhat better...keep it up!

things have been crazy as always but also exciting and fun. we zipped up to Mt Charleston on Sat and got girly into the snow for her first ever snow fun day!
                  now she wants to go skiing right away...ack! I've created a monster.

tonight I'll be doing some of my wacky experimental nighttime city-scape photos from the top of a parking garage downtown and trying not to freeze my fingers
                  off whilst doing so. should be interesting.

Mick, those train pics are amazingly cool!

really enjoying some Sam Harris podcasts, especially the mind-bending one with Donald Hoffman.

learning video and photo technique as always and dorking around with a new tripod head this morn. work is suddenly quite slow
                  due to holidays but Jan should be bonkers...

cheese news: The World’s Best Cheese? It’s Blue and Comes From Oregon - The New York Times
                  I just got a small wedge last night and have yet to try it. must find the perfect moment LOL

and a lovely ornament from my dear one if I didn't post it already:

pic* Shared album - Xring007 - Google Photos

off to the races... and more coffee

be well loves!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X