22 dec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22 dec

Merry Christmas my abbin' friends! Lav the doll sounds adorable! PQ, hope you have a wonderful day, Cyn, stockings aren't mandatory enjoy your gifts, Mick glad you're having fun exploring, Sam, always nice to see you caught a dang Chrimbo cold so last night was a bit boring, I couldn't muster the energy to do much and I just felt like crying, did watch the boys and kids open a couple of presents so at least there's that, I'll try to make today better, just feel sad cuz I almost love Christmas Eve more than real Christmas ya know? Meh, much love to all and wishes for a great BF day for us all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Merry Christmas to you all. Cloudy over here but I can handle that!!!hope every one is doing good
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Merry Christmas Abbers,

Had a nice day, son & his family just left. I even ended up have my DIL’s parents here, hahha!!
        Kids were happy, everyone left full & satisfied I think. Not terribly cold either which was nice!

Sam, are you sick again? Geez, that’s a shame. Hope you feel better very soon!

Cyn, sounds like you are having a quiet & sane holiday, good for you

Pauly, sorry you are sick too. Get yourself some Vit C & kill that virus. Hope the kids are all happy.

Mick, a cloudy day is good for a movie or museum trip - just sayin

PQ, you still have nicer weather I hope?

Det, hope your day was good as well.

Putting my tired feet up for a while. Have a nice night all!

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; December 26, 2019, 07:05 PM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav glad you had a fun Christmas Eve and Christmas, it is alot of work but it's great to see everyone happy Sam, hope that flu kicks rocks soon! How annoying! Mick I'm sure you're out hiking somewhere today, have fun, PQ, hope all is well with you, Cyn, how was your holiday? Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...is it a work day for you? Regardless hope your day is good.

Lav...nice weather continues what a nice change.

Sam...hope you returned that flu on boxing day.

TG...sometimes it's nice just to have a quiet Christmas. I know I appreciate it.

Det...hope you had a great Christmas.

Mick...we're all with you on this trip.

Have a great day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all how are we today...boxing day...the start of the turkeys left over meal season..been pretty windy here today but warm..went for a little..only 4 miles this one ..nice little villageIMG-20191226-WA0001.jpg
              Hope we are all well today...remember those crappy hangovers years ago? No more thank you..take care all
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

So glad to hear all the Xmas stories.... though poor Pauly, sorry you did not feel good - take some time to yourself!

Lav, holy cow, you had a second big feast? And DIL's parents? My my! You deserve a medal - I hope that you had some clean-up help at least.

Mick, hope it is warm even without the sun... and then there's the sea, always worth looking at!

PPQ, all well with you? Also a quiet holiday?

Sam and Det, cheers for the second day of Christmas (out of 12!)

Yesterday I made a whole feast here, even for just the two of us... I remember now that it is too much to do it all in one day (especially with home-made dressing, etc.) I was a tired pup by evening... I never did get to making dessert, so that might happen this evening. I have found a great Paleo baking book, so I'll be making Thumbprints and Everything cookies with almond flour later this afternoon.

I read all about the lunar eclipse early this morning... seems like it is ushering in a powerful and strong time - and the mornings already seem lighter than before... so, To The Light!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

We just went out for burgers for dinner even though I have lots of leftovers in the fridge. Just wanted something different tonight
                  Mild weather continues here, high 40’s & sunny, not bad at all.
                  So I guess it was 8:30-9pm last night when we heard from daughter & SIL. They live on a busy street & have to park their cars on the street (no driveways there). Some drunk driver crossed lanes & hit my SIL’s car & really did a lot of damage. Turns out the driver was a drunken old lady!!!! The car had to be towed away today, can’t wait to hear what happens with the old lady. Methinks she’ll be losing her license to drive. Just grateful no one was on the sidewalk there, could have been a disaster.

Pauly, hope you had a good day!

PQ, let’s keep this nice weather for a while

Hello to Cyn, Det & the vacationing Mick!!!!!

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Lav, what a story! Good reminder of the incredible value of this site, and the wonderful support and Quits here ... "there but for the grace of god", wow. Ha, like the sound of the burgers... we did have yummy leftovers last night, but now it's time to think about some turkey casseroles, etc. we'll be seeing my friends who are moving on Jan 1 - I think some kind of casserole is going to happen for them!

Pauly, how are you feeling? I hope you are not "blue" in addition to being under the weather... Xmas is such a ridiculous build-up, and then it's over... I like thinking of the 12 days of Christmas- today is only the 4th day of the holiday! Thank goodness for the twinkly lights still up!

PPQ, how was your holiday? I think you have some time off now... how sensible! I hope that you are giving yourself some nice experiences.

Mick, what a delightful pic of that town! Did you walk to/through that town? How lovely. We almost joined a 3-hour hike yesterday led by a LLBean guide, but I am having some very weird things going on with my knees... not sure what, so will see a doc in January. Thought I should safe/sorry.

Sam, hope you are feeling better - Det, hope you are coping with everything!

To The Light!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...looks like a lovely town. Is there more close by that you can hike/walk to?

TG...it's been a nice quiet holiday and the weather is cooperating so I've been able to get out in the sun. Not doing 4 mile walks but active non the less. I love the To The Light.

Lav...I'm so glad nobody was hurt in that accident. You've got my vote on keeping this nice weather.

Pauly...you're probably at work this morning. Hope you're feeling better.

Shout out to Sam and Det. Have a great day all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hiya all howz thing today then? Good I hope just been ou for a little walk...there are quite a few villages one way and the other is just wildness so you have the choice. Tomorrow early start going for a nice little jaunt before it gets too hot..includes a little mountain..Montana Amarilla..nice view from the top of it.2 whole days left then back on the rain plane

20191225_163304.jpg

Look at this for a hotel..remind you of anywhere..take care all

Comment

Hey Abbers,

Had a good day doing not much, haha! I did go get my hair cut, went to the bank & Walmart for a few things. Made a turkey pot pie today ~ yum
                          Feeling a lot more rested after all that work before Christmas. Not sure how many more years I can pull off those celebrations. Even YB said I deserved a trophy after dealing with DIL’s parents.
                          Couldn’t help but feel sorry for her mother. She’s suffered 4 falls this year & several surgeries to fix fractures. She’s pretty de conditioned at this point. That could have been me.....you know?

Cyn, using up leftovers can be satisfying I don’t like wasting food. If I can’t eat it all then my animals help, especially the chickens, Lol
                          I have almond flour & coconut flour in my pantry and I’ve been using more & more oat flour.
                          Geez, take care of those knees!!!!

PQ, glad you’re having a decent weather break too

Pauly, what’s up?

Mick, looks like yo are having a good time!!
                          Sad that vacations have to end.

Det, hope you are well!

Hello to Sam, hope you are feeling better.

Pie, hope you are OK.

Have a nice night folks!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae all -

Lav, I hope YB goes out and gets that trophy for you! Yes, you have definitely found the information/docs that have kept your bones strong - thanks for sharing that info here.i hope you can rest from all your hard labors- you have been working at a fever pitch! ( re: knees, I have never had an issue with my knees, and my work often requires a lot of kneeling. Suddenly one day I knelt and got a burning hot Extremely painful sensation on the outside of my kneecap. It doesn't hurt when walking, just kneeling with weight on it... thx for any ideas)

Pauly, what's doing? Did you have to work yesterday? Or maybe you will today... hope you are doing OK.

Mick, what a great destination! I hope the little mountain walk was satisfying. I got my husband a book about "forest bathing" -a Japanese concept about the healing that happens in nature, really interesting.

PPQ, how's all? I am enjoying the leftovers - one big day of cooking, but now so easy to just pull food out and recombine, whew. Hope your good weather is holding.

Det and Sam, hope all is well.

I am reading that these days (asrologically speaking) are very powerful for intention setting, and that we are entering a good phase for making dreams come true -- wishing happy dreaming to all.

To The Light!!

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav glad you got a break from leftovers I used a big part of the ham up to make a soup yesterday it turned out ok, Cyn, glad that astrology tells us this is a good time for making dreams come true waves to the gang off to get ready for work

Comment

Hiya all..well sent a lot of pics out from today. We did15k walk..but that includes 4 climbs not that high..about 550 feet each 2 were great there is one was a very sharp edge the one with the hotel and sea in the background the other me by that cairn..a bit weary now hope everyone is ok

Comment

Working...
                                X