Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 29 Dec

Happy New Year all!

I got busy with last-day-of-the-Year jobs yesterday, then cooked us a nice dinner here at the apartment (little lobster tails with risotto and salad with pomegranates) and went down to our nice lobby to party a little bit with some friends. Dragged ourselves back up to the apartment before midnight, and fell into bed!

Lav, I loved the fresh bedding for the girls... what a nice chick-mom you are! It was wonderful to see Chill online announcing her 10 years- wow, we have been hanging around this thread for awhile, eh?

Mick, so glad you are safe home, and that the sun is shining! Nice way to start the year.

Pauly, I hope you had a good night last night and that you got some sleep eventually!

PPQ, I agree about the new washing machines! I'd go back to the old ones in a flash. I have convection capability but haven't figured out how to use it... Lav will have to give me a tutorial. But I did make the risotto in 5 minutes in the instant pot! Woo Hoo!

Sam, so glad you both are on the mend... enjoy your belated Xmas today.

Busy Det, hope you are doing well -

To you sweet friends on this thread and on this site - thanks for the more-than-decades support, and wishing everyone a wonderful AF decade to come. Cheers!

Comment

morning all and a happy new year day to everyone!! might go to see the new star wars movie if I can brace myself to look at all the previews before the movie actually begins. what's everybody up to today? ain't it grand not to be hungover!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Happy New Year all...watched all the fireworks from the bedroom window there must have been thousands spent on them...start of a noo year.just been out looking at the garden...it needs some work doing to it .
        hope everyone has a good day
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Happy New year to you all! I barely remember Chillgirl but have read some of her posts, fab job on 10 years for her, always good to read success stories, funny and annoying that I'd share with customers that I don't drink anymore when they asked about my NYE plans, they acted assholey about it"I could never stop" or"sounds boring" eff you people! Kell gets the same when she mentions she don't drink and she's decided to just not say a peep, just wonder why people would be so negative about a good thing ya know? Meh that's Vegas people I guess, one big party town, Cyn I got an insta pot for Christmas and I just look at it, still feel like I'm the Crock-Pot Queen and don't wanna give up my title hahaha! PQ, how were the taco boats? Wings were good and I made Velveeta (quiet Lav) and chili in the Crock-Pot as a dip yum! Also ordered a pizza for the boys, which I'm so happy there's still some in the fridge for lunch today yippee! Sad to take the Chrimbo decs down but like hubs says we'll be putting them back up in a flash as fast as the time goes, Mick I played your voice recording to LB so I could brag about having a friend who lives in England, she said "he sounds Scottish" I said he is but lives in England haha, happy hogamany or whatever it's called haha, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF whatever day it is for us all-love you ALL for being my rocks!!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly,
            Velveeta??????!!!!!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Happy New Year friends!

Pauly, don’t make me get into lecture mode about Velveeta again
              It’s all chemicals & does not do anything positive for your innards, seriously!
              If people can’t handle that fact that we choose to not drink - screw them, who cares what they think? We know we are making the best possible decision for us Now stop the Velveeta, Lol
              Break the ice with your Instant Pot like I did- cook up a big batch of rice, then try dried beans, to get used to the functionality. Then move on to one of the zillion recipes on the internet, you’ll fall in love with it, honestly.

Cyn, your evening sounded nice. I was pretty sure you weren’t part of the 1.5 million people in that crowd last night, ugh. I could never put myself into a crowd like that, never.
              My girls were happy this morning when I let them out & I appreciated the greatly reduced odors, haha!

Sam, my daughter & her family saw that movie yesterday. My granddaughter was upset that princess/general Leia was killed. She dressed up as princess Leia for Halloween.
              Hope you enjoyed your day!

Mick, take it easy & try not to work off your holiday first day back, haha!! The garden will wait, seriously

Det, hope you are doing well!

Have a nice night everyone. I guess tomorrow is un-decorating day?

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all,
                looks like our last sunny day before rain moving in for a couple of days. just read an article about lots of small drone flights in remote areas of Colorado. wonder what that's all about. local there are not amused.

off to start a new years day of work. hope everyone is movin and groovin (auto correct wants it to be groin)
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope you're all tucked in and feeling back into home mode vs vacation mode Sam, movin and groin here haha! Lav, no need to lecture cuz I won't listen anyways, I figure I poisoned myself with alcohol long enough I'm sure a processed cheese isn't gonna kill me, besides I don't have digestion issues or sensitivity to as many foods as you do I'm fine, seems like it's romaine lettuce and other veggies that are making people sick these days anyhoo, PQ, you're quiet, hope everything is ok, very hard to get back into work mode for me after having this time off here and there yikes, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi all how are we then? good I hope .Well just been to pick the peskies up..they are running about in the garden as we speak.Its pretty cold out there today.1420 and already its getting dark.ok lets have a brew .

Hiya Pauly how are you doing ?hope all is well.yep holiday mode off...normal head on ...ha normal ..yeah right . I might squeeze a cheeky weeked in before our next holiday in 4 months 3 days ...but not counting..thats Florida.looking forward to that one .Its Hogmanay you pronounce it hugminnie..have a great day.

hiya Sam all the best to you mate crack on with your moovin n groin!!

hiya Lav ..Im with you ..I really dont give a rats ass about peoples opinions about me not drinking .You tend to find that a lot of it is envy anyway ...oh I wish I could blah blah but because they think they cant they tend to find an excuse to diss it .No didnt go daft yesterday ..chilled for awhile did some work on the layout and generally bimbled about ..watched 4 episodes of a prog called Bancroft really good .

hiya ppqp ..how are things with you then?did you have a quiet noo yearI wasx looking at a site earlier on ...lots of pics of BATUS and rattlesnake roadetc .whats the weather doing now to you

hiya tee gee how are you thern?hope all is well with you...hope this year isnt as crazy for you!!

Det all the best to you

right peeps.all the best

Now that Meat Loaf has turned vegetarian he wishes to be known as Nut Roast

My wife was waiting for me in the bedroom after she got back from the beauty shop.

She said sultrily, "What do you think of the wax ?"

"Dunno, I really wish they had just shaved off your handlebar moustache instead of putting those curly rings on the end of it."

"Trump administration launched probe to discover who ‘liked’ Chelsea Clinton tweet"

Three people, apparently: her parents and her husband.

What you you get when you cross an Iranian with a Scotsman?
                    The Ayatollah Hogmanay

have you seen this brilliant

80821266_812093589308710_2648830632091713536_n.jpg
                    Last edited by Mick; January 2, 2020, 09:53 AM.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all,

Welcome home Mick, glad that you are settling in with a bit of vacay-mind still. The sun photo was amazing! Happy peskies, I'm sure.

Lav, I get you on the velveeta! I am very tired today, and I think maybe it is grains - I usually avoid them, butt the instant pot made such a good batch of risotto that I have continued to eat it, despite more arthritis pain and now fatigue... guess I'll have to toss the end of the batch out, oh well... better than sleepwalking through the day!

Pauly, Glad that you are telling people you don't care to drink... if enough of us speak out, the Sober Movement might gain even more ground!

PPQ, all OK there? I'm worried that the oven extravaganza (and those fumes) have taken you down a peg - hope not!

Sam, very funny auto-correct, thx for sharing, lol!

Det, all OK with you?

Re: films, forgive me, but I don't remember if I shared that we went to see Little Women yesterday (11:40 AM! ). Just wonderful, on so many levels - highly recommended - and we also found a great movie place - tiered seats, so no issues seeing, whew!...

Wishing all well as we "gear up" to get going on this new year...

Comment

Good evening everyone,

Yep Sam, this was the last of the dry, half sunny days until Sunday afternoon I hear. Hope your day was a good one!

Pauly, eat what you like, of course but know what you are eating
                        Is Velveeta Cheese Actually Cheese? - Organic Authority

Cyn, sorry about the grain issues. I do tend to fill up on grains & veggies most days. Today I did an IP spinach & lentil soup with cumin & turmeric. Maybe that would be good for you.
                        I would love to see Little Women but I know YB would never go. May have to take myself. I remember my mom bringing me that book when I was in the hospital after having my tonsils removed.

PQ, I hope that dinner worked out OK for you & your family :hug:

Mick, sounds like everything is back in order for you.
                        I have seen that pic on FB, pretty cool.

Det, time to check in fella!!!

Packed away most of the Christmas stuff today, vacuumed 2,000 dog & cat hairs & about 5,000 cookie crumbs today, oh boy.
                        Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                        Last edited by Lavande; January 2, 2020, 07:06 PM.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...maybe the drones are a part of Amazon's new delivery testing. LOL

Pauly...everything ok here. Discovered that the boys had all the Harry Potter movies on the server so I've been binge watching. Trying to avoid thoughts of going back to work. LOL I've had the same reaction when I tell people I don't drink anymore. Just remember that people who don't have a problem with alcohol don't understand where we're coming from.

Mick...glad the peskies are healthy. It's been warm and sunny here but apparently a snow storm blew through last night. Didn't realize it till I went to take out the garbage. Was listening to the news and apparently our coldest weather hit in February last year so fingers crossed it misses us this year. What a great pic...I hadn't seen it. Had to actually click through to the website to see what it was all about.

TG...nope, I survived the oven fumes. LOL I am taking advantage of these last few days of Xmas break, doing the things I want to when I want to. I didn't realize grain affects arthritis. I have a lot to learn.

Lav...thanks for the cooking advice, the taco casserole turned out ace. Glad I checked with you or it would have been a layer of scrambled eggs! I've been in de-clutter mode during my time off, a little at a time.

Have to pop into work for a bit early tomorrow. Going to update the last two workstations before everyone gets back on Monday. Hope we all have a peaceful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick love the pic of stealing the sun Lav, took most of my Christmas stuff down yesterday, just makes me sad so I'm keeping the tree up til the weekend, I just love the lights at night PQ, there you are, glad everything is ok and you found some Harry Potter to watch, Cyn, I'm sorry the grains caused you so much inflammation! Amazing what kind of harmless seeming stuff just does not agree with some of us, sad really, hubs swears he has a hard time with beef, dairy, sugar, etc but at least he's pretty good about avoiding those and not feeling like he's missing out, I know sugar makes me feel awful but it makes me happy while I'm eating it, grrr, Sam hope you're both 100% by now, Det if you peek in a big hello to you friend, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Comment

and good afternno all ...how are we today then? good I hope .Dry day here today again..though def not warm..Not taken the rabbits long to get back into their at home routine..its just like there suddenly a switch has been flicked and they are remembering it all.been doing a bit on the railway this morning

hiya ppqp...Harry Potter..think Ive seen them loads of times ..and still will keep watching them...anf yep Ill be on the Hogwarts express again this year in Florida ...was on it 8 times last time we were there.Now talking about drones ....perhaps they were test runs for Iran...have a good day

hiya Lav hows you then? all ok.?that was a brill pic.Little Women is that based on the Alcott book based in Mass o chew sets?now I did better than you I saved myself 2 jobs ...never unpacked decorations so didnt have to pack them away!have a good day.

hiya tree,how are you then today?wow that was a late show at the pics!I heard that grain is a contributor to arthur itis the trouble is ...next week someone will come up with a different theory

hiya pauly ,you ok?hope so .Interesting comment you made ..people getting sick through veggies nowadays ..I wonder if its the crop ...or what it has been treated with

right ...yall have a good day

I was just taking a dip in the swimming pool when the lifeguard shouted out..
                              "What have you got there?"

"Hummus", I replied.

A passenger has died on an Easyjet flight from Spain to Newcastle. I feel sorry for the ones that made it.

I've been seeing a girl who loves to copy drawings, maps and designs by placing transparent paper over them.

Tracey.

So marvel have announced their first transgender super hero.

Expect Wonder Womb-man in cinemas this summer.

just had a game of pool with an owl, i potted the white ball and said two hits, the owl replied two hits to who

Climate activists: “One half of the world is burning, the other half is under water”...

Flat earthers: “So much for that fcking Axial tilt, eh....”

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...you must be back to your normal work schedule now. I'm back on Monday Jan 6th and am actually looking forward to getting back into my routine.

Mick...it must be funny to watch the peskies remembering their home. You can probably see them thinking Oh yeah I remember that. Drones, Iran, can you say welcome to 2020 and WW3? You'll just get sorted out before you leave again. Looking forward to more pics of Hogwarts.

Upgrades to the 2 childcare workstations went smooth this morning. Shades of work on Monday. It actually felt good to get up and get going at my usual time again. Onward and upwards or as TG would say To The Light....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X