Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 29 Dec

Good evening all!

Damp, dark & drizzly today. Now a heavy fog has rolled in, glad I don’t have to go anywhere.
    We did go see our older friend at her assisted living facility today. She said she’s OK but VERY lonely. That made me feel bad but not sure how I can do much about that. We checked & found the facility has a wifi so she really could get back to using Facebook & visit her genealogy websites & a few other things she was doing at home on her desktop. I may look into getting a used iPad for her, don’t know.
    I don’t think I would be a happy camper either if I outlived my daughter & husband

PQ, I somehow knew you wouldn’t like that layer of scrambled eggs on your taco casserole, haha!!! Glad it worked out
    I love clearing out the decorations & a whole lot of other stuff after the holidays. Making room for the new year makes sense!

Pauly, I’ve been doing a lot of reading about the growing numbers of food sensitivities & intolerances we are suffering here in the US. I believe the use of GMO feeds is making the problem worse. The beef & poultry we eat has been raised on GMO feed & antibiotics. Yuck, no wonder we can’t handle it anymore. I have a freezer full of local Amish grown chicken that is so much better than supermarket chicken. I don’t even buy beef anymore, I don’t eat it anyway. I tell YB to order steak for himself when we go out, haha!

Mick, your bunnies are happy & that’s cool.
    I am sick reading about what Trump did. Not looking forward to WWIII anytime soon. What an idiot!

deter, where are you buddy? Time to check in with us!

Sam, hope you had a good day!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Woke up because of the sound of the wind blowing outside. Figured when I looked out the window we'd be in the middle of a snow storm but to my surprise it's 50F out there. A little bit of a tease as later today the temps are supposed to start dropping and we're back to snow next week starting tomorrow. Going to take advantage of warm temp and get out there this morning.

Have a Super Sober Saturday all and I'll check in again later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all how are we today then?good I hope.raining here ..and for some reason Ive got the cold ...its free hence why Ive got it .well ww3 hasnt started yet ,despite the best laid plans from yer man...and now we stuck our noses in too...that special relationship that we enjoy between our 2 countries blah blah.
        Bunnies are doing great ...doing a bit on the railway too.apart from that a quiet weekend .
        hope all is well with everyone ..

I've always been unlucky in my love life so I ordered a book from Amazon called "How to Woo".

The gits sent me volume 2 of the Beijing telephone directory.

Son you're just not cut out to be a mime."
        "Was it something I said?"
        "Yes."

I’m not saying I’m shit at DIY, but I’ve taken that much off the bottom of our door, my nan’s just limboed into the room.

Keith Richards is very concerned about climate change.

He's worried about the kind of world Greta Thunberg will leave him to live in.

I went to the races and bet on a horse so good,

It took all the other horses to beat him.

Just saw on the news about that Qasem Soleimani fella... And I'm pretty disgusted... I thought you werent allowed to fly drones near airports nowadays?

Just goes to show, its one rule for one, one rule for another! :/

81036310_508057626482713_4903027028938194944_n.jpg
        Last edited by Mick; January 4, 2020, 10:00 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae all -

Sorry to miss out posting yesterday... getting hubs ready for a trip, and the time just went.

Lav, GO to Little Women! The film moves in and out of the real life of The Alcotts (really shows the deprivations of the civil war) and has multiple flashback scenes - it's all about her writing life in general - how hard it was for her to be recognized as a writer - and how the book Little Women came to be (only at the very end). It is also beautifully photographed and the detail included in the shots is amazing. It's really about the fate of women in that century. Thanks for the lentil recipe - I will try, though even legumes are a challenge for me at this point.

Pauly, I know how hard it is to avoid foods! But honestly I feel terrible after having foods that are bad for me, so it's kind of a no-brainer. Grains (especially refined) really put me back into a lot of pain. Yep, try to avoid that sugar - inflammation is the enemy! Good luck --

PPQ, I received a diagnosis of fybromyalgia 25 years ago, and spent about a decade on rheumatologist-prescribed drugs, which really messed up my gut. Learning about and being careful with food for the last 15 years has saved my body (and my sanity); I don't take any pain meds now, and haven't for quite a while, yay! Good luck with your health journey. Glad that it feels OK to go back to work!

Mick, can you believe that I have never read the Harry Potter books? And they are right up my alley - I love anything Tolkien-esque. I am determined to read them this year... hey, I have some flights coming up soon - maybe I'll get them ( the real books, not electronic) and have a good read on the plane. PS - we went to a 11:40 AM movie! Felt like we were retired! Hope peskies and humans are all well in your special corner of the world. It breaks my heart to hear about all the animals in Australia... incredibly sad...

OK, off to the races to get hubs ready for 2 consecutive trips. Laundry done, packing next...

Cheers all -To The Light!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Quiet, damp & gloomy looking day again here, Oh and the mud, sooo much mud, haha!!
            Just returned youngest grandson to his parents. He spent a few hours with us, took him out for dinner then delivered him home, that was enough. Lol

PQ, it was over 50 degrees today, rain off & on. Such a strange winter so far. I hope you don’t get too darn much snow next week!

Mick, the nightmare in the White House is going to give me an ulcer, honestly. I am sick to death of him & his comrades.
            Have fun with your railroad. Are you running out of room yet??

Cyn, I will go see Little Women if I can find it playing somewhere. There are zero movie theaters here, I may be able to find one in Delaware near the University.
            it’s truly amazing how we can control so much with our diets. The hardest part is figuring out what you can eat & what can’t tolerate. It was all trial & error with me.
            I only took a handful of doses of Fosamax 15 years ago to ‘treat’ my osteoporosis but that stuff wrecked my gut. That’s why I am hell bent to do things naturally & skip the harsh chemicals where possible.
            We do better figuring this stuff out on our own, I swear. It’s not always easy to stick to your eating plan though especially if you are eating out or traveling. All we can do is the best we can do.
            I do like using the Italian farro in place of barley though, 13 gms protein/serving! Just got a 3 lb bag on Amazon Good luck with the packing!!

Sam, hope you are well.

Det, check in, please!

Have a nice night everyone!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope you feel better soon, travelling usually makes me sick with a cold too, Lav, glad you got to spend time with your grandson oh shoot I just forgot we start a new thread haha back later!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X