Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: July 19th

MAE ALL...

Det...WOW, 100,000 evictions! Where is everyone going to go? Yes, I think people are now feeling "caution fatigue". I can see it when I'm out and about, which isn't often. The patiently waiting for their turn, staying 6ft apart and being polite has turned into "F" you and butting in wherever. The city announced they're going to make mask wearing indoor all public places mandatory starting Aug 1st. They can start it now as far as I'm concerned. Some people are saying they'll simply drive to the next town to do their shopping, I hope they do. I hope your sister stays safe and I know I'd be worrying too.

Lav...did you get your storm? What a catch 22, melt in the heat or hope the storm doesn't do too much damage. You're fritters sounded great, I think even I could do that one. LOL I've never heard of the "Resting Bitch Face". Will have to give it a go. LOL Did manage to get childcare sorted out today so onto the new software. Asked the prog-coord when she wanted to get together and apparently she's busy until the first week of August. Makes no never mind to me if the programs don't get set up. Will email her to set a meeting date and time so I have documentation when the boss says why isn't this done.

Pauly...I remember you saying the owner was going to raise the prices but didn't realize it would be that much. Have no idea where the shop is located, I do know Flamingo though. I'm sure the rent was cheap enough for him. Hope things turn around for you soon, don't give up your delivery job just in case.

Mick...you should just record those cleaning, polishing and tidying up noises then you can take it easy with a book and just play them. The garden is looking lovely. I'm only helping with the potato patch and you can pretty much just let it do it's thing. LOL Gotta say it's been good to get up and go into work, starting to get a bit of a routine going. As long as I can avoid the contractors I can concentrate on one thing at a time. Refuse to setup my phone, the recorded message instructs people to use email, and that'll work for now. No bridge on the schedule at the moment. May have to find a couple of other players to set up a weekly game.

Shout out to Sam, Pi and TG.

It's Kraft dinner and hot dogs for supper tonight so no prep work required. LOL Have a good evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings friends!

Thunder storm with RAIN going on right now. It’s about time, haha!!
      Way too hot out to do anything outside today so I made a big dish of vegan mac & cheese & baked a loaf of sourdough bread with some spelt for extra flavor, yum. YB harvested green beans today so I steamed up some of them, yum. I think we’ll be eating ourselves to real obesity if this keeps up Lol

Pauly, when you nearly double the price on something of course people are going to balk. Don’t think that was a smart move on his part, sorry.
      The temp has dropped 25 degrees since the storm started. Wish some of this humidity would disappear too, ho hum.

Mick, rain again? That’s why your tomatoes aren’t getting red, uh oh!
      Reheated some zucchini fritters for lunch, they were good! I love living on leftovers

PQ, you raised two boys so it’s likely you never heard of resting Bitch Face. My daughter was always good at filling me in on current trends, haha!
      Here’s a piece from the WP on the topic: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ng-bitch-face/
      You should practice RBF so you’re prepared to deal with the prog-coord

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn! Hope everyone is oK.

Have a nice night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

whew! sweaty greetings ABErooooooos!

just in from 5 shoots today. 347 pics total! now I have to sort them all out. weeeeeee!
        Mick, I'm not selling prints, I'm doing commercial photography of properties and homes people are selling as well as custom
        interior shots for custom carpenters etc. it's pretty neat for the most part. I suck at advertising my artwork but am in the middle of a
        digital marketing course so perhaps I can get that into gear also.

Pauly, my hair place charges me 29 bucks a pop before tip. I'll have to find you! send me a message here or on IG direct messenger if you like and
        let me know your schedule so I'm there when you are. I promise not to eat a crapload of garlic just prior

Lav, you're rich with veggies! that's too cool. My poor tomatoes are toast. they did great for a bit but I just can't save them from the death-rays that fall
        from above. The sun here is super intense. It should be illegal! yeah! storm? I thought we were getting one the other day but nooooo storm for us
        poor frying bastards.

PPQ, I have no bloody idea what is going to become of 100K suddenly displaced persons here. That on top of no more stimulus money and people are about ready to
        kill each other for menial minimum-wage jobs. Extremely bad times are ahead kids. Nobody has answers. Kraft dinner? oh my! ok, I won't get all food-snobby. we are
        having breakfast for dinner so certainly nothing super gourmet tonight. Last night's Cajun shrimp/barley/red bell pepper with a Greek side salad was a hit.

Did I mention my sweetie bought me a very nice Italian panini pan? it's super cool. Made by Lagustina. I'll have to take some pics since I'm such a food dork.

Oy Mick, glad yer at least getting some rain while getting all those things done. Anything fun on the books for the weekend?

otay, sorting pics, then shower

be well loves!
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, PQ, I love Kraft Mac and cheese, the key for me is to open one extra box and toss the macaroni but use the extra packet of cheese in the pot, also I only cook the mac"Al dente" so the extra cheese floats on it instead of soaking in it and getting soggy, hah! See Det even no food snobs have certain techniques to things haha! I ordered my own instacart yesterday from a store I don't like to go to but I love their stuff, my shopper needs to get lessons from me, she ignores some of my requests, didn't knock and when the app told me my stuff was outside it looked like she threw it and left! I NEVER leave people's things like that I always stack it nicely, Kell said to give her a bad review but I don't wanna be that guy cuz A. She took it when it was late in the day B. It was feckin hot C. She got most of my stuff, Kell is thinking of ways to break the news to Lou there's no school in person, he keeps asking everyday when he's going back, I told her to just put him off for a bit, they're taking a trip to our hometown this weekend, I don't think it's wise just cuz covid(we're from a very small town) the drive, etc but she wants to get outta here for a bit, I've considered it myself but although I'm not paranoid, I still don't want to expose my family to anything that I don't know for sure I don't have if that makes sense? I'm just so done with this virus! I posted a video on FB yesterday of this couple who were trying to act like they were soooooo picked on for not wearing a mask in a restaurant, I was pissed cuz all they have you do is wear it to enter, go to your table and take it off once there=simple! No these people kept going on and on about health problems and the mask, the manager asked if she at least had a face shield, offered them a to go order, etc he wasn't even rude yet they tried to make him into a villain, irritating, anyhoo I've gone on haha, hope everyone has a great BF Thursday!
          Last edited by paulywogg; July 23, 2020, 08:45 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all...wow what a day ...laptop broke ,so took itto get fixed ,tried to get on here on my phone ...no chance,strange because it let me on facebook .got the computer back tonight ,it has a new screen fitted .
            well tomorrow ,everyone has to wear masks in shops ...how crazy is this? you need a mask to go into a shop,but not a pub or a restaurant...oh and it is legal ,,there is a law that says you must wear a mask in a shop so if you dont you ar breaking the law..the cops have said they want nothing to do with it ...and the govmts advice to the shopkeepers is if someone refuses then dont antagonise them ...what a crock of crap ...
            Blackburn has been locked down ,15 miles from me ,Rochdale is next ..thats 6.2 miles so for me I guess its not going up there fr a while ..hope everyone is well..sorry thisis a short post
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...well at least you made the proper mac & cheese, Det can't get upset. LOL So did you get rid of some of your humidity? Thanks for the link, I think it's hilarious.

Det...I haven't had Kraft dinner for 15 years and for some reason I couldn't get it out of my mind. So had my fix and probably won't have it again for another 15 years. I grew up on that stuff being from a family of 10. LOL 5 shoots...that seems like a lot of work! Hope they were fairly close to each other. Don't get them mixed up. And you're taking a digital marketing course, no moss under you! Breakfast for dinner sounds like a plan for me tonight.

Pauly....I used to make it that way when the boys were young, great minds think alike. I think that's a hoot that you ordered your own instacart. It's a catch 22 with leaving a poor review, what if you get her again. That's one reason a leave good reviews, those people deserve to be recognized and promoted. My philosophy on masks is if you don't want to wear one stay home. They announced here that schools will open as usual and mask are not mandatory. You can choose distance learning for your child if you want. What a mess especially with 35 kids in a classroom.

TORNADO ALERT JUST ISSUED...it's turned pretty black out there right now. Looks like it's coming from the west and of course my kid is out camping!!!! OH oh...and now the rain and hail. My poor car.

Mick...was that the laptop you purchased recently? Yes, it is strange that you can get on FB and not MWO. We have had a rise in confirmed covid cases so now they're thinking of shutting down bars and night clubs to control the outbreak. Especially if they want to open schools in September. Yet another positive for not drinking. LOL

OK...now everything has stopped, rain/hail, and the sun is out. Does this mean I'm in the eye of the storm? They've just cancelled the alert so I guess I'm ok. LOL Have a safe night all...:smile:PPQP

EdpHrGeU8AEyvrF.jpg EdpPHL8UYAAheNZ.jpg
              Last edited by porqoui; July 23, 2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Greetings folks!

Hot & humid of course, what else is there? Haha! Had a brief sun shower but no rainbow, that’s no fun. More storms likely tonight.
                Had to do a run to the market today but it’s pretty good there. No crowds & anyone in the store had a mask on so no worries.

Det, the only people successful growing tomatoes around here are the Amish farmers. We just buy theirs!
                Sounds like you are super busy & in demand, nice
                Enjoy the paninis, yum

Pauly, no Kraft mac & cheese for adults around here, haha. We are eating our way thru that huge dish of vegan mac I made, love leftovers.
                Are your schools developing an online option for students? They all seem to be working on that around here. It’s going to take a lot of family effort to keep the kids interested I think.
                I don’t blame you for not wanting to visit family right now. We need to remain alert & safe.

Mick, hope your repaired computer stays happy for a while
                I’m going to keep my 6 ft distance & wear a mask until I am damn sure it’s safe otherwise. I know the police are not interested in enforcing mask wearing, etc. Why would they?

Hello to PQ, Pie, Sam & Cyn.

Hope everyone has a nice night!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hidy ho ABeroooodles!!

home again after just two shoots but one of them was enormous...good grief that's too much house for any sane person. A family of 6 could live in the master bathroom.

PPQ, fun storm pics! at least you guys are taking your mac n cheese seriously! I've made gourmet versions with lentil penne pasta and fancy cheeses. Always a hit
                  with girly. Yeah, the school scene is totally jacked-up but that's a par for the course here. the attempts at online learning a few months ago were so completely garbage...
                  I hope they at least give half of a crap when it restarts. Darlene is setting up a classroom for daughter at her work since we have no way of teaching at home with us both working.
                  Another of my friends is doing the same. our tax payer money doing what it does best... not much. agh.

Mick, have you tried going into your browser settings then deleting cookies and cache, then restarting and log-in again? sometimes it works.

yepper, crash-course in e-Commerce. got to get that figured out properly. I know enough to be totally confused currently which I don't care for.

Refuge meet tonight which will be most appreciated. And it's girls night out so I'm just doing my uploads and getting ready for a shower.

super sore all over from gym so will consider this a rest night for physical activity.

Lav, I need Amish tomato advice! or maybe just the location of their nearest farm so I can buy from them.

ok, off to that shower....

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, yep Det this whole online thing is weird and it doesn't seem like they have much planned, it's gonna be HARD for Kell to get Lou online while she's at work, I looked into private schools and they're pricey, the cheapest was a creepy religious school and after reading their curriculum I said no feckin way! Too weird, PQ, I get cravings for foods I haven't had in ages, sometimes it's a hit and others I'm like why did I ever like this, spagettios was one recently, I dunno if they changed their recipe or what but yuck, after showing my coworker the pic of my scattered groceries and she laughed and said what the hell I shaved 4 bucks off the shoppers tip and left 4 stars instead of 5 that I had given just to be nice, not much going on here, sick of the news, sick of the virus, just sick. Hope everyone has a great BF Fryday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Hope everyone is ok this is the first day of the enforcement of wearing masks in shops but it seems like nobody is bothered about it the cops don't want to enforce it and rightly so and the shopkeeper have been told not to antagonize people if they don't want to wear one plus there are all sorts of b******* excuses you can come out with if you don't want to wear one I'm staying well away from the local shops around here Rochdale and Oldham especially they are hot beds for the virus just come back in went for a 10 mile hike across the moors with Julie the weather started off really nice Pleasant and as we finished it is 26 degrees supposed to be storms tonight tomorrow which I see hope everything is well take care please please stay safe don't listen to the idiot

I had an examination earlier. And the guy stuck his finger right up my ass to the hilt. Then twirled it around for a bit. I was telling the wife I didn't think it was normal. She said If I was that concerned, I should probably change dentist.

What can think the unthinkable?

An itheberg

I'll never forget what my wife said to me on our 5th wedding anniversary:

"How the fck did you find me? I've changed my identity and have police protection and everything."

I hate it when people get all intellectual and talk about Mozart.

I bet they've never even seen one of his paintings.

Just been to pub for the first time since lockdown was eased. On the blackboard it said 'the manager's special '.
                      He looked a bit like Trump, but I wouldn't have gone that far.

If we went back in time to 1980, would you really be surprised if I told you, that in the year 2019, the Russians would donate money, to make sure a bloke called Boris would get elected as British Prime Minister?

*Me walking into Waitrose.
                      Security. "Exuse me sir, you should be wearing a mask".
                      I said "Why" ?
                      Security. "Because you're a right ugly git".

I have a cigarette rolling ritual.
                      First I take my paper and fold it into a "v". Then I take a filter and place it into the left hand side. Then I take a pinch of tobacco and spread it across the paper, making sure to keep it evenly distributed so there are no lumps and bumps. Then I lick my thumbs and roll the whole thing into a perfect cylinder, place it between slightly moistened lips and light it.
                      Then I punch any of the little fckers in my class who say, "You are the teacher and you should be setting an example"

I won't be eating magic mushrooms again.
                      Last night I was watching "The Pink Panther" with Peter Sellers and half way through he turned to me and said, "I'm dead, you know?"

Liverpool midfielder Fabinho was thrilled and very emotional after winning the premiership with the club, although he did say he was very homesick and even with all it's crime, he missed home town in Brazil.

So the scousers did what they do best to make him feel at home, they robbed his house.

Two women are discussing their husbands.
                      Wife 1: "My husband's a Sensitive New-Age Guy (SNAG)."
                      Wife 2: "Mine's a Tender Warm Appreciative Type
                      Last edited by Mick; July 24, 2020, 12:02 PM.
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Nesters,

Nasty weather all day again, oh well. Last night’s storms did nothing to clear the air & today’s have been just as ineffective. Guess I should feel lucky that the tropical storms are heading to Texas & Hawaii instead of climbing the east coast as usual.

PQ, I don’t know how I missed your post last night. I think my attention span is shrinking, haha.
                        Still humid as hell here so I’m staying in.

Det, you should Google nearby Amish farms & see what pops up. They are spreading out all over the place these days, you never know
                        I don’t know why people want to live in those mega mansions. We downsized when we built this house 17 years ago & it’s starting to feel too big to take care of, ugh. Think I may Be ready for a granny condo, haha! The online education for kids is going to be rough, at least in the beginning. Hopefully the schools will work it out!

Pauly, spaghettios are not for the adult palate. I remember my kids gobbling them up too Lol
                        I had a chunk of leftover roasted pork so I turned that into pork fried rice tonight, pretty good & I have leftovers!!

Mick, stay home & stay safe until everyone finally gets their sh*t together.
                        Btw - I would definitely choose the SNAG guy, haha!!!

Hello to Pie, Sam & Cyn.
                        Have a good night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Aloooha Friday ABerooos!

wow, a day off with no shoots which is actually a great opportunity which I've taken advantage of by reconnecting via phone with several peeps,
                          hardware store for metric screws to repair a tripod, grocery store for tritip roast and makings for a refreshing gazpacho and a couple hours of educating
                          myself on digital marketing. zoom zoom!

Mick, enjoy the good weather. 26c sounds perfect to me. only about 101 here. ugh.

Lav, good idea on the Amish search. ok searching now.... d-oh! PA came up as the nearest. oh well. may have to search in different ways to find something.

Pauly, no answers on the schools for sure. We also looked at the private route and found what you did. ugh. girly is not doing well. she hides in her room on her phone watching
                          tiktok videos literally all day laying in bed. I'ts like I've been home alone all day. this is certainly not healthy and I'm helplessly worrying and don't know what to do.

gold and silver are spiking up in value super fast... not a good sign for confidence in what's left of our dollar.

meditation/meeting last night was great with a big turnout. So many struggling peeps and we're just doing our best to look out for one another which is great.

crappo... we still have no fun plans for this weekend. The week just kind of got away from us and no bright ideas yet. hmmm.. there is 1 drive-in still in town but only
                          playing crappy flicks currently. hmmmm. Any ideas for lockdown amusement?

arritey... time to light the BBQ

PPQ, Sam, Pie, anyone else?

be well loves!
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hope everyone has a great BF Saturday!

Comment

hey dudes and dudettes ..thats a det line I remember from way back !how are we all doing today then? good I hope ..it has just stopped raining ...its been pouring all day and last night too..Im sureit was sent from Lancaster area in the yoosa....its off now so the rabbits are playing . gyms and swimming pools opened today ..to keep socially distanced ..they have drained all the odd numbered lanes in the local pool......only kidding .crazy and yet the number of +ves is on the increase ..methinks they are doing a sneaky herd immunity job .

hiya pauly you good ? hope so ..STAY SAFE ......thinking ov you

hiya Lav ..so you still had storms?even after youve packaged them here....a granny condo ...what an ace idea!!!awoman cave go for it ..yoomans by invitation only!!take care

Det my man ..hows you then? so what did you do ? any planzfor the weekend? yep I see gold and silver is on the way up ....hmm excellent for the stuff Ive found in the past ..we sent our daughter to private school, but that was for a reason ,nothing to do with anything apart from the school they were going to send her to.and we had no say in the matter ...the alternative was not worth considering .hope you have a good weekend

hiya ppqp ..how are you then? hope all is well with you ...have a great weekend

right folks ...alllthe best ...STAY SAFE X

Comment

MAE ALL...

I am really trying hard not to do any "work" work. It's Saturday and I'm just not going to do it. That's my mantra for today. LOL The city passed a bylaw making mask wearing mandatory in all public buildings and yup, that includes us. Of course there's about 5,000 exceptions. No wonder people get confused. We're supposed to be rain free today, we shall see.

Lav...i figured you were just snubbing me. LOL

Det...for someone with a day off you sure have a busy schedule. LOL Hope you came up with some weekend plans.

Pauly...you working today? Can't figure out what your schedule is anymore.

Mick...careful, when you start remembering things from the past they say your cognitive thinking is going. LOL We've been having pop up showers, nothing lasting all day. Get out and enjoy the sun while you can. You won't catch me at a gym or swimming pool, mind you wouldn't pre-covid either. LOL

Have a great Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X