Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Abbers ~August 2,2020

MAE ALL...

Mick...I'm ready for some of your rain too. Hopefully this is the last day of our 14 day heat wave, jeez, I'm so done. Oh I can just hear your brain working on a response to that. Woke up early and couldn't get work off my mind so went in. Actually accomplished a lot so left early. I like these covid hours.

Lav...I think people are going to be needing masks for some time to come. Our new bylaw (wearing masks indoor any city building) went into effect on Saturday and I'm really pleased with how many people are complying. We're getting bombarded with parent emails about our covid protocols for September and of course all those who can make that decision have left town. LOL

Det...now don't panic, you don't want to be out in that heat all day anyways. Do you have A/C in your car?

Hello to everyone else. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Back to hot & sunny weather here. You’d never know there was a Tropical Storm yesterday except for all the leaves & sticks laying around. We didn’t lose power but the person who owns the horse farm on the corner has been running a generator since yesterday at this time, geez. I guess they are on a different circuit or something.
      I am back in mask sewing gear because I’ve had a lot of requests. I want to be sure my grandsons have enough in case the school decides to have them go in for instruction. Still not sure what they are planning. My granddaughter will be doing a completely virtual school from home.
      Chick grew an inch taller overnight, oh my!

PQ, learning new software is not easy, I hear you. We only have so much brain space, right??
      Th early reports of schools that have already opened is not good. Some opened for a day or two then closed right down again with kids & teachers getting sick. I don’t know how we’re going to get thru this. Our freaking president keeps saying kids are immune. What an asshole

Det, I have to look that dish up, I think I’ve heard of it before.
      We had more rain late last evening bringing our day total up to 6”. I’d love to share
      I hope business picks up for you very soon!

Mick, still getting rained on huh? Sorry about that!
      Brighter days are coming, hopefully!!

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hello and how are we today then? Not raining over here overcast but very very warm more like stormy weather. Julie is just a way to meet Amy and then they are off to the hairdressers together I declined
        Hello Det how are you today then mate?all good I hope
        Yes you could say Belfast in 1976 was interesting bearing in mind the film 71 was a thriller in places it's not so far from the truth there were times when we were on the streets it was quite scary and eerie others it was just like normal but you never ever let your guard down anyway that was a long time ago is the photoshoot business not picking up at all have you ever thought of doing it for industrial companies ?
        Hiya lav how are you today then hope all is well well so the face mask business is up and running again is it I'm going to get a tartan one glad chick grew an inch overnight who is chick by the way haha yes like you we have spare rain here too .. you take care and listen to the wise words of Mr Trump not

Hiya ppqp you want some rain? This is real good stuff we get here straight from the Pennines and the Yorkshire moors if you want I can send you some dried rain all you need to do is add water what a crazy world who in the right mind would have thought it was mandatory to go into a post office or a bank wearing a mask you take care

Hiya pauly how are you today then hope all is well with you the same goes stay safe take care

A big shout out to all the rest of our readers, look after yourselves in these mad times
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

early greetings ABeroooos!

Mick, I'm sure that was a stressful time for you guys and I'm sure glad it's over and quiet now in that respect, enough crazy
          crap going on globally as it is.

Lav, what the heck are you feeding those chicks? that's amazing growth.

yes, looking at other clients for photos for sure. have 2 shoots today which is up from 1 yesterday at least.
          enormous new software suite being installed today... oh boy. trying to hold my head together with duck tape soon....

did make it back to the gym a couple times so far this week which is always very good.

The videos coming out of Beirut are so scary...I can only imagine a blast of that magnitude...yikes.

Mick, a tartan mask? cool idea. As I recall my ancestors tartan is the McDonald one with the bright yellow
          color on it.

Darlene is taking girly in early to get her Chromebook for school studies. I hope the online education is less useless than
          it was earlier in the year. we'll see.

arritey, more java and then diving into new software.

be well loves!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Greetings everyone,

Sitting outside enjoying a nice cool breeze for a change. More storms rolling in later, not sure where I’ll put the extra mud though

Mick, I hope the girls enjoyed their hair appointments

Det, this is what the chicks are eating: Organic Starter-Grower Chicken Feed | Purina
            Apparently it’s really really good stuff, haha!!!
            Hope the photo jobs keep coming in & keep you busy!

Not much to report today - SSDD! Lol
            Hello to everyone & I hope we all have a decent night!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

good morning all..how are we then ? good I hope.the last time had her haircut proper length wise was at senior school ...she is now 30..where did that go.anyway se wasnt very pleasedthe hairdresser took 7 inches of length off ..tbh i didnt notice..She cam up and tood at the end of the drive ,muttering something about being scalped!!!nice dry day here..Houston ...we have a problem ...Im growing ornamental cabbages ,they are absolutely covered in greenfly..Ive sprayed them everything ...but nope ..they remain so havent a clue ..

hiya Lav ,hows you today then?all good I hope..send the mud to mississippi...they make pies there with it .....Dolt 45 seems to have gone quiet ..or mebbe its me just not watching world news !!..you take care .

hiya Det how are you then?good I hope...I have a split of tartans ,,there are 2..the Royal Stewart and the Ancient McDonald........ I thought the yellow tartan was McLeod or Robertson ..I remember that from a discussion when I was at skool!!!stay safe mate

hiya Pauly ...where are you? hope all is ok?

hi ppqp ...how are things withyou then? have you got protocols in place I hope they are better thn the ones we have ...everyone must wear masks ..unless they dont want to cant be bothered or think they will look silly ..the only exception to this mandatory advisory guideline will be politicians ..they are expected to give full support to the government...in public ..but if they get caught they will go to the naughty step..that about sums it up...are you still tending to the gardens?

hiya pie sam ,treegirl ,n/s and everyone else who jups in...stay safe stay positive .

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm just concerned about the environment.
              Soft drinks invariably come packaged in plastic.

‘Eating too much rice with your curry can be fatal, experts warn’

So can lighting a match afterwards.

The one thing I DO draw the line at is rulers.

Government vouchers now available, allowing us to buy a Double Whopper for £1.

In other news, the government tell us following the lockdown we all need to lose weight.

Just got back from the dentist.
              He said my teeth are fine but my gums will have to come out.

My other son that works at a lab was unbelievably telling me today that he actually formulated a vaccine for Covid 19.

He showed it with excitement to his superior, who quickly took the vial and threw it against the wall and smashed it !

"You know we can easily fcking find it... but not until AFTER the American election and Trump loses."

Two men are approaching each other on a sidewalk. Both are dragging their right foot as they walk.
              As they meet, one man looks at the other knowingly, points to his foot and says,
              "Vietnam, 1969."
              The other points his thumb behind him and says,
              "Dog sh.t, 20 feet back."

So does the Chinese version of the Simpsons have white characters?

Vauxhall Astra for sale
              No brakes
              Would make ideal last car
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick poor Amy and her hair haha, I'm sure it looks very nice Brady got into a car wreck last night he's fine but my Honda is a goner, it's ok tho cuz I only want him safe and although he's in alot of pain, as bad as the car looked he got off good! It's why I never take the freeway anywhere! I'll take city streets even if it takes me an hour to get there, everyone is always in such a rush to get nowhere and it pisses me off, other than that nothing new, Det, I hope the schooling goes better too, in the spring it was just kind of a vacay for the kids-no real schooling or plan at all, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...I didn't even have to look up SSDD LOL. I'm glad the chicks are thriving. Sounds like all's good in your world, now get back to your sewing machine.

Mick...7 inches, just how long was her hair! Did you spray your cabbage with essential oil afterwards? I'm not into essential oil but it seems it's used everywhere. Dolt 45 is attacking Canada now. Gotta get his numbers up for Nov so he's reinstated a tariff on our aluminum. Canada retaliated with $ for $ tariffs on the US. Like little kids in a sandbox. I think we got the protocols sorted out, that is until the boss gets back and says well, what about this? We're basically putting the kids in cohorts and locking down the rooms when they are here. No parents allowed in the building. Going to be interesting to see how the boss handles the rest of the building. Still tending the garden or at least what's left with all the hail storms we've had. Potatoes didn't amount to much but the beets are looking great.

Pauly...I'm glad Brady is ok and that insurance covers the car damage. I drove on the freeways with my sister once when she lived in the US and believe me once was enough! Our parents are not impressed with the plan for the schools so I'm sure we've not heard the end of it. Just grateful I don't have to deal with any of that.

Went in to finish up some stuff in the office before the boss's return on Monday and the account was there. With all the interruptions I didn't get much accomplished so packed it in and came home. Planning on not thinking of work for the rest of the weekend. Have a good day all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

Another thunderstorm going on & apparently there are 3 tornadoes that have been spotted on radar in areas not too far away. Geez, this summer stinks in every way possible.
                    The chicks are good, big chickens will have new mud puddles after this storm is over. We’ve gotten almost 2 more inches of rain, geez.

Mick, Amy will realize that the shorter hair is easier to wash & dry & is a lot lighter (weight wise) especially in this heat! Takes a little adjustment time though.
                    The greenfly community is feasting on your plants - they need a natural predator I think ~ maybe chickens? Haha.

Pauly, sorry about Brady’s accident. Been there & done it with my kids wrecking my cars too
                    Just be grateful he’s OK & will hopefully pick a safer route in the future.

PQ, I did get a little sewing time in before the storm rolled in & hope to get back to it later.
                    Just so you know 45 is also attacking China today as well - he’s such an idiot. I feel as if the world has had enough experience with him to know it’s easier to just ignore his sh*t.

Hello to everyone else & wishing a nice night for all!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

hiya all ..wow another hot day today ...it was too hot last night never slept at all...was sitting in the garden at 1.30am. was up again at 5 .its hot now but we have storms on the way.was out in the car today..lots of people outside the pubs ,I didnt realise you could get 27 people into 2m squares.it seems like a lot of folk dont give a toss any more....now whether thats through cant be bothered ,or people listening to the governments crappy murmurings and then they themselves doing the opposite.We are going out metal detecting next sunday ...the 3 of us travel in our own cars and meet up down there on the fields ..looking forward to it ,

hiya Lav how are you today? hope all is well with you ...I saw a pair of fox cubs playing in the field this morning ..they would struggle to get into my garden ,and definitely would have an issue getting out here is one of them ...in the bottom right there is a bit of wiring ..that is my fence ..shows how close they were

20200805_062257 (1).jpg

you take care .

hiya Pauly ...glad Brad is ok .is it a write off or repairable?are you ok too.stay safe

hiy ppqp,,,likewise no translation required..no I havent used essential oils but its worth a shot!no mention of cards?

Julie is tracing her family history she is into that in a big way ...Ive already done mine..Adam and Eve..she has just found the passenger list for the SS William A Holbrook an American troopship she was a GI bride married in the March ,off to the states April..her son ,Julies cousin served in the USMC for quite a number of years .

take care all..

I’ve decided to dress as a different bread everyday next week.

Roll on Monday.

US Presidents often get wrongly blamed for outbreaks of disease

Fingers were pointed at Woodrow Wilson during the 1918 Spanish Flu
                      Ronald Reagan was not responsible for AIDS in the 1980s
                      George W Bush did not cause the SARS outbreak
                      Donald Trump, this year’s Coronavirus pandemic was not his fault
                      Bill Clinton and Herpes....oh....hang on a minute....

I once took a flight with ten grand's worth of coke on me.

The can prices in those airport vending machines are fcking atrocious.

Can't beat wearing a mask in Cash Generator.

Some smackhead has just sold me a 60" TV for £25.

The Spanish word for 'cat' is 'gato'.

In China they pronounce it 'gateau'.

Telephone rings, eventually an automated answer system kicks in.
                      Press 1 to check your appointment
                      Press 2 to cancel your appointment
                      Press 3 to change your appointment
                      Press 4 to speak to one of our ‘receptionists’
                      Patient presses button 4
                      Listens to sh.te music for 8 minutes, then another automated announcement.
                      “Hello, thank you for contacting the Department of Urology, we are very busy at present, you are currently caller number 37.......please hold”

In China, scientists may have found the first 2 billion-year-old birthmark of Earth’s first supercontinent.

With a blue face mask stuck round it.

right all big shout time..

Comment

Hey Abbers, happy Saturday

Mick, sorry about all the heat & rain, gets super tiresome!
                        Yeah, that fox is a bit too close for comfort as far as I’m concerned. Maybe you can rig up some alarm device that’s motion activated if he gets too close to your fence.
                        I bet you’ll have a good time detecting next weekend, it’s been a while

No rain today which is nice for a change! My yard has several giant mushrooms growing due to all the excess moisture haha!
                        Baby chicks are growing & happy, sprouting some feathers.
                        AF3F7E47-17AB-4731-B947-3C79272A5A38.jpg

Hello to PQ, Det, Pie, Sam, Pauly & Cyn!

Have a decent night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                        X