Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 23 rd aug .

Greetings Abbers,

Pie I am watching the news now & the hurricane is now a Cat 4! I’d sure as hell get out of the way of that monster. I hope everyone takes heed & gets to safety somehow. Be careful :hug:

PQ, YB worked part time with a guy who builds & installs computer systems for companies so YB learned a lot over the years. At this point though if we had that big of an issue here we would have to call for help, haha! Good luck getting that fixed!
    I think I found an owl design that will work for the mask, I’ll test it out later tonight.

Had a message from Mick that he couldn’t post today. Said they’re at the end of the storm & he’s busy working on his trains

I met my 2 friends for lunch today which was a nice break. We all appreciate one another, no fuss.
    Not much else happening so I’ll go test out the owl design & see if it’s a go.

Hello to Pauly, Det, Sam, Mick & Cyn.

Have a nice night all!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Frig...just lost my post! Where's the auto recovery!!! So this time around it'll be shorter as I have to get ready for bridge.

Pi...glad to hear the forecast has improved. I would hate to deal with anything during this pandemic. Hard enough just to get up in the morning. LOL

TG...so good to see you post. Been thinking of you too. :hug:

Lav...everything seems to be working ok, knock wood. Now if I can just get our email provider to actually talk to me I'd be laughing. Had a productive day and looks like I may get the backlog finished by the end of the week. I'm excited to see what you came up with for the owl.

Mick...thanks for the train pics, figured it must still be storming there if you're up in the loft.

Shout out to the rest of the gang.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

mae all ..howzwee today then ..?hope all is well.I tried to get on here yesterday but it kept telling me I wasnt logged in .....AFTER Id written the post!!so thats another shed full of words Ive donated to the words flying round the ether .
        Spent a good while yesterday on the locos ..scrapyard is coming on a bit...did some work in the conservatory ...I have got some solar lights that "flame flicker"so Ive put them in ..they look really god and give off like an old flame torch ..nice to just sit there and watch the darkened world go by.
        Bonnie is doing great ..kind of looked at me as if to say what was the fuss about ..but Jeeves and her are jotting about together now ...strange as it may seem ,when she was poorly ,he never went near her...
        The trouble is the medication I have is nearly finished ,and I cant get any more .vets wont give it out ,and yet because I had a little bit at home ,the vet reckons I saved her life literally .I cant get it anywhere ..Cisapride so if anyone in the world can help Im happy to pay ..please pm me .

ppqp..thanks for your donation to the word universe also!! I saw you mention owls ...There has been a massive decrease in the number of owls born over here this season..a study has shown that it is linked to the change in weather patterns in the uk...the continued rain apparently dampens their ardour ..Too wet to woo ok ok ok ...I thought it was funny Ill get ma coat ...

teegee ....a hooooooooooooooooooge hug to you lovely to "see"you .Thought of you a lot ,as did many of us ,but didnt want to pester you .welcome to the dodgy internet gang .x

Hiya Lav hows you then?good I hope.You met 2 friends for lunch did you ? glad you enjoyed it .......Im now the owner of a sewing machine ..my mate messaged me ..he was clearing out his mums house ...you know anyone that could use it ..now you know me ...refuse nothing but blows ..Julie just sighs and shakes her head .....Is the owl design for night sift workers?you dont usually see owls in the day..think Ive done the owl bit in now ...

hiya pauly ..you ok?hope all is well with you and yours .

The removal man cleared my house but left one boxed game on my living room floor.
        He said "I'm sorry I have a terrible addiction to board games and have been in recovery for 5 years"
        I said "just put this world domination strategy game in your van and we are done"
        He replied "I'm sorry I just can't take the Risk"

My "How to wean off Facebook" group is really proving popular. Incredible lengthy discussions on the topic. 100's of ideas, video sharing tips etc. come and join us....

I went into a Chinese takeaway and ordered a prawn curry. The guy taking my order asked me, “You want boiled lice with it?” I assumed it was his accent, so I said yes. It was when he started to rub his hair vigorously over a pot of boiling water that I left in a hurry!

A man returns home a day early from a business trip. It's after midnight. While en route home he asks the cabby if he would be a witness. The man suspects his wife is having an affair and he wants to catch her in the act.

For $100, the cabby agrees. Quietly arriving home, the husband and cabby tiptoe into the bedroom. The husband switches on the lights, yanks the blanket back and there is his wife in bed with another man!

The husband puts a gun to the naked man's head. The wife shouts, 'Don't do it! I lied when I told you I inherited money. HE paid for the Corvette I gave you. HE paid for our new cabin cruiser. HE paid for your season football tickets. HE paid for our house at the lake HE paid for our country club membership, and HE even pays the monthly dues!'

Shaking his head from side-to-side, the husband lowers the gun. He looks over at the cabby and says, 'What would you do?

The cabby replies, 'I'd cover his ass with that blanket before he catches cold.'

Perfect Puns

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall - and a pretty good spring and summer, too.

I knew I had gone too far when I cheated the convicted gem smuggler. I had crossed the ruby con.

Just in time for Thanksgiving a blockbuster movie about sweet potatoes, 'The Silence of the Yams'.

When the lumberjack accidentally let his chainsaw slip he quickly became lacked toes intolerant.

Even though Ashley was blind and under arrest, she still had hope that someone would brail her out.

How do farmers make crop circles? With a protractor.

I'll never forget that rainstorm near Los Angeles and how the rain came down in Torrance.

When thunderstorms felt that they weren't getting paid enough, they went on a lightning strike.

Where do peas have their sight tested? In an iPod.

A bee's dream is to someday live in Pollenisia.

Some resist having the 'flu jab but it's quite innocuous.

I wanted to be a clarinettist but I couldn't reed music.

My first job was peddling designer clothing. I was a Dior to Dior salesman.

You don't know anything at all about ancient Egypt? Tut, tut, tut.

I once considered becoming a monk when I was young but I was cloisterphobic.

They say curiosity killed the cat, and they weren't kitten.

The Biomedical Engineer didn't have the heart to check the EKG machine.

She didn't like her masseuse, she rubbed her the wrong way.

Smartly dressed poultry would be called chic hens.

Pompous male bees are often known to drone on about themselves.

A very tired nurse walks into a bank, totally exhausted after an 18-hour shift.

Preparing to write a check, she pulls a rectal thermometer out of her purse and tries to write with it.

When she realizes her mistake, she looks at the flabbergasted teller and without missing a beat, she says:

'Well, that's great....that's just great.... Some asshole's got my pen'!

A Florida couple, both well into their 80s, go to a sex therapist's office.

The doctor asks, 'What can I do for you?'

The man says, 'Will you watch us have sexual intercourse?'

The doctor raises both eyebrows, but he is so amazed that such an elderly couple is asking for sexual advice that he agrees. When the couple finishes, the doctor says, 'There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you have intercourse.' He thanks them for coming, he wishes them good luck, he charges them $50 and he says goodbye.

The next week, the same couple returns and asks the sex therapist to watch again. The sex therapist is a bit puzzled, but agrees. This happens several weeks in a row. The couple makes an appointment, has intercourse with no problems, pays the doctor, then leave.

Finally, after 3 months of this routine, the doctor says, 'I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Just what are you trying to find out?'

The man says, 'We're not trying to find out anything...

She's married; so we can't go to her house.

I'm married; and we can't go to my house.

The Holiday Inn charges $98.

The Hilton charges $139.

We do it here for $50, and Medicare pays $43 of that, so it only costs me $7.

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.
        All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good..

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
        I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
        I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So... here's my cheque book, car-keys, credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this. further, you'll have to catch me first, cause... Tag! You're it!

(If only it could be this easy but we really don't need to resign, we can live live simply again. We can live as a kid again for the moment just for the day).
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Cyn! So wonderful to hear from youyou've been so amazing through all that's gone on, you're an inspiration, Mick fab jokes haha, Pie, keep safe and I hope you guys don't get hit with anything harder than some rain, Lav, glad you got to have lunch with your friends, this feels like the longest week ever! Just been feeling kinda weird, weak and just spacey creepy, I'm chalking it up to hormones, hi PQ and Det hope we all have a great BF Thursday!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

All’s well here. We didn’t even get any rain.

Mick, Google says that Cisapride was removed from the UK market in July, but is still available in the US and Canada. Take a look at ordering from River Pharmacy in Canada. Covid has thrown a wrench into their shipping out of Mumbai, but maybe that will even out. Tried unsuccessfully to post a link for you.

Just checked. River doesn’t carry Cisapride. Looks like Reglan might be an alternative. Maybe be your vet can provide that one. Good luck!
            Last edited by Pie; August 27, 2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

hiya Pie ..thanks a lot ...Ive just looked ..Reglan is metachlopromide in brand name ..yep another motility drug ,but again a prescription only med.Vets are loathe to give out scripts.. simply because ..a)a lot of people dont know what they are doing ,and bit loses them a consultation as well as opening them up to a possible negligence suit if someone killed their pet..I accept that ..but in some cases there should be leeway .without tea and medals ,I guess I have saved my rabbits from gutstasis and death at least 7 times ..now its not unreasonable to think thatI possibly have an idea..Its a get through until I can get them to the vet not instead of .the other night the vet told me to monitor her ,if no improvement then bring her in ..she improved
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it's banned in Canada as well yet then some sites say it's available by prescription. If you do happen to find some in Canada I'm more than happy to supply a mailing address and then send it on. I have learned a lot researching this. LOL I'm glad the peskies are back to normal. I bet the lights in the conservatory look great.

Pi...I can't believe you didn't even get any rain. Aren't you glad you didn't get on a bus. LOL

Pauly...this week is dragging for me too and I've been feeling dragged down if you know what I mean. Woke up this morning to some energy and no inflammation so had a better day. Thought you said you were chalking it up to tomorrow and I wondered what was happening tomorrow. LOL

Lav...you've found the perfect owl. My co-workers will be thrilled with their own personal masks for Halloween. Glad you were able to have lunch with friends, I'm still not there yet. Staying to myself for now. Parents will be bringing kids in for out of school care on Tuesday so will have to hold my breath when I enter and leave the building. Won't be venturing downstairs. We will remain closed to the general public until we see how things go. I'm happy about that.

Shout out to Det, Sam and TG.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Greetings folks,

Hot & way too muggy for comfort here, again.Can’t wait for the next season with more tolerable weather.
                  We made a trip to Costco to stock up & not many people there so it was good.

Cyn, so glad to see you back here. We have all missed you very much :hug:
                  We’ve kept your chair ready for you & hope you can visit often!

Pie, so glad the hurricane was a miss for you! Watching the news I see a lot of folks wern’t so lucky. Electric company crews from PA are on their way to help restore lost power to over half a million folks, geez.

Mick, I had to think for a minute Cisapride sounded familiar to me. Then I remembered we gave it to people way back under the trade name of Propulsid. I wonder what the dosage diffrence is for rabbits vs humans. Just happy Bonnie is doing better

Pauly, the end of summer is always a drag I think. That’s why I like when Fall actually gets here & the air clears & your perspective changes

PQ, yep I’m happy with the owl stitch out so I’ll get the masks made. I want to get them in the mail real soon because you know how screwed up our postal service is......
                  If I was working around kids I would have a mask & a face shield on, we know what germ carriers they are!! Stay away from them & stay safe!

Hello to Det & Sam!

Have a nice night everyone. I’m staying away from the TV tonight because I don’t want to accidentally hear a word coming from the RNC. It’s all BS, smoke & mirrors haha!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, wonder what's up with that particular drug being pulled Mick? Not a narcotic I don't think? I'm glad you've known what to do when the bunnies are sick, they're luckyPQ, I'm tired of feeling drained! Maybe my iron is taking a dump again, yes do keep yourself safe from the germ carriers, Pie, wow not even rain is good! Looked like a terrible thing was headed right there, Lav I haven't watched even a second of any of those convention things, at this point I'm over all of it and decided not to even vote. Much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all ..how are we today then? hope all is well with you..Julie was off work today,so we decided to go and look at vans,we had seen one and wanted to have a look before the mad rush of the crowds tomorrow on the bank holiday.We got there and the one we had seen had been sold ...it had just been advertised!!!As it happened they had some more in that hadnt been serviced valeted etc. and guess what ..we one we liked and bought it ...got a good price for my little an in part ex .We pick it up on the 25th ..its good ..shower, washroom cooker oven fridge etc

InkedIMG-20200828-WA0005_LI.jpg

InkedIMG-20200828-WA0007_LI.jpg

IMG-20200828-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200828-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200828-WA0013.jpg

so that it ...will be living on the drive from now on!!

hiya Pauly ..how are you then? hope all iswell ..has your iron level increased?get some spinach like popeye! hope you have a good weekend .

hiya ppqp..hope all is well with you..glad you are feeling better ...thank you for your kind offer ,I think Im going to struggle to get any .A lot of meds are in tablet form too ,,yep the lights look good ....it could be minus 40 ..but it makes it look warm

hiya Lav hows you then ?all good I hope ..yep I dont think Im any competition for you with the steam driven sewing machine..Im more likely to sew my fingers together....take care and have a good weekend

Hiya tee gee hope you are feeling ok?what are you up to?have you got decent weather to get out and about in?

hi pie hows the world with you today? hope all is well.

right good people have a great weekend...

Masks are to be compulsory in all of Paris from tomorrow.

It's nothing to do with COVID-19.

They're just smelly .

' Trump to visit Gulf Coast this weekend '

I guess it makes a change from visiting the Golf Course.
                      Last edited by Mick; August 28, 2020, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Good evening all!

We just had a quick 2” of rain, geez! This extreme humidity causes these tropical rains, ugh.

Pauly, I am not going to preach BUT you need to know that not voting is a vote for Trump! Please don’t do that. We need to get this fool out of the WH before he destroys what’s left of the nation. Just read to wants to pass a budget that’s taking a TRILLION dollars out of Medicare & SSDI. A lot of us will be left dying like dogs in the street.
                        Yesterday I sauteed a big bag of spinach in a little olive oil & a couple minced cloves of garlic - easy & healthy!!! Takes 3 minutes!!

Mick, CONGRATS on your new purchase! What a great time you will have moving around & seeing the sights
                        So where are you going first???

Hello to PQ, Det, Pie, Sam & Cyn! Hope everyone is OK.
                        Guess I’ll go back to some sewing & embroidering. Turns out there will be a craft show Oct 3 outside so I need to get stocked up.
                        Have a nice night all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...I added B12 to my multi vitamin, D3 mix. I'm not the best at taking them all the time but now have them in a weekly day by day container sitting right in front of me. I'm sure you're over it but not voting is not the answer. Now is the time for everyone to vote. Even though Biden could cause major headaches for our oil industry I'd rather have him in charge.

Mick...NICE SCORE!! That'll make a big difference compared to the mini van. Just make sure you can get internet on your travels so you can stay in touch with us.

Lav...I'll settle for a quick 2" of rain. Ooooh a craft show on Oct 3rd. Bet you could sell a lot of Halloween masks. Went in early and was planning on taking the afternoon off but alas best laid plans. Very busy day trying to finalize childcare cohorts. Home now so time to relax.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pi and TG....hope you're all good. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hiya all how are we then ? hope all is well with you ..and guess what its raining again..supposed to be going detecting tomorrow .You know what Lav?thats a pretty good idea from ppqp..re the masks good move with some of the proceeds to charity ..or the grot fund (Get Rid Of Trump).Well Ive now got to find a little car to run around in on a daily basis now ..Julie has already told me that I am making nothing for the van ...and definitely no black tape and cardboard adjustments!!The intention will be over time see the whole of Britain ..We are going to Snowdonia in Wales first ..

hope everyone has a good weekend x

A dung beetle walks into a bar and says to the bartender " Excuse me, is this stool taken?"

Me and my dog, Shark, always have a lovely peaceful time at the beach. As soon as I call him people just fck off.

Knock Knock!!

Who's there?

Irish Burglar

I thank The Lord for my daily bread.
                            I thank the lack of security at Tesco Express for my meat, fish, dairy products and alcohol.

Paddy's on Mastermind.
                            Magnus Magnusson says "what's your specialist subject Paddy"?
                            "I'd like to answer questions on Bonanza" says Paddy.
                            "Sorry said Magnus, but we haven't got any questions on Bonanza. Is there anything else you can answer questions on"?
                            "Well I know a bit about religion" says Paddy.
                            "Ok, says Magnus, you've got 2 minutes on religion starting now".
                            "Who was the first man on earth" says Magnus?
                            "I think it was Little Joe" says Paddy.
                            "Sorry says Magnus, it was Adam".
                            "I knew it was one of them damn Cartwright's" says Paddy.

What did the Buddhist ask the hot dog vendor?
                            “Make me one with everything.”

You know why you never see elephants hiding up in trees?
                            Because they’re really good at it.

What is red and smells like blue paint?
                            Red paint.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

Where does the General keep his armies?
                            In his sleevies!

Why aren’t koalas actual bears?
                            The don’t meet the koalafications.

A bear walks into a restaurant and say’s “I want a grilllllled………………………………………cheese.” The waiter says “Whats with the pause?”
                            The bear replies “Whaddya mean, I’M A BEAR.”

. What do you call bears with no ears?
                            B

Why dont blind people skydive?
                            Because it scares the crap out of their dogs.

I went in to a pet shop. I said, “Can I buy a goldfish?” The guy said, “Do you want an aquarium?”
                            I said, “I don’t care what star sign it is.”

. What do you get when you cross a dyslexic, an insomniac, and an agnostic?
                            Someone who lays awake at night wondering if there is a dog.

. A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel on his pants, a peg leg and a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, “Hey, you’ve got a steering wheel on your pants.”
                            The pirate says, “Arrrr, I know. It’s driving me nuts.”

. I saw a wino eating grapes.
                            I told him, you gotta wait. (Mitch Hedberg)

What’s brown and sticky?
                            A stick.

. What does a pepper do when it’s angry?
                            It gets jalapeƱo face!

What’s a foot long and slippery?
                            A slipper.

. Two gold fish are in a tank.
                            One looks at the other and says, “You know how to drive this thing?!”

Two soldiers are in a tank.
                            One looks at the other and says, “BLUBLUBBLUBLUBBLUB.”

Comment

Greetings from a soggy Lav-land.
                              You’d think we lived in Britain or something, haha! Today’s crazy downpours are remnants of Hurricane Laura I believe.
                              Tonight a COLD FRONT FROM CANADA is moving in &I can’t wait, Lol

PQ, thanks for the cooler weather on the way, yay!!!
                              I know it won’t last long but it still makes me happy
                              Yeah, I’ll have to decide what to take to the October craft show. I have lots leftover from last year so there’s a start & I’ll add a bunch of masks - good!
                              I hope your weekend is a good one!

Hello to Mick, the guy who can fix anything with cardboard & black tape, haha!
                              Hopefully you will have no need to do any fixing on your new van, just enjoy the trips!
                              Good luck if you do get out detecting tomorrow!

Hello to Pauly, Pie, Det, Sam & Cyn! Hope everyone is doing well.

OK, have a nice night one & all!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                              X