6th september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6th september

Oh well and how are we today then? Hope everyone is doing good . listening to all sorts of rubbish in music ...I was trying to sort out the insurance on both the car and the van "won't be long will just put you on hold" says she I don't know how many symphonies Beethoven wrote but I reckon I've heard most of them today and even then they didn't sort the insurance . weather is lovely ..the rabbits are playing instead of eating the house. Julie's off work taking her dad to the doctors for blood tests... he hasn't been out of the house for 6 months and so far so hasn't had to wear a mask so that should be interesting. I'm now on penicillin tablets prior to getting my face drilled tomorrow and they don't agree with me enough said

best of luck with your scan tomorrow ppqp hope it all goes well for you .

hiya det ...hope you are doing ok and that you are getting on track again.

hey Sam the man ,how are you?hope your cattle are ok mate ..do the coyotes take them?Autumn is definitely on the way in over here too.

hiya Lav ...hows you then?ok I hope ..thats where I go for fuel too ...Costco.bet your daughter is glad to get back to work.They have shut some of the pubs in Bolton ...not far from us..You wont believe this ..but they have found out that pubs are actually collection places for the virus to spread ..Bless me ..who would have thought .I pity any wile e that shows up near your gaff..yep gumsll be sore tomorrow!

Pauly ...paint that gnome ...make it bright and cheery ..oneof the jails I used to work in many moons ago actually made garden gnomes as an industry ...It came to a sad end though after numerous complaints ..dodgy gnomes ..bits aded bits hanging out ..you get the drift!!

a big hello to everyone else ..

My cat just swallowed £20

At least I know there be some money in the kitty for the vets bill.

The seven dwarfs go to the Vatican , and because they are the seven dwarfs, they are immediately ushered in to see the Pope.
    Grumpy leads the pack.
    'Grumpy, my son,' says the Pope, 'What can I do for you?'
    Grumpy asks, 'Excuse me your Excellency, but are there any dwarf nuns in Rome ?'
    The Pope wrinkles his brow at the odd question, thinks for a moment and answers, 'No, Grumpy, there are no dwarf nuns in Rome .'
    In the background, a few of the dwarfs start giggling.
    Grumpy turns around and glares, silencing them.
    Grumpy turns back, 'Your Worship, are there any dwarf nuns in all of Europe ?'
    The Pope, puzzled now, again thinks for a moment and then answers, 'No, Grumpy, there are no dwarf nuns in Europe .
    Grumpy then says, 'Mr.. Pope! Are there ANY dwarf nuns anywhere in the world?'
    The Pope, really confused by the questions says, 'I'm sorry, my son, there are no dwarf nuns anywhere in the world.'
    The other dwarfs collapse into a heap, rolling and laughing, pounding the floor, tears rolling down their cheeks, as they begin chanting......
    'Grumpy humped a penguin!'
    'Grumpy humped a penguin."
    Last edited by Mick; September 9, 2020, 08:57 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I haven't been to a thrift shop in ages just cuz I'm tired of looking at junk haha, I know there's some awesome finds but I just can't wade through all that stuff plus it seems like the ones here just want to make a big profit cuz the prices are stupidly high for used crap, Det, I in no way ever assumed you drank, I was so shocked! I'm sure this is Darlene's first time seeing you drink, how'd she deal with it? If I'm being nosey don't answer, good advice from Mick tho to reach out, I know how hard it is to do that when you're depressed though too Lav, the diaper aisle is super confusing these days, do I want extra soft? Moveable? Dye and scent free? Extra absorbance or regular? Overnight or daytime? Aaaahhh just give me some daipers that fit the kid haha! Too many choices my head spins, PQ, hope you got to decompress last night, I've been playing a game on my phone which helps to forget the world, many times I've been frustrated and wanted to delete it but no it helps me and my brain deal for now, colored my niece(hubs niece) yesterday and it brought out alot of emotions just cuz she was close to his mom so I just felt sad that she's not here with us anymore, I was surprised she's only 6 years younger than me, I just always saw her as a kid when hubs and I met it was weird haha,Sam, there's gotta be something you can do about the coyotes? I wouldn't want to be hunting at night either, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF whatever day it is hah!
      Last edited by paulywogg; September 9, 2020, 08:32 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

heya ABers of all lands,

thanks all so much, yes getting stronger by the day here and while reaching out is an ace idea that I'm often able to employ, sometimes
        my depression causes me to just clam up and shut down which isn't good.

finally got my ass a doc appointment so tomorrow going in for a consult. been years since I've had any bloodwork etc done

4 shoots today so I'm going to be beat tonight as my endurance is still low but we'll get there.

Pauly, Darlene was quite concerned which is natural and just wants to see me healthy and happy. she's a gem, really.

PPQ, good job on not assuming extra stresses that aren't yours.

shouts to Lav and Sam. Coyotes are such little ninjas they are hard to deal with or keep out.

must make another cuppa and prep my gear.

thanks again everyone and be well for now m'loves.
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Bolton spike in coronavirus cases 'directly linked' to pubs, says Council leader - LBC well well who would have thought!!!!

glad you are ok det get it together mate ..we all get depressed mate every one of us for different reasons..none of us should be embarrassed to ask for help ..Ive been helped an helped others ,theres nothing to be ashamed embarrassed about ..it doesnt mean you are soft weak or nothing ..I make a promise to each and everyone one of you now..you ever want to talk to me then please do so ..the conversation will be ours and ours alone ...I would also suggest that any one of us would do that too.
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Enjoying a dinner visit with my grandson at his request, haha! Haven’t seen him since the funeral for his other grandmother Aug 16. Will have to return him before dark.

Sam, I bought an electronic device & stuck it in the ground outside the fenced yard for the chickens. They have stayed away until very recently, making an appearance at night on the trail camera set up behind the chicken house. I would have to look but I’m pretty sure there are similar devices to scare off coyotes. I got mine on Amazon. Good luck. Humid here too, flood warnings for tomorrow!

Mick, wishing you the best on your dental procedure. Antibiotics can be rough on the system.
            People are still angry that they cannot sit at bars yet. You can go inside, order a meal & drink but you just can’t sit there & drink. Geez, who cares? Maybe if the bars stay closed we would have a healthier population, Lol

Det, glad you are feeling a bit better. Please be sure to talk to the doc about what happened, be open & be completely honest. It seems that these depressive episodes almost always lead you back to drinking. I know even for myself taking care of the depression first had to happen before I could completely let go of the alcohol. You can do this!!!

Hello to PQ! I can mail your masks anytime you like you like so let me know. Hope your day was fabulous & your CT scan went well.

Hello to Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night all. Gotta take this kid home

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...glad to hear your g/daughter is doing well with her virtual classroom. (For some reason I keep thinking of "The Jetsons". LOL Flexibility is definitely for the young, isn't it! The odd thing about buying baby items is when you're standing in line to pay for it you start bouncing, as if you're holding a baby. I love the fact that your g/son requests dinner visits with grandma. I remember my son (when he was quite young) asking his Dad why my cooking doesn't taste like grandmas? His response was, grandma's had more practice. My husband was able to live another day. LOL Sent you an email about the masks, again thanks for making them.

Sam...you gotta get yourself a donkey. https://www.johndeerehomestead.com/2...key-guardians/
              I just laughed with "Brought the cat inside!" Good for you.

Mick...I couldn't figure out why you would be sitting and listening to "rubbish music" and then it all made sense. LOL Glad to hear the rabbits are behaving themselves. At least Julie's dad will get out of the house. I remember taking my dad to dr. visits, something that would take 30 min turned into 3 hours! Thanks MIck, I'll take my CT scan over your drilling any day. Shudder. The email migration to the new platform went better than I'd hoped. No issues came up. Was in early and out early then got a text reminder about bridge tonight. Hope I can stay awake for it.

Pauly...our neighbourhood thrift store has stupidly high prices as well. It's called Goodwill and when I googled them they are actually a for profit business. Go figure. Hence I don't shop there. Actually had a good night till about 1am when the neighbours went at it again. Watched some guy march into the condo armed with 2 knives shouting bring it on, call the F'n cops. Shortly after that all was quiet, I don't want to know.

Det...I agree with Lav, give the doc the whole story so he can help you to the best of his ability. Blood work is a good start. I'm glad you're still doing shoots, that will help with your self esteem. You really do have a gem in Darlene. I hope you tell her that often.

Pi...thinking of you and hope you're ok. Check in with us ok?

Keeping it simple for dinner so having breakfast. LOL Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

LOOK!!!!!!!! Road Runner - - Episode 43 - YouTube now go on tell me how many didnt watch it ....

Comment

I didn't.....video not available in my country :stompy2:

Comment

Hi all how are you doing question mark just a quick shout as I am outside the dentist now just about to go and get my face ripped up bit overdramatic maybe but we shall see hope everyone is ok take care speak to you later bye for now

Comment

Mae everybody, Det, glad you're gonna be doing some work that's a good distraction, PQ, I hate goodwill! It smells bad and yep super pricey! I like to donate my clothes to the women and children's shelter cuz I buy alot of stuff that I'll wear once and I'm sick of it, I have a taste for"young" clothes and if one of my items can make a teenager from a bad home feel happy then I'm all for it but they're really not taking donations atm cuz of what else covid! So they'll just stay in the back of my car for now unless I get desperate and drop them at goodwill One lady I work with was SO sick yesterday! I told her to go home but she says she has too many bills, wonder if she's gonna try to show up today? She's not even supposed to be working if she's sick, I know she's been tested for civid but that was a few weeks ago before her colonoscopy, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

thats me back again ...one seriously sore mouth 6 injections 5 stitches and 2 abutments fitted,,but wow .it hurts ..hope the woman at your work is ok pauly..I see Boris has been taking lessons from your loony in charge ..they reckon they are going to do 10 million tests a week.yawn.

Rave at my place tonight, if anyone's interested. We're following the new guidelines.

Six and drugs and rock and roll.

I turned up at hospital last night because I honestly feared I'd been bitten by a poisonous spider.

It was then unbelievable and my heart sank when a doctor came out and said, "Sorry, our emergency service is overwhelmed by Covid patients... we might not be able to see you for weeks."

He just looked at me sadly, and then he laughed... "No, come on in and let's take a look.... There's never anyone in here and we're bored out of our minds, so all we do are these kinds of jokes."

A man boarded an airplane in Sydney, Australia, with a box of crabs. A female crew member took it and promised to put it in the crew's refrigerator, which she did.

Shortly before landing, she couldn't remember who gave her the package, so she announced to the entire cabin, "Would the gentleman who gave me the crabs in Sydney please raise your hand?"

Not one hand went up.

So she took them home and ate them herself.

Have you heard about the new morning after pill for men?

You take it the next morning and it changes your blood type.

The Flight Stewardess
                        The one I've always liked was about the (alleged to be true, but who knows?) unintentional cabin announcement after a particularly rough landing.

Upon getting safely (albeit roughly) on the ground and making the obligatory "Welcome to wherever ..." announcement to the cabin the pilot forgot to release his mic switch (or it stuck) and turned to the first officer to exclaim: "Gawd Almighty, that was a rough one. Right now all I want is a beer and blow-job".

One of the stewardesses in the cabin, in a panic to alert the pilot that his mic' is on, dashes toward the cabin door.

At which point a helpful passenger calls out "Don't forget the beer"!

Thoughts on Exercise
                        The only reason I would take up jogging is so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.

I don't exercise at all. If God meant us to touch our toes, he would have put them further up our body.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.

I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them.

The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier.

Harry Henpecked had been ordered by his wife to buy only organic vegetables from the market garden.

"These vegetables are for my wife," he said. "Have they been sprayed with any poisonous chemicals?"

"No," said the gardener, "you'll have to do that yourself."

What is the difference between girls/woman aged: 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, 68 and 78?

At 8 -- You take her to bed and tell her a story.

At 18 -- You tell her a story and take her to bed.

At 28 -- You don't need to tell her a story to take her to bed.

At 38 -- She tells you a story and takes you to bed

At 48 -- She tells you a story to avoid going to bed.

At 58 -- You stay in bed to avoid her story.

At 68 -- If you take her to bed, that'll be a story!

At 78 -- What story??? What bed??? Who the hell are you???

Discrimination Against Batchelors
                        In a small town in the US, there is a rather sizable factory that hires only married men. Concerned about this, a local woman called on the manager and asked him, "Why is it you limit your employees to married men? Is it because you think women are weak, dumb, cantankerous... or what?"

"Not at all, Ma'am," the manager replied. "It is because our employees are used to obeying orders, are accustomed to being shoved around, know how to keep their mouths shut and don't pout when I yell at them."

Sid the inventor is struggling through Birmingham New Street railway station with two huge and obviously heavy suitcases when a stranger walks up to him and asks, "Have you got the time?"

Sid sighs, puts down the suitcases and glances at his wrist. "It's a quarter to four," he says.

"Hey, that's a pretty fancy watch!" exclaims the stranger. Sid brightens a little.

"Yeah, it's not bad. I've been working on it for a while. Have a look at this..." - and he shows him a time zone display not just for every time zone in the world, but for the 200 largest cities.

He hits a few buttons and from somewhere on the watch a voice says, "The time is ten fourdy seven AM," in a New York accent. A few more buttons and the same voice says something in Japanese. Sid continues, "I've put in regional accents for each city." The display is unbelievably high quality and the voice is simply astounding.

The stranger is struck dumb with admiration. "That's not all," says Sid. He pushes a few more buttons and a tiny but very high-resolution map of central Birmingham appears on the display. "The flashing dot shows our location by GPS," explains Sid. "View recede ten," he adds, and the display changes to show the entire West Midlands.

"I want to buy this watch!" gasps the stranger.

"Oh, no, it's not ready for sale yet; I'm still working out the bugs," says Sid. "But look at this!" and he proceeds to demonstrate that the watch is also a very creditable little digital radio receiver, a sonar device that can measure distances up to 125 metres, a pager with thermal paper printout and, most impressive of all, an audio player capable of storing voice recordings of up to 300 standard-size books, "though I've only got 32 of my favourites in there so far," says Sid.

"I've got to have this watch!" insists the stranger.

"No, you don't understand; it's not ready-"

"I'll give you £1,000 for it!"

"Oh, no, I've already spent more than-"

"I'll give you £3,000 for it!"

"But it's just not-"

"I'll give you £5,000 for it!" And the stranger pulls out a large wad of fifty-pound notes.

Sid stops to think. He's only put about £3,500 into materials and development, and with £5,000 he can make another one and have it ready for marketing in only six months. The stranger frantically finishes counting out the money and waves it in front of him. "Here it is, ready to hand to you right here and now. £5,000. Take it or leave it."

Sid abruptly makes his decision. "OK," he says, and peels off the watch.

They make the exchange and the stranger starts happily away. "Hey, wait a minute!" calls Sid after the stranger, who turns around warily. Sid points to the two suitcases he's been trying to drag through the station. "Don't forget your batteries."

A grandfather went to visit his college-age grandson at the dorm. Grandpa was astonished to find that the boy was living a life of sin and corruption, as shown by the very high-heeled shoe nailed over the doorway.

"In my day," grumbled Gramps, "we would hang a horse shoe over the door for luck and then study late into the night hoping to pass our classes."

"But grandpa," replied the grandson, "that IS a whore's shoe."

Comment

Good evening all,

Mick, glad to see you made it thru your procedure! Just follow the post op directions & behave yourself, you’ll be OK.
                          I couldn’t watch the youtube video either.

Pauly, sorry you had to be exposed to that woman’s illness, whatever it may be. I wish people had more sense & just stay home when they’re sick, the bills can wait.

PQ the kid that was here for dinner last night ended up licking his plate . I know he like my cooking but geez.
                          I think it’s a really good thing we don’t kill our spouses when they make offhand comments, Lol. My Mom used to threaten to put ground up glass in my dad’s applesauce, haha!!
                          Glad your work stuff is going smoothly!

Det, hope you’re feeling better today!

Hello to Pie, Sam & Cyn!

Waiting for tropical rain, up to 2-3 inches tonight ~ swell. Wish it would rain like this on the west coast & smother the fires out there.
                          Wishing everyone a decent night!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...was thinking of you today. My whole face hurt just reading your post. You take it easy and follow the rules. Mashed potatoes, no popcorn. Got to my CT scan early (wasn't sure what traffic was going to be like), went in right away and it took 3 mins. I can't even complain about my arm hurting where they injected the dye. Doc will get the results sometime next week and we'll go from there. Enjoyed the jokes today, thanks.

Pauly...I also donate to the women's shelter. Although I've never needed them I came close a couple of times during my explosive marriage. I hope your co-worker didn't show up today. I have been extremely lucky to continue to get my full pay during all of this.

Lav...ground up glass in his apple sauce...now I want sausages and apple sauce. LOL Can you tell I haven't eaten yet? Just got a notice that the condo association is redoing our deck and everything has to be removed from it. Of course it's stacked full of everything son had to move from his place. Other son said, don't worry about it, we'll take care of it. So I'm not. LOL

Sam, Det, Pi, TG...you're always in my thoughts and hoping all is going good.

Must decide what to fill my tummy with. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody,PQ,what'd you end up having last night? I think my coworker was just hungover, she has cirrhosis and isn't even supposed to be feckin drinking but yep still does and is in denial about it, she told a guy she doesn't drink anymore and I heard him say"you just told me on the phone you were drinking a week ago" she got all quiet after that haha, Mick, why the problems with the teeth? I thought you got a new set? One of my customers was so excited to show me his new dentures yesterday, they looked great and I told him it's sad he doesn't get to show them off cuz if the masks, Lav, grammas cooking is always the best for some reason, glad you're spending time with him, wonderful memories he'll remember for the rest of his life ugh watching the news and they just mentioned it's 9/11 damn that was a shitty day all those years ago much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Comment

Good evening all.

Yep Pauly this is the 19th anniversary of 9/11. I’ll never forget the horror of that day & the loss of nearly 3000 lives.
                                Little did we know that we’d end up fighting wars all these years since
                                Yeah I guess having cirrhosis would make you feel a little sick. WTH is wrong with her besides an obvious death wish?

Had a low key kind of day, did a little of this & a little of that, haha!! Lacking a bit of motivation I guess!

PQ, glad your CT is done, hope it turns out OK.
                                Sounds like it’s time for your son to rent a storage locker for his stuff. I wouldn’t want all that on my deck, haha! There’s a package on the way to you. Here’s hoping it goes in the right direction this time.

Mick, hope you are OK dude. Thinking of you :hug:

Det, let us know how you’re doing.

Hello to Pie, Sam & Cyn!

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                                Lav
                                Last edited by Lavande; September 11, 2020, 05:04 PM.
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X