Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Septictember 20

morning all,
    PQ, got fence mended, almost finished mowing his fields. Pretty telling when I'm the youngest of my neighbors at 65! The other two were pretty hobbled and worn out when we finished, something to look forward to I guess.
    Lav, definitely getting dark a bit sooner Time change at the end of Oct? correct?
    Det, do what you got to for yourself. Politics has been very ugly and it feels like it will only get worse. I can get very anxious about it myself.
    Mick, you asked awhile back of the family thing, it is in a holding pattern till the next time. I actually contacted a mediator and I'll see where it goes from there.
    Pauly, sleep is a wonderful thing, very restorative, eh?

well for now, many meetings today, one mountain job coming up??

later......
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I'm next in the list for a car cleaning, the front isn't bad but it's a Durango with 3 seating areas plus the trunk so get on it haha! Wonder what was up with the sword situation? PQ, I read that some people taste soap when the eat cilantro, only some of the population can eat it, isn't that weird? I love it and when I get an order for it from someone's grocery list I always crush one of the leaves to get that smell haha, Sam, good to see you, Det, grrrr gated communities piss me off! Especially when I deliver their groceries and they don't have the common courtesy to leave the code, I just wanna dump the shit there and leave! I watch the news with one eye open, I get fomo if I don't watch but I get frustrated when I do watch, Lav, yep it's always weird when seasons change, sleep pattern gets messed up even though we don't have the sudden weather changes like other places do, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Wednesday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello all and how are we today then? Hope everyone is well . raining today day I was going to wash the van but that isn't happening I will get it done tomorrow but in the meantime most of today is sorting out documentation. Got my new glasses last week, they are quite strange to get used to to ...bifocals so I can read close up with them and yet also see a good distance it's strange not having 27 pairs of glasses stuck on the back of your head

Hiya det how are you then today mate? How did the shoot go ? We have got the same sort of Media rubbish over here although some of it is warranted the government strategies are as much use as a chocolate fireguard ,pubs are still staying open, but they have got to close at 10 p.m. at night now you can't go into each others houses yet you can all go to the pub ?that really does not make too much sense at all all .yep crime is on the increase that's my pension protected!! haha take care my friend look after yourself

Hiya pauly how are you today then ? hope all is well with you so so you wanted to sleep longer but not for too long a longer that is longer than short but shorter than too long ? easy huh?How is work doing with you by the way? Is it still like working in the asylum or has it all calmed down

Hiya lav how are you today then ? hope all is well. Like you I keep forgetting things ... putting things away and safe places but forgetting with the safe place is is. Fortunately I still have my searching skills from years gone by so when something is lost it's a case of turning the joint over !yep that was it, the armed response turned out for the swordsman and his mate and it was definitely only the cigs and booze that that were taken the most of the booze was launched on the way up the road .Don't forget an armed robber over here is not usually in possession of a firearm.. knives crossbows bladed articles yes but not too often firearms so the emphasis is a bit different here. Hope you have a great day

Hiya ppqp how are you then? hope all is well with you yes as lav so such a clip put it your boss is as much use as tits on a fish I filled the blanks in. So you'll have to get creative with your cooking do you? it's amazing what the addition of some spices seasoning does to things have a look at these recipes these are the ones we get delivered and you can see just by adding little bits and pieces you can change a meal completely

Recipes | Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas | Gousto

And how's Sam the man doing? Hope all is well and things are working out for you

Right folks take care have a great day
        Last edited by Mick; September 23, 2020, 08:33 AM.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just back from my walk & I see the hayfields are now empty. Perhaps that’s the reason I’ve been sneezing my head off all week
          Anyway we stopped for a chat with the friendly horses & they send greetings to all!

PQ, with a little luck those Halloween masks will arrive before the big day, haha!
          No plans here in cow country, no trick-or-treaters anyway. My grandsons & granddaughter are concerned because they usually are able to go door to door. The CDC is recommending that the kids do not go out this year, bummer.

Sam, I hear talk of doing away with the time changes. I know the Amish farmers around here do their own thing anyway. They just have to wait a little longer for their drivers to show up. Lol
          Hope your day was good!

Pauly, cilantro & Early Gray tea both taste the same to me, yucky haha!! I skip the cilantro in any recipe I use & no one knows any different.
          I wonder how much longer people are going to want to use the delivery service? Maybe longer than we think since the fall may bring more covid/flu cases. I hope they make it worth your while!

Mick, be careful on the steps until you get used to the bifocals. Scared myself quite a few times until I learned to just take them off. I just never adjusted properly. It is nice to be able to read labels in. The supermarket though.
          I don’t envy your police having to deal with thieves with knives, ugh! The restaurant & tavern owners here are mad as hell because they are still operating at a reduced capacity. I just don’t understand how they could justify filling their establishments with Covid still here sickening & killing people.

Hello to Pie. Please let us know you’re OK.

Hello to Det & Cyn too.

Must go lock up the chickens for the night.
          Have a good one everybody!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...we we're the youngest when we bought our ranch and one of the neighbours asked if I'd help with their garden. It was 1/2 acre surrounded by huge firs trees. Needless to say I was not available the next time I was asked. LOL Just keep telling yourself, keeping active will keep you young.

Pauly...the saying about cilantro must be true, you either love it or hate it. Soap could be the taste I get but I'd have to try some soap to find out.

Mick...just throw some cilantro on the van and let the rain do the rest. LOL Thanks for the link to the recipes, I have it book marked and will be checking it out.

Lav...I don't think I've ever had Earl Gray tea and I don't think I'll bother trying it now. LOL I bet the sneezing improves now. I believe the delivery service will continue for quite some time. I may even try it out.

Have a bridge game scheduled for tonight so must get dinner over and done with. Have a great evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

whew! heya ABeroooos!

keeping on the positive side best I can in spite of craziness. Very nearly got creamed by a totally out of control driver that screeched around my car
              and T-boned the car immediately behind me. missed me by about 3 feet. Boy did my heart rate jump!

otherwise just a day of snapping pics and making the world go around as best I can.

cilantro is certainly not for everyone! thankfully I like it

Pauly, yeah guard gates and coded gates are certainly cramping my style but I can't blame folks
              for wanting to be a bit more secure.

Sam, yes good sleep is indeed a blessing.

didn't make the gym last night as we went to costco where I got a membership for the first time in about 12 years and then
              of course the obligatory shopping madness ensued and then the game of 'freezer tetris' afterwords. So... gym tonight for sure,
              then oven roasted chicken. Unless I'm up for being in the heat BBQ'ing it. we'll see.

Mick, criminals using crossbows? yikes! those will punch right through police armor like it's not there. super scary.

PPQ, we want to do Halloween but our spineless governor keeps changing his mind and we have no idea yet if we can even
              allow girly to trick-or-treat at all. How ironic is that? the only holiday where masks are appropriate. We'll see.

anyone see the huge number of close-calls we've been getting with asteroids? it's like a swarm of them has been coming our
              way.

time to find gym clothes....

be well loves!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick that's some crazy weapons choices for robberies yikes, Det, these drivers are stupid around here, more so lately in a rush to get nowhere! Glad you're ok,I'm doing Halloween regardless of what the governor says,if nobody comes by then I'll have plenty of candy for myself, Lav, the service I'm delivering for has been around since 2012 so I think what started out as a luxury has trickled down to regular people just not wanting to go to the store outta laziness haha, I get some deliveries where all they want is chips and soda, I only do those when I'm sitting at home and it's close, PQ, I use the delivery for myself cuz I like this store called Smart and Final it's kind of a bulk store but I don't like going in there, it's not as big as costco but they have awesome paper plates and stuff and it's pretty cheap, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Thursday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hiya all..well it's been a busy day today .l have been cleaning the old van most of the day it's mint now but it has taken all day.pick up the new one in the morning
                  Actually I wouldn't bother with earl grey tea...its like strained socks
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Thanks for your thoughts on the Early Grey tea - gag, haha!! It sounds so upper class but like Mick said, it tastes like socks.

Mick, hope your van pick up goes smoothly! I bet you can’t wait to take it out on it’s maiden voyage

Pauly, sending someone out to buy your chips & soda has got to be the ultimate laziness, LOL
                    The Amish run warehouse type stores around here called BBs. You have to check expiration dates on things but you can find good bargains. Paper products are pretty cheap there too.

Det, glad you’re safe after that harrowing experience. People are just insane on the roads. It’s extra dangerous around here when it snows but those fools don’t know Enough to SLOW down, geez.
                    I did zero cooking outside all summer, it was just too hot. Now that’s it’s cooler out I will do some outdoor cookking.

PQ, hope your day was good & the boss wasn’t too annoying, LOL

Hello to Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Det...you must be doing something right to not be involved in that car crash. You couldn't pay me to drive in Vegas. Oh oh...a costco card. I had one through work when I first started and couldn't believe the cost of my groceries, thought I was being thrifty. Never went back. LOL Masks at Halloween LOL, never thought about that. Hope you got to the gym last night.

Pauly...people are getting creative with how they are going to hand out candy this year. I think if the "powers that be" cancelled it people would still partake. I don't get any kids here at my place and I'm ok with that. I agree with your analogy about grocery deliveries but I just can't see trusting someone else to pick out the food I want. Chips & soda would work. LOL

Mick...so I'm not going to eat a sock to see what Earl Gray tastes like. I'll take your word for it. If you ever run short of money you could get a job detailing cars, bet you'd get lots of tips. Can hardly wait to see the new addition to the family.

Lav...it was a good day, boss actually left around 9:30am and he won't be back till Wednesday. LOL Nice surprise when I got home, the masks have arrived, they look fabulous. Thank you so much for the extras in my order. You're always thinking of me.

Was woken up around 5:30 this morning and couldn't figure out why. Then a couple of minutes later a huge gust of wind came through. Thank explained it. Good thing I don't have anything on my deck. LOL Time to relax and unwind, have a great evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick we'll be excited to see pics of the van Lav, I think they send us cuz it's usually a few 12 packs of soda and who wants to carry those yuck! Some states do alcohol but in NV we can't cuz it's not legal, I used to wish we could cuz I thought it'd be more money but from reading around reddit of other shoppers who deliver it, it's kind of a pain cuz you hafta wait for their I. D and scan it, I don't like to see the people I deliver to, just let me drop it and zoom away haha, PQ, was the wind blowing in a storm? Got bored and did hilights the other day yuck, couldn't get used to it so just threw some dark in it yesterday at work, did two haircuts then washed it out, took another haircut and omg I felt naked and couldn't figure it out, I had forgotten to put my mask back on! The lady I was cutting didn't say anything but I wish she'd have asked me " wheres your mask?" Oh that was funny, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Comment

hi all ...thats it thats me back with the van ,it is now sitting on the drive .I handed the old one in the guy said you dont usually get trade ins as clean as this ..yeah but not everyone spend 2 days cleaning them.the handover took 2 hrs .but to be fair ,they went through everything. I need a new gas bottle for it ...a 7kg bottle butane gas ...guess what there is a shortage of? butane gas 7kg bottlesEveryone and I mean everyone is buying vans and caravans ..tourism abroad is def not happening .I will get some pics done .

If I put highlights in my head pauly Id look like a landing strip for aircraft!!you ok girl?

hiya ppqp ..how are you then? ok I hope..tis the same over here ,very blowy ,at least the sun is out .Ive got a costco card..its ace for cheap fuel ..not convinced about too much more though take goodcare .

hiya Lav how are you then ?good I hope ..yep van was easy as a handover ..my mind made it complicated ...way more than it was.very autumnal today ..hope youhave a good weekend ..

Det,Sam et al ...hope you all have a great weekend

New Rule of Six getting you down? Easy fix.

Establish a new company. Add all your friends and family as shareholders. Hold board meetings whenever you want. Hold your AGM on Christmas Day.

Simples.

Yesterday's job interview didn't go so well when they said I had a weird personality.
                          That's OK, I've got five more.

My cousin obviously doesn't like me.

She wants a divorce.

I was visiting Stratford upon Avon and it was here I met..... a very nervous javelin thrower named Shakespeare.

a primary school teacher explains to her class that she is a liverpool fan. she asks her students to raise their hands if they too are liverpool fans. everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl.

the teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says, "mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"because i'm not a liverpool fan," she replied.

the teacher, still shocked, asked, "well, if you are not a liverpool fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"i am a man united fan, and proud of it," mary replied.

the teacher could not believe her ears. "mary, why, pray tell, are you a man united fan?"

"because my mum is a man united fan, and my dad is a man united fan, so i'm a man united fan too!"

"well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no reason for you to be a man united fan. you don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. what if your mum was a prostitute and your dad was a drug addict, what would you be then?"

"then," mary smiled, "i'd be a liverpool fan."

two red indians and an irishman are walking through the woods. all of a sudden one of the red indians runs up a hill to the mouth of a small cave. he calls "wooooo! wooooo! wooooo!" into the cave and listens closely. a voice answers back "wooooo! wooooo! wooooo!" and he tears off his clothes and runs into the cave.

the irishman was puzzled and says to the remaining indian "is he crazy or what?". the indian replies "no, it is our custom during mating season when indian man see cave, they holler 'wooooo! wooooo! wooooo!' into the opening. if they get an answer back, it means theres a beautiful squaw in there waiting for him".

soon after they come upon another cave. the second indian runs up to the cave, stops and hollers "wooooo! wooooo! wooooo!". immediately, there was the answer "wooooo! wooooo! wooooo!" from deep inside. so he tears off his clothes and runs into the opening.

the irishman wanders around in the woods alone for a while when he spies a third large cave. he looks in amazement at the size of the huge opening and thinks 'oh man, look at the size of this cave! it is bigger than those the indians found. there must be a really fine woman in this cave!'

so he stands in front of the opening and hollers with all his might "wooooo! wooooo! wooooo!". he then hears an answering "wooooooooo, wooooooooo, wooooooooo!". with a gleam in his eye and a smile on his face, he races into the cave, tearing off his clothes as he ran.

the following day, the headline of the local newspaper read 'naked irishman run over by train'!

a blonde calls her boyfriend and says "please come over here and help me. i have a killer jigsaw puzzle and i cant figure out how to get started."

her boyfriend asks "what is it supposed to be when its finished?"

the blonde says "according to the picture on the box, its a rooster."

her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

she lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

he studies the pieces for a moment and then looks at the box.

he then turns to her and says "no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

he takes her hand and says with a deep sigh "lets put all the corn flakes back in the box."

john was in trouble. he forgot his wedding anniversary and his wife was really ticked off at him.

she told him "tomorrow morning, i expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in under 6 seconds, and it better be there".

next morning, john got up really early. when his wife woke up a couple of hours later, she looked out the window, and saw a small gift-wrapped box sitting in the middle of the driveway.

confused, the wife put on her robe, ran out to the driveway, and took the box into the house. she opened it, and found a brand new bathroom scale.

john is not yet well enough to have visitors...

you are driving in a car at a constant speed:

• on your left side is a 'drop off' (the ground is 18-20 inches below the level you are travelling on).
                          • on your right side is a fire engine travelling at the same speed as you.
                          • in front of you is a galloping horse which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it.
                          • behind you is a galloping zebra. both the horse and zebra are also travelling at the same speed as you.

what must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

get your drunken arse off the merry-go-round!

sophie is in the kitchen preparing to boil eggs for breakfast when her boyfriend walks in.

she turns to him and says, "you've got to make love to me this very moment."

his eyes light up and he thinks, "this is my lucky day!"

not wanting to lose the moment, he embraces her and then gives it his all on the kitchen table.

afterwards she says "thanks" and returns to the stove.

more than a little puzzled, he asks "what was that all about?"

she explains "the egg timer's broken."

learn to speak chinese in 5 minutes!

1. thats not right sum ting wong
                          2. are you harbouring a fugitive? hu yu hai ding
                          3. see me asap kum hia nao
                          4. stupid man dum fuk
                          5. small horse tai ni po ni
                          6. did you go to the beach? wai yu so tan
                          7. i bumped into a coffee table ai bang mai fa kin ni
                          8. i think you need a face lift chin tu fat
                          9. its very dark in here wao so dim
                          10. thought you were on a diet wai yu mun ching
                          11. this is a tow away zone no pah king
                          12. our meeting is scheduled for next week wai yu kum nao
                          13. staying out of sight lei ying lo
                          14. hes cleaning his automobile wa shing ka
                          15. your body odour is offensive yu stin ki pu
                          16. great fa kin su pah

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Apparently weekends at my house are more interesting SO I have my grandson back again, haha!
                            I told him I’ll keep him fed but he has to stay out of my hair because I have tons of stuff to do to get ready for next weekend’s craft fair. He said OK, so far so good.

PQ, happy to hear you got the package. My faith has been restored in the postal services here & there. LOL
                            It’s scary hearing those fierce winds in the dark. You just never know what’s coming. Glad the boss is out of your face for a few days, enjoy the peace

Pauly, I imagine we would all feel half naked without a mask on these days. Funny how that happened in such a short time, haha.
                            I’ve seen some crazy looking hair colors lately. The woman with the long strangely gray hair who had the bottom 2/3 of it colored teal - wow!!!! Be careful when you choose your colors, haha!!

Mick, the van is pristine en looking. I guess you’re looking for a gas bottle like the ones we use for our grill on the deck & our old pop up camper we had back in the day. Wonder if you can buy them empty on ebay? The blonde with the cornflake puzzle cracked me up, LOL

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn!!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick love the cornflake joke also the egg timer haha! Yay on the van! Lav, Lou's been asking to come over here more lately too, I think so he can be Romeo free for a bit haha, he's also been acting very down and that scares me, he just wants to go to school and see his friends, it's so hard to explain all this stuff to him without making him more scared, I've been seeing alot of white/grey haired ladies with some funky color thrown in well was doing a delivery in a gated community yesterday, drop off went smoothly until it was time to leave, the gate would not open! I was stuck and had another delivery in my car to drop off so I nudged it with my car to open it and just kept going, it totally scratched up my whole passenger side complete with a couple of gauges made, I'm sooooo pissed! At myself and at the place for their stupid malfunctioning gate! Makes me feel so anxious and depressed and thinking of what I could have done differently, I'm sad, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday for us all!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then ? hope all is well .Messing around in the van ..few little jobs to do ,but done a few this morning ...oh and fitted the television too. works a treat for an 11 year old van its in good nick .Couldnt get the internet again this morning..when she got in to do those wires I havent a clue..its taken me ages ,looks messy but now works ..Sheis banned from the house ..well at least till Monday..(Julie back at work!)

hiya Pauly hows you doing then? hope you are good .that grey hair with pink or blue or something in it is fashion over here at the moment ,for the less young .and tbh Ive seen some stylish ones ..like I know tons about style!...Oh no ..sorry about the car..its a gouge in a lump of tin not skin...cmon ..big smiley face .

hiya Lav,hows you then need a food parcel sending with the kidz there?it was blowing a hooley last night .but eased off now.Yes thats the bottle I need 7kg ...they are hard to get a hold of ..even empty I know what you mean about the mask ..ws in a shop earlier and someone came in without one ..its like whaaaaaaaaaaat??

hiya ppqp ...how are you today then? hope all is well in canadia...are you doing anything over the weekend?take care .

hiya Sam Det Pie Tee Gee ..I know you are out there .... hope all is well with you .

Gravestones are a thing of the passed.

I'm opening a new tool and sweet shop on an Irish building site.

It'll be called, Pick and Micks.

I think my dream job would be a junior boxing coach.

Just think, being paid to punch kids.

Two cockneys down the boozer
                                First one "I've just bought a car off the Krays"
                                Second one "what reg"
                                First one "no Ronnie"

What do you call a bathroom superhero?
                                Flush Gordon

What does Superman call his bathroom?
                                The Super bowl.

What do you call a fairy in the bathroom?
                                Stinkerbell

Comment

Working...
                                X