Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 27th sept

Greetings Abbers,

Nice day here after a whole bunch of rain last night. I’m ready for fall weather & hopefully sleeping better.
    After watching the debate aka sh*t show last night I had extra trouble sleeping.

Sam, I felt my B/P rising. Thru the debate but couldn’t get myself to turn it off. My mail-in ballot arrived today so I’m happy. I’m going to take it to a county drop off spot & avoid the postal system.
    Looking forward to a cool & dry Saturday. Hope you got. Yourself caught up today

Mick, we need to make this rain go to the west Coast to douse those awful fires!
    Glad your van is coming together bit by bit.

Hellp to Det, Pauly, Cyn & PQ!

Have a nice night everyone!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...you're not supposed to say the "S" word. LOL It's anybody's guess when it will arrive. Last year on Sep 8th the temps went from 77F to 32F overnight and dropped the wet heavy stuff for 3 days! This is the first fall we've had since 2016. It's supposed to be sunny and warm, temps around 70F, well through the weekend.

Mick...did you know you needed to fix the alarms and sensors when you bought the van? Of course you're standing out in the rain, how else are you going to learn. I still feel there is no stupid question and I think they were cheeky to reply with smartarse answers. Played bridge last night and figured it was my last commitment and when I commented on it was told oh no, our regular isn't back and we still need you. I love playing bridge but am not prepared to commit to 3 nights a week, especially now that I'm working again.

Lav...I also watched the debate to see what Trump would do and he was true to form. What an ass. Needless to say the Google searches for "how to move to Canada" spiked afterwards. LOL The funniest comment I heard was the debate was a 90 minute commercial for Canada. I'll send some of this nice weather your way for Saturday.

Boss back and of course that meant prog coord was in today. I requested a meeting to discuss what the plan is for our client renters, it's October and they've been told nothing. It could be a matter of be careful what you wish for as the meeting is set for 9am tomorrow with the prog coord. At least I'll hear what the two of them have been discussing.

Shout out to Det, Pi, Pauly and TG....have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

hi all ...another wet day here today ,and yep playing in the rain,but its only fine rain ...the stuff that sneakily gets you wet .been doing bits and bats ,..Julie off work tomorrow for a week .just phoned the guy that did my drive ,was going to see if he can put telescopic bollards in ..thats a non starter ..he is off work with covid!bit close for comfort for me.fitted my new number plates on the van this morning .

Lets have a brew.

Hiya ppqp..hows you then? Hope all is well. Even new vans nowadays dont have sensors or alarms fitted ..you have to get them added. Yep got soaked ..still skin is waterproof. Best of luck with your meeting today!!!Yep we are getting dosed up with Trump stuff over here too ...as if we havent enough clowns of our own. Have a nice day.

hiya Lav ..how are you today then?hope all is well ..you think you are the only one with tossers in charge of the country?

Labour MP says Jeremy Corbyn should be fined for breaking rule of six at dinner party

have a read at this lot Corbyn and Barmy borises dad caught out ....and they reckon saying sorry sorts it out??

yep van is coming together...you take care

hiya everyone else ...where are we?

120659657_1078794745887034_8784350839814768398_n.jpg

119701054_10224031243632674_5071589782204639417_n.jpg

I bought my Nan one of those memory foam mattresses - total fcking rip off!

She still can't remember who I am.

It’s with great sadness I have to inform all my family and friends that in the early hours of this morning my muched loved turkey has passed away.
        Due to the coronavirus situation the funeral will be at mine around 12.30 /1pm on the 25th December .
        As we have a limit of 30 at present including the turkey so please let me know ASAP. Obviously Covid-19 restrictions will apply.
        No flowers please if you would like to make a contribution things like potatoes,carrots,green veg and aunt bessie’s Yorkshire puddings will do.
        Please note starters and puddings are already sorted

The Mrs said she wanted treating for her birthday.

So I painted her with Cuprinol.

My football coach said he wanted to see more of my ‘offensive capabilities’.

So I spray painted ‘Fck off’ on the side of his car, and walked off with my middle finger up.

Did you know . . . ?

If you staple enough 'L' plates to a fence in Wales eventually you'll come up with the name of a village!

I've taken loads of selfies in other persons' homes.

It's just an extra level of fun when you're a burglar.

I run a prison. It's a tough job but it's worth it for the chance to walk past cells smokin' weed.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, swear I posted yesterday but I don't see a thing? Weird, yep the debate was just alot if talk with no clear-cut action to be made on either side, I think there's gonna be new guidelines for the next one, see how that goes, just a quick one this morning, tired yep Lav we need something to boost sleep even if it is a cool down, waves to the gang and wishes for a great BF Thursday for us all!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers!

Getting dark & I still have to close up the chicken house. Time to find the flashlight I guess, haha!

PQ, Saturday is going to be sunny, dry & 65 degrees - picture perfect in my book
            I hope your real fall weather hangs around quite a while!!
            My passport is good so if i have to make a run I can, LOL

Mick, rules are for everyone else, not government officials, haha!
            A few weeks a go the mayor of Philadelphia got caught having lunch in a restaurant owned by a friend of his in Maryland! The news people went berserk, Lol
            Hope your weather dries up soon! Glad my car came with the backup camera installed, I sure could figure all that out.

Pauly, full moon #1 tonight & the 2nd is on Halloween - a blue moon! Sleep is going to suffer this month but at least it’s getting cooler.

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn!
            Have a good night all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...had to look up what a telescopic bollard was, now I know what they're called. LOL Where would you put them on your driveway? You're telling me you cut it close with the paver getting covid. It was a good meeting this morning, long though, it went till noon. Firmly established who's responsible for what and was able to challenge some of the covid protocols she came up with. Basically the boss is playing chicken and doesn't want to let the general public in the building. I honestly can't blame him with the numbers on the rise again.

Pauly...boy I know that feeling when I was sure I posted and it didn't appear. Take comfort in the fact that it's not alone in "Lost Post Land". LOL They decided on new guidelines for the next debate and also decided they'd put them into place without checking with the debaters first. I think all they need is a mute button.

Lav...I've noticed it takes longer for the sun to come up in the morning but haven't noticed it getting dark earlier yet. Probably because I'm all tucked up reading my book before it goes down anyways. It'll be a big difference when I leave work at 5pm in the dark. Looks like the fall weather is going to carry on into next week. YAY I'll keep my fingers crossed for your predicted weather on Saturday. Gave the masks to my coworkers today and they love them. Will post a pic on your page when I get one.

Shout out to Det, Sam, Pi and TG. Rotisserie chicken and fixing tonight so should get started. Have a good night all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Ahoy hoy ABerooooos!

zipping in many productive directions last couple days. No shoots so I've been catching up odds and ends.
                my energy levels have been very high all day lately and I'm not sure why but it may be due to my last tweaking of
                my rather extensive vit/supplement regimen. Good stuff at any rate.

escape? passport? I've been working on that one for some time now and continuing to downsize whilst working on PP #2. Whoever wins this
                utterly wretched mess come November matters not to me... moving along asap. sadly when you don't have much money
                that can be slower than wanted.

PPQ, too funny as I've been looking at Canada in my handful of top destinations.

got my art from the gallery. it's been a crap year for art sales which is understandable. Going to maybe try art shows or the
                Summerlin farmers market next and see how goes.

meeting up with a buddy before Refuge tonight and go over some camera tips as he's got his first real camera and is all excited.

things at home are pretty mellow happy to say. girly is communicating better with me which is great. Oh... booked a room for the Scottish
                festival in St George UT for next month...should be fun... we hope!

Lav, yes a harvest moon tonight right? seems I saw that somewhere. and a FM on Halloween is awesome. Darlene and I got our Star Trek uniforms
                and no that's not a joke but I admit it's funny. 2 old nerds having fun in style. er... a 'kind' of style, esoteric as it may be. yes photos to come of course.

Pauly, not fun losing the post. Mick, funny pics!

arritey then... getting set to depart.

be well loves!
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Mae everybody, Det you're sounding good, Lav I hadn't realized there is gonna be two full moons this month, I had heard about the blue moon cuz Lou seen something on tiktok about it being a bad omen, I thought it was a good sign? I dunno, see Trump tested positive for covid, funny cuz alot of his supporters think it's fake now that he caught it maybe they'll quit putting up a fight about wearing a mask! PQ, what do the masks you got look like? Halloween themed? I decorated my house a little bit yesterday but I'm gonna go see what the 99 cents store has for decs cuz I need something new, Mick, sounds like you're getting everything settled, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Fryday!!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello and how are you this afternoon then? Good I hope. Julie has been off work today, so we are getting bits and pieces done on the van and I've been cleaning out out all the just coming handy stuff that I've stored Madame calls at junk. Well, see your great leader has caught covid interesting to see what he does. Yet another politician over here has been playing stupid games despite being positive for the virus. She knew she had the virus, and yet still took a train from Glasgow to London spoke in Parliament then went home to Scotland on the train again full stop when asked for a statement she said oops sorry now how can you follow such a bunch of idiots as the

Hiya pauly great to see you again haven't seen you on here for a while either me or you missed each other well the great escape artist has been at it again....

20201002_150308.jpg

20201002_150347.jpg

The only reason he is not in the flower bed is because I have the sense to put a stone wall all the way around there and I dug it deep just in case hope you are ok

Hiya det and how are you today then mate? Still zooming about all over the place ? Keep attic with the art and pictures mate you will get there
                    Hiya ppqp how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you. I would put two boards at the end of the drive the drive is 18 ft wide the van is 7 and a half feet so if I put a bollard in in six and a half beat from either side then jobs done
                    So it seems to be take the sun longer to come up in the morning does it? Simple solution get up later haha take good care

Hiya lav how are you today then? Let's see how 45 gets on no that she has got the virus yes van is packed up last remark Julie made all look at all the room that's left that kind of remark doesn't bode well. You take care
                    Hiya t g how are you ? Hope all is well and things are getting into perspective for you thinking of you

Hire pie and Sam the Man hope you are both good

Take care folks and look after yourselves20201002_164612.jpg
                    Last edited by Mick; October 2, 2020, 10:47 AM.
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Crazy busy here getting stuffed packed up & ready for tomorrow’s event. Grateful we’re going to have cooperative weather
                      Our son just let us know he’s been promoted to captain in the fire dept & we are feeling very proud!! He’s worked long & hard & deserves the recognition & extra $$ too.

PQ, glad to hear you are enjoying a real fall for a change, enjoy
                      Glad your thoughts & feeling were heard in the meeting!!

Det, good t o hear you have been busy & productive. It’s especially hard to sell items that are not essentials right now. People have to be extra careful with money since we don’t have a crystal ball to predict the future. Even the craft fair tomorrow probably won’t be as profitable but I am looking forward to be out in the fresh air for the day. Who knows, right?
                      Star Trek costumes sound very cool! Have you seen the first 2 episodes of the new series? Very intense!!

Pauly, I should put some pictures on FB of the halloween masks. I’m taking a bunch tomorrow, see if anyone is interested.
                      They’re adult sized, haven’t had time yet to see if I can stitch a witch or something on a child’s size mask.

Mick, you have a real Houdini on your hands, haha!!!
                      I know the feeling with some of the dogs I’ve had over the years! Can you imagine a gOlden Retriever digging under a fence to go visit the neighbors? Yep, that’s what mine did, Lol
                      Trump is now in the hospital according to the latest reports. I sure wouldn’t want to be taking care of him, yuck

Hello to Sam, Pie & Cyn!

Have a nice night all!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...:yay:It's Friday:yay:

Det...isn't it nice when your energy levels are elevated? Doesn't happen very often to me. LOL Did you meet up with your buddy before your meeting last night? I can just picture the two of you heading out and snapping pics together. Star Trek uniforms, glad you included would post pics so I don't have to harass you. If you make it to Canada you'll have to visit Banff.

Pauly...yes they are Halloween themed, ones an owl and the other a witch. I've already given them to my coworkers but they promised a pic so will post that on Lav's FB page when I get it. Lav had previously posted the witch but she came up with the owl for me.

Mick...is it a natural instinct for rabbits to dig or is she just trying to escape from you? Can't imagine that the way you look after them. Thanks for the explanation with the bollards, of course will need a pic when it gets done.

Lav...read the beginning of your post and my first thought was glad I'm not doing a craft sale. The hours I put in running ours makes me weary just thinking of it. Good luck tomorrow. Yes, you should definitely post some mask pics. Fall continues and will do so all next week. After that all bets are off. LOL

Waves to Sam, Pi and TG. Have a good evening all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav huge congrats to your son that's awesome! I got locked outta facebook last night for some reason, they said I was trying to log into a fake facebook? I never tried to log in anywhere, I don't even log out of fb it's just on my phone and I hit the icon and go on, meh who cares at this point it's all gossipy stuff anyway, wait til the election is over, Kell and I think Trump might be faking just to say look how easy i recovered, see this disease is no biggie, wait and see i guess, Mick I'm here everyday usually but like you said we cross post PQ, those masks sound awesome, isn't it funny we get excited over masks now haha, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

hiya all how are we then?hope all is well..its pouring with rain here today,not stopped at all ...the houdini family are fine too..
                            hi pauly hope all is well with you?yep you need to be careful what you log into ..there is a lot of snide stuff out there ...I keep getting paypal telling me to sign here etc ..and press this number ..nope ..

hiya ppqp ...hope all is good with you today?I think Ive got devil rabbits! Halloween theme a nowl?what that to do with pumpkin hedz?hope you have a good weekend

hi Lav hows you then?Congrats to son well done to him.hope all goes well for you today at the craft(y)fair..havent heard the update on trump yet

big hi to all the rest...

120372228_2809396515943115_3863994398345931674_o.jpg

A couple of cheese factory workers laughed at me today.
                            It wasn't very mature.

I was just washing up, with the back door open, when suddenly, an owl flew in.

It dried all the pots and put them away then flew right back out.!
                            Couldn’t believe it!

Think it was a Teat Owl….

I released my own fragrance today.
                            No one else on the bus seemed to like it.

I plonked three new washing up sponges on the counter next to my wife today.

I looked at her with a cheeky smile and said, "There you go! Don't say I never give you anything!"

"Oh, great... Thanks!" she replied with dripping sarcasm.

Flabbergasted, I managed to say, "You don't like them, then?"

"Well I'd hardly call them *thrilling*" she remarked.

I looked at her and said the only two words that I could think to say under the circumstances...

.... "Happy birthday".

“Hello” she said softly “is there anyone there ?”
                            Knock knock, bangs on the table...”anyone...anyone at all ?”
                            “I hear distant voices, coming close...hello, speak up...what news do you have from the other side ?”

No, not a seance but a failed Zoom meeting.

770 students have tested positive at Northumberland University.

They were all sharing the same bong.

I saw sign outside the gym. It said: Open 24/7.

I thought, "That's fcking useless. July is ages away."

'Knock Knock'.

"Who's there?"

"UPS, got a parcel for you."

"Just kick it around the garden a couple of times, then sling near the dustbin like you normally fcking do."

Coronavirus mass vaccination will be completed in 'three months'.

They are going to impregnate all toilet paper and call another lockdown.

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Boy we had a great day for a craft fair outside although it was only 44 degrees when we left the house this morning, haha! It warmed up pretty quick.
                              Sold almost $300 worth of stuff so I’d say it was a success

PQ, we both came home tired & a bit lethargic this afternoon, haha! It’s fine though because we don’t do these things all that often. A lady (headhunter)stopped by my table & invited me to another one next weekend. I’m going to pass because I wouldn’t have enough stuff to take. The Halloween masks were a big hit

Pauly, an old high school friend of mine was thrown off FB, she said for posting something about Trump. I can’t imagine how offensive it was because she never posts anything original, just shares stuff she sees. Kinda ridiculous to me.
                              Looks like more in the White House have fallen ill today & are being hospitalized. Trump may or may not be sick, we may never know the truth. I hope he doesn’t try to sneak out of the country to avoid prosecution for tax fraud in January.

Mick, rain again?? Geez, sorry about that!
                              Loved your flower pot bunny pic, haha!! I have many pics of my chickens sitting in their big feed bowl. Goofy animals.

Hellos going out to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn.

Hope everyone has a good night.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...how uncanny, the other day I had a "number" appear on my FB icon on my phone and when I clicked on it I got "Welcome to Facebook...click here to download". I just closed the app later on when I tried everything was fine. Sounds like there was a hack of some kind. It is funny to see how people have changed their minds about masks. I continue to wear the standard blue mask, it's free, bur come Oct 30th will wear my new Halloween mask at work.

Mick...glad to hear the houdini family are doing fine. LOL I gotta say I'll take snow over rain if I had my choice. All my childhood Halloween decorations included an owl. They watch over all the graves in the graveyard keeping an eye on the souls returning to earth to walk among us.

Lav...forgot to say congrats to your son yesterday. He's got to feel pretty good. Nice job at the craft sale, knew those masks would be a hit. Until the prog coord started I'd never heard of head hunters at the craft sales. Invite those who had "good" things to sell back and ignore the others. I was appalled. This used to be a community craft sale, only criteria was you had to have made it, no home businesses. Didn't matter what was being sold. Apparently not good enough for her, she only wanted high end merchandise. No wonder I haven't been back since.

Dinner and dishes done, now for my bridge game. Have a peaceful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                                X