Oct 11th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oct 11th

Good morning all well we had a lovley afternoon yesterday after a showery start. Mild and sunny. I went for a short walk in a local park near my home. Well the rain is back today but to clear later. Call me Aj or whatever is easiest that was a mad name i came up for with lol but i used on a site i am no longer on. It kept telling every name i was choosing was taken so not sure how i ended up with that. My real name is Linda i may use that as i already said on another thread. I found your page on facebook lavande lovely crattship and a great way to get about mingle with people. Thats if fairs and markets will be allowed to continue or back again as covid we don't what is being or reopened from day to day. part of Ireland is now on phase 4 lockdown with the rest on phase 3 with further restrictions on gatherings indoor and out. this is to be in place untill November 10th but could go longer we just don't with our goverement and any areound the world it seems. i don't listen to the news too much but we are hearing of more lock downs and restrictions in Europe and further away. Awful to hear about fires now in Oregan its bad enough but with people ar risk and the animals wildlife flora and fauna its just more devastation prayers going out to anyone on here near that state or nay where fires and very bad weather. Off to visit my sister again today she is doing well after her shoulder op but still a limited and she's on her own so am i just for a cuppah and chat. her husband is in hospital as i said on another thread with diabetes complications but stable for now but still serious. Its awful with covid that no one is allowed visit hospitals or nursing homes. Is the same in UK and any where in the states so you have these restrictons? Also not being able to visit family in their homes and very limited outside gathering is bad all mental health. When this end or get back to some sort of normal? Anyways i hope you all have pleasant day. Sorry if my post is a bit gloomy but thats but it i try and be as positive and upbeat as i can. Whatever gets you through xxx blessings to you all

Comment

Mae everybody, my post wouldn't post yesterday! Found out the wifi was acting up so that's probably why, nothing too groundbreaking that I wrote but still frustrating haha, Anjicia, glad to see you posting here PQ, glad you had a great Thanksgiving I always look forward to the turkey just cuz we only have it on thanksgiving and Christmas so it's a rarity for us, but I know alot of people that do an alternative meal for the holidays, Det, hope thinks are ok in your neck of the desert, hope we get some rain soon jeez, this has gotten old! Lav the news said it's nearly 180 days now since we had any rainfall, I believe it, Mick how's Jeeves little belly today? Had the worst drinking urge yesterday I think things are building up and I need to just not care but between Brady being sad about losing his job and not finding much, covid, that shop, the election, concern over Lb moving back, hubs job acting weird I just feel like I'm in a pressure cooker(or Lavs IP hahaha) plus I've been dealing with allergies and you know those make you foggy and unable to think clearly, I just need to focus and set my sights on reducing my stress I guess, a few hours of "escape" would only make me sicker and broker! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Thursday for us all!
      Last edited by paulywogg; October 15, 2020, 08:03 AM.
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon everybody how are we today then? Hope everyone is well well in the middle of this Madness we are no arguing over here on the finer points of a lockdown. Apparently Lee cabs and places that sell food as well as alcohol can stay open however those that don't must close so what is now happening is that a lot of pub managers are making pots of stew to serve to the customers in a bid! to stay open! The world has gone doolally
        Hiya pauly and how are you today then? Strangely enough my Wi-Fi and internet has been playing up today and last night as well it keeps reverting back to BT for some strange reason and our provider is Virgin Media. Jeeves is fine today thanks for asking he really gets spoiled when he's under the weather mind you so does Bonnie. So you had the worst drinking thought ever yesterday did you? You should have texted me or send a message there are a lot of things going on that actually question our sanity far less our sobriety. You keep it together you know where I am watched a series on telly not so long ago called Spooks full stop it was an old series of about out 60 episodes it was based on an American one called 24 or we just got that on Amazon so we have 236 episodes of that to watch you take care thinking of you

Good afternoon AJ and how are you today then question mark hope all is well. Yes I think we all used alternative names to start with, however in these days of Facebook etc everyone knows everyone else's real name mine is Ted that is unless I owe you money NE4 or I am in debt then it is Mick without a shadow of a doubt. We have the same scenario over here as you it is kind of hard times to stay positive and think positive what it is a must don't let them get you down life won't be like this forever so get that :-) on take care and have a good day

Hiya lav how are you today then question mark hope all is well. I've got the same here with regards to hostas I split one one I think I've got about 9 now now now I've got a second Bloom of geraniums that one Rose and and three different types of fuchsia have re flowered. Yep the second wave has hit Europe up it's got to be quite serious when they're thinking of closing down Londonstan. You take care of yourself

Hiya ppqp and how are you today then question mark hope all is well with you you are you back at work yet? How's the house coming along when are they going to start the work on it? Hope it is all done before the Man season starts with the snow you take care

Big shout out to all those who I haven't mentioned take care and look after yourself don't forget we're here to help each other
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

I’m here to help too Mick, if I can anyway.
          I think the length of the pandemic is what’s really getting to people. Early in the year I thought we would be in much better shape by now. Covid is going to take it’s sweet old time regardless of how agitated we get. Don’t lose hope anyone, I know we will get thru this together :hug:

Anjicia, thanks for looking me up on FB. I have a lot of fun doing the crafty stuff & I like making people happy. Normally I do inside shows throughout the year but this year is Different of course. Two outside shows is all I can do, oh well. Hope it doesn’t get too cold by the 31st for the next one, haha! Hope you found your sister & brother-in-law in good spirits today.

Pauly, I did miss seeing you yesterday!
          Please don’t let all this overwhelm you. You have a lot going on now so you need to be on your game. Drinking only makes us sick & depressed, you don’t want that.
          How are the grandsons doing? Keeping the kids healthy & entertained is a full time job!

Mick, I loved the show ‘24’! Watch as much as you can
          We had the cable company guy here yesterday to upgrade our TV & internet service. The new TV was working right on the old cable but everything is good now.
          It’s funny how so many plants are re-blooming so late in the year. Maybe this is a Covid gift? Haha!

Hello to PQ, Det, Pie & Cyn!
          It’s almost dark so I have to go close up the chickens. Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Lav...going to be about 4 days late for those winter tires as we are now under a Winter Storm Warning :sad: Bit of snow overnight and then getting walloped around noon. The warning was issued because of the strong north winds that are expected, not so much snow accumulation. Just as well I don't have to go anywhere this weekend! I too thought we'd be in better shape with covid by now but apparently not. The more frustrated people get the more vigilant I get.

Pauly...I too always looked forward to turkey at Thanksgiving and Christmas until I had to start cooking it! Growing up in a family of 10 you can imagine the size my mom would cook. She used to thaw it in the bathtub. LOL Weird things were happening with my internet yesterday and when I asked the boys about it Cody said oh ya, we're updating the server. Thanks for the heads up guys! Good for you not giving into the drinking crave, I'm proud of you. I know there is a lot going on these days, just take a deep breath and put one foot in front of the other. I know that's what I'm doing.

AJ...oh I'm so glad you're not upset about the name change. When I first signed up for MWO every name I came up with was taken. Out of frustration I typed why in French (spelled it wrong) and it took. Don't know why I tried that, I'm not French. LOL We all decided a long time ago that you don't have to be upbeat and positive to post. Just post. Believe me I've used this thread to vent as it always makes me feel better and I don't get in the car and head to the liquor store. Whatever works is right.

Mick...where there's a will there's a way eh? I don't know if I'd be eating the stew. I've learned yet another word from you doolally...that sums it up perfectly. Been back at work for awhile now but the building still remains closed to the general public. The deck work has not been completed, they took down the railing, replaced the deck floor and I haven't seen them since. The boys have moved the BBQ, generator and a few other things back out anyways to make room for the appliance delivery supposedly this Sunday. Came home to find the stove moved out and half the kitchen painted. If I'd known the boys would jump on the cleaning I would have asked the landlord for new appliances years ago.

Have to finish with yet another boner boss move...Our Out of School Care program is running great with no issues. We have and always have had a waiting list for spaces and the school that our kids come from is thinking of starting a pop up daycare in the gym and wanted to know if our Childcare group would like to run it. They said no. Boss is ticked, it would have meant more revenue. Unbelievable, he won't let a 1hr class in the building during the day when there are no kids but would send our childcare staff over to interact with new kids and their families. I just shake my head.

Shout out to Det, Pi, Sam and TG. Have a restful evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick of course I'd feel comfortable reaching out to you or Lav but my thing was just to go to bed early haha! The time difference is an issue too, PQ, I always buy two small turkeys so they're not dry, nothing worse than a dry turkey, my coworker tested positive for the 'rona now we all hafta get tested, she acts like Trump when it comes to the virus so I'm not surprised she got it, meh I'm irritated, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And good afternoon to you all how are we today then? Hope all is well well. At the moment we are in Tier 2 two of lockdown but as from tomorrow it is tier 3 complete bang up... some crazy ideas in that pubs are shot unless the serve food and a licence to do so and yet they're keeping gymnasiums open that's what the mayor of Manchester was fighting for Absolute lunacy full stop was reading this morning some campsites are refusing to take people with piercings postcodes despite the fact we are advised not to travel not the fact it is illegal to travel now bearing in mind where I live there is more chance of me catching rabies or foot-and-mouth disease than there is of the virus providing I keep myself away from the lunatics, so it is Plan B for me keep myself safe wash my hands mascot when I go out and don't listen to the government strategy which is a complete crock of s*** this blonde idiot that's in charge of us has done more damage to the country than enough he has created not only and North-South divide and also a them andus with the politicians divide in addition to that that there is a lot of sneaky brexit stuff going on the background too.

Good afternoon to you lav, how are you then? All good I hope . as you say we will get through this together Don't Know About You by suspected is the case for me this is a two-way street I enjoy helping people and the satisfaction from that enjoyment helps me too. I'm still on series 1 of 24 or if you remember all the way back with senator Pamela as just giving his speech and the photographer was going to shoot him and agent Bauer was getting the rap for it... that's a bit I Mac where it is all gone pear-shaped and they were going to kill his wife and daughter,
                You take care of yourself

Hiya ppqp how are you then? Your boss could get a job on the politically correct gang that are floating about. Have you heard the latest 1? They reckon that in the Disney film dumbo the words dumbo and jumbo are offensive really ? Glad you are ok and your basic guttural English is improving with my help you take care

Hiya AJ how are you today then? hope all is well with you in Emerald Isle
                .hiya pauly hope you are good. .

Big shout to everyone x
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all,

Looks like I have a weekend guest & I didn’t even need one
                  My younger grandson requested a stay here so we have him. Fed him & sent him in the other room with my older iPad, no problem, haha!
                  The older grandson is now officially 1 inch shorter than me, wow!!!

PQ, not snow??? Be careful if you do have to go out. I’ll bet you are a lot safer on the road where you are used to getting a lot of snow. People around here see snow & they freak out, Lol
                  Sounds like there’s some progress with the house repairs & replacements, nice!

Pauly, sorry you’ve had an exposure to the virus. You’ve been faithful wearing your mask, right? Chances are you are OK. My son has had several exposures at his work, was sent home to quarantine but never caught anything. Careless people should be banned, employee or not!!!

Mick, I think I’ll see if I can rewatch the 24 series. You’ve got me interested again.
                  I am willing to pitch in some $$ to have your blonde bozo & our blonde bozo shipped, ever so slowly to China. They are both useless & potentially dangerous!

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn.
                  Time to go do some sewing while the young one is entertaining himself. Have a good night all!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...that wouldn't be the gun toting coworker would it? Is it a hassle for you to get tested and do you have to quarantine? My city has been put on the watch list because of the increase in cases. Nothing changes right now but if the spike in cases doesn't stop we could have more restrictions put in place. I have tried to find "smaller" turkeys with no luck, they're all huge!

Mick...yup, he would fit in politically with all the other bozos. OMG, dumbo and jumbo! This political correctness should be dealt with the same as the age old theory, everything in moderation. I use the new words I learn from you at work. When people look funny at me I just say google it. LOL When I first moved back the boys downloaded the 24 series for me, I loved that show.

Lav...no snow in the morning, it didn't start till 1pm. We're right around the freezing mark so it keeps changing from rain to snow to rain. Temps are going to drop and then the heavier snow arrives to cover all the ice up. You won't find me on the roads tonight. Nice surprise when I got home, the railing is back up on the deck. Nothing like a winter storm warning to get the contractors moving. Plumber and crew will be here bright and early tomorrow so must remember to fill up water containers, can't be without my coffee. Speaking of 24, there's a new series out by the same producer called NEXT. This is why I don't have a siri/alexa in my house.

Thinking of the rest of the gang Pi, Sam, Det, TG and AJ.

Had a Zoom meeting with yet another software company this morning. Looking at their app to compliment the other new software I've been learning. Boss wasn't too sure about it but after the meeting he was very impressed. My ulterior motive was to get off of Mailchimp. So playing around with that made my day just fly by. Wishing everyone a healthy and restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick dumbo being offensive? I hadn't heard of that yet, PQ, that NEXT show looks good, I keep seeing the previews for it, Lav glad you got to spend time with your grandson again, I thought for sure Lou would want to stay with me yesterday after lunch but surprising he didn't ask, me and Kell are going this morning for testing, her friend works at this place and the test is $100 but you know in 30 minutes instead of waiting 3 days, better to know than just wing it especially since we work on alot of older people, the lady who tested positive insisted she can go back to work now, Kell told her no fucken way! Much love to all and wishes for a great BF Saturday!

Comment

hiya all how are we then all good I hope...just went for a 10 mile walk this morning ...across part of the Bronte trail ...was lovely ...peacful ..its amazing how many others were out too.

hiya pauly ...yep they found dumbo offensive and rascist a well as a load of others !have a look at this lot!

17 problematic things in Disney movies that have not aged well - Insider

good answer re the woman going back to work!! you stay safe and take care

hiya ppqp ...hows you then?hope all is well,and that your feelin braw..If you can find it watch the brit edition of 24 ..its called Spooks and is pretty good..Ill look out for NEXT..you take care

Turkey farmers braced for Covid Christmas | East Anglian Daily Times

hiya Lav ..hows you ?you tell me where the slowboat to China fund is ..I ll shell up defo .same goes ..if you can get it watch spooks ...take care

hiya AJ you ok?

I was taking the pss out of a bloke with a ridiculous wig on today. He had the last laugh though. Sentenced me to 6 months.

I asked the librarian for a book on constipation.
                        She said, "It comes out in a week or two."

A man phones the doctor about his hearing aid, but gets no answer.

The doctor phones the man back shortly after and says, "You called?"

The man thinks for a second, then says, "No, pretty warm, actually."

A man picks up a young woman in a bar and persuades her to come back to his hotel. When they are relaxing afterwards, he asks, "Am I the first man you ever made love to?"

She looks at him thoughtfully for a second before replying. "You might be," she says. "Your face looks familiar."

On 20th July 1969, As commander of the Apollo 11 Lunar Module, Neil Armstrong was the first person to set foot on the moon. His first words after stepping on the moon, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," were televised to Earth and heard by millons. But just before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark: "Good luck, Mr Gorsky."

Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs. Over the years,many people questioned Armstrong as to what the "Good luck, Mr Gorsky" statement meant, but Armstrong always smiled.

On 5th July 1995, in Tampa Bay, Florida, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26-year-old question to Armstrong.

This time he finally responded. Mr Gorsky had died, so Neil Armstrong felt he could answer the question.

In 1938 when he was a kid in a small Midwest town, he was playing baseball with a friend in the backyard. His friend hit the ball, which landed in his neighbour's yard by the bedroom windows. His neighbours were Mr and Mrs Gorsky. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, young Armstrong heard Mrs Gorsky shouting at Mr Gorsky, "Oral sex! You want oral sex? You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

There were these 4 guys, a Russian, a German, an American and a French, who found this small genie bottle. When they rubbed the bottle, a genie appeared. Thankful that the 4 guys had released him out of the bottle, He said, "Next to you all are 4 swimming pools, I will give each of you a wish. When you run towards the pool and jump, you shout what you want the pool of water to become, then your wish will come true."

The French wanted to start. He ran towards the pool, jumped and shouted"WINE". The pool immediately changed into a pool of wine. The Frenchman was so happy swimming and drinking from the pool.

Next is the Russian's turn, he did the same and shouted, "VODKA" and immersed himself into a pool of vodka.

The German was next and he jumped and shouted, "BEER". He was so contented with his beer pool.

The last is the American. He was running towards the pool when suddenly he steps on a banana peel. He slipped towards the pool and shouted, SHIT!!!!!!!........."

Lesson IV - Think twice before you say something, because sometimes accidents do happen.

Flight Attendants
                        Occasionally, airline attendants make an effort to make the
                        "in-flight safety lecture" and their other announcements a bit more
                        entertaining. Here are some real examples that have been heard or
                        reported:

=====================//=======================

"There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane..."

After landing: "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."

As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Washington National, a lone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"

After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced: "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as ###### everything has shifted."

From a Southwest Airlines employee...."Welcome aboard Southwest Flight XXX to YYY. To operate your seatbelt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seatbelt, and if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised.
                        In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, margarine cups will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with
                        more than one small child...pick your favorite.

"Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Southwest Airlines."
                        "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation, and in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."

Once on a Southwest flight, the pilot said, "We've reached our cruising altitude now, and I'm turning off the seat belt sign. I'm switching to autopilot, too, so I can come back there and visit with all of you for the rest of the flight."
                        "Should the cabin lose pressure, oxygen masks will drop from the overhead area. Please place the bag over your own mouth and nose before assisting children or other adults acting like children."

"As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."

"Last one off the plane must clean it."

And from the pilot during his welcome message: "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry...Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight...!"

Heard on Southwest Airlines just after a very hard landing in Salt Lake City: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendants 'fault...it was the asphalt!"

Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a particularly windy and bumpy day. During the final approach the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the Flight Attendant came on the PA and announced, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seatbelts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"

Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying XYZ airline." He said that in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had gotten off except for this little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sonny, mind if I ask you a question?"
                        "Why no Ma'am," said the pilot, "what is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land or were we shot down?"

After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the Flight Attendant came on with, "Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt. Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal."

Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of us here at US Airways."

Comment

Evening all that sounds a lovely walk Mick and 10 miles ? well done. Is Bronte county in Yorkshire or may be i am wrong. Do you in England? Well i had a nice walk too but it did rain but not heavy. I met up with a meetup group i joined recently and we went for A walk ato long Killiney seafront and in to the park and up Killiney hill where there are fantastic views along the bay. We had coffee and tea at a tea shop near the entrance nice chats a few laughs and some of us walked along the beach before going home. Nice to get out with people instead everything being on a screen and hope to do it again soon and may be meet some of the same or more people. Home just had coffee and about to get dinner. Lots of laughs there Mick fair play xx. hello to everyone who stops by and wishing you a pleasant Saturday evening x

Comment

Good evening friends,

There’s definitely a chill in the air. My grandson showed up wearing shorts as usual, haha! He didn’t think to pack long pants, obviously no one told him to either.
                            I waited until 3pm When it was warmer & made him go out & collect the eggs. He’s cooking his own scrambled eggs now so at least he can go get them from the chickens.

PQ, I hear we’re getting a cold front from Canada which is fine as long as there’s no snow with it, Lol
                            Got your deck railings back, that’s cool. So you’re bending the boss’s arm a little bit for the new software? Good luck with that!
                            Hope you had your coffee this morning while the plumbing work was happening

Pauly, anyone who test positive for the virus has to test negative twice before returning to work. That’s just the way it is!!!
                            Glad you’re getting a quick test done so you know for sure!

Mick, wow a 10 mile walk would take me a week. My poor feet wouldn’t hold up I’m afraid. Good for you anyway

Anjicia, glad you had some good outdoor exercise today as well.

Hello to Det, Sam, Pie & Cyn.

Have a nice night all.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                            X