November 8, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: November 8, 2020

Today I am honoring not just all the veterans (3 in my immediate family) but I think we should also be honoring all the Covid war veterans; the nurses, doctors, helpers, cleaners of hospitals, all those who are risking their lives everyday for our health, and to save our loved ones. And of course to remember the astonishing number of people who have been taken by this disease... by some accounts more here in the US than in all our wars combined... I think that counts for something...

teegee you are right..it is a war ..a silent enemy ,fuelled by complacency ignorance lack of resources.Information and intelligence is scant and dependant on who you talk to ,therefore how can you fight against odds like this.And yet despite all this ,people do put their lives at risk to help others ,ordinary folk trying their best .People have lost loved ones friends,and still carry on .Stay strong .
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hi all how are we ?hope all ok ...just back from physio ...trapped nerves ...again!!Im sure I do this just to keep them in business ..Lovely sunny day over here ,but it is cold too ..it looks the part .If its like this on Saturday going to take the van somewhere local just to give it a run out

hiya tg ..wow you are getting about girl !good for you ...hope all is well with you

hiya ppqp ...hows you then ..have you got snow still > one of my friends lives in Medicine Hat and they had blowing snow 3 days ago .Yep Julie kind of bans me from doing anything ..fortunately on the side I hard of hearing ! you take care

hiya Lav you ok ? where is ya ..

hiya pauly hows thingz

Got me Christmas tree up...

...up in the fckkin' loft, just where the fckkin' thing belongs in November.

A bloke I work with is part Irish, part black, part Asian and part French. I have no idea how to abuse him.

I tried to warn my now deceased son about the dangers of Russian Roulette.

It went in one ear and out the other.

Why are they called green olives?

Surely they're olive coloured.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Greetings friends!

Tried repeatedly to logon yesterday but there was no success. Don’t know what was wrong, my internet was working fine.
        We have had a ton of rain yesterday & today, maybe the wires were affected?
        Everything is fine here although my daughter contacted me today to say the hospital where she works & all of the other hospitals in the county (except one) have closed their ERs & are diverting emergencies elsewhere. That’s very sad & very dangerous on so many levels. It used to occasionally happen when I was working too due to high levels of flu cases showing up for care. But this is different & it’s going to keep going for an extended period of time. Not a good time for anyone having a heart attack or stroke
        Keeping busy with embroidery orders, animal care & feeding, a very small amount of cleaning & cooking, haha.

PQ, I quickly realized when the kids grew up that I had to turn off my ‘mother worry machine’ or lose my mind. I told myself they were responsible adults, I taught them what they needed to know, the rest was out of my hands, LOL. Hope your snow is not too big of a hassle.

Pauly, the dog is up on her shots I assume so you shouldn’t have any problem taking ownership. The board of health gets involved when someone is bitten by a stray with unknown medical & vaccination history. Small kids really shouldn’t be left unsupervised with any dog, they react in a normal way for them. I just heard they are reporting 5000 new Covid cases today here in PA, how sad.

Cyn, grateful to have you back here, you have been missed :hug:
        I am reading about nurse burnout, way more than the usual burnout associated with nursing. It’s completely understandable. I don’t think most people know that the nurses are not receiving any hazard pay, no raises or 401k contributions this year, no paid vacation or personal days on top of everything else! Even my daughter has had her hours drastically cut because the hospital ‘can’t afford to pay them’. It’s just insane.

Mick, sorry about your shoulder, sounds painful. I guess I’ll get the restraints out & tie you to your chair again, haha! I hope you heal up quickly!
        Remember the lettuce I planted in the deck boxes last fall? I must have had some really good seeds because the lettuce is still growing!!

Hello to Det & anyone else checking in tonight.
        Have a good night all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

TG...totally agree with you and Mick, it is a war. We are certainly glad you're back. Don't over do it, everything that needs to get done will get done.

Mick...I'm sure they see $$ when they see you coming. Do you have to go back for more? You take it easy and mend. Yup, there's snow on the ground and I'm sure it's here to stay. Calgary pretty much missed most of the snowfall warnings, it was everywhere around us though. Same weather here today, sunny and cold, even though we got above freezing that wind had a bite to it.

Lav...did you forget to stand on your left foot with your right arm up in the air? LOL Who knows what causes these disruptions, 5G? Closing ER's is scary, I hope your daughter is able to survive the reduced hours until things get back to somewhat normal. When my son left for Saskatchewan I told myself I'm not going to sit here and worry about him. Whatever happens, happens. I managed to do that but now I'm wondering when he's coming home. LOL We didn't get clobbered with snow this go around but it's early days. LOL

Shout out to the gang. Pi...I've had you on my mind lately, check in when you get a chance.

Did a trial run of the Zoom AGM webinar today with the boss. OMG I hope he gets it figured out before the 19th. I just kept telling myself not my monkey, not my circus. New Covid restrictions in Alberta were put in place today but nothing too drastic. No school closures so our Out of School program continues.

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

morning all,
            TG, so glad to see you back.
            we got close to 6" of rain in the last day and a half, but didn't lose power. It did flicker a time or two. Those poor folks along the gulf must wince when they hear "tropical storm".
            not much to report, just checking in. hope everyone is well
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hiya all as we speak I am sitting in the dentists waiting to go in the chair. Hope you are all well

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick, dentist again?? You're there more then home haha hope everything is ok, Lav, in my 20's I wanted to go to into nursing but now I'm glad I didn't, I didn't know what an emotional person I'd turn out to be and honestly I think I'd be a wreck, I appreciate all the nurses, doctors, police officers (even though they have a bad rap now) firefighters, military personnel, etc those people are helpers and healers and deserve soooooo much respect, to be able to do those jobs and keep their sanity just need to be applauded. PQ, did a chicken, potato and vegetable bake in the oven last night but it was bland think I should have halved the recipe instead of being impatient and throwing it all in one pot, Det, hope things are good with you, Sam send is some rain! We could sure use it the news said no measurable rain for over 200 days here! Feels like it too, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday for us all
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

No trouble logging in today so I guess whatever it was has been fixed. We made a run up to the chicken feed place, loaded 300 lbs (5 - 50 lb bags) in the truck & dragged it home, always a thrill, haha!
                  Getting colder here after all that rain the past two days. Not sure how much we got, my new weather station is on the fritz, but it was a lot. I have plengty of mud to go around if anyone is interested

PQ, hope you’re staying warm! It will be quite a while before we get that cold here.
                  So why hasn’t your boss figured out the zoom meeting yet? I wouldn’t help him either if he’s being an ass about it, haha!!
                  I hope your son is enjoying his trip, don’t you fret.

Mick, I was thinking about your sore shoulder & arm today but now I see I have to add your dental woes to the list. I hope everything went well! Take care :hug:

Pauly, the secret to surviving a helping profession career is to leave it at work. You learn early on the check your emotions at the door, never drag it home with you. Still, it wears on you in so many ways.
                  I’m sure you would have made a good nurse, you are a caring person. I have to laugh at the number of people who used to tell me they always wanted to be a nurse but..... In my mind most of them would have never made it for so many reasons. Taking care of your family is more important now!

Hello to Det & Cyn. Pie, hope you check in soon.

Wishing everyone a nice night!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Sam...nice to see you checking in. To be honest I think I'd rather have snow than rain, just wish it didn't come with the cold.

Mick...I forgot about your teeth. Did you take the numbing med this time? I bet your arm & shoulder were hurting too when you got home. All that tension at the dentist. Hope you're relaxing and take a pain pill if you need it.

Pauly...that's one reason I won't cook when I'm tired. I try to cut corners and it never works out. One of my co-workers purchased a cook/recipe book ($99) online and couldn't print it so she emailed it to me to print for her. Forgot all about it till she told me about a potato/cauliflower soup she made. I'll be looking that email up again. LOL

Lav...I can honestly tell you I've never wanted to be a nurse. LOL Mine was school teacher! The boss is one of those who thinks he knows everything. I don't have time for people like that, I just walk away. He actually didn't make an appearance at work today, which was a nice surprise. He did email me asking if I was available Tuesday night to do a test run with the board of directors. Monday could be interesting because he's probably nowhere ready. I've been going through a minor flare up of my arthritis and it finally broke this morning with no more inflammation. My hands are still pretty sore with psoriasis but it's starting to go away. I think the dry cold weather really exacerbates it.

I'm looking forward to curling up with my book. My sleep was disrupted around midnight last night with someone persistently knocking on the neighbour's door. I finally got up, went downstairs, opened the door and said "Really!!!" The guy turned around with palms up and said "City Police". LOL While we were talking the other neighbour actually came out as well. Why can't things like this happen over the weekend when I don't have to get up for work!

Thinking of you Det, Pi and TG. Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Update: Persistent knocking on neighbours door started again just as I finished my post and it turned out to be the police again. They had surrounded the condo building (15 of them) and told my son that the neighbour was coming with them one way or the other tonight, they weren't leaving without him. They had a warrant for his arrest and had been looking for him. They pulled a cop car up on the grass with lights flashing and 3 hrs later he surrendered. Dare I say I'm looking forward to uninterrupted sleep in the future? If you look there is still positivity in 2020.
                    Last edited by porqoui; November 14, 2020, 12:37 AM.

Comment

hiya all ..how are we today then ?all good I hope .just let the rabbits out before it rains..Arm and shoulder still sore ,but mouth eased off .no metal detecting tomorrow ..lockdown has banned it ..

hiya ppqp how's you then? Hope you get some sleep. Yes I got the numbing injections first ...since all this work started on my teeth ..Ive had 139 injections in my fizzog Yes Im just sitting here ..and Im bored out of my tree! On Monday I'm going to take the van local ,just up the road to give it a bit of a run .you take care .

hiya Lav ,how are you today then?ok I hope ..new weather station? What was wrong with the stone on the string? yep I tend not to heal as quick as I used to ..plus a severe dose being a stubborn git !! When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut .....partially achieved ..my head isnt on this planet ..

hiya pauly ..no rainfor 200 days? wow weve had none for about 4hrs ..Pauly ...you would have been ok ..none of us are born into trades or vocations..you would have made it ...

hiya everyone else hope you are well

The only time I smoke is after a meal.
                      So I have 40 meals a day.

Doctors treating Peter Sutcliffe for Covid say he struggled to speak towards the end, despite them keeping him comfortable by holding a pillow over his face.

Not so much Dominic Cummings as Dominic Goings

Definition of irony, doing your speed awareness course on zoom.

I have just robbed a bank and now I have more cash than I know what to do with. So I just put it all in my High-interest Junior Savers account

A young lady from London has almost drowned after accidentally falling into a massive vat of pancake mix earlier today.

Fortunately, she was rescued and is now recovering in a home for battered women.

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...it was a peaceful evening, hopefully it will continue. Got a feeling Julie wouldn't let you go detecting tomorrow even without the lockdown. LOL I'm glad the dental work has eased, it'll probably take a little longer for your shoulder and arm. Are you supposed to do exercises from your physio? I know it's tough for you to just sit, perhaps some more scenery on the railroad? It's bright and sunny here, above freezing and melting all over the place. Don't think all the snow will disappear but it's nice to have a reprieve.

Popped out for some groceries and when I got home went for a long leisurely walk. Got to take advantage of this weather while it lasts. Hope everyone is having a Super Saturday....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening all!

Quiet day around the homestead but busy. I’m still filling embroidery orders & also made a delicious vegan lasagna
                          Chillier here, going down to freezing tonight. Tomorrow we have high wind warnings with possible downed wires, trees, etc. Don’t even know why, haha.

Mick, glad you survived the dentist on top of everything else. True, we certainly don’t heal as quickly as we did. We need to avoid those injuries for sure.
                          Can you work on your trains in the meantime? Loved the battered woman joke haha. In Philly last night some guy was taking a selfie & ended up falling backwards into the Delaware river. The fire dept had to be called to drag his wet butt out of the water. Duh!!

PQ, I am intrigued - what’s the warrant for?? What did your neighbor do?
                          Sorry the entire neighborhood lost sleep but it’s better to get people like that locked up!!!
                          When we were kids a lot of my friends wanted to be teachers too. I just never did & couldn’t figure out why they did, Lol
                          Sorry about the flare up. You know how to treat that, right? Weather changes do cause a lot of weird body stuff with a lot of us. I’ve been feeling like my lower legs are made of lead the past 2 weeks. I realized this morning they’re slightly puffy knee to feet. So I dragged out the compression stockings & in 20 minutes felt so much better. My legs used to feel like that after working 12 hr shifts & always used the support stockings. Ain’t life grand??

Hello to Pauley, Det, Sam & Cyn. Hope everyone is OK
                          Have a nice night all!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                          X