15 Nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 15 Nov

hiya all hows today then for the chosen few? all ok ..I was at physio this morning then got some cream for the itchies ..lovely and sunny out today ...Ive been sorting out CDs all morning ...everything from Kristofferson to Hooked on Classics .rabbits are out playing in the garden .

Hiya PPQP hows you then today?...how did the zoom meeting go?blowin a hoolie still? You take care

hiya Lav ,hows you then? Im using over the counter anti histamine cream ..the itch is a pain if that makes sense.and piriton ...like you I havent a clue about zoom...Like you I believe we will come out of this ..next door to me is clear of covid ,the family over the road have it now!!!

hiya Det ...chinup mate ...I know at times it seems like youve been dealt a sh.t sandwich ,but keep at it mate things will improve whats that about relocating ..?

hiya everyone else....hope you are well..

What do you call a man with a cat on his head?

Claude

From the University of Georgia

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100 and If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.
    The fifth would pay $1.
    The sixth would pay $3.
    The seventh would pay $7.
    The eighth would pay $12.
    The ninth would pay $18.
    The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.)

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20." so drinks for the ten now cost just $80.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected...

They would still drink for free...

But what about the other six men - the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?'...

They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33...

But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer..

So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:
    The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).
    The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).
    The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).
    The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings).
    The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings).
    The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before...

And the first four continued to drink for free...

But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

"I only got a dollar out of the $20,"declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man", but he got $10"!

"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I"!

"That's true" shouted the seventh man! "Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks"!

"Wait a minute", yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor"!

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

David R. Kamerschen, Ph.D.
    Professor of Economics
    University of Georgia

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Why do birds fly South for the winter?

Because it's too far to walk.

What's got eight legs and one eye?

Two chairs and half a pig's head.

What's red and invisible? No tomatoes.

What do you call Postman Pat after he's lost his job?

Pat

Farmhand in landrover runs over a pig. It's stuck in the bullbar squealing so he phones his boss for advice. Shoot it and throw it in the truck says the boss. Loud bang is heard and he comes back on the phone and says - Done that, now what shall I do with the speed camera?

Did you hear about the carrot that died......

There was a big turn up at his funeral.
    Last edited by Mick; November 19, 2020, 11:55 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening all!

Still chilly here but it’s a nice change for me. I wake up when the heat & humidity finally go away, haha!!
      Trying to catch up with some fall house cleaning that I have put off too long. It’s amazing how nice a room can be when you remove the dog hair, cat hair, dust & dead stink bugs, LOL
      I appreciate the cat killing the stink bugs but she leaves them everywhere.

PQ, sure hope your meeting went well today! I’m sure you’ll be happy to be done with that.
      Next week’s weather forecast here doesn’t look too bad except for rain for 4 days, haha! Travel safely in the snow friend!

Mick, that c/o of painful itch kind of tells me you were bitten by something
      Don’t keep suffering, call for a Rx, get some relief! Good to hear your neighbors got over the virus but apparently it’s still around the neighborhood, be careful.

Det, hope you are oK today friend!

Hello Pauly, Sam, Cyn & everyone else.
      Have a decent night all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL...

Meeting went without a hitch and yes I'm glad that's all over and done. It's been a long day so just wanted to check in and wish everyone a restful evening...:smile:PPQP

Comment

MAE ALL...temps went from 10F to 36F this morning so I took the afternoon off. :yay:

Mick...hope the itchies have improved with the cream. Do you still have good weather today? I never did get into buying CD's, didn't have anything to play them on. LOL Other than seeing commercials about Zoom I had no idea either, but not anymore.

Lav...One of my sons was on a roll with clearing out clutter, cleaning carpets, clearing out the laundry room and painting the kitchen. All prep work for the new appliances. I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Unfortunately he appears to have run out of gas as there's piles of clutter still lying around the living room. He really wants to get rid of one of the couches but I've got all kinds of junk stacked on it. I guess my chore for the weekend is to clear that out. Maybe it'll kick start his cleaning mood again. We're going to have above freezing temps all next week so looking forward to that.

Shout out to Pi, Sam, Det, TG and Pauly.

Off to do a few errands and then relax. Have a Fantastic Friday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good evening friends!

Getting warmer here & tomorrow it’s heading up to 64 degrees. I’m going to wash my dusty car, can’t see out of the back window, haha!!
            Grandson is back for the weekend so there goes the food supply, Lol

PQ, glad the meeting went well & it’s OVER, haha!
            Getting rid of clutter is the best way to make your living space new again. I am not a hoarder but YB sure is, ugh. Keep your kid in the clean up mood

Mick contacted me this morning & it appears he has been diagnosed with shingles. That explains the pain involved. He’s on medication now that should clear it up promptly.
            I have to admit I was surprised, shingles usually appear on the torso first before spreading elsewhere. My Dx of spider bites on the arm after working outside made more sense to me.
            Here’s to Mick, wishing a swift recovery :hug:

Hello to Det, Pauly, Sam, Pie & Cyn, hope all are well.

Have a decent night everyone!
            Lav
            Last edited by Lavande; November 20, 2020, 07:03 PM.
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav...thanks for letting us know about Mick, I've been thinking of him. I'm surprised about the diagnosis as well. I was going to get the vaccine but can't because of my biologics.

Mick...hope you're finally getting some relief and as TG would say..."To The Light"

Comment

Mae all,

Just a quick pop in before I turn out the light... I'll be back tomorrow for more chatting. Long long and somewhat emotional day for me today, so I'm going to shut eyes now and take a crack at everything tomorrow morning.

Mick! SO sorry about the shingles... dear me. I hope the meds are working.

Det, sorry to,hear about the depression... I get it, sometimes things really seem overwhelming. So glad to hear that you have some support there. And we are always here for you! Take care -

Lav, that soup was a winner... and since they already made it... hmmm, might have to go back for more. And their chicken soup looks so delish. It is so strange cooking for just 1... I really can't imagine making a whole pot of chicken soup now... maybe when I am closer to my friends and can share.

PPQ, yes in a motel for the last month... cooking/cleaning up is a little interesting. But just 10 more days, and I will go into a rental house through March 31... I am ready for a little more space, and a real kitchen. Congrats on the zoom, and good luck with your organizing project.

Pauly? Hope to chat with you here... Romeo sure was cute in that pic... hope you are doing OK.

Hello to Sam and all else... be safe. It is really scary out there...

Mercury Retrograde is OVER! Hopefully we can ALL move on now... gracious! What a world?!

To the light...

Comment

And good morning everybody how are we today? Hope all is well over there... there includes the United States of America ,Canadia and all points north. Pouring down with rain over here don't be too surprised at that one..... and yes it seems like I've got shingles. It felt pretty bad yesterday morning so I phoned the doctor they asked me to send photographs to the doctor's then rang back and we had a phone conversation. He described exactly where the spots were and where the pain was and where it started and finished and apparently it starts from the C8 nerve the one that I hurt I'm now on 5 horse tablets a day 800mg each for a week. He said I must warn you you in medical terms they will make you feel crap but in fairness I don't feel too bad at the moment though my skin in is so sensitive to touch and one minute hot the next minute prickly cold . I had to be different everyone else is getting covid not me I want shingles so we'll see how it goes
                  Hiya lav... how's u then ? Yes I'm taking the tablets and will complete the full course! I've bought a trail camera just to see what happens out here at night in the Garden and in the fields behind us. I certainly don't think it will be anything as exotic as you get

Hiya TG how are you today? I didn't realise you were staying in the hotel perhaps you should be an honorary jock haha. Leek and lentil soup is a good mix too plus you can completely change the taste with spices . you take care

Hiya ppqp how are you today then ? hope all is well. Didn't realise that you couldn't get your vaccine hope that gets sorted out

Hiya det how are you feeling today day? Hope it is a bit better my friend we are here if you need to talk but you know that anyway

Hiya Pauly how are you? Haven't seen you for awhile on here hope all is well with you

I have done this on my phone so I don't really know what it looks like but take care look after yourselves and I will tidy it up later on

I bought an Electric car.

It has petrol windows..

I am a man that enjoys being ruthless.

Ruth left me !!

A man was found dead at his home days after he took a lie-detector test on the Jeremy Kyle Show.

"I started getting suspicious," stated the next door neighbour, "after noticing he hadn't left the house in twelve hours to get another neck tattoo."

Just had Radio One on, and heard their 'politically-correct' version of a classic Christmas song.

Alternativelifestyletale of New York.

Suppose you marry a widow who already has a grown up daughter and your father marries the widow's grown up daughter. Now the widow's daughter becomes your mother. Since your mother's mother is your wife, your wife is also your grandmother. As the husband of your grandmother, you become your own grandpa.

Sweet home, Alabama.
                  Last edited by Mick; November 21, 2020, 08:27 AM.
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I'm sorry about the shingles hope you feel better soon, PQ, at least your son cleans , I have both Michelle and Brady living here and they don't lift a finger to help! Sorry I haven't been posting, caught Det's case of the blues as well and just really haven't got anything much to say, I care for you all, stay safe and sane and know I'm always thinking of you
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

OK here today, mostly cloudy & not as cold as it had been.
                      Grandson is happy & quiet & filling himself full as usual, haha!!!

PQ, that’s right, you can’t get those vaccines. I hope you never have to deal with shingles. We both got a vaccine a few years back & since then there’s a new one out that requires 2 shots but our insurance refuses to pay for it so far. We’re keeping our fingers crossed. Hope your weekend is going well.

Cyn, making a big pot of soup even for two can be difficult but we do have a freezer to save some so that helps.
                      Let me know where I can send your truck ornaments when you can. I just mailed some out to a former coworker too. You really have been in motion this year, I imagine you’re ready for a staycation at this point :hug:

Pauly, you are too nice to your grown kids, Lol. They would be given a list of chores & responsibilities in my house & an expectation they contribute $$ to the household. Enough already!!
                      Don’t let this Covid mess destroy your mood. We are going to get over this, I am feeling positive about the vaccines & the new administration coming in soon.

Det, hope you’re OK.

Hello to Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!

Lav
                      Last edited by Lavande; November 21, 2020, 06:26 PM.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                      X