Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22 Nov

Good evening friends,

Dinner & dessert done & company out of the door by 5:30 tonight ~ not bad, haha!!
    It was a quiet dinner because the boys stayed away from one another, haha!! The oldest is turning 12 on Saturday. He was my primary reason for finally pulling my sh*t together & quitting for good. I’ll always be grateful for his arrival, saved my life

Mick, sorry about the van battery. We’ve had cars in the past like that, wouldn’t start in cold weather, etc., so annoying!
    The worst of the shingles should be over in a week - 10 days, then the scabs dry up. The neuralgia may last a while & if it does they should treat that with steroids. It’s different with everybody. Make sure yo ask for help from your doc if it continues, don’t suffer needlessly.

PQ, the turkey was defrosted perfectly. I put it in my convection oven & it was done in less than 2 hours!!!!
    Certainly can’t complain about that & I am foreseeing a turkey pot pie in the near future

Hello to Pauly, Det, Cyn, Sam & Pie.

Have a good night all!

Lav
    I’m ready to kick my clogs off & just sit for a while - long day here!
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick hope you're healing up, I had a customer who had shingles and it completely debilitated his life, for awhile he couldn't even shower cuz it hurt too bad Lav, glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, ours was nice but Romeo isn't feeling good so he wouldn't eat so Kell had to run across the street to McDonald's and get him a happy meal, I'm offended he hates my cooking haha PQ, so you're gonna be working from home now for awhile? Maybe I read it wrong, I think as many businesses should implement working from home if they're able, Lb was able to get a job at a bank call center but she said it's a huuuggee office area with like 50 cubicles with computers yet only 10 people working there, she said it feels kinda creepy, Brady got a job doing pizza delivery and he loves it, the only bad part is that the location is far I'm just glad he's liking it cuz after amazon let him go he was feeling kinda down, doing Postmates but you can't really make any money that way, Det, hope you had a nice holiday, much love to all and wishes for a great BF Fryday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hiya all how are we today then? Hope all is well. We are in tier 3 ..which means basically we can do bugger all..go nowhere or anything. And yet there are places in the south that have higher rates and are in a lower tier ..The North South divide strikes again ..Unfortunately the site we were going to is closed too.We don't know if it will open again...we will be going somewhere. They did Julies dads assessment wow ,...they are putting in some major changes

hiya Pauly ,how are you then? Good i hope..Im getting better ...but its very slow ...and retro ...one minute it seems to settle down the next its itchy or painful but you cant see it..anyway hope things are good with you and yours ..take care

hiya Lav ...how are you then?good I hope half 5 ..I can see you ...shovel dinner down their necks and offski...bye ye she waves from the step!!Still got the scabs ,I havent got any cream Im using sudacreme. take care .and have a nice weekend

hiya ppqp how are you ..hope all is good ...So you are in lockdown too? Again same here subject to finance as opposed to health ...havent a clue how long I will have them ..a couple of hours will do fine...you take care

big shout to everyone

An armed man has just run into an estate agents and shouted
        "Nobody move"

So here is how to work out the governments tier planning.

Tier 1 Beer

Tier 2 Beer with chips.

Tier 3 No beer.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good evening Abbers,

Had a lunchtime visit from our son & his family today to clear out some leftovers, haha! He’s tired working weird 12 hr shifts & all the commuting involved but he’s happy so I’m happy.
          Had a little touch of sunshine just before sunset today. Gloomy days are average this time of year.

Pauly. Sometimes ‘comfort food’ is all a kid wants when they don’t feel well. Don’t take his snub personally haha!!
          Glad to hear your kids found jobs in this shitty economy. Something is better than nothing, right?

Mick, we should all be in serious lockdowns until this virus is dissipated. The virus needs to be starved to death, no more human hosts!
          Thinking about your shingles journey & hoping it gets a little better each day. Yeah, I got the Thanksgiving dinner on & done early yesterday, unusual for me, haha!

PQ, working from home is a good idea if you can manage it at all. You’ll get a routine going real quick & enjoy the commute from your bed to the computer

Hello to Det, Sam, Cyn, Pie, hope everyone is well!

Have a nice night all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

Pauly...good to see you post. Sorry Romeo wasn't feeling well, I'm sure it had nothing to do with your cooking. LOL Haven't worked out a schedule yet but will probably go into work 2 days a week. Since we're shut down again there's not much going on. We only work 2 weeks in December anyways.

Mick...too bad the site you were going to go to shut down. At least with the van you can tweak your plans easier than changing airplane reservations. I figured you were in the tier 3 level when I saw it on the news. I've been wondering how Julie's Dad has been doing. At least he's still able to stay at home, that something. Hope you get over the shingles sooner rather than later.

Lav...leftovers are the best. I'm glad your son is happy in spite of the commuting and I know what you mean when you say you're happy. We had bright sunshine and 54F today. Snow is melting all over the place. This is supposed to keep up all next week. Why do I get the feeling that we're going to pay for it in February? I don't mind working from home if I'm not involved in a big project but I will miss the routine. I will definitely have to build in movement/outdoor time in any new routine.

Waves to Pi, Det, Sam and TG

Have a good night all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mae all, good to hear everyone's stories... goodness, was I really gone from the thread all those days? So sorry. I hit a bit of a funky patch, and also believe that the extreme headaches and foggy brain and body aches and slightly elevated temps (and my hair falling out) shows a pattern that is looking a lot like Covid long-hauler syndrome. This is happened several times since early summer, and it's always the same thing, with a few variations. The brain fog is the worst, I just lose of time and objects, uuugh. Finally feeling better today, but it's been a trip...

Lav, congrats on getting through the extravaganza... I have to say that I was thrilled not to have to do a big dinner this year... I ordered just sides from a local farm/food place, and it is delish... and finally enough delicious gravy! It was a little freaky being all alone... and I mean all alone, nobody else at all here at the motel. But the Sky and the moon were beautiful, so I felt like a friend was there. There are several folks here tonight, so that's good.

I am glad to,report that my friend is doing well - really healing rapidly... I didn't think he would make it, but he really has done well, out of the ICU, and now nearly ready to go to a long-term neirological step down. He is conversant, and getting stronger. I guess it helps to be younger...

Mick and Lav, I had no idea that you had both gone through such extreme trauma... it makes me so grateful for the people who cared for you, and for your strength of character, that you both made it out safely.

Pauly and PPQ, so glad to hear how your lives are going!

Hello to Det and Sam...

It's been pretty dark and gloomy, but warm in the rain on Thanksgiving, so that was nice. Still, counting the days until the solstice and the light starts to grow! To the Light!

So grateful for this thread, for the beautiful souls here, and this soft place to "land".

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick sorry the site will be closed you're very creative with that stuff though so I know you'll think of something, Lav, glad your son stopped by to finish off the leftovers, I wish I had more leftovers, turkeys gone! Next year I'll make 3 haha, Cyn, you sound really good, glad your friend is healing up fast! Sorry about your symptoms, I hear of that prolong weirdness after covid, PQ, I'm sure you'll come up with a routine at least you're sort of used to working from home since December is a short work month for you I still have biting grabdpuppy and she's a bitch, no other words around it she reminds me of an old grumpy lady with curlers in her hair and a robe like the cliche old grouchy lady haha, she's only nice to me, hubs and Louie everyone else she growls under her breath at and completely barks at Michelle but at least she's here and not at the pound, she seems happy she just don't like people anymore I guess, much love to the gang and wishes for a great BF Saturday!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings friends,

Used the last of the turkey to make a pot pie. Now I have pot pie leftovers, haha!
                  Mixture of sun & clouds here today, mid-50’s not bad at all. Got the 1st baby chicken egg today, big surprise as they are just turning 4 months old now. Having the older hens in the same quarters must have motivated her. YB got his mini drone & did the first flight this morning, very cool little thing & it takes great pictures. He’s been watching YouTube videos to learn all the ins & outs of flying this thing & landing safely.

Mick, thinking about you& hope you feel better very soon :hug:

PQ, I’ll bet it’s fun watching the snow melt, haha.
                  There’s a big snow storm brewing up in the midwest but by the time it gets here Monday it’s going to be all rain, or so they say.
                  You can trade your time commute for some exercise time - stick a video in & get moving

Cyn, boy it must have been weird to be at the motel by yourself but glad there’s other folks there now. Sorry to hear you’re having some lingering covid effects. I haven’t seen any good articles on teh topic yet. I guess the researchers are still collecting data. Maybe you could offer your experience & help them out?
                  Great news the young man is recovering quickly. Youth definitely has it’s advantages. You take care.

Pauly, I bought the smallest turkey I could find & it worked out just right.
                  Is there any chance you can get the grand dog to the vet for a check up? She might have some issues causing her to be so grumpy. They all develop something as they get older.

Hello to Det, Sam & Pie.

Have a nice night everyone!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

MAE ALL...

It was a cooler day today with a north wind the just went right threw you, so no outside activity for me today. Been doing regular chores and playing games on the computer, perfect Saturday for me.

TG...sorry you're still struggling with covid symptoms, it sure affects everyone differently, and glad you're feeling better today. Glad you were able to have a tasty Thanksgiving dinner, you can never have too much gravy. Good news about your friend, hope his recovery continues to be quick.

Pauly...one of my brother's dogs didn't like anyone except me and my brother's father in law. If there was anyone else around he would usually go and hide till everyone left. I'm a little concerned about your grand/puppy's aggressive behaviour. Perhaps Lav has the right idea about a vet checkup.

Lav...sounds like YB is going to have hours of fun with his new toy. Perhaps Det can give him some tips. I can not believe the weather we're having. This is supposed to be the coldest for the next 7 days. At least you can't blame Canada for your weather, yet! Sounds like you got a good batch of baby chicks if they're already producing.

Mick...I hope you were able to get some relief today, it must be exhausting for you. You take care of yourself and just try and rest.

Shout out to Det, Pi and Sam, always thinking of you.

Have a good night all...:smile:PPQP

Comment

Working...
                    X